Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

artists waste their time making a ("space") grasshopper that will be rejected immediately and binned after the stream

You obviously know nothing about open development...erm...development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Of course, what no one mentions is the time wasted by finding out what CAN'T be done.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Why would anyone pay $25 for that Hellion game when for just 7 times that price you can buy an internet spaceship concept jpeg for Star Citizen?

(Looks like they sold about 240 Hurricanes in the first hour)

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 24, 2017

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Clicked the stream and of course within 5 seconds they are getting stimperial o9

edit:
:gary: https://clips.twitch.tv/starcitizen/BrightRuffOMGScoots :yarg:

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 24, 2017

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Ben's started to implode!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

New ship! Only $350

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Well if you "know the odds" it's not a loving gamble is it? jesus fu- *pgabz style rage ensues*

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Pointing to normal delays in normal games to excuse SC is as disingenuous as everything else citizens say. A 3-6 month delay in a publisher title is done to polish a finished-- playable from start to finish-- game and avoid backlash over bugs and instability. A 3 or 4 year delay on a game that didn't start development until 2013-- 14-- 15-- 16-- is proof that whoever is managing it is as clueless as their customers.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Christ.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

That disclaimer makes me wonder how they're going to fund combat development since ship sales are all for fluff...

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Christ Robbers

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

god this is so loving pathetic

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
a moment of silence for all the other dumb poo poo that money could have bought

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wait I thought it was supposed to be $175 for the Anvil Concept Art

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Beet Wagon posted:

VAT?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Not in USD. Maybe CA tax?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

quote:

The Hurricane is being offered for the first time as a limited concept sale. This means that the ship design meets our specifications, but it is not yet ready to display in your Hangar, fight in Arena Commander, or fly in the Alpha.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
UK VAT 20%

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

meets our specifications = we need some cash

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

It's funny they say stuff like this but have completely gone silent and buried the fact that Ben announced the valiant or whatever would be the last ship actually in the Beta Release and that all the concept sales that have been going on for almost two years now will be for ships you wouldn't even get for a couple years even in the best case backer fantasy of this thing coming out as promised.

They plainly said they had to make a cut off point to decide what would be feasible for a retail release and that all the additional ships (more than a dozen concept sales ago) weren't even being considered yet. They are still struggling to give you ships they sold in 2014 and 2015.

It's so far buried that even the idiot shills MoMA and Lazrin smugly argued the opposite, like when MoMA loudly declared he would be in one of those $45 speed bikes by the end of 2016 "Because pipelines."

Even people who pay $8000 don't even know what's actually going on in this, the worlds most open development, game project.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hellion literally does everything with components, ship systems, and EVA that SC promised to do.

Can you plug a commander component to control other ships as if it were a RTS game?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Virtual Captain posted:

Clicked the stream and of course within 5 seconds they are getting stimperial o9

edit:

Those bastards Archered my okcupid profile pic

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

Well, of course, you HAVE to have clothing damage states before you get the female models ready. Because, seriously, as a backer (not really), how is a woman supposed to make money in the 'Verse?

Just the default naked should be plenty I bet. Boob slider to MAXIMUM BOOBS.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

But will they support all nipple types?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
First three hours of Hurricane plus assorted bollocks sale.

First four hours of the Blade sale. Mar 18, 2016

First three hours of some stupid mining ship I forget the name of. Apr 22, 2016

Previous sales.

AP fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 25, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Citizen Status : Still really dumb.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Virtual Captain posted:

edit:

If the dude went from blob rock to that spider dicked man in that amount of time that's pretty impressive!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hellion literally does everything with components, ship systems, and EVA that SC promised to do.

But does it have farming?

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

The Glumslinger posted:

But does it have farming?

Same as SC. No.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

AP posted:

First three hours of Hurricane plus assorted bollocks sale.

First four hours of the Blade sale. Mar 18, 2016

First three hours of some stupid mining ship I forget the name of. Apr 22, 2016

Previous sales.

Current sale compared to the Prospector and Dragonfly. It doesn't seem qualitatively much different.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

Don't think we even need this thread, Honestly you wont like every ship that comes out and you shouldn't, No need to get all upset that CIG has created another ship to sell to create more funding to create this amazing space sim that we all hold dear to our hearts. 10k 40k 100k, ect in an hour is amazing and helps get us to our goal of one day lossing ourselves in this new universe Chris Roberts envisioned for us.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

"Trolls probably love it that you're spending so much effort getting mad at them" :responds with a 10-page rant:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Look. Look how much you wrote.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
He's really showing them there trolls who's boss

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
While going through the old thread to find MoMA swearing that "optimized pipelines" would put him in the dragonfly by the end of 2016 I ran across this gem again

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/835285016628228096

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Space Crabs posted:

While going through the old thread to find MoMA swearing that "optimized pipelines" would put him in the dragonfly by the end of 2016 I ran across this gem again

Yeah that was back when they needed money and folks were scared they couldn't finish with only $20M. Now they need money because development is expensive and other AAA games have even bigger budgets!