Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Samurai Sanders posted:

I can imagine a future where everything ever connected to Trump becomes vilified as one of the causes of the end of the Old World, yeah.

Or the shameful last remnants of the Damned Earth. When we actually tricked the Republicans into letting us escape to space, they didn't think we'd actually make it and succeed in colonization, much less not detonate as soon as the rockets lit. Every now and again, we get old signals of what happened back there and it isn't pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Samurai Sanders posted:

I can imagine a future where everything ever connected to Trump becomes vilified as one of the causes of the end of the Old World, yeah.
There were always the stories, of course. The orange Demon King of Madness himself, capering in his white palace as his diminutive hands play out a delirious staccato to which the monsters dance. The frog worshippers who bow before him in their red caps, gibbering in unholy tongues. The Spice Merchant, trading in secrets and lies. That old trickster Bright Bart, spreading sickness and insanity across the land. Why were the elders so afraid to sleep within sight of the village walls? We never quite understood.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Lord Hydronium posted:

There were always the stories, of course. The orange Demon King of Madness himself, capering in his white palace as his diminutive hands play out a delirious staccato to which the monsters dance. The frog worshippers who bow before him in their red caps, gibbering in unholy tongues. The Spice Merchant, trading in secrets and lies. That old trickster Bright Bart, spreading sickness and insanity across the land. Why were the elders so afraid to sleep within sight of the village walls? We never quite understood.

:golfclap:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Lord Hydronium posted:

Ever since I was a kid I have thought about how the things we experience here and now would become the myths and legends of future civilizations, and it would be about like this, yeah.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Lord Hydronium posted:

It's said that the Demon King of Madness defeated almost a dozen challengers, including the scions of two ancient families, to claim the throne of the white palace. And it is said that the true lord of that place during his time of rule was not the Demon King himself, but instead the unwanted drunken coward known as the Bannon. The Bannon wove himself so closely to the Demon King, and earned so much of his trust through flattery and obsequious politeness, that he could simply hand the king a piece of paper and the King would sign it, unread and unknowing as to its contents.

Those in the red caps knew all of this. They knew all of the failings of the Demon King but hailed him as the next coming of their god. It is said that in the dark days before the great burning, you could go to any town in that kingdom and hear them chanting in bunkers that were once basements, and on the shooting ranges that were once game fields, and in churches with their bent steeples. "Maga. Maga. Maga." On and on and on like the beating of a great communal heart.

Somfin fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 25, 2017

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

It's useless putting up a fence where somebody already has their roots

AGC

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

logger posted:

It's useless putting up a fence where somebody already has their roots

AGC

And an equally good comment

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 25, 2017

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Illegal immigration has outgrown US Immigration policy, which is old and not nearly as effective as when it was first used and needs to be torn down. AGC

And sorry, Drunky Duck. White people shooting Indian people thinking they're middle eastern is the newest thing.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"THIS IS THE NUMBER ONE MOST PRESSING ISSUE IN AMERICA!" He demanded.

"You don't understand," the duck cried, shaking me by the shoulders before pausing for another swig of his paper-bag booze. "Racism, climate change, xenophobia, mass shootings, whatever. That's -- that's great, who cares. It's made up. A bunch of bleeding heart snowflakes crying about make-believe problems. They're not really oppressed. But this -- white, privileged Republicans -- this is about ME, don't you get it? This stuff that affects me, it's the only kind of oppression that's real. All the others are made up."
I did not respond, but after a moment his gaze drifted, and slowly the fire left him. He slumped to the ground, staring quietly into the distance.

"It's the only kind that's real," he whispered.
Somewhere in the distance, a dog barked.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

King Possum III posted:

Could be improved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BavTQmiA9mc&t=111s

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

SomeMathGuy posted:

I... think... he's trying to blame that mass beaching incident on Native American magic, possibly some kind of vengeful retaliation for the DAPL? I can't believe I'm saying this but he's usually more straightforward.

All the Dees I've seen involving Native Americans treat them as magical naturalists in tune with the earth. Like they're the epitome of his regular anti-chemicals/technology/pharmaceuticals stance

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Glad that this cartoonist can bring their insight and analysis into this subject by conflating gender and sexuality.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I think Dees might not be right in the head, so looking for consistency is kind of a lost cause

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

I didn't realize Dees was doing posters for Neil Breen movies now.

...he says, in a car sitting idle.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Fulchrum posted:

I think Dees might not be right in the head, so looking for consistency is kind of a lost cause

Feels like there's just enough method to the madness to know he's not faking it- like he's marching to the beat of a can full of marbles but he's still walking with the rest of us

He's a canary for the half-afflicted and when he immediately went full MAGA we really should have known who was gonna win the election

Wang_Tang
Jan 11, 2004

Cryptologic
What's the release window like for most mainstream political cartoons (i.e. Lester, Ramirez, et al)? Is it a weekly schedule like traditional print news, or is it whenever the cartoonist wants?

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

FronzelNeekburm posted:

...he says, in a car sitting idle.
Not to mention a deathtrap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPF4fBGNK0U

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Wait, is that... is that an actually good Catalino? WTF.

quote:

Time for another "look how much I don't care about what those clowns actors in politics have to say! Look!" compilation.

SSNeoman posted:

lmao who did I piss off with this post to get my new title?
Someone has a lot of money to spend on D&D avatars. And a fondness for "on ignore immediately!"

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Brexit is being negotiated by NYT ghosts?????????????

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

"I know how to show how little I care about the opinions of these Hollywood actors! I'll spend my time and effort depicting a fictional situation in which my thoughts on them are validated!""

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Axetrain posted:

"I know how to show how little I care about the opinions of these Hollywood actors! I'll spend my time and effort depicting a fictional situation in which my thoughts on them are validated!""

I wonder if left-wingers can get on this gravy train as well. Can I do a cartoon about a tapir that gets mad at Ted Nugent for two weeks straight?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Abyssal Squid posted:

I want to believe

*rhapsody in blue starts playing over X-Files credits*

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

Ghost don't exist, they are Water Marks from Copyright Maximalist, worse.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Catalino has actually turned into one of the most anti-Trump conservative cartoonists this year. Shame his art hasn't improved though.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the state of the Labour party – Labour has suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of the Conservative party in Copeland, a heartland seat dominated by the party since 1935"

Telegraph:

Claudio Ranieri: Sacked Leicester manager says his 'dream died'

Independent:

After Pascal Dagnan-Bouveret.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

:scotland: The National:
New BBC Scotland channel a 'declaration of intent'
[This cartoonist was requested by someone in Brit-thread, let me know if Big Thread wants more of this or not.]

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

This cartoon is so unrealistic. There's no way Trump would name something "TRUMPCO" and not just "Trump."

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

"Perverted cisgender American sexual deviants claiming to be trans are automatically yanked from from the opposite sex restrooms, effectively stopping molestation and assault because of a magic piece of paper that prevents it." AGC?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the style reminds me of humon

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Xander77 posted:

Time for another "look how much I don't care about what those clowns actors in politics have to say! Look!" compilation.

He has had several ones like this recently. They are not like the Ramirez ones were he pretends trump doesn't exist. Something may have finally snapped in his retracing brain... In a good way.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Trump has been dragged out of his native territory and is confused and violent. After a brief rampage, he will be killed by DC. AGC.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Oh yeah, Democrats loathed Obama.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:bisonyes:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

the old car looks cool tho and thats way more important then safety

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Xander77 posted:

Someone has a lot of money to spend on D&D avatars. And a fondness for "on ignore immediately!"

It's not just a D&D thing; I know at least one Games poster I literally have never seen not bitch about whatever game megathread he posts in with a similar red-text.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Cmon Ramirez. No "bing bing bong"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

In reference to this.

• Locked thread