Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf posted:

It wasn't as bad as the time Zoom trapped Barry in a glass cupboard and he couldn't work out how to escape until Zoom phased through it to beat him up.

Unfortunately Earth 2 glass vibrates at a different frequency meaning Barry needed someone to show up and tell him to run faster.

Burning_Monk posted:

To be fair, this time, no one told Barry to run faster. So, of course, he couldn't do it.

Checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chokes McGee posted:

Barry also doesn't have the pinpoint control Cisco does.

Yeah, Barry has to run fast and try and get the right exit. And we've seen his accuracy on that is pretty sketchy. Any time Barry's ran through time or space on his own he's often missed his target and landed in Supergirl's world or the future by accident.

Cisco seems to have mastered the ability to just aim for a destination and hit it.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, Barry has to run fast and try and get the right exit. And we've seen his accuracy on that is pretty sketchy. Any time Barry's ran through time or space on his own he's often missed his target and landed in Supergirl's world or the future by accident.

Cisco seems to have mastered the ability to just aim for a destination and hit it.

Plus, Barry attracts time wraiths, 'cause he's Barry.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

How did Barry speed carry Wells, Caitlyn, Cysco, and Malfoy out of Gorilla City? Does superspeed allow that?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

roffels posted:

How did Barry speed carry Wells, Caitlyn, Cysco, and Malfoy out of Gorilla City? Does superspeed allow that?

https://i.imgur.com/F7bttaW.mp4

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
dammit, beaten :mad:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maybe he just ran really fast four times.

Or they just got dragged along in his backdraft.

Or maybe he built one of those cute little Reverse Flash balls super fast and then deconstructed it super fast.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
He made three time remnants offscreen.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
They all held hands and he just daisy trailed them behind him.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

roffels posted:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I liked that Harry confirmed that Indiana Jones is a multiversal constant.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Well, all except the universes where the films were wiped out by blight.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Man, that episode was just full of completely :psyduck: nonsensical writing. I mean, you guys covered most of them already so I won't rehash those, but..."oh, Barry is dead. I'm going to just drag him out of the cage and place him just outside the cage door for no loving reason and leave".... Was that actually the plan? They somehow knew that Grodd would do that in response to Barry being "dead"?

Or how about Grodd's plan to turn the gorillas against the humans. "hey guys, you all just saw this human singlehandedly take out the biggest, baddest gorilla in this place in hand to hand combat. don't you guys agree it would be a good idea to go attack the human planet, in which there are billions more humans like this one that just wrecked our leader's poo poo?"

I mean, there is literally no reason for the gorillas' response for what they just saw to be anything other than "oh poo poo, we better not provoke the humans, they would clearly kick our asses if we went to war". Sure, Barry is unique for a human, but considering that is pretty much their first exposure to a human, they would have to believe that the rest of the humans are just as strong as him and he just wrecked their leader that all of them are afraid of.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Well, all except the universes where the films were wiped out by blight.

And the universes where the Legends hosed up and caused George Lucas to quit film school.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Except in his Earth, Tom Selleck wasn't too busy for the role.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Solovar being voiced by Keith David is fantastic

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Solovar being voiced by Keith David is fantastic

It was, for all three of his lines.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Grodd love Caitlin. Grodd no read Caitlin's mind. :shrug:
Should have been able to read Barry's and know he wasn't dead though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tiggum posted:

Should have been able to read Barry's and know he wasn't dead though.

Why would he try to read his mind? He's dead! :downs:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
You all have watched the last three seasons of the show right? You've all seen Barry Allen's "thought process" when it comes to solving problems. The only sound that's in Barry's mind is a dial tone :v:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

nine-gear crow posted:

You all have watched the last three seasons of the show right? You've all seen Barry Allen's "thought process" when it comes to solving problems. The only sound that's in Barry's mind is a dial tone :v:

It's that little burst of static at the end of a 56k modem booting.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

spookygonk posted:

It's that little burst of static at the end of a 56k modem booting.

He's turned ZModem on, that's why he's so fast!!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

nine-gear crow posted:

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

nine-gear crow posted:

Ha, this makes me picture one of those scenes where the person studies the problem, we see equations flying across the screen to show them puzzling it out, then Barry concluding with "Maybe I should try running fast."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So, what do we think is going to have the crazier, more unrealistic thing happen during its air time tomorrow: Flash vs. a psychic gorilla army, or Trump's speech to Congress? :v:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

nine-gear crow posted:

So, what do we think is going to have the crazier, more unrealistic thing happen during its air time tomorrow: Flash vs. a psychic gorilla army, or Trump's speech to Congress? :v:

Trump saw the last episode, thought it was real and his speech is about how he wants to build a wall to keep out psychic gorillas.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

trick question it's the same thing

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

My CW feed is hosed up. :saddowns:

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

nooneofconsequence posted:

My CW feed is hosed up. :saddowns:

I think it may be a universal thing, mine's stuttering and staticy as well...

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Harry ain't putting up with H.R.'s poo poo apparently.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Harry and HR, just make that the episode.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

howe_sam posted:

Harry and HR, just make that the episode.
I would 100% watch a whole episode of every version of Wells together in the same room.

Edit: Also Harry is totally jealous that everyone likes HR.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Kneel. Before. Grodd.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Barry is unleashing his full blood lust now. None will be safe across the multiverse.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Joe's totally resigned "fine" to the crazy science about to happen to him was great.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Barry no how could you kill someone. :ohdear:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Aaaahahahahaha.

Jessie doesn't waste ANY time on this.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Hahahaha holy poo poo Harry SERIOUSLY.

Not even Wellsobard would be so manipulative... well on second thought.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Isn't this the same SAM launcher vehicle from Arrow?

It sure as gently caress isn't a nuclear weapon launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

They really need to stop using nukes as a plot device.

On the other hand, Gorilla Army!

• Locked thread