Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Duck and Cover posted:

Look they can't be worst than Blizzard right? Right?

Blizzard used to be the paragons of quality in the gaming industry :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

panda clue posted:

That's what piles and piles of that sweet, sweet MMO lucre will do to you.

... Also losing most of your talent, again because of said MMO.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

panda clue posted:

They were sort of. Blizzard has historically been good at taking a game style and polishing it. Rts, MMOORPG, Action RPG, moba, card game, fps. The issue is in modern times they've polished over anything that made that game type interesting. Heroes of the Storm, Diablo 3 and Overwatch (not as badly as the other two) are examples of that. The games also feel less well put together (this may be nostalgia speaking). Blizzard now a days is such a cheap company and it shows.

What baffles me is huge companies having bad netcode (they reuse this poo poo right? Like you don't need to reinvent the wheel into a trapazoid) and menus. There's nothing special about this game that it requires such as hilariously terrible ui.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Feb 25, 2017

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Zzulu posted:

Anyone else get annoying microstutters in dominion? Changing graphics settings seems to do nothing and my computer is stronk

I had that as well, had to restart my PC.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The whole reason I got sick of Overwatch was because Blizzard was god awful at balancing and after seeing several pathetic patches I realized the gameplay was never gonna reach its potential.

I'd really hate to see the same thing happen here.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

The whole reason I got sick of Overwatch was because Blizzard was god awful at balancing and after seeing several pathetic patches I realized the gameplay was never gonna reach its potential.

I'd really hate to see the same thing happen here.

That and the game was too team dependent. Felt no matter how well you play you got 5 anchors pulling you down.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
Hey, here is a cool thing I found. You can have unparryable attacks. I've had my suspicions after hearing about the Shougeki bug and had kinda gotten this to happen before.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/5w0dkv/sharing_all_the_tech_ive_discovered_so_far/

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Hypha posted:

Hey, here is a cool thing I found. You can have unparryable attacks. I've had my suspicions after hearing about the Shougeki bug and had kinda gotten this to happen before.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/5w0dkv/sharing_all_the_tech_ive_discovered_so_far/

I like how this post calls this "tech" instead of bugs.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Keegers posted:

That and the game was too team dependent. Felt no matter how well you play you got 5 anchors pulling you down.

They want this, otherwise people may feel bad about their own play.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

OctaMurk posted:

That is a fighting game term. A lot of tech is basically just bugs that you can abuse in certain situations.

Fighting games have a bit of a different approach to patching. The older games, such as Street Fighter 2 turbo, never get patched but new stuff is still being found about it. It just seems that there are always these weird bugs in these games that come to change the gameplay just as radically as a patch when they are discovered.

Hell, the ability to do combos in a fighting game was initially a bug. Cool bugs are an important part of the development of a fighting game scene.

Hypha fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 25, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

My TEAM is too bad and are pulling me down!! 1v1 honorable battle!!!

go play chess if you want 1v1s,

these are team games for a reason

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

My TEAM is too bad and are pulling me down!! 1v1 honorable battle!!!

go play chess if you want 1v1s,

these are team games for a reason

Not even chess, there's a 1v1 game option.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Floppychop posted:

Not even chess, there's a 1v1 game option.

they were also talking about overwatch

but i bet the same people will complain when their opponent tosses them off a ledge

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I really love that sometimes when the Shugoki uses demon ball you just whiff on some wall not even near the animation of the move. Fun stuff.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So new max valk damage(on exhausted opponent). Guardbreak, SIDE throw, heavy, light, sweep(they can't dodge it in time as they get up), top heavy. 68 smackers of damage.

Berserker still king of exhausted punish by a mile though, gets 92 damage.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 25, 2017

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

So new max valk damage(on exhausted opponent). Guardbreak, SIDE throw, heavy, light, sweep(they can't dodge it in time as they get up), top heavy. 68 smackers of damage.

Berserker still king of exhausted punish by a mile though, gets 92 damage.

can't raider get 95 with a top heavy into unblockable off a knockdown

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

OctaMurk posted:

Fighting game vernacular.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Indecisive posted:

can't raider get 95 with a top heavy into unblockable off a knockdown

I've tried that before and it doesn't work to my knowledge cause you will always have time to parry or backroll the unblockable.

Also about the valkyrie note I might as well mention the other one, she has instant stunbreak into full combo off ANY parry against non-long range classes guaranteed, they can have full stam it doesn't matter.

Parry -> guardbreak-> headbutt(knocks down), dash forward+light, light, sweep, topheavy for 55. So not as much as the other one but you can force the exhaust even if they are at full. However this basically requires a full stam bar on your behalf to even begin to attempt.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 25, 2017

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

I've tried that before and it doesn't work to my knowledge cause you will always have time to parry or backroll the unblockable.

Also about the valkyrie note I might as well mention the other one, she has instant stunbreak into full combo off ANY parry against non-long range classes guaranteed, they can have full stam it doesn't matter.

Parry -> guardbreak-> headbutt(knocks down), dash forward light, light, sweep, topheavy for 55. So not as much as the other one but you can force the exhaust even if they are at full. However this basically requires a full stam bar on your behalf to even begin to attempt.

Raider can (I'm almost certain) do top heavy + unblockable if timed correctly, off a backwards throw on an out of stamina opponent. If you change even a single variable, it won't work.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm almost certain different heroes have different recovery frames for falling over (among other things) so it probably depends on who you are up against.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm almost certain different heroes have different recovery frames for falling over (among other things) so it probably depends on who you are up against.

Raider does an entirely different throw when throwing backwards, kind of like the Kensai.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

satanic splash-back posted:

Raider can (I'm almost certain) do top heavy + unblockable if timed correctly, off a backwards throw on an out of stamina opponent. If you change even a single variable, it won't work.

Ok I just tested it, and it basically only works if you exhaustion backthrow them into a corner. Top heavy whiffs anywhere in a flat expanse of terrain(and whiffs even in corner unless you perfect 180 switch, not very reliable).

So I guess it does beat out the berserkers max, but zerkers works everywhere/anywhere unlike this very specific one.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I am beginning to think rage quitting out also preserves your win/loss stats(as in you don't take the L). I get enough people doing it in duels against me when at that point they should just stay for their xp/item cause its already over to make me consider it. I don't know for sure but after so long in sf5 with that same poo poo I know the dark heart of man :(

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

Ok I just tested it, and it basically only works if you exhaustion backthrow them into a corner. Top heavy whiffs anywhere in a flat expanse of terrain(and whiffs even in corner unless you perfect 180 switch, not very reliable).

So I guess it does beat out the berserkers max, but zerkers works everywhere/anywhere unlike this very specific one.

Its only notable because if you can revenge first, its a two shot kill on most (all?) of the cast. Not always usable, but its certainly a fun party trick.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Geared up my Warden.

Arms - Dropped Block Damage resistance since incoming block damage is only about 2 damage per heavy block. Went for max Stamina regen to recover stamina fast after some chains. Revive for team play which is handy if you can revive them, especially in Elimination.
Chest - Dropped Block Damage since the damage done is tiny, plus good players either dodge or parry heavy attacks. Went for max Sprint speed for disengaging in unfavorable fights, or general running around reviving fuckery in case of Elimination.
Helm - Much thought on this one, but I went for max Debuff resistance to reduce bleeding and other debuff effects. Some Revenge mode duration because Revenge is too good for now. Didn't go for max because it's only about 1 or 2 seconds difference, and in most cases Revenge is over after you kill one player.
Guard - Throw is good but it's situational, so I went for some Revenge gain by injury in case I get 1v2ed and can't block all incoming hits. Max Revenge mode attack for damage boost.
Hilt - Might as well go full Revenge stats since I'm building for Revenge.
Blade - Stamina cost reduction might be good, but there aren't many times when you can pull off nonstop chains anyway. Most of the damage done comes from short burst of Crushing Counter and/or light zone attack so stamina shouldn't be much of an issue.

Overall Revenge mode is just too much strong at the moment so there's no reason not to go for it.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Aesis posted:

Overall Revenge mode is just too much strong at the moment so there's no reason not to go for it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Evil Canadian posted:

I am beginning to think rage quitting out also preserves your win/loss stats(as in you don't take the L). I get enough people doing it in duels against me when at that point they should just stay for their xp/item cause its already over to make me consider it. I don't know for sure but after so long in sf5 with that same poo poo I know the dark heart of man :(

Well allowing someone to quit at the very last second in match (using in-game methods even) to avoid a loss would be extremely incompetent programming.

What I'm saying is that you are almost certainly correct.

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe
If I'm getting clowned by some of the single player bosses (on normal), is there any point going online? The community seems kinda toxic if you're bad (and having never played a fighting game, I am definitely bad).

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Fats posted:

If I'm getting clowned by some of the single player bosses (on normal), is there any point going online? The community seems kinda toxic if you're bad (and having never played a fighting game, I am definitely bad).

All video game communities are toxic. Good or bad makes no real difference.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

I played with goons today and had a great time!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Has anyone done any testing on particular attributes besides revenge, like throw range? For example, I heard Shugoki's baseball swing throw isn't affected by throw range.

I'm mostly curious if throw range affects Raider and Warlord throws, since they don't really throw as much as physically move opponents with them.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Fats posted:

This is the best online community I've experienced honestly; I haven't had this much fun in a multiplayer game since like, Quake 3. I haven't experienced any of the toxicity and I frankly suuuuck

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Whalley posted:

This is the best online community I've experienced honestly; I haven't had this much fun in a multiplayer game since like, Quake 3. I haven't experienced any of the toxicity and I frankly suuuuck

Majority of the toxicity I've seen is in dominion and usually some assassin or Nazi symbol dude.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Keegers posted:

Majority of the toxicity I've seen is in dominion and usually some assassin or Nazi symbol dude.
I pretty much stick to 1v1 or 2v2 honestly :shobon:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Most of the salt comes from winning with one of the classes the community has deemed OP (Warden, Orochi, Peacekeeper, Shugoki (lol)).

People rarely trash talk when they win.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

They were sort of. Blizzard has historically been good at taking a game style and polishing it. Rts, MMOORPG, Action RPG, moba, card game, fps. The issue is in modern times they've polished over anything that made that game type interesting. Heroes of the Storm, Diablo 3 and Overwatch (not as badly as the other two) are examples of that. The games also feel less well put together (this may be nostalgia speaking). Blizzard now a days is such a cheap company and it shows.

What baffles me is huge companies having bad netcode (they reuse this poo poo right? Like you don't need to reinvent the wheel into a trapazoid) and menus. There's nothing special about this game that it requires such as hilariously terrible ui.

IIRC a lot of the people responsible for Starcraft BW, Diablo II and Warcraft III left Blizzard during the WoW years and the leads for SC2, D3 and Overwatch are people that came in during the WoW years. There's this big continuity gap where Blizzard stopped making new games and the people that liked designing games during that just went other places.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

Most of the salt comes from winning with one of the classes the community has deemed OP (Warden, Orochi, Peacekeeper, Shugoki (lol)).

People rarely trash talk when they win.

By far the most salt I've gotten has been as lawbringer, people really dislike being manhandled for most of the fight, I've found. They start saying some real mean things, once the shoving and grabbin' gets going - it's like a million times worse than when I play Kensai. It's a shame they don't know that if they're just quick on the gbc, they basically nullify everything he does.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
It's there a way to continue to play this game for fun online without any of the stupid gear bullshit?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fuzz posted:

It's there a way to continue to play this game for fun online without any of the stupid gear bullshit?

Play 1v1 and 2v2. Gear is purely cosmetic in those modes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Fuzz posted:

As I understand it, gear only counts in Dominion. So long as you avoid that, you should be golden