Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

This may be the strangest tweet I've ever read

basically Former Mayor Kevin Johnson implemented a lot of new laws and procedures for new SAC residents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

EvanTH posted:

I mean, not quite. He said "I don't watch Shaqtin a Coon" but I don't believe he ever called him an Uncle Tom? I don't remember that and I'm not finding it in google searches.

Also he compared him to Bert Williams, a black man wearing blackface, not a white man in blackface
https://twitter.com/JaValeMcGee34/status/816434112420454400

Basically sounds to me like calling Shaq a money-motivated sell-out clown with no self-respect.

If we're busy getting offended about stuff I'm not entirely sure what Iguodala's tweet from 2014 (maybe about Richard Sherman yelling on TV?) was about?

https://twitter.com/andre/status/425099050027724801

What does Niggardomn even mean?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

EvanTH posted:

Basically sounds to me like calling Shaq a money-motivated sell-out clown with no self-respect.
Because he made fun of him for doing stupid poo poo on the court every week. This whole thing just stupid. And Steve Kerr acting like Shaq is an actual cop lol

However I would like to see Shaq try to chase down a suspect on foot.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

black people that aren't into wearable tech

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Hopefully the raps fall out of the playoffs. I still don't know if Casey will be replaced even then

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

straight up brolic posted:

MKBHD is a treasure

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don't disagree with a lot of what Javale is saying about Shaq but I also think he is being a baby about this Shaqtin' stuff and the Warriors getting involved is silly.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What does Niggardomn even mean?

not sure of the precise meaning but as far as I know the origin is a Katt Williams joke from 2006 (around 1 minute in, crowd laughs like they ain't heard it before)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2T3VGips6Q

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Pelicans are waiving Casspi and signing Reggie Williams.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/835295455303073801

I thought teams couldn't waive injured players?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Rick posted:

I don't disagree with a lot of what Javale is saying about Shaq but I also think he is being a baby about this Shaqtin' stuff and the Warriors getting involved is silly.
Yeah. I mean, the man has legitimately done some of the dumbest stuff ever seen on an NBA court.

Really he should be going after Kenny Smith for robbing him in the dunk contest.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Only in 2K. It happened to Chalmers last season.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
It already happened to a pelicans player this year when they waived Lance Stephenson.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

Yeah this. I won't say it's not dickish but to act like it's slanderous or character assassination is pretty loving pathetic IMO. Grow a thicker skin, Christ.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I think this is hilarious and awesome and proper on the part of all involved parties
More current and former NBA people should get involved with merciless beefs on twitter now that the team twitters can't
If we can't have the big balls dance at least I can watch shaq and javale hiss and scratch at each other on social media

More members of the Warriors should get involved. Has Barkley taken a side?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

You're thinking of the NFL

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
russ just had a 17 point 18 rebound 17 assist game but you want to hear a stat that will really blow your mind roberson outscored him with 19 points

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Metapod posted:

russ just had a 17 point 18 rebound 17 assist game but you want to hear a stat that will really blow your mind roberson outscored him with 19 points

Uhh you're forgetting Abrines evolving into Klay Thompson

Lugnut Seatcushion fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 25, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
that's not a stat that's a fun fact

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

quote:

The Golden State Warriors have reached out to Turner Sports to discuss Shaquille O'Neal's ongoing coverage of center JaVale McGee, league sources told ESPN.

Sources told ESPN that the Warriors contacted Turner officials to express concern about TNT's yearslong McGee coverage on the "Shaqtin' a Fool" segment on the popular "Inside The NBA" show, with the team contending that the ongoing negative portrayal of the veteran center is doing unnecessary damage to McGee's reputation.

A Turner source confirmed the discussions with the Warriors and told ESPN that "the matter has been discussed internally" after a Twitter feud erupted Thursday night between O'Neal and McGee.
Seriously?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Holy poo poo I'm getting so owned right now

in late, but lol at the ownage

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

TBeats posted:

I love this multi-millionaires playing and living the high school poo poo dream

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

Seriously?

the shookest franchise in the nba

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Terrence Jones says he wants to sign with the Celtics
http://nesn.com/2017/02/nba-rumors-terrence-jones-interested-in-joining-celtics-after-buyout/
When he should want to join the Pistons

dokmo posted:

It already happened to a pelicans player this year when they waived Lance Stephenson.

They just have to make an arrangement to pay for that player's medical bills, I think

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

RIP Alex Len who got dunked on by a 275 year-old wade

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Do boxers get stolen regularly in Sacramento? Is it the cool young hip thing to do now?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

straight up brolic posted:

This mild twitter beef between Javale and Shaq revealing that Andre Igoudala has made Javale Woke is the real story

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Wait I missed the Bulls game. Did March Mirotic show up a week early?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

RIP Alex Len who got dunked on by a 275 year-old wade

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD2_/status/835334262358491136

Dexo posted:

Wait I missed the Bulls game. Did March Mirotic show up a week early?

Niko seems good when he doesn't have pressure on him. Like his rookie year when a bunch of guys were hurt and he was the only healthy PF he looked great.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bobby Portis is coming for his minutes

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Pelicans are waiving Casspi and signing Reggie Williams.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/835295455303073801

Read this as Reggie Evans and now I'm just kinda disappointed.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I think this is hilarious and awesome and proper on the part of all involved parties
More current and former NBA people should get involved with merciless beefs on twitter now that the team twitters can't
If we can't have the big balls dance at least I can watch shaq and javale hiss and scratch at each other on social media

More members of the Warriors should get involved. Has Barkley taken a side?

200% agreedo

Dejan Bimble posted:

Terrence Jones says he wants to sign with the Celtics
http://nesn.com/2017/02/nba-rumors-terrence-jones-interested-in-joining-celtics-after-buyout/
When he should want to join the Pistons

Also agreed, it's a better fit because there's way more homeless people to stomp in Detroit

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Bobby Portis is coming for his minutes

Portis is trash. Bulls comeback happened when Fred figured this out and benched him down the stretch.

Although in fairness I guess you need to figure out if Portis can play. Same with Grant, Denzel, and Felicio.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Portis is trash. Bulls comeback happened when Fred figured this out and benched him down the stretch.

Although in fairness I guess you need to figure out if Portis can play. Same with Grant, Denzel, and Felicio.

Felicio I feel like we know can play.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

denzel started 5/5 from three

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Doug McDermott was keeping Denzel down.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
PJ Tucker played 28 minutes in he debut, got 10 pts and 10 rebounds, and looked like he would have killed a man for the basketball. I love this man. Ibaka was great in his debut as well. Both of them played as if they were on the team for the whole season already.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Crazy Ted posted:

Because he made fun of him for doing stupid poo poo on the court every week. This whole thing just stupid. And Steve Kerr acting like Shaq is an actual cop lol

However I would like to see Shaq try to chase down a suspect on foot.

Yea Javale is way off base with the coon insult. Especially with Chuck in the same drat studio.

Shaq is doing nothing worthy of that insult and its kind of being cheapened with how wrong McGee is using it

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Sad I missed the valiant Celtics , full of can't miss talent like Crowder, jaylen brown, and someone better than peak Allen iverson lose to a team coached by Dwayne Casey.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
For the first time ever I feel like all of the first ten roster spots on the Raptors are extremely solid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Dejan Bimble posted:

This mild twitter beef between Javale and Shaq revealing that Andre Igoudala has made Javale Woke is the real story

What? I'm pretty sure Iguodala is the least woke person in the NBA. (Non Spencer Hawes category).

• Locked thread