Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Everytime I fight a Conqeuror I feel like a nerd being repeatedly shoved into a locker.

It hits too close to home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Loopoo posted:

Why remove gear? A lot of people have sunk tonnes of time and effort into getting decent sets of gear. I've spent all this time since launch getting my Orochi to Prestige 3, and then I spent all the steel I earned (9000) on buying armour kits and weapon kits.

It'd be a huge slap in the face if Ubisoft removed gear just because. Adjusting gear so it's not overpowered (like insta-revenge gears are) are acceptable. But everything else should stay as is.

What else would you spend steel on? The gear still looks cool. Who cares?

Stats are dumb.

Also, careful there buddy, I once got red-texted for using the phrase "slap in the face" when talking about a videogame :v:

Internet Kraken posted:

Everytime I fight a Conqeuror I feel like a nerd being repeatedly shoved into a locker.

I think its a pretty limited class overall but boy howdy I just fought a really really good conqueror.

I would say I have to respect him, but he had a nazi SS emblem so instead I turned it around and beat him up and then reported him.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The game has only been out a week and a half, it's not like we're talking about some shitpile f2p MMO where the gear is literally half a year of life.

Just dump it and refund people or rework it to the point that it doesn't REALLY matter (gives you maybe 10% to the relevant stat if you insanely stack it).

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Anyone else get annoying microstutters in dominion? Changing graphics settings seems to do nothing and my computer is stronk

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
Been practicing conq a lot, anyone got any tips? specifically the timing on the heavy attack block start up and whether or not I should be trying to use it a lot. Seems like the only way to get damage in on good players.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I didn't spend a single dime on this, the gear I have is gear I earned through contracts / playing the game. So if I were to lose all it's advantages, I'd be a little bummed out. Other people just whomp cash at the game and get instant orange gear but a fair few of us grind it out the boring way.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Pretty much no one in here has a loving clue what they're talking about

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

UP AND ADAM posted:

Pretty much no one in here has a loving clue what they're talking about

I'm going to go ahead and assume that includes you as well.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Assume what you will.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Internet Kraken posted:

Thank you putting into text the reason I play Conqueror.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Internet Kraken posted:

Yyyyyup. Me too pal

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Someone found an interesting build for berserker.. effectiveness may vary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmmVHVCkfBg

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Loopoo posted:

Why remove gear?

Like I said the idea situation is not to remove gear. It is to make gear stats cool and good. However this will never happen. I guess removing them will never happen either so who cares.

There are two really lovely things about gear stats currently. The first is that it absolutely shits all over new players and that can only harm the game's population, and it can do it a big way. The second is that it discourages experienced players from diversifying into new classes. If you have grinded out to Orange and come across another Orange player then you are on a level (albeit retarded) playing field. But if you are playing on a new class and come across that same player you will just get poo poo on unless you outplay him HARD. It turns the prospect of leveling new classes into an asinine gaming version of the Prisoner's Dilemma where "try new characters" is "don't push the button".

The system just sucks all around.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Yeah matchmaking happens before you even choose which class you want to play which removes any possibility of it taking your gear/level into account which is really lovely in every possible way. I suppose it reduces experienced players chosing a level 1 character and clowning on noobs but there has to be some kind of middle ground.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Indecisive posted:

This is glorious.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Batman Berserker is the best build and I love it dearly. I just wish I could play the class to save my life.

About gear, as long as they fix the nightmarish revenge gain I don't think it's too bad. I don't even notice people's gear unless they go super saiyan from the lightest tap.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Zzulu posted:

Anyone else get annoying microstutters in dominion? Changing graphics settings seems to do nothing and my computer is stronk

i get them around fires if i have skype open otherwise no

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Rainuwastaken posted:

Batman Berserker is the best build and I love it dearly. I just wish I could play the class to save my life.

About gear, as long as they fix the nightmarish revenge gain I don't think it's too bad. I don't even notice people's gear unless they go super saiyan from the lightest tap.

What is this Batman berserker of which you speak?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

https://www.webmshare.com/play/69R41

https://www.webmshare.com/play/DmQEz

Was this Orochi using a lagswitch? I've played against people with lovely internet but never to this extent. The guy claimed he had awful internet but he was able to run around and kill all of us easily. We had no idea how to defend against him cause it was super fucky. Normally when someone has bad internet, they just react slowly or badly. I've never seen them teleport around with that severity.

Obligatory: Ubisoft you pieces of poo poo, fix this P2P rubbish and just get dedicated servers.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Gear is a carrot. Games shouldn't/don't need such obvious carrots.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

If he went out of his way to tell you he had bad internet, he's a lag switcher rear end in a top hat.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Fuzz posted:

If he went out of his way to tell you he had bad internet, he's a lag switcher rear end in a top hat.

Where can I go to report him and get him banned with this video evidence? I reported him in-game but I doubt that'll do anything. And yeah when you put it that way, he was really hammering home the "muh internet is real bad" shtick.

The first guy he killed said "wtf?" on chat and he replied back with "UBISOFT SERVERS ARE poo poo!"

Qubee fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 25, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Oh yay, so for a gear stats is stupid update, once you cross a certain threshold for debuff resistance, all guaranteed guardbreak situations become techable.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Evil Canadian posted:

Oh yay, so for a gear stats is stupid update, once you cross a certain threshold for debuff resistance, all guaranteed guardbreak situations become techable.

I was actually just looking at that post too!

Video and post on reddit here fore reference

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/5vvylt/debuff_resistance_is_broken_all_gbs_become/

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff
Yeah gear was a bad idea..

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Indecisive posted:

Holy poo poo, it is techies!

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Rainuwastaken posted:

I'm a big loving scrub so my only real hatred is people with huge throw range increases on their gear.

What are the least used classes? I haven't played a huge amount, but it seems like Warden and Orochi are the most common, with a pretty even mix for the rest (except shugoki, but I am terrible with him).

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Whalley posted:

I'm a big loving scrub so my only real hatred is people with huge throw range increases on their gear.

What are the least used classes? I haven't played a huge amount, but it seems like Warden and Orochi are the most common, with a pretty even mix for the rest (except shugoki, but I am terrible with him).

Raider is pretty rare.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Evil Canadian posted:

lmao what

That makes no sense. That just throws a fundamental gameplay mechanic out the window.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

lmao what

That makes no sense. That just throws a fundamental gameplay mechanic out the window.

Fix this game too Hard!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Internet Kraken posted:

lmao what

Throwing fundamental gameplay out the window seems to be Gear Stat's specialty.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Whalley posted:

Lawbringer, valkyrie, and berserker. They're all kind of considered the runts of the litter.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

FunkMonkey posted:

Lawbringer, valkyrie, and berserker. They're all kind of considered the runts of the litter.

Nah tons of people play Lawbringer in my experience. I have no clue why since he's definitely not easy to play. I guess its just cause he looks cool.

Valkyrie is the least common from what I've seen.

VVV I believe this is correct. When I was lower mmr I saw tons of Lawbringers in duels, now I run into them far less. Overall class variety isn't as bad as it used to be for me though. I think in the middle mmr bracket there is just this wasteland populated by nothing but Orochis and Wardens.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 25, 2017

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

FunkMonkey posted:

I still see a lot of Lawbringers though. There seems to be a decent contingent of people who will play him no matter what.

At a higher MMR though, they all are probably filtered out.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

To follow up this much discussed image, a dude did further testing and it seems like this isn't ENTIRELY the dumpster fire it looks like - EVERYONE can switch block in 8 frames, but there's an unknown 'cooldown' on the effect, so attempting to switch guard too fast will result in the slower times for those classes. So, as long as you aren't spamming guard changes constantly for no reason, your FIRST reaction block can get there in time, unless they feint and switch it up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/5vzo5l/block_speed_guard_switch_time_confusion_and_why/

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Loopoo posted:

Obligatory: Ubisoft you pieces of poo poo, fix this P2P rubbish and just get dedicated servers.

here is the comprehensive list of games that have launched with P2P networking and then swapped to dedicated servers after the community complained:

panda clue
May 23, 2014
you guys act like its as simple as plugging in a few extra computers and flicking a switch. it aint gonna happen. its going to take them over 2 weeks to get the first set of balance changes out. changing the entire matchmaking architecture is a pipedream.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Ubisoft? Balance patches?

Haha, see you in 6 months.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Fuzz posted:

Ubisoft? Balance patches?

Haha, see you in 6 months.

I wish I could disagree. I hope we're wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Look they can't be worst than Blizzard right? Right?