Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've been setting vocal versions to just characters' final attacks. They are distracting if I am hearing them constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Outside of GGG, Might Gaine is the yuusha show I've watched the most. The easiest comparison is that it's like the earlier motw episodes of GGG, but without any of the foreshadowing. To paraphrase Moon Dweller, it's a very orthodox show.

When I was watching it, it was one of the only super robot shows that was being regularly translated. It's hard to recommend it now that there are other options.

"Let's Go Mightgaine" is about as good a combination song as you're going to find, though.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 25, 2017

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'd like to take a moment to thank Moon Dweller for reintroducing "orthodox" into my vocabulary.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I think someone said "orthodox" about one of the robots in V in an early stage, but can't remember who and which one...

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Vangray is pretty orthodox if you're Kyosuke Nanbu!

Rekka is also setting off my ACP Phi senses but that might just be because it's an orthodox "charge" maneuver.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've been setting vocal versions to just characters' final attacks. They are distracting if I am hearing them constantly.

This is a good idea I'm going to steal.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I just met up with Might Gaine and to be honest... I am having a way better time playing through V than I did with Moon Dwellers, and I even tend to like the OG stuff more than the licensed games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm still early on but V is really putting its full rear end into doing interesting crossover stuff and I really appreciate that. It's not bogged down (as of yet) in Original Plot and instead is going all kinds of fun crossover bits and unexpected twists which really help sell what would otherwise be a somewhat weak series lineup.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Yeah, I wasn't sure how much I'd like this game since I haven't played non-OG since SRW L... and it's pretty sweet.

Also the Mazinger 0 is stupid as gently caress, blowing up 24k hp battleships in one hit without valor.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
If you want to watch Might Gaine after V, I'll note that it's only halfway properly subbed - the rest are crabsticks.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe
So what's the easiest way for me to get the English version of this quickly? Everywhere seems sold out.

Alternatively, I'm in Tokyo right now - anywhere I could buy the English version here?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

unpurposed posted:

So what's the easiest way for me to get the English version of this quickly? Everywhere seems sold out.

Alternatively, I'm in Tokyo right now - anywhere I could buy the English version here?

Easiest and quickly would be purchasing digitally using PSN cards, unless you're tied to physical.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

unpurposed posted:

That's very unlikely, I think. Fastest way would be, almost certainly, to download it from the SEA PSN.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe
Any recommended place to buy the appropriate cards? I've never done something like this before.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The funniest thing is I got my copy of SD Gundam GGeneration Genesis I'd preordered at the same I got Super Robot Wars V.

SDGGG came out November 23.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

The funniest thing is I got my copy of SD Gundam GGeneration Genesis I'd preordered at the same I got Super Robot Wars V.

SDGGG came out November 23.
internationalshipping.txt

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

unpurposed posted:

Any recommended place to buy the appropriate cards? I've never done something like this before.

Play-Asia is probably your best bet. Keep in mind that they only have a card for 50 SGD right now, and SRWV costs 89.99 SGD on there.

They did have 15 SGD cards, but they seem to be out of stock

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
In Akihabara there are some shops that sell import games but usually from North America I think? For example college football games that a few people in Japan like but they would never bother localizing. I've had no use for that myself so I haven't looked carefully, I just was happy to see that importing games went both ways.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 25, 2017

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I've used Offgamers for Singapore PSN cards since there a few bucks cheaper than Play-Asia.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I don't understand how to use most of these Cross Anges. Vivian is a forward with a blind spot in her weird-rear end weapon and no defenses other than spamming Sense getting babysat by Elsha, and none of the gunners have Hit&Away. The only ones that are working for me are the ones that have Focus.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

I don't understand how to use most of these Cross Anges. Vivian is a forward with a blind spot in her weird-rear end weapon and no defenses other than spamming Sense getting babysat by Elsha, and none of the gunners have Hit&Away. The only ones that are working for me are the ones that have Focus.

I benched every single one but Ange. They just seem too limited in use and honestly probably should have been converted into one unit the way the Aestie Custom or Tri-Stars are.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MechaX posted:

I just met up with Might Gaine and to be honest... I am having a way better time playing through V than I did with Moon Dwellers, and I even tend to like the OG stuff more than the licensed games.

See, I'm kind of the opposite. I think it's just because I've got a much better handle on MD's mechanics than I do on this one's. I'm scared to death of buying programs or doing any sort of R&D stuff because points aren't anywhere near as easy to come across as the special skill blocks MD had, which were plenty easy. Buy three, slap on whoever, go. And if you hosed up, you could just swap them around and be no worse for the wear.

Programs feel very expensive and restrictive in comparison, even though they offer some super benefits.

Edit: Plus, there's very very few OG characters I outright dislike, but man, this Yamato focus is killing me here. Even if the unit itself is a super badass killdozer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

See, I'm kind of the opposite. I think it's just because I've got a much better handle on MD's mechanics than I do on this one's. I'm scared to death of buying programs or doing any sort of R&D stuff because points aren't anywhere near as easy to come across as the special skill blocks MD had, which were plenty easy. Buy three, slap on whoever, go. And if you hosed up, you could just swap them around and be no worse for the wear.

Programs feel very expensive and restrictive in comparison, even though they offer some super benefits.

Edit: Plus, there's very very few OG characters I outright dislike, but man, this Yamato focus is killing me here. Even if the unit itself is a super badass killdozer.

Points become absurdly common very quickly. I had my TAC maxed out by stage 15 or so.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Just save all your points to buy the second upgrade in the Factory as soon as possible. That in addition to Might Gaine's skill that gives 50 every battle, the main character randomly giving you 50 or 100 points, and sub orders giving you 100 every stage give you way more than you need.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 25, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well that's certainly a worry off my chest. TAC Point Bonus seems like it'd throw me more points than I could need. Any particular preference between the other TAC Customize skills?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
it seems like the end-game enemy everyone is punching in attack videos is some white AI-controlled Para-Mail that I literally don't remember being in Cross Ange

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Has anyone compiled or is compiling a list of all the stages with mislabeled SR Point requirements?

I've gotten the first 12 SR Points already so I figure I might as well go all the way, but I don't want to get screwed and miss one.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 25, 2017

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Caphi posted:

You get one a quite a bit later in the story that's pretty useful; she has commander and by default her two strongest weapons have size ignore and barrier pen; the CPU for some reason loves to target her, so she burned energy real fast.

I ditched all the non-Ange ones you get early.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Well that's certainly a worry off my chest. TAC Point Bonus seems like it'd throw me more points than I could need. Any particular preference between the other TAC Customize skills?
Grade 1: Everyone seems to like HP/EN Regen. SP Regen is probably 2nd place. Nobody's gonna pick Morale.

Grade 3: They all seem good. I like the Morale one as a personal preference. The Critical one probably needs you to abuse that one ExC command which gurantees a critical hit.

I'm sure there's a lot of people who would pick Move + 1 too considering how many people loved buying Dash in Z3 for some reason but meh.

Grade 4: More SP is my basic choice. If you took Critical for Grade 3, you might want to go for ExC

I think Excessive Force is mistranslated - I'm fairly certain it's +10 Morale on sortie. +10 when attacking would be stupidly broken, but then again this is SRW. Anyways, unless there's a Basara counterpart in this game to make Morale management pointless, this might be worth it if you field a lot of units who want to hit high Morales quickly.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Davzz posted:

Grade 1: Everyone seems to like HP/EN Regen. SP Regen is probably 2nd place. Nobody's gonna pick Morale.

Grade 3: They all seem good. I like the Morale one as a personal preference. The Critical one probably needs you to abuse that one ExC command which gurantees a critical hit.

I'm sure there's a lot of people who would pick Move + 1 too considering how many people loved buying Dash in Z3 for some reason but meh.

Grade 4: More SP is my basic choice. If you took Critical for Grade 3, you might want to go for ExC

I think Excessive Force is mistranslated - I'm fairly certain it's +10 Morale on sortie. +10 when attacking would be stupidly broken, but then again this is SRW. Anyways, unless there's a Basara counterpart in this game to make Morale management pointless, this might be worth it if you field a lot of units who want to hit high Morales quickly.

It is, it's +10 morale on sortie only. Felt it was really strong compared to the others as worded, so figured it was a mistranslation but decided to give it a go anyways.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, Critical is the big one to go for. Remember that you can now get a critical that stacks with Valor/Souls so that is just Bigger Damages which nothing else can really replace.

It is mistranslated, it's +10 morale on launch but honestly that's kinda the most useful one to me. Being able to bust out finishes and super modes quicker is nice for pushing SR points if you're going no upgrade.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
You know, watching some clips of this game makes me just wish they could've had Harlock and the Arcadia in this game too because I think that would be fun with Yamato.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ZuljinRaynor posted:

You know, watching some clips of this game makes me just wish they could've had Harlock and the Arcadia in this game too because I think that would be fun with Yamato.
Maybe in V2? If it ever happens. They have to make the first game in new series without knowing if they will be able to continue or not, sales-wise.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wish Chamber was there to hang out with Al, Might Gaine and Nine.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

I wish Chamber was there to hang out with Al, Might Gaine and Nine.
Gargantia's Earth would have made an interesting contrast to Yamato's Earth too. I never played Z3 but I'd imagine a decent amount of V would have had to be rewritten to incorporate it though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, Gargantia actually would have been a much better fit for this game and its alt-earth AI-themed plot than it was Z3.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
The whole Dimensions setup in V means it'd be really easy to do a sequel if they wanted to

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Finished the first playthrough, was pretty hectic at the end but carried by the sheer power of super robots.

Not sure how i would handle no-upgrade at the end, but I'm not particularly interested in (or good at) figuring that stuff out.

DLC map completions carry over from each new session, so you can just go back and collect the rewards. You can still play them again if you want as well.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
List of "Holy poo poo" discoveries I've made so far:
- Gravity Wave Beam no longer has a maximum distance.
- Fortune/Bless lasts until you kill an enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I gotta say I thought I knew about how this was gonna go, with them being thrown back in time into the ten years blank or whatever, but the actual way it's going is completely bizarre and unexpected. Though it uses dimension weirdness it seems nothing like Z's.

It also reuses less of Z's animations than it looked initially, but does reuse more of its music than I hoped for story scenes. Except for the stupid saxophone music.

edit:

Broken Loose posted:

- Fortune/Bless lasts until you kill an enemy.
Holy poo poo.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Feb 25, 2017

• Locked thread