Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Trump declared ABC fake news and enemy of the people and then allowed them to bully him into letting them into the presser!

Sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Solarin posted:

recording repost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEeDRUZIDq8

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Batman is a tool of the billionaire elites to suppress purse snatching while doing nothing about - and even actively assisting - the sort of economic policies that create the desperation that leads to the crime in the first place

the Gotham solution to poverty is to intern all the homeless and poor on a separate island that's a combination of Kowloon City and Oakland :chloe:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

rear end cobra posted:

Pretty funny to read all the hate Fat Mike Huckabee gets whenever he tweets though

his son kills dogs for fun

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
trying to catch up with today, is the whole spicy press lockout just a distraction from the FBI thing or what?

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Agrajag posted:

his large adult son kills dogs for fun

Fixed

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

McGlockenshire posted:

trying to catch up with today, is the whole spicy press lockout just a distraction from the FBI thing or what?

what fbi thjng

Sounds like fake news to me

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

McGlockenshire posted:

im looking at it as the first step in a putin-like dismantling and takeover of the press

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

lol if the whole FBI/Pubis thing was some Deep State honeypot thing

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Reading CNN.com over the past month has been loving amazing

The current headline right now is 36 point text "AN UNPRECEDENTED ACT" and they're just bringing the flamethrower fully to bear on Trump

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Can't wait for Mexico to elect an anti-American president in 2018 due to Trump's rhetoric and policies.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Weeping Wound posted:

the Gotham solution to poverty is to intern all the homeless and poor on a separate island that's a combination of Kowloon City and Oakland :chloe:

that sounds extremely cyberpunk, count me in

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

whoa i think cnn is finally getting the message

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

STAC Goat posted:

I went to bed with snow on the ground outside my window and got my first good night's sleep all week and woke up in a different season. It was loving weird.

Something feels weird about this week. Most of my social circle has been in a slump. Lotsa posters trying to get blasted tonight. Not many media stories blew up.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

McGlockenshire posted:

priebus was on the warpath against nyt today about the fbi story, according to that pool report i posted earlier. not sure why cnn was kept out but i know they have been quickly signal-boosting every nyt scoop against the white house lately

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My country is in some poo poo right now

Whoever said in this thread that America is a third-world country propped up by a first-world military is going to be right sooner or later, if they aren't already.

Also what would a "second-world" country be?

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

OhFunny posted:

Can't wait for Mexico to elect an anti-American president in 2018 due to Trump's rhetoric and policies.

I told my brother the same thing. Mexico is ripe for someone with anti us rhetoric to be elected. It would be a nasty situation for the US.

I also thought why shouldn't Mexico start inviting Russian or Chinese officials for diplomatic talks just to scare the US.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Whoever said in this thread that America is a third-world country propped up by a first-world military is going to be right sooner or later, if they aren't already.

first world was US + allies

second world was USSR + allies

third world were nominally unaffiliated nations

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

C-Euro posted:

second-world means a nation in the soviet bloc

or in putin's sphere of influence today i guess

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

and i must meme posted:

what would actually happen if libertarians got their deregulated ayn rand paradise?

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-shouts/l-p-d-libertarian-police-department

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

McGlockenshire posted:

nothing is a distraction, trump just dumb as gently caress

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jazerus posted:

oh, fancy that

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

in case you missed this story from this morning

tacodaemon posted:

lol texas adopted athletic rules saying trans kids have to compete with their birth gender and now every girl in the state wrestling tournament is losing to this one trans dude who's been on hormone therapy for a while

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-championship/

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

soemtimes i just yell “Subway™ Eat Fresh and Freeze, Scumbag!®” at my wife and she gets so so confused

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FCKGW posted:

soemtimes i just yell “Subway™ Eat Fresh and Freeze, Scumbag!®” at my wife and she gets so so confused

You have to put a dollar in her first

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Jazerus posted:

So we're actually a second-world nation propped up by a first-world military then :v:

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

tacodaemon posted:

priebus was on the warpath against nyt today about the fbi story, according to that pool report i posted earlier. not sure why cnn was kept out but i know they have been quickly signal-boosting every nyt scoop against the white house lately

okay so yeah, very not a distraction

is there any dissent at all from the right? expecting not, especially as I've seen nothing indicating it anywhere...

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
trump watches cnn so he knows better than anyone how fake their news is. he doesnt watch nbc, cbs or abc, so theyre legit.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

McGlockenshire posted:

is there any dissent at all from the right? expecting not, especially as I've seen nothing indicating it anywhere...
lol no

As long as Trump approves their plans in Congress it's all good

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The US is third world if you took away the tech so it's kinda second world

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I guess WaPo wasn't banned?

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Who wouldve thought that ethics in gaming journalism could lead to this

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Apparently they didn't have anyone at the gaggle

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Man Musk posted:

Who wouldve thought that ethics in gaming journalism could lead to this

Probably should have let the guy post in GBS, I guess :confuoot:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i notice a lot of trump thread & overwatch crossover

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

what if spicer is sleeping with the infowars reporter???

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

C-Euro posted:

It was me and iveI been saying it for over a decade

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

the historical definitions of the Nth-world device persist today solely for people to Well, Actually about it

this ain't to knock answering the question or pointing out what it used to mean, but no, the united states is not a second-world whatever, technically or otherwise

why, yes, i am capable of taking a joke too seriously, why do you ask *farts*

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Trapezound posted:

the historical definitions of the Nth-world device persist today solely for people to Well, Actually about it

this ain't to knock answering the question or pointing out what it used to mean, but no, the united states is not a second-world whatever, technically or otherwise

*farts*

dude we're in the soviet circle now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

McGlockenshire posted:

bret baier from fox news was tweeting against it, pointing out that cnn, nyt and others supported fox news back in 2009 when the obama white house shut fox out of some briefings with the "jobs czar". wsj also said that they would have boycotted the gaggle (as time magazine and associated press did) if they had known about the exclusion and that they would boycott in the future if it happens again

• Locked thread