Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

vp won dreamhack. the old masters prove experience beats youth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

I really like all the liveposting threads like Nintendo directs, evo, E3 etc

the game awards thread was bad rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been kinda jumping around from game to game recently so the following games:

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Odin Sphere Leifthraiser
Super Mario World
Hatsune Miku Project DIVA: Future Tone

are all like an hour from being beaten so I'm gonna try to clear the palate this weekend before Nier comes out

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I played some R6:S (tried out Frost again for the first time in months, and 3/3 of my traps were triggered! Amazing round - didn't ace it, but put a LOT of damage on all enemies, surprisingly enough) earlier, as well as some board games with friends earlier. ("Betrayal at the House on the Hill", as well as the 1965 classic "Nuclear War", if anyone was interested. Good games!)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I've been kinda jumping around from game to game recently so the following games:

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Odin Sphere Leifthraiser
Super Mario World
Hatsune Miku Project DIVA: Future Tone

are all like an hour from being beaten so I'm gonna try to clear the palate this weekend before Nier comes out

I've been addicted to 3 games (Yakuza 0, Stardew Valley and Monster Hunter Generations) and 2 map games (HoI4 and EU4) lately. Hard times for this gamer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I've been addicted to 3 games (Yakuza 0, Stardew Valley and Monster Hunter Generations) and 2 map games (HoI4 and EU4) lately. Hard times for this gamer.

Yeah, the real struggle is to not lose another day to Stardew. Although once I hit Year 2 for some reason the time sinking draw disappeared and I find it extremely easy to just play like 4 or 5 days and then stop. Whereas when I first played it I was just thonning for hours and hours and hours

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Metal Gear Solid and Vice City.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh also been playing Last Guardian but I have no idea how long that game is so I didn't include it on the list. But I want to see that through as well

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Oh also been playing Last Guardian but I have no idea how long that game is so I didn't include it on the list. But I want to see that through as well

It's not too long a game. How are you liking it?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
heavily modded morrowind and mayhaps some nucl8r throne

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Probably Nuclear Throne and maybe some Spirit Tracks if I don't get too mad at the controls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's not too long a game. How are you liking it?

So far it's my least favorite Ueda game. There's a wonderful period in the beginning where I was just totally in love with watching Trico and poking around the world but at some point I learned the language of the architecture and I can enter a room and immediately see the solution and it's just waiting for trico to animate while I spam the jump button and just MOVE over there you DUMB motherfucker god GO

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Gonna rescue a couple more POWs in Ground Zeroes then crack open The Phantom Pain

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

finally playing FE: Conquest. It's on Hard Classic and it's a tough game. Also there are a million different seal types and I don't understand how they differ lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The combat encounters are truly harrowing though so I appreciate that. There's an adrenaline spike whenever those armor dudes show up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

finally playing FE: Conquest. It's on Hard Classic and it's a tough game. Also there are a million different seal types and I don't understand how they differ lmao

They explain on the item description what they do

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

So far it's my least favorite Ueda game. There's a wonderful period in the beginning where I was just totally in love with watching Trico and poking around the world but at some point I learned the language of the architecture and I can enter a room and immediately see the solution and it's just waiting for trico to animate while I spam the jump button and just MOVE over there you DUMB motherfucker god GO

I liked it at first and then after a while I had the exact same feeling as you but as I played more I started liking it again and I loved it by the end. I think it's the least good Ueda game but it's still great.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah least favorite isn't a total negative considering SotC is like a top 5 all time for me haha. I also totally love the location, it's places that I was basically imagining seeing in Ico blown out in size and perspective. It's a beautiful game, I just hope I don't get mired in frustration that ultimately are only like a few seconds in the actual experience

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This may sound mildly insane but it's got the best box pushing I've seen in a game.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Tom Clancey's Rainbow Ghostlands

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

In Training posted:

This may sound mildly insane but it's got the best box pushing I've seen in a game.

:engleft:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
TGM, but also I got OutRun 2 in the mail yesterday and it's so drat good, so probably a lot of that too. Sega makes the best arcade racers ever (see also: F-Zero GX)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bloodbnorne, trying to plat it before zelda. ifn ot, maybe re7 or stardew

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Night in the Woods

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok i playyed through the section in last guardian being seperated and attacked and stuck in a cage and im back in!!! very lovely game

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

gregg rulz ok

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

so many good games this weekend. ori and the blind forest, stardew valley, dragon quests 7+8, nioh, yakuza 0... i love having this problem

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

more ds3, maybe some overwatch

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

picked up total war warhammar and the ghost recon demo. need to think about what games to play for tonight so will be watching this thread closely to see if any ideas. Have a good night

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Don't know what I'm gonna play tonight.. It's up in the air.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

GameCube posted:

gregg rulz ok

eels

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Probably 7 Days to Die.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I downloaded the Ghost Recon beta overnight and I'm going to start it when I get home from work. Stardew Valley if GR doesn't grab me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The final boss of SMTIVA is an rear end in a top hat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

On my third attempt i got through the 10 minutes of cutscenes and then he one shot my entire party with an unbuffed aoe wind move that pierced all defenses

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Rainbow Six Siege with my friends. I had a good time playing it for the first time last night with them.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

On my third attempt i got through the 10 minutes of cutscenes and then he one shot my entire party with an unbuffed aoe wind move that pierced all defenses

lmao fuckin owned

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Post work FFXIV, I'll probably finish DQ7 sometime this weekend finally. Might also see about picking up Bloodborne finally.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
After like a solid month of plying like dog poo poo i finally got good streaks i csgo. Hopefully i can regain my old ranks but id have to play it 24/7 to get thT goodagain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

DQ7, also gonna give Warhammer Total War a shot.