Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Even if I was working at a game development shop, I would never feel comfortable using a WASD keyboard at work. Perhaps this helps explain CIGs glacial development pace.

Joe Blobber posted:

:words:
lol didn't read a word of that. Guy is nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I was always under the assumption that Derek was not going to sue anyone. When he claimed his blog would cause legal action it seemed to me that he was contemplating making a devastating claim, and that CIG would then sue him for libel. During the process of discovery in the proceedings for the libel case against Derek more damaging information for CIG would be brought to light. That is how I interpreted it, at least.

Actually no.

Privileged details were relayed to me, and which would not only have caused a lot of problems for some folks, but which would also have given CIG an "in" to cause me legal aggravation which would have eclipsed the on-going bullshit (which would have eventually come into play, but after a long, grueling, costly legal foray). On legal advice, I opted not to write that particular blog, but instead err on the side of caution.

It's one thing to be sued for bullshit, then tossed out as per Anti-SLAPP (I live in glorious Florida where they take that poo poo seriously), and clearly another to be sued for something that could potentially have liability issues and ramifications.

If it was something foolish like their whole stalking and harassment bullshit (which btw is one of my "ins" that I have yet to exercise), it would have been a whole other story.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Actually no.

Privileged details were relayed to me, and which would not only have caused a lot of problems for some folks, but which would also have given CIG an "in" to cause me legal aggravation which would have eclipsed the on-going bullshit (which would have eventually come into play, but after a long, grueling, costly legal foray). On legal advice, I opted not to write that particular blog, but instead err on the side of caution.

It's one thing to be sued for bullshit, then tossed out as per Anti-SLAPP (I live in glorious Florida where they take that poo poo seriously), and clearly another to be sued for something that could potentially have liability issues and ramifications.

If it was something foolish like their whole stalking and harassment bullshit (which btw is one of my "ins" that I have yet to exercise), it would have been a whole other story.

LOL. Came back to browse the thread out of curiosity after like two months and nothing has changed at all.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Virtual Captain posted:

Even if I was working at a game development shop, I would never feel comfortable using a WASD keyboard at work. Perhaps this helps explain CIGs glacial development pace.

That's pretty clearly a logitech keyboard, not a wasd.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

They're referring to the highlighted WASD gaming keys, not the brand WASD.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

D1E posted:

LOL. Came back to browse the thread out of curiosity after like two months and nothing has changed at all.

It's kind of reassuring.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
this hole was meant for me

*clips halfway thru*

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Virtual Captain posted:

I am confused by this. How would the colored WASD keys change pace of development? Or are you thinking Qwerty Vs. Dvorak?

**edit** I use a keyboard with this exact setup and it blows people's minds at work. They always ask "How do you type on that!?" and I always want to say "I know how to type!"

IncredibleIgloo fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 25, 2017

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Somehow, I think you are interpreting their question wrong...

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I am confused by this. How would the colored WASD keys change pace of development? Or are you thinking Qwerty Vs. Dvorak?

**edit** I use a keyboard with this exact setup and it blows people's minds at work. They always ask "How do you type on that!?" and I always want to say "I know how to type!"

My brother uses dvorak layout and I'm pretty sure he mostly does it so people won't want to use his laptop.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Roflan posted:

Somehow, I think you are interpreting their question wrong...

Based on the folks who ask, I believe their assumption is "How can you type without knowing what the keys are?", as opposed to "How can you type efficiently when there are slick little stickers all over the keys, especially considering if they are not perfectly centered they will kind of rub your finger and slow you down and feel weird?". Most of the folks I work with never had formal keyboard training and utilize a hunt and peck method for typing. If there is another way to interpret the question that I am oblivious to, please let me know.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Joe Blober's Manzes article

Manzes - Encyclopedia Dramatica

The ED editor "Manze" editing the Manzes article appears to be Joe Blober himself

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 25, 2017

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Mirificus posted:

This appears to be interesting, but, uh, what exactly is it? Is Joe Blober Manzes an alt of someone?

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

IncredibleIgloo posted:

This appears to be interesting, but, uh, what exactly is it? Is Joe Blober Manzes an alt of someone?

I don't think we know much about Joe Blober besides that he runs sctrollsdump and writes many long and entertaining screeds there. He also has taken his act to the comment sections of Star Citizen articles; every time he receives another inevitable beatdown, he immediately adds his new nemesis's name to the list of "alts", hence the long list of edits on the article.

boviscopophobic fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 25, 2017

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
By WASD I'm sure you mean the QWERTY layout :spergin:

E: never used Dvorak because I never look at the keys with Qwerty (fairly fast typist), I don't know if I could reconfigure that in my brain without hunt/peck, so I'm not sure there's any benefit to switching over.

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 25, 2017

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Manzes is a critic of Star Citizen and subsequently one of Joe Blober's enemies. Joe Blober appears to have been editing the ED article on Manzes, both as himself and "Manze", into the same form as one of his articles as well as advertising his blog. The long list of "alts" is made up of people he has encountered in the comment sections of Star Citizen articles.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Virtual Captain posted:

I usually read these rants but a couple of paragraphs was enough for me. He cares a lot.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
e: /\/\/\/\/\ this always gets at least a glance, it never fails to make me smile. every other sentence is a classic.

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

this hole was meant for me

*clips halfway thru*

:gary: DRRR :gary: DRRR :gary: DRRR

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 25, 2017

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Congratulations on your training wheels n00bz0r.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

MeLKoR posted:

Congratulations on your training wheels n00bz0r.

Ah, a blank canvas to keybind 70 different things...before the start of the first game mechanic.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mirificus posted:

Manzes is a critic of Star Citizen and subsequently one of Joe Blober's enemies. Joe Blober appears to have been editing the ED article on Manzes, both as himself and "Manze", into the same form as one of his articles as well as advertising his blog. The long list of "alts" is made up of people he has encountered in the comment sections of Star Citizen articles.

He must not be a very active critic considering I don't think I ever saw anything he wrote quoted and I've been reading these threads going on 2 years. I don't get the Shitizen obsession with him.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Mirificus posted:

I find this poo poo fascinating. At the same time that I have a couple of acquantances perpetually yakking about how the entire elected governments of every nation on the planet, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Child Protective Services in every state, and all members of the media and and popular entertainment are in on a single massive conspiracy to abduct, rape, and eat children for satanic ritual purposes, this guy sees the exact opposite. To him, every dissenting voice he encounters is perpetrated by a single individual.

Mental illness is a curious thing.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The Stimpire isn't even really that bad guys

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TrustmeImLegit posted:

a moment of silence for all the other dumb poo poo that money could have bought

FFS, I could get that 5Tb drive I want.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

cool new Polack jokes posted:

The civil meat is quite good.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Mirificus posted:

Manzes was this project's original derek smart, I remember christ robber crying about that dude way before he started crying about derek. If Deed Smalls wouldn't have stepped his game up when he did the Tarkashoes out there would be doing the same exact routine but with manzes as their supervillain.

This sadbrains list of alts is p funny though, I hope he keeps doing what he's doing.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

I'm not reading this, but no matter what it says, Star Citizen is poo poo and is not coming out as promised.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Yeah, it's cool unless you were born on July 14th.

I wish someone like Sir Ben Kinglsey would do an audiobook of Stimperial lore.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Just the default naked should be plenty I bet. Boob slider to MAXIMUM BOOBS.

You know, they don't need suits. I can just store them in my RSI RapeCrate (when Item 3.2.5.7.8.1.2.3.prepreprepreprepreAlpha comes out).

And just wait until the Samizdata Maximum Mammalian Mod comes out. And you guys thought BEN had his own gravity well...

(Jesus, this thread brings out evil in me I didn't even know I had.)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:laffo:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Wise Learned Man posted:

I find this poo poo fascinating. At the same time that I have a couple of acquantances perpetually yakking about how the entire elected governments of every nation on the planet, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Child Protective Services in every state, and all members of the media and and popular entertainment are in on a single massive conspiracy to abduct, rape, and eat children for satanic ritual purposes, this guy sees the exact opposite. To him, every dissenting voice he encounters is perpetrated by a single individual.

Mental illness is a curious thing.

I never thought about it that way - this is a good observation.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Did Stupid_question_bot actually admit to being unstable? :D LOL.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
They're all so mad lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Life of Black Tiger proves the cert process isn't what it used to be.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Well, I guess it's good that he's facing his inner demons, now all he's got to work on is his habit of headbutting himself in the balls everytime he says anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

I think I understand now. Derek's LOD development work has to be stopped, or Star Citizen could turn out to be bad.