Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Professor Funk posted:

So Meltzer apparently said Balor is returning to Raw in two weeks but still unclear as to his role? I actually have no idea how they'd fit him in at this point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/5vpngq/spoilers_meltzer_with_an_update_on_finn_balor/

evolution is a mystery

full of fat guys and legos, see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Professor Funk posted:

So Meltzer apparently said Balor is returning to Raw in two weeks but still unclear as to his role? I actually have no idea how they'd fit him in at this point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/5vpngq/spoilers_meltzer_with_an_update_on_finn_balor/

HHH stooge.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/834852030254563329

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Doesn't necessarily contradict the Meltzer report, since it sounds like they're doing the testing early March (and probably before Fastlane/the Raw on the 6th).

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

My guess is Joe if Rollins isn't ready to go

Won't it be Sami/Joe and Sami/Triple H at this point though? I mean, yeah, by the sound of things they're gearing up for Finn/Joe, but heck, I also like the sound of Finn/KO/Jericho for the US title.

Would really prefer Finn/Joe and KO/Jericho though. They can do Finn/KO for the US title after Wrestlemania. Build him up a bit so he isn't in the Roman spot.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Venomous posted:

Won't it be Sami/Joe and Sami/Triple H at this point though? I mean, yeah, by the sound of things they're gearing up for Finn/Joe, but heck, I also like the sound of Finn/KO/Jericho for the US title.

Would really prefer Finn/Joe and KO/Jericho though. They can do Finn/KO for the US title after Wrestlemania. Build him up a bit so he isn't in the Roman spot.

I mean, Finn was more over in his first month on TV than Roman ever has been as a singles star. Plus people haven't even had time to get sick of him yet, so I don't think they need to worry about the Reigns treatment. Beyond that, from a booking standpoint, I feel like doing just about anything other than putting him right back in a feud for the Universal title would make him look weak(er).

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 23, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here's the full NXT taping spoilers

quote:

Heidi Lovelace (now billed as Ruby Riot) over Kimber Lee, presumably the opening dark match.
Eric Young cuts a promo from the tron, saying that Tye Dillinger shouldn’t get his friends involved, and they’ll do it one on one.
Elias Samson comes out to sing a song and is interrupted by Kassius Ohno. Ohno says the Drifter thing isn’t working out and Samson counters that Ohno in NXT won’t work out, the same as last time. Ohno then challenges him to a Loser Leaves NXT match later tonight!
Eric Young vs. Tye Dillinger is set to begin, but as the match is about to start, Sanity drag a beaten-down Roderick Strong out. Tye and No Way Jose try to help their pal out but just eat a beatdown themselves and we don’t get the match.
Andrade “Cien” Almas over HoHo Lun.
Kassius Ohno over Elias Samson in a Loser Leaves NXT Match. The Drifter must finally drift away! Also, Ohno smashes the guitar for good measure. Who’s your Hero, indeed.
Ember Moon over Billie Kay. After the match, trainers spend time checking Billie, so there’s concern she may have suffered an injury. She does get to her feet by herself, but the trainers help her to the back.
Ealy Brothers (Gabriel & Uriel Ealy) vs. the Revival (Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson) is scheduled to happen next, but the Authors of Pain (Akam & Rezar) show up and destroy the twins, leading the Revival to head for the hills.
Heavy Machinery (Otis Dozovic & Tucker Knight) over Johnny Vandal & QT Marshall.
Nikki Cross over Macey Estrella. After the match, No Way Jose and Tye Dillinger ran down to try and beat the SAnitY men down, but they get overwhelmed.
Andrade “Cien” Almas over Oney Lorcan.
Asuka over Priscilla Zuniga, better known as indie wrestler Angel Rose. Before the match, Asuka said that Ember Moon would suffer the same fate, and then made a point of really punishing the newcomer.
The Ealy Brothers are back out and they call the Authors of Pain down. The Authors accept the challenge and win the match handily.
After the match, Paul Ellering says that the Revival are the next name in his Book of Pain. This brings #DIY (Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa) down. They say they can beat the Authors and only the Revival stopped them from doing so. This, in turn, brings out the Revival. The Revival say they sat San Antonio out but they’re not doing that again. So William Regal comes down and makes it official, we have a three-way elimination match for the NXT Tag Team Championship at TakeOver: Orlando.
No Way Jose, Roderick Strong, & Tye Dillinger vs. SAnitY (Alexander Wolfe, Eric Young, & Killian Dain) goes to a no contest when the referee loses control and decides to just throw it out. Ruby Riot then runs down to even the odds vis-a-vis Nikki Cross! Babyfaces then manage to fight SAnitY off for once.
Dash Wilder over Akam and Johnny Gargano. Dash and Dawson hit the bricks mid-match only to come back and steal the win after Akam had destroyed Gargano, with Dawson holding the Author’s feet to keep him down.
Bobby Roode (c) over Kassius Ohno to retain the NXT Championship.
Shinsuke Nakamura over TJ Perkins. After the match, Bobby Roode came down to tell the former champ that the show’s over and it’s time to go. When Nakamura refused to leave, Andrade “Cien” Almas came out to put the boots to him and Roode joined in. They beat him down until Finn Balor made the save!
Finn, after running the heels off, says he’s not medically cleared, but he’ll be back soon enough for what’s his. He and Shinsuke celebrate in the ring to close the tapings out.

Heavy Machinery won a match!

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
It must be hell attending Full Sail and not giving a poo poo about wrestling.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Shinsuke vs. TJP sounds like a lowkey good-rear end match.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wish nakamura WOULD DO a dab during his rope "thang"

assuming this thread is for spoiling peoples moods.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 24, 2017

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I take your point about Finn being over as heck, but the thing is, if Goldberg wins at Fastlane, then either Lesnar or (hopefully) Orton is walking out of Wrestlemania as the Universal Champion. With that said, I would totally be up for Finn/Orton after Wrestlemania, but Finn/Lesnar would frankly be a foregone conclusion and I don't think they'll want to risk Finn loving up his shoulder again after a botched suplex.

So yeah, I get you completely and I want KO to win at Fastlane and Owens/Jericho to be for the UC. I mean, Jericho would have to drop the US title to, I dunno, Big E or someone like that, but if it saves us from a Goldberg/Lesnar main event then I'm all for it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The one thing I really hope doesn't happen is Orton bringing the stupid Universal title to Smackdown and then WWE finding some way to shift the WWE title to Raw.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

The one thing I really hope doesn't happen is Orton bringing the stupid Universal title to Smackdown and then WWE finding some way to shift the WWE title to Raw.

In this situation I would hope Orton would move to Raw, but yeah.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Why did they already job hero out to roode?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

oh no

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2 matches, 1 win 1 loss. 50/50'd on his first taping back

Welcome back Chris :unsmith:

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Feb 24, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Chris James 2 posted:

50/50'd on his first taping back

Welcome back Chris :unsmith:
At this point I imagine Nakamura's getting a rematch and Hero isn't. So it's more like 100/0.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The actual bewildering booking is the mess they've made of the women's division by keeping Ember in cold storage for what seems like 6 months while Asuka stayed face against the aussies and Nikki Cross, then cutting Nikki off at the knees by failing to follow through on her angle with the champ.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Basic Chunnel posted:

At this point I imagine Nakamura's getting a rematch and Hero isn't. So it's more like 100/0.

50/50 is referring to the fact that he won one match and lost one match. Or another way to say it would be he won 50 percent of his matches and lost 50 percent. 50/50, if you wheeeeeellll.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Venomous posted:

I take your point about Finn being over as heck, but the thing is, if Goldberg wins at Fastlane, then either Lesnar or (hopefully) Orton is walking out of Wrestlemania as the Universal Champion. With that said, I would totally be up for Finn/Orton after Wrestlemania, but Finn/Lesnar would frankly be a foregone conclusion and I don't think they'll want to risk Finn loving up his shoulder again after a botched suplex.

So yeah, I get you completely and I want KO to win at Fastlane and Owens/Jericho to be for the UC. I mean, Jericho would have to drop the US title to, I dunno, Big E or someone like that, but if it saves us from a Goldberg/Lesnar main event then I'm all for it.

Goldberg/Lesnar is main eventing with or without the belt, I think. In any case, I hate fantasy booking, but I still think you can book it to have Balor walk out with the title. Just have Brock cockily issue an open challenge after beating Goldberg in a competitive match, out comes Balor, etc. It's obvious they want Balor to be a major star since he's a merch machine with kids, and it would be a huge star making moment. It works out for everyone from a booking angle too: Lesnar gets his win back, and Finn only beats him *after* a competitive match with Goldberg, so he doesn't look really weak.

All I'm saying is I really don't think Finn will be relegated to lower on the card. It'll be interesting to see how they book him.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 24, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think Finn and Roman are probably gonna be rivals post-Mania because it's quite easily set up. And it might actually work if they let Roman be a heel and don't just feed Balor to him to get Roman ready for Brock.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Basic Chunnel posted:

The actual bewildering booking is the mess they've made of the women's division by keeping Ember in cold storage for what seems like 6 months while Asuka stayed face against the aussies and Nikki Cross, then cutting Nikki off at the knees by failing to follow through on her angle with the champ.

As much as I liked Athena, they've given me zero reasons to give a poo poo about Ember Moon. She's Apollo Crews with a cooler finisher.

Should've pulled the trigger on Nikki.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So wait, is it Asuka/Ember in Orlando or Asuka/Nikki? Because I really hope (a) it's Asuka/Nikki (b) if it is, Nikki wins.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/Robi2184/status/835297871708766208
:lol: Yes

Venomous posted:

So wait, is it Asuka/Ember in Orlando or Asuka/Nikki? Because I really hope (a) it's Asuka/Nikki (b) if it is, Nikki wins.
It's Ember/Asuka, really I would push for Nikki for the belt when they hopefully they do a Sanity takes all the belts storyline (after hopefully kicking out Eric Young for someone that isn't awful)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Kawalimus posted:

Why would they get rid of Drifter off NXT? He was a perfect jobber there. What can he really do on the main roster?

It is his time, Triple H is high on him and WWE needs "NXT success stories" to report to shareholders.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm a fan of Heidi's new name, Ruby Riot

Me too.

RealFoxy posted:

A basket ball jersey that fits his form well. His beautiful, gigantic form.

I don't expect to see it again as management hated it. It got Hero heat.

Gaz-L posted:

So Takeover card is, what, Roode-Nakamura, three-way for the tag belts, Asuka-Moon, 8-person with Sanity vs Tye's team of babyface losers (I'd guess it'd be Tye, Jose, Roddy and Ruby based on those taping spoilers) and something with Ohno?

For Takeover originally the plan was Roode/Andrade vs Hero/Nak but they may become singles matches. Nakamura vs Roode and Hero vs Andrade.

Basic Chunnel posted:

I am the same about the division. The plan is for Peyton to be Champion this year. No idea how it gets to her though. Via Asuka or via Ember Moon though.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Bigass Moth posted:

Why did they already job hero out to roode?

The same/similar forces in NXT who were anti him are still there. Bobby Roode is everything Terry Taylor & Co. thinks what a top wrestler should be while Ohno ain't. So Roode beat him clean.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I like Peyton more than most but the aussie women have the least heat of a class that has had extreme trouble generating heat

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

For Takeover originally the plan was Roode/Andrade vs Hero/Nak but they may become singles matches. Nakamura vs Roode and Hero vs Andrade.

Were they seriously not going to have a title match? lmao

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

I like Peyton more than most but the aussie women have the least heat of a class that has had extreme trouble generating heat

Heidi, Kimber, the reporting in April Evie and Nixon Newell are probably the best selection of babyfaces NXT could sign in 2016. So having a heel Champion makes sense. But I can't argue with your POV on the Aussies.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Roque11 reminded me to post that Ciampa didn't wrestle on the taping. He has surgery scheduled after Takeover.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like them both because i don't watch the weekly shows and just see the little videos people post. They're good. Thanks everybody

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

The same/similar forces in NXT who were anti him are still there. Bobby Roode is everything Terry Taylor & Co. thinks what a top wrestler should be while Ohno ain't. So Roode beat him clean.
That and they probably want to give Roode a longer reign than 2 months

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

achillesforever6 posted:

That and they probably want to give Roode a longer reign than 2 months

They should at least have Roode have a dirty win though. In fact why does Roode keep having clean wins.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
*people bitch about heel champs never winning clean*

*new heel champ starts winning clean*

*people bitch about heel winning clean*

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I never bitch about heels winning clean. They should be nonstop cheating. Honestly wwe's issue is that the Faces always beat the heels.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The_Rob you're the same person as somebody else who has a much different opinion than yours. I know it and i'll prove it next week right here in this very ring.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Cavauro posted:

The_Rob you're the same person as somebody else who has a much different opinion than yours. I know it and i'll prove it next week right here in this very ring.

I guaran drat tee that you will lose and be proven wrong.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

If a heel can only win by cheating you get Kevin Owens. There is space between a monster heel and a cheating weasel where a heel can just be really good and win against like 75% of his opponents, get heat via non-wrestling related dickheadedness, but in the end clearly be worse than The Best Dudes and have to cheat against them. That was the formula that made Triple H a star, and considering how everyone says Bobby is Triple H lite, it should probably work with him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sorry to interrupt this Robert Roode talk and all but I was politely saying NXT thinks Hero is too indie, doesn't play to the cameras and has a poo poo look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
gently caress em. Let Hero go back to the indies because he's the best wrestler in the world and wwe doesn't deserve him.