Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Who did Seattle lose to get 2 3rds?

Very happy with a 3rd and 2 5ths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chichevache posted:

Seattle got 2 3rd rounders. :birddrugs:

One for losing JR Sweezy to the Bucs who had back surgery and did not even play one down this season.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

One for losing JR Sweezy to the Bucs who had back surgery and did not even play one down this season.

Also Bruce Irvin, Brandon Mebane and Russell Okung while signing two of the sorriest linemen on the planet.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

brandon lafell should have dropped more balls and the Bengals shouldn't have signed Dansby

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I'm really confused how the Panthers got such a high pick. It couldn't have been Norman right? Because we voluntarily rescinded his tag I thought that wasn't supposed to count. Who am I forgetting that we lost?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

zimbomonkey posted:

I'm really confused how the Panthers got such a high pick. It couldn't have been Norman right? Because we voluntarily rescinded his tag I thought that wasn't supposed to count. Who am I forgetting that we lost?

Dolphins rescinded the tag on OV (I think) and still got the pick?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Cool we got a third for Alex Mack, not cool we got Jamie Collins for Alex Mack.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

It was Norman.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Weird. I swear I remember beat writers saying it wouldn't count because they untagged him.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

tarbrush posted:

Dolphins rescinded the tag on OV (I think) and still got the pick?

Wasn't OV just a transition tag?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

wandler20 posted:

That owns so hard.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

zimbomonkey posted:

Wasn't OV just a transition tag?

Yes

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Seems the Eagles might be getting around rules by Wentz working out personally with some WR draft prospects outside of Philadelphia. Word is, Wentz has a big influence on who the Eagles sign and draft because the Eagles are 'all in' on making the best offense possible tailor made for Wentz.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...per-kupp-rumors

Apparently there are 8 receivers the Eagles are interested in, in the draft. The 3 known that Wentz has worked out with are JuJu Smith-Schuster, Mack Hollins, and Cooper Kupp (:f5:)

Come onnnnnnnnnn, Cooper

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chase Stuart has a value chart that basically converts all the comp picks for a team into the equivalent draft position value for that pick:

So basically: the Seahawks got the equivalent of a mid 2nd round pick, Miami a late 2nd rounder, etc.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Man, the Saints never get comp picks.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
That deal last year continues to pay off for Tennessee as they get another 3rd from the Rams. :getin:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miamis 3rd is already spent sadly dolphins fans as is our 4th.

The two 5ths help lessen the blow plus it means we keep our 18th pick in the 3rd

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

Weird. I swear I remember beat writers saying it wouldn't count because they untagged him.

Nah I'm pretty sure a if a team rescinds the tag it's like it never happened in the first place.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

A 3rd, a fifth and 2 6 rounders is a pretty nice haul.

I don't think the Chiefs need this many choices (unless they sign or re-sign literally nobody in FA), so I'd like to see them do some moving up for good football mans or trade some off for future picks.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Silly Burrito posted:

What do you mean? We've had 10 since, well, ever. Even the Texans have had 12 and they weren't around for 8 years of comp picks.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Well Ted, that 5th was a nice compensation for Casey Hayward.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Silly Burrito posted:

you need good players for people to steal in FA first~~

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Doltos posted:

you need good players for people to steal in FA first~~

Well poo poo.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

89 posted:

Seems the Eagles might be getting around rules by Wentz working out personally with some WR draft prospects outside of Philadelphia. Word is, Wentz has a big influence on who the Eagles sign and draft because the Eagles are 'all in' on making the best offense possible tailor made for Wentz.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...per-kupp-rumors

Apparently there are 8 receivers the Eagles are interested in, in the draft. The 3 known that Wentz has worked out with are JuJu Smith-Schuster, Mack Hollins, and Cooper Kupp (:f5:)

Come onnnnnnnnnn, Cooper

This is smart and I am surprised more teams don't do this. Get a feel for who your franchise QB works well with and take it from there.

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

OperaMouse posted:

Well Ted, that 5th was a nice compensation for Casey Hayward.

:suicide:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
ONE MORE DAY

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jeff Ireland is ready.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
:siren: COMBINE STARTS TODAY :siren:

Of course nothing will actually happen for a while

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Can't wait to find out who has the best "bubble"!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

So, TJ Watt. Could he replace Tamba and Ford? I know it's no where close to our top need, but I'm trying to figure out if I should be upset if it happens.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
cant wait to hear a million stories about how late T*m Br*ady was drafted

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Waroduce posted:

just think, your favorite team passed on him 5 or 6 times in favor of 4-5 players you've never heard of and, if you're lucky, one you might have

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

evilweasel posted:

just think, your favorite team passed on him 5 or 6 times in favor of 4-5 players you've never heard of and, if you're lucky, one you might have

I don't think I ever actually looked, although I'm also convinced he would never have played a snap in Kansas City.

1. Sylvester Morris - Hey I remember this guy! Uh...he might have been ok if he had two functioning knees. He unfortunately didn't even have one if I remember right.

2. William Bartee - Remember him too! He was a corner, who....was okish for a while I guess? Maybe a lot less than ok, now I think I remember everyone complaining about him. But he started for a while, so good for him.

3. Greg Wesley - Safety. This guy I remember less, even though he played longer than Bartee. Probably because he was less worth complaining about on reflection.

4. Frank Moreau - RB. Yeah don't remember him at all, he was out of the league in 2 years.

5.1. Dante Hall - RB/WR/really just a returner. I cannot complain about this pick in any way, even retrospectively knowing Brady was there.

5.2. Pat Dennis - Corner. For some reason I remember his name. I have no idea why, and after looking him up I'm even more confused. He stuck around the league for four years but was out of KC after one.

6. Darnell Alford - Guard. Yeah, no clue. Appeared in 3 games over 2 years.

After Brady but I still remember round 7 Desmond Kitchings, probably because of his name? Maybe because of something to do with NC State, he's a coach there now.

Jesus Christ this is an awful draft outside of Hall, but my memory for bad draft picks seems solid.

Waroduce posted:

Also I apologize for this post, but I was curious.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

evilweasel posted:

Yup, nobody remembers who the Bears drafted in 2000.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sataere posted:

The A-Train?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

you mean lord tensai?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I believe he means Prince Albert.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Kirios posted:

I believe he means Prince Albert.

A-Train wouldn't be a bad moniker for him if you believe Victoria's diaries

or her thousands of children

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Sataere posted:

I think people only remember that guy because of Brady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAt6S1RHBYs&t=34s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So what bust are the Bears gonna draft this year?

• Locked thread