Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

quote:

“I’m absolutely astounded by this bill… it’s just rapacious,” says Suetholz. “This affects low-wage workers who live paycheck to paycheck. This goes straight to the heart of the most vulnerable people in our society, and it’s absolutely infuriating.”

What if red states owned themselves so hard by being in power that even the GOP base is like 'Hey, wait a minute now!!!' and solve this hum dinger of a problem of why their lives suck so loving much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

MadJackal posted:

verifiable facts and plain old numbers.

Facts? Yes... I remember something about there being facts!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Brother Friendship posted:

What if red states owned themselves so hard by being in power that even the GOP base is like 'Hey, wait a minute now!!!' and solve this hum dinger of a problem of why their lives suck so loving much.

Then they'll just do what Kansans did and vote for different Republicans who promise to be responsible but who are bought by the same people as the others and thus change nothing when they get into office

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Salt Fish posted:

Facts? Yes... I remember something about there being facts!

you remember wrong.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Republicans are masochists and their suffering will only encourage their base to be even more depraved.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/835325771858251776

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol we're all going to die

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
Just when I think Republicans can't get more villainous they surprise me lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Unfortunately they are trying to shame a man who has none, but I appreciate this nonetheless:
https://twitter.com/hotdoorknobs/status/835267827359612928

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Appalachians would sacrifice newborn infants to moloch if u told them it would bring the coal jobs back

They should do what gold prospectors did and integrate poorly into northern and central California and disappear into the history books forever along with their dead gay industry.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

shut up pissbitch

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

its legit good

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Donny celebrates Fridays with a key bump, let's get the night going!

Blatzmobile
Nov 1, 2012

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Would he have actually had to resign if he didn't say yes? I don't know much military stuff.

Shot at dawn for insubordination.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Former Everything posted:

Holy gently caress, Kentucky is going to gut employee rights completely

Employers will be able to prevent employees from taking a lunch break and withhold money from there paycheck without consent, among a shitload of other things

http://insiderlouisville.com/metro/...workers-rights/

gently caress if only there was some way they could have voted for this to not happen

oh well!

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

you who turn the wheel and look windward, consider Kansas, who once tea partied as hard as you

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

bitch is angry

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

GobiasIndustries posted:

Would he have actually had to resign if he didn't say yes? I don't know much military stuff.

"http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/20/politics/who-is-gen-hr-mcmaster-national-security-adviser/

McMaster, currently serving as the director of the Army's Capabilities Integration Center, is the first active-duty military officer to take the post since Gen. Colin Powell served in the role during the final years of the Reagan administration. As an active-duty service member, McMaster would likely have had difficulty turning down a job the commander in chief had asked him to fill."

i'm not really sure either. i assume worst case insane trump scenario is a court martial for insubordination

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

"A great danger to our country", yeah no way that will lead to anything bad, nope nope nope nope NOPE NOPE NOPE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Agrajag posted:

its legit good

I'm not complaining. I once drank a beer that was "vanilla creme" flavored.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Play this in AlTV in my honor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSEmycI7uro

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Salt Fish posted:

Republicans are masochists and their suffering will only encourage them to be even more depraved.

oh wow, you'd think I'd get along with them just great then

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

That DICK! posted:

At the airport

10 dollars

looks like u need to be drinking water instead

:smugdon:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Office Pig posted:

"A great danger to our country", yeah no way that will lead to anything bad, nope nope nope nope NOPE NOPE NOPE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

the night of the hot takes has begun

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Super low energy and boring tweet. Sad!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Hey when is that dilbert retard going to go rambo like he promised?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Trump going off the reservation on shomer shabbos.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mariana Horchata posted:

looks like u need to be drinking water instead

:smugdon:

:kiss:

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

shove a cactus up your urethra, don

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

When is he going to stop with the "failing NYT" thing? (Never, I know)

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

If I were smarter I'd write something that transforms all of the people/places/things he insults in his tweets with "Donald Trump" and they'd probably all be 100% accurate.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

That DICK! posted:

At the airport

10 dollars

ruble must be doing pretty bad if russian prosts only askin for 10 american dollars nowadays

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
lol is the thread he the lost numbers

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

grow the gently caress up you septuagenarian ferret-haired piss popsicle

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

quote:

However, SB 237 alters this section to say an employer is authorized to deduct wages if there is an “implied agreement” with the employee, which no longer has to be in writing. Additionally, the bill strikes the sections of the statute prohibiting deductions in the aforementioned circumstances, creating a new section of instances when an employer “may deduct, without authorization” from an employee’s wages. These include circumstances such as “intentional breakage” or “intentionally defective workmanship” attributed to an employee and cash shortages from a till “where evidence establishes a specific employee is at fault.”

:lol: Kentucky will let you just steal from your employees. This may as well be labor code from the 1800s.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

I'm not complaining. I once drank a beer that was "vanilla creme" flavored.

the not your father's stuff? i actually really like their beers, if that's the one. most of the other brands are nasty, tho. sweet baby jesus is amazing, chocolate peanut butter stout. which sounds gross af but it's actually pretty drat good.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

boethius posted:

When is he going to stop with the "failing NYT" thing? (Never, I know)

the donald has spent his entire life surrounded by people who are paid to tell him he's good at business, so 'u r bad at business' is his go-to insult when complaining about thinks he knows nothing about, like newspapers

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Leviathan posted:

ruble must be doing pretty bad if russian prosts only askin for 10 american dollars nowadays

Ruble's doin so well that $10 will buy you 5 liters of vodka

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

GobiasIndustries posted:

Unfortunately they are trying to shame a man who has none, but I appreciate this nonetheless:
https://twitter.com/hotdoorknobs/status/835267827359612928

lol i forgot about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

GobiasIndustries posted:

If I were smarter I'd write something that transforms all of the people/places/things he insults in his tweets with "Donald Trump" and they'd probably all be 100% accurate.

p sure nobody on the planet has the technology to do this reliably without human intervention

• Locked thread