Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I kinda want to get this tape for my stick, but I'm pretty sure it's a lot more difficult to get it lined up perfectly like in all the pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
^^^ I've seen that around a bunch for the year+ up here

Kalenn Istarion posted:

You know in your heart why

Also, I looked around for pro teams with white gloves and the only ones in recent memory are a couple of the all star teams, and we all know the all-star game is a joke

red wings 2016 stadium series

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
And after 20 something odd years of making the playoffs ... look where the red wings are now.

Nearly tied with Carolina at the bottom of the east.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I kinda want to get this tape for my stick, but I'm pretty sure it's a lot more difficult to get it lined up perfectly like in all the pictures.

HZ, drop some knowledge

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Someone on the r/hockeyplayers reddit had it. He said it was easy to line up on the front of the blade, but there's no saving the back.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The "ughh why you gotta be political on the ice" responses to the pride tape said to me that everyone should be flaunting that stuff just to rub it in their faces.

Also white gloves are cool just because people get so bent out of shape over them for no reason at all.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Duke Chin posted:

^^^ I've seen that around a bunch for the year+ up here

If you were trying to prove my point, thanks

xzzy posted:

The "ughh why you gotta be political on the ice" responses to the pride tape said to me that everyone should be flaunting that stuff just to rub it in their faces.

Also white gloves are cool just because people get so bent out of shape over them for no reason at all.

They are ugly af

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
prid tap

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Kalenn Istarion posted:

If you were trying to prove my point, thanks
They are ugly af

You're just jealous cause the only gloves refs get to wear are isotoners

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
My league is run by the New York gay hockey association so a lot of players have pride tape. I dunno it's just tape.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I mean if you're going for ultimate troll, you need that tape, white gloves, a mirrored visor and some of these bad boys:

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
When you put it that way, maybe I should

xzzy posted:

When you put it that way, buying rainbow tape seems like a no-brainer. Too bad I play with a bunch of grumpy old men who would probably give me more poo poo for it than the other team would.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Zip! posted:

I mean if you're going for ultimate troll, you need that tape, white gloves, a mirrored visor and some of these bad boys:

You figure if we could do this:
http://i.imgur.com/RcDCts7.jpeg

We should be able to make mirrored visors with a wavy American Flag on them.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Bootcha posted:

You figure if we could do this:
http://i.imgur.com/RcDCts7.jpeg

We should be able to make mirrored visors with a wavy American Flag on them.

Do they have to reset that film on the top between every helmet?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Duke Chin posted:

I love those gloves. If they weren't $200 I'd buy them.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

a mysterious cloak posted:

I love those gloves. If they weren't $200 I'd buy them.

Verbero has some similar ones for 129: https://www.verbero.com/collections/gloves/products/prostock14

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

You know what else is objectively the worst ever in hockey? Grey jerseys at pickup.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Zip! posted:

Full troll is all that crap and a white jofa helmet

Unrelated: gently caress I'm sore. Did 4 games in a row - not that tired as the last two were slow, but my feet are not as durable as when I was 18

I think I need to get my skates re-cooked as they are rubbing pretty bad on my big toe.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Zip! posted:

I had the black version of these skates (without the T Blades) and they were probably the worst skates I've ever used.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Someone I skated with as a kid had T-Blades, the sound they make is still ingrained to this day....

ScratchScratchScratchScratchScratchScratchScratchScratchScratchScratch

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Vargatron posted:

You know what else is objectively the worst ever in hockey? Grey jerseys at pickup.

IMO grey is pretty clearly a light color so I would rather people wear that than any other non-black or white jersey.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Grey is a dick move.

Yellow is the worst color to wear, followed by red.

You know they do it on purpose too because there's no loving way people don't have black and white jersey in the pile at home.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

xzzy posted:

Grey is a dick move.

Yellow is the worst color to wear, followed by red.

You know they do it on purpose too because there's no loving way people don't have black and white jersey in the pile at home.

I never understand people in the locker room who have to ask, oh hey do you have an extra dark/white? I get it if it is a newer player but I know guys that have been playing their whole lives and don't have both a white and a black jersey and that boggles my mind. How do you end up with only green and yellow jerseys?

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

bigbillystyle posted:

I never understand people in the locker room who have to ask, oh hey do you have an extra dark/white? I get it if it is a newer player but I know guys that have been playing their whole lives and don't have both a white and a black jersey and that boggles my mind. How do you end up with only green and yellow jerseys?

Maybe they lent all their black and white jerseys to other players and never got them back. It's a vicious cycle.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Nah, I want the stadium series ones. Wings forever.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

a mysterious cloak posted:

Nah, I want the stadium series ones. Wings forever.

I agree, I'd love one of the Centennial jersey/glove sets.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

xzzy posted:

My only white jersey is the tryhard one I got from an adult l2p/beginner league where a fully stitched/numbered jersey was included in the cost. Skating around in a heavy jersey with my name and number on the back and a custom patch logo on the front during any unaffiliated skate feels bad and weird.

I also don't have a black jersey but I have a dark green that works the same in that particular situation.

I have 2 red jerseys.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

he's tired skating in that heavy jersey unless you show up 40 min before shinny

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

First year refereeing in 15 years and selected to do final four tournament for my province :smugdog:

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Speaking of loving jerseys. Our team, the Killa Bees, have black or white Boston jerseys, the team we played tonight had mostly orange jerseys with black sleeves, so we wore white.

One of our guys only jersey was black/white/orange on one side, reversable to white/orange/black which loving sucked. Not only that, they had a guy wearing a solid loving yellow jersey.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm getting real annoyed at all the people who wear red, blue, camo or yellow jerseys to our stick n puck scrimmage session, because you can never figure out who the gently caress is on your team.

Then a dude in the light blue shirt will go "what the hell man, i was open" without understanding that there is a dude in a slightly darker blue shirt on the other team and i can't work that out in a split second.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
The reason I bought black and white jerseys when I first started is exactly that: I want people to pass me the puck.

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
Had a scrimmage yesterday where the team probably played better than any league game I've played - people were actually passing! And good passes, too. Like, real passes to peoples' sticks. Played D and every time I gathered the puck behind the net and looked up, I had both wingers open and ready. We even cycled in their zone! Crazy stuff.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Stop lying on the internet!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Saw a one-in-a-million goal yesterday, after a scrum around the net the puck deflects a few feet towards a faceoff dot and the goalie lunges to try and cover at the same time another player is swatting at the puck. Puck pings off the goalie's paddle, goes straight up in the air and arcs perfectly into the net.

Also our coach for that game is a career goalie and was amusing to spend an entire game listening to him preaching nothing but defense. Which actually was good and interesting information, but the best part was after the game. He was all "uh sorry guys I don't know a drat thing about offense so you're on your own for that."

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
In case anyone wanted to see me hitting the post on a breakaway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM5slo0CcL0&t=69s

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I like how the goalie is just all "gently caress it imma stay down".

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a new stick after last game. It was an absolute chop fest with another team that has been notoriously lovely and chippy in past games. There were so many uncalled slashes and cross checks that I thought it would get out of hand. Unfortunately we only had 3 subs (1 D and 2 F) It was an absolutely brutal game, we went up 2-1 with my goal in the 1st period. We held the lead until 2 minutes left in the third period when they tied.

I was thoroughly exhausted. The entire game was a process of watching my linemates jump off the ice and realizing I would now have to double shift.

I got a nice dirty goal though so thats nice.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Last Thursday I only had one other guy to switch off with at wing and it was pretty miserable. He was an older dude so he'd take like a 30 second shift and I'd have to go right back out. Good cardio though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

We're like 5 games in and have not had more than 1 sub so far (sometimes borrowing a player from the other team) because this league is actually kind of terrible?