Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Liquor stores often have an excesd of sturdy boxes that they are happy to get rid of. #movinghax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Life hack: actual large sturdy stackable moving crates cost about 20 cents a piece to rent for a day and will make everyone involved in the move a lot happier if you use them instead of random cardboard boxes :prepop:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Actual life hack: Don’t want to bother with rentals? Get cardboard boxes for cheap or free. Placate your moving buddies with booze.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I personally forge my own boxes out of sheets of bread tags melted together with a lighter.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

zedprime posted:

I personally forge my own boxes out of sheets of bread tags melted together with a lighter.

Hmm what have you hot-glued the lighter to?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hmm what have you hot-glued the lighter to?

Moving crates.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Platystemon posted:

All milk cartons are impregnated with plastic. You shouldn’t be burning them anyway.

Life hacks: Burn everything. There's nothing of value in this world.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bar Crow posted:

Life hacks: Burn everything. There's nothing of value in this world.

Printing out your posts as we speak.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
lol if your posts aren’t archived by the Library of Congress

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Platystemon posted:

lol if your posts aren’t archived by the Library of Congress

I doubt they have a fireplace.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brdmnUBAS00

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

HappyKitty posted:

Found on Facebook:

:eyepop:

My wife was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia about 3 months ago.

I would like to find the woman who wrote this book, and choke her to death with my bare loving hands for writing so flippantly about something so incredibly serious.

gently caress her and her whole family twig.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's completely unnecessary garbage (I mean garbage in the literal sense) and I would have to get the plastic bit out to be able to burn the empty carton. It's a costly solution to a problem that never existed.

Wait, you actually remove the plastic bits? What the gently caress for, they'll burn just fine with the rest if you leave them in.

Also, it's way easier to drink milk straight from the carton if it has a bottle cap

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Bottle caps on milk cartons is the greatest improvement in milk storage technology since we stopped using glass bottles.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Just chug that milk you twiggy fucks. Crack em and chug em no storage problems #stronghax

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
After all why sipp when you can SUCC

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive

Zipperelli. posted:

My wife was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia about 3 months ago.

I would like to find the woman who wrote this book, and choke her to death with my bare loving hands for writing so flippantly about something so incredibly serious.

gently caress her and her whole family twig.

Snake oil is everywhere with cancer issues, unfortunately :( I'm sorry to hear about your wife.

My boyfriend has chronic myeloid leukemia. Our saving grace has been a test study. We're on medicine #4 or so.

#fauxhacks we've been told: it's cause he eats meat. If he went vegan it'd be "cured". Or going raw.

Acupuncture would cure it! Or chiropractors. :sigh:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Rare seriouspost. Cancer is poo poo and it depresses me how much we as a species spend on eg football compared to finding/treating/curing it.

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue

Platystemon posted:

All milk cartons are impregnated with plastic. You shouldn’t be burning them anyway.

Theyre also full of milk, which doesnt burn near as well as you'd think

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ruflux posted:

Also, it's way easier to drink milk straight from the carton if it has a bottle cap

No it isn't it's way harder :confused:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Jerry Cotton posted:

Please explain your milk drinking process in depth so we can all judge how it is way harder

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Please explain your milk drinking process in depth so we can all judge how it is way harder

The bottle cap is on the side of the slanted roof it's a weird angle no matter how you hold it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Am I being trolled by a barbarian who drinks milk straight out of the carton?

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Valio milk carton caps are actually made of bioplastic made from ethanol, from Brazil. Which might not be much better.
The carton is also coated in thin PE-film to make it actually hold liquids. This can be oil-based depending on availability of Brazilian slave labor ethanol.

Both of these plastics are fine to burn.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sormus posted:

Valio milk carton caps are actually made of bioplastic made from ethanol, from Brazil. Which might not be much better.
The carton is also coated in thin PE-film to make it actually hold liquids. This can be oil-based depending on availability of Brazilian slave labor ethanol.

Well gently caress. Why was there a huge "don't burn these" campaign in the media?

mustard_tiger
Nov 8, 2010
Throw in some old batteries and used motor oil with your milk cartons to save on recycling fees #lifehax

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well gently caress. Why was there a huge "don't burn these" campaign in the media?

Soot and chimneys iirc.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mustard_tiger posted:

Throw in some old batteries and used motor oil with your milk cartons to save on recycling fees #lifehax

We had a battery recycling bin at work and since no-one had any idea where to send it when it got full, someone just ordered another one. We also have 10 years worth of empty recyclable printer toner cartridges.

Sormus posted:

Soot and chimneys iirc.

Ah well yeah but you only need like one to get the fire going and according to my chimney-sweep my chimneys are in great condition (for a house built in 1914). I guess if I wanted to do it right I'd whittle some kindling from the firewood but :effort:

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Sormus posted:

I have been validated

Jerry Cotton posted:

How's it way harder? A bottle cap is basically spill-proof, but a regular carton is (by experience) very likely to just spill the milk on your shirt while you attempt to drink it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ruflux posted:

How's it way harder? A bottle cap is basically spill-proof, but a regular carton is (by experience) very likely to just spill the milk on your shirt while you attempt to drink it.

I'm sorry you don't have a lower lip?

e: Also :lol: at wearing a shirt while drinking from the carton.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Well I mean, I usually drink straight from the carton only when I'm shitfaced drunk so that might actually be a bigger contributor

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

it's much easier to pour the kossu in the milk carton with the spout system once you've emptied the milk carton.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Wow, look at Mr. Rich Guy here with his Kossu and everything

What, 18 cans of the cheapest store brand lager from the supermarket not good enough for you or something??

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

organburner posted:

it's much easier to pour the kossu in the milk carton with the spout system once you've emptied the milk carton.

Yeah but Ruisrock is months away.

e: Actually :laffo:d in IRL life at the thought of the gate guards finding an "unopened" milk carton in your bag in Ruisrock.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

kossu is more efficient than beer though.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

That's why you buy a bunch of cheap beer to get drunk enough and save money.

Alternatively just cook your own booze but you'd also need someone dumb enough to taste it first to make sure it doesn't make you go blind or something

Actually, yeah. Lifehack: never test your homecooked booze yourself, always have a guy you don't really like do it for you. Might even save you from blindness!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Guy named reflux can't cook booze smdh

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

After all why sipp when you can SUCC

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

Guy named reflux can't cook booze smdh

Excuse me it's an ancient booze cooking tip I learned from my dad and he's not gone blind yet so obviously it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ruflux posted:

That's why you buy a bunch of cheap beer to get drunk enough and save money.

There's no amount of beer that will get me as drunk as a bottle of booze because I'm old and fat and Finnish and I burn through alcohol like a funny car. Also, cheap beer doesn't exist here so :shrug:.

I guess the real life hack is to not be me.