Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

lmao donate it to a charity guild tabs are worthless

We need more tabs for bricked poo poo.

:rip: Pain Curtain :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
We're maxed out on guild tabs and slots IIRC

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Speaking of guild membership I could PayPal someone 20 bux or w/e to get more slots or stash tabs or something.

All that poo poo was maxed out from member donations like the first couple days after guilds existed. Thanks for the thought though.

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

As an extremely new player I gotta say the guild stash is a godsend, if only for skill gems and leveling gear. Wanderlust boots are a big deal to a completely fresh account. I realize this doesn't apply to most of you anymore but know at least some of it it goes to good use.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
It applies to all of us

We all benefit

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Marketed Gum posted:

As an extremely new player I gotta say the guild stash is a godsend, if only for skill gems and leveling gear. Wanderlust boots are a big deal to a completely fresh account. I realize this doesn't apply to most of you anymore but know at least some of it it goes to good use.

Even for vets it's nice because although there's tons of cheap leveling uniques for sale, good luck getting someone to stop what they're doing for one Alteration, to sell it to you

D&D communism for all

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Devor posted:

Even for vets it's nice because although there's tons of cheap leveling uniques for sale, good luck getting someone to stop what they're doing for one Alteration, to sell it to you

D&D communism for all

Whenever I need a unique that ends up that cheap, I'll scroll down to the alch listings just to have a higher chance of them stopping and selling to me :)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Maddot_66 posted:

Can I get a re-invite to guild? In game name is Dreamblitz_maiden

regulargonzalez posted:

Woops, got kicked from guild. Can I get a reinvite please, rgz_Toxoplasmosis

MannersPlease posted:

What the heck, I need re-invite to guild if spaces open up. Throw an invite to RaiderStillSucks if you get a chance.

done

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Did a little testing since I plan on making this my league starter; for anyone interested, this is the area coverage of EK nova with +10 projectiles:

The projectiles reach all the way to the top/bottom of the screen, and this is with a low level, 0% quality gem. 20/20 gem will go out even further.

edit: NINJA STARS

panda clue fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 25, 2017

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Assassin? Pathfinder? Something completely different? EK has always been decent so I can see it being a really solid league starter assuming that gem isn't too hard to grab. Has a side bonus of being able to drop in Blade Vortex for bosses if it doesn't get changed.

J
Jun 10, 2001

General tso's chicken is starting with an EK nova build, guess you're a bandwagoner :grin:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Cinara posted:

Assassin? Pathfinder? Something completely different? EK has always been decent so I can see it being a really solid league starter assuming that gem isn't too hard to grab. Has a side bonus of being able to drop in Blade Vortex for bosses if it doesn't get changed.

Pathfinder, primarily for the free poison link, but also for all the other broken bullshit it provides since all the most broken unique flasks benefit the build 100% (Taste of Hate, Sin's Rebrith, Vinktar, etc).

J posted:

General tso's chicken is starting with an EK nova build, guess you're a bandwagoner :grin:

I was heavily leaning on Vaal Spark for ultimate 'get rich quick' cheese, but I honestly find the build incredibly unfun. This should have very good clear speed while still being an A++ boss killer. He did do most of the theorycrafting for me already, though!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FBQmJNFR8zeRW9Tl0lm6C7E_QR5rxYhEPqVPiFNcQDk/edit#gid=0

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I wonder if the league stones and relics will drop in lab zones.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

funmanguy posted:

I did, its good fun.

when i played CI chaos cwc-firestorm, it felt like a ton of my clearspeed came from occultist explosion-when-cursed than from the firestorms themselves

but yeah, the build was fun, it was pretty drat tanky as CI and with flasks up, didnt clear anywhere was fast as my howa though

panda clue
May 23, 2014

funmanguy posted:

I wonder if the league stones and relics will drop in lab zones.

Relics obviously won't. League stones probably will since they can drop in twilight strand normal.

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
I plan to play my own very special snowflake EK nova build. Lol. Not sure if as a league starter, or maybe my 2nd build. Waiting for the final patch notes and tree to decide.

J
Jun 10, 2001

panda clue posted:

Pathfinder, primarily for the free poison link, but also for all the other broken bullshit it provides since all the most broken unique flasks benefit the build 100% (Taste of Hate, Sin's Rebrith, Vinktar, etc).

I was heavily leaning on Vaal Spark for ultimate 'get rich quick' cheese, but I honestly find the build incredibly unfun. This should have very good clear speed while still being an A++ boss killer. He did do most of the theorycrafting for me already, though!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FBQmJNFR8zeRW9Tl0lm6C7E_QR5rxYhEPqVPiFNcQDk/edit#gid=0

In all seriousness though that build looks great. My only concern personally with it is the initial levelling and gearing up phase. I hosed around with an EK pathfinder several leagues ago and the single target damage was absolutely miserable, but I was almost certainly doing a lot of things wrong. Being able to start from scratch with a build like that, that has a lot of long term development potential would be pretty cool. Sticking to one character and investing back into it is a great way to make lots of currency, especially on a build like this that has so many pricey but powerful upgrades.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

J posted:

In all seriousness though that build looks great. My only concern personally with it is the initial levelling and gearing up phase. I hosed around with an EK pathfinder several leagues ago and the single target damage was absolutely miserable, but I was almost certainly doing a lot of things wrong. Being able to start from scratch with a build like that, that has a lot of long term development potential would be pretty cool. Sticking to one character and investing back into it is a great way to make lots of currency, especially on a build like this that has so many pricey but powerful upgrades.

It's a GTC build it's not meant to be good at killing single target bosses.

He just wants to run through linear maps really fast until he gets to lvl 100.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

J posted:

Damage should be enough to zoom through merc dried lake with a tabula. A few unique flasks will push it into red maps. After that, you can scale it pretty much into the moon with other upgrades.

I don't think I'll be using it to level, but I have no idea what I'll do for that. I rarely plan that out and just go with whatever I feel like in the moment.

Ultima66 posted:

It's a GTC build it's not meant to be good at killing single target bosses.

He just wants to run through linear maps really fast until he gets to lvl 100.

It will still most likely evaporate any boss not immune to poison once you get it properly geared, up to and including Shaper. One of the reasons I loving hate Vaal Spark is it is pretty garbage on anything that isn't Strand trash/dried lake.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 25, 2017

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I see my EK nova build was not as original as I thought it is, hopefully the jewel doesn't get Primordial Might levels of stupid

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

I see my EK nova build was not as original as I thought it is, hopefully the jewel doesn't get Primordial Might levels of stupid

It probably won't. GGG has said that the new jewels will be pretty common and will literally be vendor items in 3.0 unless people in beta bitch about it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I am still tempted to try a Ngahamu's build as my league starter, the axe might be expensive at first but the build is so drat strong. Pathfinder is better for sure, but the Raider version would be pretty cheap, and tons of people will be doing Breach so the neck will expensive but not impossible.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

dis astranagant posted:

It probably won't. GGG has said that the new jewels will be pretty common and will literally be vendor items in 3.0 unless people in beta bitch about it.

noice

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

when are the next seasons starting

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Friday

panda clue
May 23, 2014
are we there yet

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I meant reliquary key.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

panda clue posted:

It will still most likely evaporate any boss not immune to poison once you get it properly geared, up to and including Shaper. One of the reasons I loving hate Vaal Spark is it is pretty garbage on anything that isn't Strand trash/dried lake.

You'll probably have to swap with Bladefall for single target.

Which at least is possible because with the Vaal Spark builds there's not really a great single target swap skill. Ball Lightning is just okay, all the other easy swaps are also pretty weak.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
This is incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqGvN5zTBTw

I consider myself an expert on the game at this point, and this is something I had no loving idea was a thing. Even loving MATHIL apparently had no idea this was a thing.

ggg why

I highly recommend anyone planning on using any threshold jewels (or skills that have/are getting threshold jewels) check this out.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
loving Path of Building is way too addictive... I think I may have a problem already and we don't even have the new skill tree!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

10bux posted:

loving Path of Building is way too addictive... I think I may have a problem already and we don't even have the new skill tree!

Since I've decided to stop playing until Legacy I've replaced actually playing this game with doing 50 gazillion builds in PoB.

panda clue posted:

This is incredible:

I consider myself an expert on the game at this point, and this is something I had no loving idea was a thing. Even loving MATHIL apparently had no idea this was a thing.

ggg why

I highly recommend anyone planning on using any threshold jewels (or skills that have/are getting threshold jewels) check this out.

Um....daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. That's some pretty broken poo poo.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yeah his overall point there is so true. The game could really stand to be less obtuse, especially with the descriptions and tags seeming like they're clear. It would take a decent chunk of effort to make sure everything was accurate and stayed that way going forward, but it would be extremely helpful with newer players (especially).

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any chance I can get back in guild? SSSisyphean

J
Jun 10, 2001

panda clue posted:

This is incredible:

ggg why

Goddamn. I've never heard this discussed anywhere before.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

whypick1 posted:

We're maxed out on guild tabs and slots IIRC

Only capped on slots, afaik there's not a cap on stash tabs but why do we need more ?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Need more places to draw penises in this game, duh.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

panda clue posted:

This is incredible:

ggg why

They have simply added soooo many different things over the past couple years they've definitely let a few tags/tooltips slip, and it would be a great idea to have a review and rework. That being said, I too consider myself an expert and would never even pretend like I know everything, or even a considerable chunk of the mechanics. It's probably what I like most about this game. Been playing for four years and I still ask just as many questions as I do answer those from other people. However, players are reliant on the tags now more than ever before since they have added so much new poo poo. So i agree, hidden tags are not beneficial too anyone. Plus, I realize a vast knowledge of mechanics and being able to loving read and relate tags are two totally different things.

I should probably say I know you weren't asserting that you know everything. I just don't think it's quite as black and white as Tarke made it sound in the video. I guess I just would have preferred Tarke to give a few more examples of the many inconsistencies with tags and tooltips instead of the Mathil analogy to get his point across. But, he would have of course had to sacrifice his opportunity to exert his EA dominance over Mathil.

But like I said, a valid point it is. The game doesn't need to be any more esoteric for new players then it already is. Although, I really don't think an overhaul would, or should, change a new players approach to choosing supports/links. The approach I recommend is trying them all and see which fits your play style and enjoyment the best! Tooltip dps ain't everything!

Bottom line is, I don't think anyone would disagree that they need to be reviewed and probably reworked.

10bux fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 25, 2017

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Oh yea, I certainly don't know everything, but I at least like to think I know how all the core mechanics and overarching interactions work within the game. This video proves otherwise :negative:.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

panda clue posted:

This is incredible:

ggg why

I could listen to Tarke say glacial on loop for a month

so posh :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

panda clue posted:

Oh yea, I certainly don't know everything, but I at least like to think I know how all the core mechanics and overarching interactions work within the game. This video proves otherwise :negative:.

Certain things just have hidden things because they can't dynamically change gems. Like Herald of Thunders invisible added lightning damage. So the quality bonus on that works globally but Tempest Shield's doesn't because it doesn't have that hidden bonus. (GGG said it'd be too confusing or whatever to show the hidden tag on Herald of Thunder)

• Locked thread