Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bradzilla posted:

Anti-perspirants definitely have aluminum

Yeah if they are anti perspirants. Men's deodorant has choices. Where as you can't find women's deodorant that isn't a anti perspirant. That's why my girlfriend just started making her own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why wouldn't you want an antiperspirant?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I think y'all are mixing up anti-prespirant with deodorant.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

For me it has the opposite effect. Instead of stopping sweat it literally makes me drip sweat after a few hours. Plus it's probably not good to block sweat even if it's just redistributed to other sweat glands. Regular deodorants keeps me dry the whole day. :shrug:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I admit to buying the "for men" version of body wash/shampoo, but only because I like it and like to stick with what I know I like.

Those make sense though cause men and women have different body scents in general and floral or fruity stuff doesn't really match well with man smell

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ah, see I'll have pit stains by 10am if I don't wear antiperspirant. And popping your coat off in a meeting for clients to see pit stains is gross as hell.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

steinrokkan posted:

The crossed out shoe logo says "NOT FOR LADIES"

loving broads can't handle my gently salted chips! SEMPER FI

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Solice Kirsk posted:

There's a bunch of pseudoscientific or overblown health dangers surrounding them. "It's just not natural to not get nasty and sweaty!". A tiny amount of people get irritated skin.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Das Boo posted:

Part of me delights in the typical fraility of the male ego, part of me is enraged by it. I was talking with a guy friend the other night about a mutual friend being into ridiculous movie/game gore while literally clasping his hands over his ears if you mention tampons.

So yeah, buns are cool, having to put "man" in front of it is what makes it retarded. Every time I see "man" Q-Tips there's a distant explosion in my brain.

Yeah, it is quite entertaining to make fun of how delicate men are. But at the same time it's really annoying how damaging and dangerous toxic masculinity is.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014
Men have a very narrow social niche, ok? If they stray from it in either direction, they deserve nothing but scorn.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I wear special socks that suck out all my masculinity toxins.

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff
Lay's can kindly gently caress off with that "do us a flavor" nonsense. The "best flavor" contest was over the minute they brought all-dressed chips to the US.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Baronjutter posted:

I wear special socks that suck out all my masculinity toxins.

Those are called leg warmers.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ah, see I'll have pit stains by 10am if I don't wear antiperspirant. And popping your coat off in a meeting for clients to see pit stains is gross as hell.

Where does your excess sweat go then? Piss?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

No idea. If I had to hazard a guess it would be my feet, but that could just be because I wear dark socks at work. Basically I hate working because I'm in a suit and dress shoes all day. I wish some king would start wearing sleeveless shirts and jeans and it takes off so I can start dressing like that at a bank.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mu Zeta posted:

You don't have some sweat bladder where sweat accumulates and from which it gets distributed around the body. If the sweat glands are not stimulated to produce sweat, or are constricted by an agent, they just don't.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Sweat is meant to prevent your body from overheating. You don't need to sweat out your pits to accomplish that. The human body is weird and does all kinds of dumb crap, like sweating when you are not actually hot. Blame god if you like, he doesn't exist.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

doverhog posted:

Blame god if you like, he doesn't exist.

you're gonna cut someone with that edge

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Edge, that seems pretty normal these days. Were you left behind?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

If you go too long without sweating all of your body's sweat glands will rupture, causing a visual effect not unlike thousands of tiny red flowers blossoming beneath your skin. The pain is said to be excruciating.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Tony Bologna posted:

Lay's can kindly gently caress off with that "do us a flavor" nonsense. The "best flavor" contest was over the minute they brought all-dressed chips to the US.

We've had that flavor for years now, we call it bbq.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Different people sweat different amounts. Some people don't sweat enough for it to be a problem, and if you don't need it, why use it?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Ytlaya posted:

If you go too long without sweating all of your body's sweat glands will rupture, causing a visual effect not unlike thousands of tiny red flowers blossoming beneath your skin. The pain is said to be excruciating.

I've always wanted to look like the ending of MGS3

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tiggum posted:

Different people sweat different amounts. Some people don't sweat enough for it to be a problem, and if you don't need it, why use it?

Because it costs the same as regular deodorant. If you're gonna pay for something then get the most poo poo put in it! It's why I always buy the "severe migraine" headache medicine. If its strong enough to stop that then its strong enough to fix a slight headache. Why use a thumb tack if you have a railroad spike?

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

Solice Kirsk posted:

Because it costs the same as regular deodorant. If you're gonna pay for something then get the most poo poo put in it! It's why I always buy the "severe migraine" headache medicine. If its strong enough to stop that then its strong enough to fix a slight headache. Why use a thumb tack if you have a railroad spike?

And thus, America's opioid problem.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It's better to bathe at night before bed. People who do it in the morning get in bed covered in the filth and detritus they have accumulated vernthe day and sully their soft comfortable bedsheets.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
or you could shower twice a day

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

Too much work

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

spit on my clit posted:

Real answer: never stop showering.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

spit on my clit posted:

"lives in a drought stricken country, wastes water because ew sweat"
e;posted thinking I was in a different thread, feel free to contribute me to the idiots thread.

Tarantula has a new favorite as of 05:24 on Feb 26, 2017

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

spit on my clit posted:

Showering twice a day is really loving bad for your skin and immune system.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

oldpainless posted:

It's better to bathe at night before bed. People who do it in the morning get in bed covered in the filth and detritus they have accumulated vernthe day and sully their soft comfortable bedsheets.

Agreed. Although, I do this because I want to sleep as long as possible before work mainly . I miss feeling fresh out of the shower in the morning though.

phuo, the "only button one button" on a suit thing is the stupidest most non sensical poo poo and people care about it way too much. Suits actually look better with both of the buttons used too.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tiggum posted:

The smelly kids never think they smell.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

sassassin posted:

The smelly kids never think they smell.

Yeah and it's one of those things 99% of people will never bring up because it's such an awkward conversation, so a lot of people go through their whole life smelling like rear end while telling people how great not using shampoo is or how amazing the deoderant they made themselves is. This also applies to cat owners who insist their house doesn't smell like piss.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Just shower everyday and put on normal deodorant regardless of how you think you smell. Simple and effective.

Cat owners tho, if you clean the litter box every day like you are supposed to and the cat doesn't piss on the couch or whatever, there is no appreciable smell.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

doverhog posted:

Cat owners tho, if you clean the litter box every day like you are supposed to and the cat doesn't piss on the couch or whatever, there is no appreciable smell.

That happens so rarely though - people get lazy, figure "well I don't smell anything yet" and let it go longer than you're supposed to, or maybe they do it to save money, etc. There have been very few cat apartments/houses I've walked into where you couldn't immediately tell it was one even before seeing the cat.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just let your cat go outside and poo poo where it wants to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

That is actually bad, because the outside is dangerous, full of cars and rat poison. You should love your kitty enough to imprison it indoors, kindly, while feeling vaguely bad about "owning" a living thing.