Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Former Everything posted:

I watched the one punch man with my son and it was pretty rad

grats on your good life choices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

lol they're getting regular beer up to barleywine ABV

i am drinking it out of wine glasses honhonhon

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKVMUGwKcLE

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

Can you recommend anime to me? I really liked "spirits away!" and Cowboy Beep Beep.

watch Samurai Shampoo Champloo it's from the same director as Bebop

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
cloud crazy is goku

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

BAE OF PIGS posted:

I used to like gundam wing when I was little. Was it actually good or was I just a dumb kid?

gundam wing is cheesy and dumb but the original mobile suit gundam is like the pinnacle of sci-fi anime (after the galactic heroes ofc) and everyone should watch it

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
baloogan is prince popo

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

i feel like someone found something because trump's administration is suddenly SUPER aggressive on the media

i mean they've always hated the media but now they seem real focused

they've all GOT something on them, whether it's been found yet or not, they know it's only a matter of time

i mean, it just now turned out that murdersheriff David Clarke who looks like he literally came out of a Mirror, Mirror parallel universe was also that putin party with flynn and stein

these people are the worst of the worst, and they've all naturally coalesced around trump, and pretty soon the scandals are going to hit critical mass

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

Can you recommend anime to me? I really liked "spirits away!" and Cowboy Beep Beep.

Black Lagoon
Samurai Champloo
Space Dandy

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

BUSH 2112 posted:

the not your father's stuff? i actually really like their beers, if that's the one. most of the other brands are nasty, tho. sweet baby jesus is amazing, chocolate peanut butter stout. which sounds gross af but it's actually pretty drat good.

nah, it was pretty unremarkable and cheap. I'll have to check those out though.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lastgirl is android 13

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Fullhouse posted:

gundam wing is cheesy and dumb but the original mobile suit gundam is like the pinnacle of sci-fi anime (after the galactic heroes ofc) and everyone should watch it

was that the one that was on toonami or whatever? honestly i think anime sucks but i did kinda like that show back when i was in middle school.

I liked reboot too, even though I knew it was pretty dumb.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Squizzle is piccolo

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Epic High Five posted:

lol they're getting regular beer up to barleywine ABV

WEAK!

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30/56199/

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Honestly, this kind of plays to me like the same desperate and flaccid thing he did when he tweeted out about how terrible the ninth circuit was right after he lost the case and right before his Administration quietly admitted defeat.

They've made a full on attack to silence CNN and NYT and squash the Russia story and its failed completely and backfired on them. So now President Pisspants can't do anything to stop the story but cry on Twitter.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mob psycho 100: emotionally repressed psychic child has incredible powers, thinks they're bullshit, wants to work out and get swole instead.

he is aided in this by the extremely buff and sincerely supportive fitness club

Literally A Dabus
Feb 24, 2017

U🚫🔩↔👸:spain:➖S

That DICK! posted:

I watched a bit of Full Metal Alchemist as a boy but it seemed like it kinda went off the rails with the whole Adolf Hitler is now a character in this fantasy land setting thing

I think the original Akira was the one where he became good emperor. It was a particularly Ham handed version of Japan during works watt 2 that I didn't care for, and yet, atoll better then the anime ending.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Baloogan posted:

i am drinking it out of wine glasses honhonhon

move to city, go a little crazy, suddenly drinking extremely niche microbrews and reading reviews on it

The sickness is getting in

Here is your future if you continue this path

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Solarin posted:

watch Samurai Shampoo Champloo it's from the same director as Bebop

the cowboy bebop soundtrack is so fukken good, i still listen to it all the time and i haven't watched that show in over a decade. never got into SC tho, maybe i should give it another whirl

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Duscat posted:

i mean, it just now turned out that murdersheriff David Clarke who looks like he literally came out of a Mirror, Mirror parallel universe was also that putin party with flynn and stein

Wait a loving second, Clarke was actually at that loving party?

Christ what an rear end in a top hat.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol are they using distillers yeast or do they freeze that poo poo lmoa

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Former Everything posted:

Holy gently caress, Kentucky is going to gut employee rights completely

Employers will be able to prevent employees from taking a lunch break and withhold money from there paycheck without consent, among a shitload of other things

http://insiderlouisville.com/metro/...workers-rights/

Good.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Vash the Stampede looked stupid. Oh wow, DOUBLE DOLLARS? Cool. Retard

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

is that retard still crying about fake news on twitter

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Oxxidation posted:

Black Lagoon
Samurai Champloo
Space Dandy

Ok. Now we're getting somewhere.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yinlock posted:

i feel like someone found something because trump's administration is suddenly SUPER aggressive on the media

i mean they've always hated the media but now they seem real focused

The FBI has confirmed that the WH asked them to squash the rumors of ties between Trump and Russia and in doing so not only exposed that the WH was breaking all kinds of standards and possible rules of interfering but also basically tacitly admits that they're investigating something between Trump and Russia which is why they can't confirm/deny anything.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's really becoming more loving grating at this point than terrifying

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

move to city, go a little crazy, suddenly drinking extremely niche microbrews and reading reviews on it

The sickness is getting in

Here is your future if you continue this path

its very yin yang

the city and the city

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i wish there were more anime mods

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

it's really becoming more loving grating at this point than terrifying
~normalized~

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

I forget, it's either a super yeast that's been breed over many many generations either by them or someone else to be able to stand up to the huge abv or some combo of beer/champagne yeast.

I went there a few times when I was working in Boulder, it's a bomb rear end brewery.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

BAE OF PIGS posted:

was that the one that was on toonami or whatever? honestly i think anime sucks but i did kinda like that show back when i was in middle school.

I liked reboot too, even though I knew it was pretty dumb.

yeah it came on either right before or after dbz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LHgZUHiWwA

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

That DICK! posted:

Vash the Stampede looked stupid. Oh wow, DOUBLE DOLLARS? Cool. Retard

the second half of that show was ridiculously darker than the first half. It recall that it was good poo poo when I was 15

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Epic High Five posted:

Yeast and bourbon barrels AFAIK. It's like a beer espresso, or as someone else put it: "it's a cross between a cup of coffee and 30w motor oil, sloshed together in a barrel, except it's also beer"

Fuckin delicious.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

triple sulk posted:

ipas are garbage, stouts ftw

All alcoholic beer is equal in the eyes of the LORD

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Office Pig posted:

Wait a loving second, Clarke was actually at that loving party?

Christ what an rear end in a top hat.

https://twitter.com/SheriffClarke/status/675022833806897153

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
this song is so loving awesome jemaine clement is the truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93lrosBEW-Q

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

Ok. Now we're getting somewhere.

black lagoon is basically a big sweary bang-bang HBO crime drama, except it's anime so it also has a submarine take out a helicopter by ramping into the air and shooting a torpedo at it

samurai champloo is cowboy bebop with swords

space dandy is what happens when the director of bebop somehow acquires unlimited money and gets every major anime artist and director to contribute to his wacky space adventure show (the answer is this)

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Mariana Horchata posted:

i wish there were more anime mods

if i try to change baloogans name to "Vampire Hunter (Easy) D" will i get banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Go gently caress yourself, this affects me directly.

• Locked thread