Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

triple sulk posted:

Holy gently caress I love clam chowder

:same:
the bland chowder really brings out the taste of tabasco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pomp posted:

pho is better than ramen

ramen is also pretty loving good

asians know their soups imo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
except for wonton soup

wtf

wtf @ wontons

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Plinkey posted:

not too many great mexican places close to me here.

amish chicken pot pie, soup or meal or both?

how is that a pie

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

ramen is also pretty loving good

asians know their soups imo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

egg drop soup is good, the italian variant "stracciatella" is great

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Duscat posted:

how is that a pie

put that cucken soup in a pie cust kablammo its a pie

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Baloogan posted:

wtf i love pho, and all those amazing thai soups

Yeah but pho and ramen and poo poo is good, that's why it's famous

What you might not realize is that most Asian soups are just "noodles + bland watery broth + maybe some spinach or something"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Why in the gently caress can't this guy be our president

I'm all in for JEB!

Because had he won, nobody would be organizing like they are now. It took six drat years of Bush for enough people to take the GOP seriously and realize they are a pack of cartoonishly evil hyenas but it didn't even take six minutes for people to figure it out under Trump. Jeb would still be just as calamitous in the long run but I doubt he'd be as openly antagonistic or appoint Jefferson Beauregard Sessions The Third as AG. Instead, people all over the place are showing up to scare the poo poo out of their elected officials, actually getting off their asses to volunteer and run in previously uncontested races, and overall just more than willing to take action beyond shitposts and selfies.

It took Trump to shock a whole lot of whiny apathetic weasels into realizing democracy is a strictly participatory sport, and screaming at a cloistered uncaring establishment for 'better candidates' is loving stupid when the option to actually be the better candidate you're looking for is a few forms and a fee away. You think Ellison would be the frontrunner for DNC chairmanship if Jeb got elected?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Baloogan posted:

except for wonton soup

wtf

wtf @ wontons

Reason for reporting: hosed up duck posting wtf

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I got a real good borscht recipe around here somewhere. The secret is pork belly.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

yeah stracciatella is aces, i like when they toss in those same kinda meatballs you get in italian wedding soup

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

egg drop soup is good, the italian variant "stracciatella" is great

stracciatella gelato ftw

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

quadrophrenic posted:

Yeah but pho and ramen and poo poo is good, that's what it's famous

What you might not realize is that most Asian soups are just "noodles + bland watery broth + maybe some spinach or something"

i fully admit that vancouver has the finest asian cuisine in the entire world including asia

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

:yossame:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

:boobeer:

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Baloogan posted:

put that cucken soup in a pie cust kablammo its a pie

no it's a fire alarm because it just spilled out of the crust into ur oven and now there's smoke everywhere oh god do we have children together and are they living in this house i can't remember

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Duscat posted:

how is that a pie

yeah, basically a really thick chicken soup with huge noddles, that would have been the pie crust instead

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

MariusLecter posted:

Reason for reporting: hosed up duck posting wtf

wtf @ wontons soggy motherfucking tortilieni in like weak cum broth

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Fix posted:

I got a real good borscht recipe around here somewhere. The secret is pork belly.

we'll be getting plenty of borscht rations soon enough

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Baloogan posted:

weak cum broth

Good Soup.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
After living in Asia and living in the west I can conclusively say the difference between Western Chinese food and Actual Chinese food is actually understated

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Baloogan posted:

lol if you think obama was any better than trump if you were standing on the other side

of the padded door, in a mental asylum

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
couple weeks ago this lady asked what the soup du jour was, didn't like the answer of lentil soup, and asked instead for minestrone

lol like what is your DEAL lady?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Duscat posted:

no it's a fire alarm because it just spilled out of the crust into ur oven and now there's smoke everywhere oh god do we have children together and are they living in this house i can't remember

lamo mother fucker we're british which means our children are out on the street threatening people iwth dinner knives and drinking milk at the milk bar

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

quadrophrenic posted:

After living in Asia and living in the west I can conclusively say the difference between Western Chinese food and Actual Chinese food is actually understated

Sichuan OWNS

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Wonton soup is usually bad and is only eaten because it's cheap as poo poo, I can get a bowl of hunduns for like a buck and a half here

Doesn't mean I gotta enjoy it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Baloogan posted:

lamo mother fucker we're british which means our children are out on the street threatening people iwth dinner knives and drinking milk at the milk bar

hello

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

quadrophrenic posted:

im of the onion that western chinese food is miles ahead of actual chinese food

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Baloogan posted:

noice

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Every page with a 2 is a doody page

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

quadrophrenic posted:

Yeah but pho and ramen and poo poo is good, that's why it's famous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0twqUlBaSM

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

apparently, thanks to the st bernard legends, it was a whole thing in the renaissance to depict the blessed virgin mother titty-blasting milk like some kind of la leche sniper

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Baloogan posted:

im of the onion that western chinese food is miles ahead of actual chinese food

heres your fried chicken and sugar sauces, sir

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i should get pho tomorrow

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

british films are hilarious becase they assume that like, briths youths are like 30 days away from becomming utterly feral at all times

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Borscht is numero uno, awesome with eye and sour cream

That's my soup story:redhammer:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Baloogan posted:

british films are hilarious becase they assume that like, briths youths are like 30 days away from becomming utterly feral at all times

its true

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
british films about nuclear war
that is
the only reason to watch british films
lol @ sound of music or whatever marry poppins hairy potter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004