Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Doc Hawkins posted:

That is a really cool idea. More mods should give you things to do with the equipment you don't use besides selling it; it really is clutter past a certain point.

I also made it so you can break down silver and iron weapons and armor into ingots to give to the atronach smith so it can make you cool poo poo. I downloaded a mod that let you do that for Skyrim crafting, and figured it would give me a reason to actually loot all the damned skeleton champions I run across in MW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Node posted:

Some parts, yes. Not a huge amount, though. TR is big. I'll repeat that.

TR is an enormous project. Over a decade ago I was making fun of them on the Bethesda forums I think, saying they'll fizzle out in three months. But what I see now impresses me beyond words. I hope the project reaches v1.0 - the designs, landscapes, and fleshed out areas look fantastic. They have my full support.

Yeah when I first heard about it I thought the same we all did - that it's ridiculous and never going to happen.

Cut to a loving decade later. It's a slow burn but they're not stopping, it seems. It's also vast, even if only part is actually fleshed out. At this point I'd be more surprised if the project fell apart.

e;

cis autodrag posted:

I dunno, part of the fun for me is what a poo poo show the games are out of the box. I'd enjoy seeing a town get wiped out because Bethesda made bad choices about vampires.

This exact thing happened to me when Dawnguard dropped. Strolled into Whiterun and some loving overpowered vampire is tearing poo poo up. End up with like half a dozen dead, including Jon Battle-Born as well as both Adrianne and Ulfberth, so :rip: my most used shop in the game.

It was great :yayclod:

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 25, 2017

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Tamriel Rebuilt is too real now, we have to start joking about Project Tamriel's chances instead.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

cis autodrag posted:

you don't even know how hosed you are. i am going to make you make so many friends, and you won't even know i was doing it. you'll get so close with them, share secrets, laughs, memories. you'll get old but never grow apart, and one day when you're in the hospital, enjoying your last moments with your best friend, only then will i remove my mask and whisper in your ear "you're so dumb"

Seen any elves? HA HA HA!

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Stuporstar posted:

This reminds me, I asked the previous TR team and they said go for it, but do you guys have plans for that empty island in the Boethia region that only has Pamashibabua Caverns under it? I thought it would be a great place for a player tower--if it remains empty.
We have no plans there, so go for it. The long-term Telvanni revamp ideas I've seen (for when after we have everything else done) don't even touch it.

Fair warning, though: one of the things we want to do for the September release this year is adding at least parts of a Mainland questpack, a centralisation of road and city markers into Tamriel_Data, carrying non- and not-very-controversial changes from TR_Travels over to the Mainland, as well as some moderate detailing changes to Telvannis (since we're already breaking things, might as well go for that). This will likely screw up deletions and edits to existing references. You'd be better off cutting that island out of the esm and pasting it back in later on, unless your deletions/editions are minor enough that they can be redone later on in case that's necessary.

Okay, so TR's storyline and main quest.

The story is largely the same one as in in vanilla Morrowind - colonisation, imperalisation, settlers vs. ashlanders, the slow decline of the Empire and the Houses.
Vvardenfell has a much bigger angle on colonisation, since it was only settled 13 years ago (ESO nonwithstanding, which has started to make really laughable Telvanni lore lately), temple holdings, Vivec, and the three house capital settlements nonwithstanding.

Since the mainland has the big, old settlements, a much bigger angle is played towards the decline and House conflicts. Vvardenfell for them is someone else's problem.

Old Ebonheart, the center of Imperial power, exists in its own little bubble that's slowly shrinking as the Empire is mentally packing up. The legion tried to enforce a quarantine on Vvardenfell recently, after the tax revolt in Balmora and a wave of assassinations of Imperials and Hlaalu (both canon events, but not talked about in-game), and failed miserably due to lack of political and military power. Varus Vantinius was sent to Vvardenfell in disgrace and everyone tries to pretend it didn't happen, but is sitting on egg shells.

At the same time, the Houses are coming into open conflict about the holdings around the Thirr river. House Hlaalu, at an all-time political high, is encroaching even further east into Indoril lands. When they tried to monopolize trade on Lake Andaram, they cut off Dres Horak, one of the two trade ports House Dres holds (Dres Horak is for other Dunmer, Tear is for Outlanders, the rest of the Dres clansteads are not welcoming to outsiders at all).

The Thirr conflict is a big thing and will have about the same impact as the vanilla main quest. But not a dedicated questline. TR's "main quests" are its faction questlines and extensions and addons to the vanilla main quest.

The Houses all have their own problems, which can be resolved if you join them and finish their questlines.
Hlaalu bit off a lot more than it could chew in the Thirr conflict, and has internal problems since it created its politics for other reasons than the current generations, and the old conspirators are still alive.
Indoril is choking on its traditions and strict internal divisions. It tied itself to the temple in a big way, and the current generation is still plagued by survivor's guilt after the armistice. Their holdings are being eaten away by the Hlaalu and they have nothing to show for it.
Telvanni is just a mess. Both the house and the planning for it. The idea that most of us agree on is that the Archmagister Dral hosed off in the beginning of the Third Era into his own pocket realm, and the House has been slowly devolving into its component parts since then.
Dres is of course embroiled in the Thirr conflict to the shock and surprise of Hlaalu, who didn't see it coming. They also made a lot of deals, the most prominent (and unknown) with the Hist and the Sload. And now the Sload are coming to collect.
Redoran is a house on a suicide mission. They failed miserably in the Arnesian war, and Bolvyn Venim has changed the capital to Ald-Ruhn to fight openly against the Blight. In the meantime, their ignored mainland holdings are under threat by Haafingar's High King, who is supporting an uprising of the Nail-Knock Reavers, a local Nord faction under Redoran rule that's a remnant of settlers from the First Empire.

I don't really know what the plans are for most of the Imperial factions.
The Thieves Guild will be embroiled in a gang war with the Camonna Tong on a large scale. The old head retired and the new one is turning the Guild into a mirror image of the CT in order to combat it, and it's not going well. A Daedric artefact is also involved (not the one you are expecting).
The Mages Guild pretty much has none I think. They keep doing their own thing, since Trebonius is such a tool.
The Imperial Archeological Societs will be a non-faction, you can do some questlines for them, but not actually join.
Drawing blank on the Fighter's Guild, the Imperial Cult, and the Legion.

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 25, 2017

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Node posted:

Seen any elves? HA HA HA!

I enjoyed this exchange. Now I'm going to ruin it by taking it seriously.

Dark Souls style upgrading fits Dark Souls because you're permanently destroying things for just a little power. You're tossing them into the metaphorical fire to drive back the metaphorical shadows. It doesn't fit Morrowind, where power comes from practice and exploration.

Given the bribe system, it'd be nice if you could give NPCs objects of value directly.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Atrayonis posted:

awesome TR lore n' poo poo

:awesome: I could read stuff like this all day.

Doc Hawkins posted:

I enjoyed this exchange. Now I'm going to ruin it by taking it seriously.

Dark Souls style upgrading fits Dark Souls because you're permanently destroying things for just a little power. You're tossing them into the metaphorical fire to drive back the metaphorical shadows. It doesn't fit Morrowind, where power comes from practice and exploration.

Given the bribe system, it'd be nice if you could give NPCs objects of value directly.

I didn't even have an opinion on it, I just wanted to post something stupid.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

cis autodrag posted:

i agree, but also please no one say "it should have a dark souls style upgrade system". i will find you and i will tell all your friends how dumb you are.

Nah, I don't agree.

I mean I don't think TES should literally adopt the Dark Souls +# system to armor, but I have always thought that each type of armor should have multiple tiers, if only because having to wear Daedric or Glass to be most effective in light or heavy armor is pretty limiting in terms of role playing. If I want to make a stereotypical knight in shining armor paladin character, I should be able to do that with a shiny set of steel armor and not have to fight the urge to wear Daedric for full effectiveness.

Each armor type would have a rating: Broken, worn, normal, reinforced, fine, extravagant, exquisite, or whatever, and in addition to being better at its job than the last, each higher level would appear more ornate and cool. Exquisite Steel would be just as effective as Exquisite Daedric. If I want to make a thief, I shouldn't have to go to glass, I should be able to eventually craft a set of Exquisite Leather armor and be good to go.

This may or may not fall in line with your view of the lore but I think it would be best for playing dressup in my fantasy sword and spell man, "live another life" TES video game.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Feb 25, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GreatGreen posted:

I mean I don't think TES should literally adopt the Dark Souls +# system to armor, but I have always thought that each type of armor should have multiple tiers, if only because having to wear Daedric or Glass to be most effective in light or heavy armor is pretty limiting in terms of role playing. If I want to make a stereotypical knight in shining armor paladin character, I should be able to do that with a shiny set of steel armor and not have to fight the urge to wear Daedric for full effectiveness.

Each armor type would have a rating: Broken, worn, normal, reinforced, fine, extravagant, exquisite, or whatever, and in addition to being better at its job than the last, each higher level would appear more ornate and cool. Exquisite Steel would be just as effective as Exquisite Daedric. If I want to make a thief, I shouldn't have to go to glass, I should be able to eventually craft a set of Exquisite Leather armor and be good to go.

But then you get the urge to wear a flawless glass armor set or whatever.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Atrayonis posted:

TR Lore Stuff

This is all so cool. Thank you so much for working on it.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Hey, just decided to reinstall Morrowind. Basically only using mods from the OP. But whenever I get to Sellus Gravius I get a weird never ending dialogue loop. Can anyone see the fuckup I've obviously made?

code:
Morrowind.esm
Tribunal.esm
Bloodmoon.esm
Texture Fix - Bloodmoon 1.1.esm
Morrowind Patch v1.6.5d_beta.esm
GOTYFullTidyZeroMPPv2.01.esm
Poorly Placed Object Fix 1.2.esm
Texture Fix 2.0.esm
Rise of House Telvanni.esm
LGNPC_NoLore.esp
Siege at Firemoth.esp
Armor Effects-LD 2.0-WD.esp
GOTYSTMPPPatchv1.0.esp
DB_Attack_Mod3.esp
SirLuthor-Tools.esp
Unique Banners and Signs.esp
Madd_Leveler - Madd Version.esp
Better Bodies.esp
Windows Glow.esp
Key Replacer Trib & BM.esp
ImprovedFollowers.esp
JEB_muffin_fix.esp
DXM_masterindex_journalfix.esp
Barabus' fireplaces 2.esp
Windows Glow - Tribunal Eng.esp
Fair Magicka Regen 2.0b.esp
Windows Glow - Bloodmoon Eng.esp
Book Jackets - Morrowind.esp
Book Jackets - Tribunal.esp
Book Jackets - Bloodmoon.esp
IceNioLivRobeReplacerPLUS.esp
Windows Glow - Raven Rock Eng.esp
WA_Signy_Signposts(!).ESP
Better Skulls.ESP
Particle Arrow Replacer.esp
Psy_VGR_Armour.esp
LGNPC_AldVelothi_v1_20.esp
MA_snowprincetomb_v3.esp
Vurt's Grazelands Trees.esp
AtmosphericSoundEffects-3.0-Tribunal.esp
abotWindowsGlow.esp
LGNPC_Aldruhn.esp
LGNPC_Aldruhn_suppl.esp
LGNPC_GnaarMok_v1_20.esp
LGNPC_HlaOad.esp
LGNPC_MaarGan.esp
LGNPC_Pelagiad.esp
LGNPC_TelMora_v1_30.esp
LGNPC_SeydaNeen.esp
LGNPC_Khuul_v2_21.esp
LGNPC_VivecFQ.esp
LGNPC_TelUvirith.esp
LGNPC_IndarysManor_v1_51.esp
LGNPC_VivecRedoran.esp
LGNPC_PaxRedoran_v1_20.esp
LGNPC_SoulSicknessPatch_v1_00.esp
Statue Replacer - Normal.esp
bones.esp
Bloated Caves.esp
Graphic Herbalism.esp
Shieldfx.esp
New Argonian Bodies - Clean.esp
New Khajiit Bodies - Clean.esp
NX9_dremora.esp
NX9_lesserdaedra.ESP
NX9_liches.esp
NX9_ghosts_wraiths.ESP
NX9_Guards_Complete.ESP
NX9_Atronach.ESP
Better Clothes_v1.1.esp
Fast Eddie Fix v .0001.esp
NX9_Ogrim_Twilight.ESP
NX9_daedra_Additions.ESP
NX9_daedra_Saints.ESP
NewBlood_MwTbBm1.1.esp
Building Up Uvirith's Legacy1.1.ESP
Illy's Solsteim Rumour Fix.esp
Neo's Unique Creatures.esp
Books of Vvardenfell.esp
BetterClothesForTB.esp
correctUV Ore Replacer 1.0.esp
More Better Clothes.ESP
Enchanted Weapon Variety BM.esp
ExcellentMagicSounds.esp
almalexia armor.esp
MQE_MainQuestEnhancers.ESP
Psy_UniqueDremora_T.esp
SpeedandStaminaExtra.ESP
Golden Gold.esp
PB_SmallerPotions.esp
New Voices.esp
guarskin_drum_replacer.esp
PB_SignpostsRetextured.esp
LeftGloves_Addon_v2.esp
Djangos Dialogue.ESP
UniqueFinery.esp
XE Sky Variations.esp
Unique Jewelry and Accessories.esp
master_index.esp
True_Lights_And_Darkness_1.0-NoDaylight.esp
Clean MCFC_1.0.esp
imperial chain fix.esp
UF_HortRobeF001.esp
Vurt's BC Tree Replacer II.esp
New Bodies - Clean.esp
Female Armor - Complete.esp
Better Weapons and Armors.esp
OTR_Coast_Variety.esp
STA_guides_replacer.esp
MW Containers Animated.esp
UL_BookJackets_Add-on.esp
Better_Sounds.esp
UL_MWSE_Companions_v2.esp
UL_3.5_RoHT_1.52_Add-on.esp
Uvirith's Legacy_3.51.esp

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
So, i finished Morrowind this week and will start Oblivion next. But it'd be really nice to have some mods on, because trying to make a good looking character in the editor gave me a panic attack.

Is there a thread like this but for Oblivion mods?

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Frionnel posted:

So, i finished Morrowind this week and will start Oblivion next. But it'd be really nice to have some mods on, because trying to make a good looking character in the editor gave me a panic attack.

Oblivion thread that's been abandoned for two years: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3310676

Oblivion Character Overhaul is the mod you want for less terrible-looking characters.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Frionnel posted:

Install Morroblivion and replay Morrowind in the Oblivion engine because gently caress Oblivion.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Install Morroblivion and replay Morrowind in the Oblivion engine because gently caress Oblivion.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So would I be good using just vanilla Morrowind with MGSO and nothing else or am I missing out on a step or two?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So would I be good using just vanilla Morrowind with MGSO and nothing else or am I missing out on a step or two?

You could do that but real pleasure comes from 3 days of downloading, installing, and configuring all those mods yourself.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
3 days as in 72 hours of work FYI!!!!!!!

But it is totally worth it. My current Morrowind build is stable and really awesome. Just need to add TR to it at some point, but I'm worried about patches and stuff.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Atrayonis posted:

We have no plans there, so go for it. The long-term Telvanni revamp ideas I've seen (for when after we have everything else done) don't even touch it.

Fair warning, though: one of the things we want to do for the September release this year is adding at least parts of a Mainland questpack, a centralisation of road and city markers into Tamriel_Data, carrying non- and not-very-controversial changes from TR_Travels over to the Mainland, as well as some moderate detailing changes to Telvannis (since we're already breaking things, might as well go for that). This will likely screw up deletions and edits to existing references. You'd be better off cutting that island out of the esm and pasting it back in later on, unless your deletions/editions are minor enough that they can be redone later on in case that's necessary.

I have to delete a few interior pieces to make room for the Telvanni teleportation pads everytime you guys update, so I know the drill. I try only to add things, only deleting if absolutely necessary, and don't make landmass changes, so I'll probably just plop the tower in a way that hides the trees on that hill rather than removing them.

I find that cave Pamashibabua really intriguing with that flaming Boethia head inside it. Are there ever going to be quests that take the player there, or can I just make up whatever?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

But then you get the urge to wear a flawless glass armor set or whatever.

But the idea is that all (max level) armor sets would be roughly equal in power and effectiveness. The way I'm imagining it, 'Exquisite' Leather is just as effective as 'Exquisite' Glass. This would mean that whatever you end up wearing ultimately becomes more of an aesthetic or thematic choice than a video game min/max choice, but you'd still have to do all the video gamey stuff to ultimately get there.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 25, 2017

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

GreatGreen posted:

But the idea is that all (max level) armor sets would be roughly equal in power and effectiveness. The way I'm imagining it, 'Exquisite' Leather is just as effective as 'Exquisite' Glass. This would mean that whatever you end up wearing ultimately becomes more of an aesthetic or thematic choice than a video game min/max choice, but you'd still have to do all the video gamey stuff to ultimately get there.

Doesn't that make all the cool unique hand placed armor worthless

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Atrayonis posted:

The good stuff

Just dropping by to say I'm glad you guys get it and you're a cool person for working on it. I kinda swamped with other stuff or I'd join myself.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Stuporstar posted:

I have to delete a few interior pieces to make room for the Telvanni teleportation pads everytime you guys update, so I know the drill. I try only to add things, only deleting if absolutely necessary, and don't make landmass changes, so I'll probably just plop the tower in a way that hides the trees on that hill rather than removing them.

I find that cave Pamashibabua really intriguing with that flaming Boethia head inside it. Are there ever going to be quests that take the player there, or can I just make up whatever?
Whoever made that and whatever plans might have been made are most likely no longer with TR. I'm asking around in any case, but I think revisiting this location is beyond our capacity so you can just make up whatever.

Edit: asked around. This turned up.

quote:

/17/2011 (20:20) TR_Map2.esm 11/29/2008 (21:37) HP_Besitzer TR_m2_horror_daedra_head Pamashibabua Cavern -679 -2341 2904 "this looks incredibly cheesy - just a taste thing I guess..."

kept it, added daedric sound chant for extra scaryness

--

I don't understand Pamashibabua Cavern. This place has, apart from the random daedra and the shining evil red face, nothing to see. Technically there is a nice ring hidden (TR_m2_ring_lightspeed), but it is hidden under a rock and not avaliable without cheating. Is this cave yet to be completed? (What do you think about hiding this ring in one of those red glowing eyes of the statue? Along with something else in the other eye?)

--

Topic: local area:
"I don't know much about this area. There isn't much to see, but stay away from the Pamashibabua cavern. There is a town with the name of Tel Mothrivra in the area."

--

TR_cr_dae_bat00000003 Pamashibabua Cavern -2102 2306 3224 "Still impossible to hit. Also, usually too large to be placed anywhere."
... in other words, no
Quibble about the Daedric Bat aside, that head is there because someone thought it was neat. Do as thou wilt.

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Just dropping by to say I'm glad you guys get it and you're a cool person for working on it. I kinda swamped with other stuff or I'd join myself.
Thanks! But much like SA isn't made up of EVE players, TR is not made up of cloistered, isolated people.
"Joining" TR is as easy as registering and posting stuff on the forums, reading up on the summaries of our weekly public dev meetings (6 PM GMT every Sunday), or just joining our Discord and hanging around.

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 26, 2017

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

GreatGreen posted:

Personally, I don't really like this, because I like that the wacky armor/weapon materials kind of says something about the setting, you know?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

cis autodrag posted:

Doesn't that make all the cool unique hand placed armor worthless

Nope, because it could have unique stats and unique magical enchantments, or maybe even custom textures and meshes.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Hey, just decided to reinstall Morrowind. Basically only using mods from the OP. But whenever I get to Sellus Gravius I get a weird never ending dialogue loop. Can anyone see the fuckup I've obviously made?

Figured it out. It was Uvirith's Legacy MWSE companion addon.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Mountaineer posted:

Oblivion thread that's been abandoned for two years: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3310676

Oblivion Character Overhaul is the mod you want for less terrible-looking characters.

Thanks! At some level i feel wrong for modding away the ugliness, like i'm missing the full experience, but nahh.

Millennial Sexlord posted:

But touching the poop is fun!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Oblivion is hilarious, because I literally need to mod it to the engine limits to get a decent, playable game. Morrowind just needs a ton of visual updates.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Gyshall posted:

Oblivion is hilarious, because I literally need to mod it to the engine limits to get a decent, playable game. Morrowind just needs a ton of visual updates.

Well, there are some audio updates I really can't play Morrowind without now.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=pKKggbVqsF0

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Figured it out. It was Uvirith's Legacy MWSE companion addon.

Was it loaded after the main mod? Because dialogue losing its speaker tags is something that happens when the dialogue is loaded before the NPC it's assigned to. Just want to know whether I have to fix a bug or not.

Atrayonis posted:

Whoever made that and whatever plans might have been made are most likely no longer with TR. I'm asking around in any case, but I think revisiting this location is beyond our capacity so you can just make up whatever.

Edit: asked around. This turned up.

Quibble about the Daedric Bat aside, that head is there because someone thought it was neat. Do as thou wilt.

Cool. I noticed the cave needed a bit of work, but I can probably work around what's already there.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

There's a mod that replaces all of Oblivion's tree textures with jungle ones and some of the architecture with more east asian designs, that actually does a lot for its aesthetic imo

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Fuligin posted:

There's a mod that replaces all of Oblivion's tree textures with jungle ones and some of the architecture with more east asian designs, that actually does a lot for its aesthetic imo

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45960/

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Stuporstar posted:

Was it loaded after the main mod? Because dialogue losing its speaker tags is something that happens when the dialogue is loaded before the NPC it's assigned to. Just want to know whether I have to fix a bug or not.

I think it was loaded after, but I'm honestly not confident in that. Sorry.

Semi-mental
Feb 5, 2007
You must be a couple of pansies
Just got a pc again for the first time a few years and I'm keen to get my morrowind fix.

Is there anything I need to know about installing on windows 10? I have two disk copies but I'm not averse to buying it again on steam/gog if one of those would be easier to use and mod. (And indeed would prefer a digital copy if it's not too much hassle as I only have an external optical drive).

A cursory google search seems to suggest that some people have resolution/full screen issues, but for others it seems to work ok. Any advice gratefully received!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Semi-mental posted:

Just got a pc again for the first time a few years and I'm keen to get my morrowind fix.

Is there anything I need to know about installing on windows 10? I have two disk copies but I'm not averse to buying it again on steam/gog if one of those would be easier to use and mod. (And indeed would prefer a digital copy if it's not too much hassle as I only have an external optical drive).

A cursory google search seems to suggest that some people have resolution/full screen issues, but for others it seems to work ok. Any advice gratefully received!

everything works fine on w10

if you had to pick a digital option pick gog 110%, if you edit the steam exe its a pain in the rear end but gog's doesn't care because it's DRM free

Semi-mental
Feb 5, 2007
You must be a couple of pansies

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

everything works fine on w10

if you had to pick a digital option pick gog 110%, if you edit the steam exe its a pain in the rear end but gog's doesn't care because it's DRM free

Awesome, thanks!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I had zero problems using my CD base copy and expansions. The only tricky thing was that I didn't know the expansion order, installed out of order, which meant that the final morrowind patch wouldn't install, which meant MGSO didn't want to run, so I had to reinstall everything in the right order. That was a pain, but no compatibility issues, which surprised me given its age, i've had no end of issues with lots of other games from this era.

Riot Bimbo fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 1, 2017

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Atrayonis posted:

Thanks! But much like SA isn't made up of EVE players, TR is not made up of cloistered, isolated people.
"Joining" TR is as easy as registering and posting stuff on the forums, reading up on the summaries of our weekly public dev meetings (6 PM GMT every Sunday), or just joining our Discord and hanging around.

I just wanna say again, over a decade ago I was trolling the poo poo out of TR, but now I feel the complete opposite. The work you guys are doing is awesome. Don't hurry for anybody. Keep up the great work on a legendary game.

I used to mod Morrowind, mainly .esps just for myself, and I knew how to do pretty much anything in the editor (except make scripts, I don't get that poo poo.) I don't have the energy to do that today, but a part of me wishes I did.

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

It is only logical to bang one's head

There's this too: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46118/

IIRC it has more variety in terms of flora. It also adds additional groundcover meshes (more grass & ferns and poo poo, basically) for that jungle feeling, but that obviously impacts performance so YMMV. There's a jungle ambience sound mod by the same author too.

I've tried to mod Oblivion to not be generic fantasyland, but even with the various stability mods/ENBoost or whatever, it still performs incredibly poorly and crashes if you look at it funny, so I usually give up halfway through. Polishing a turd etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Node posted:

I just wanna say again, over a decade ago I was trolling the poo poo out of TR, but now I feel the complete opposite. The work you guys are doing is awesome. Don't hurry for anybody. Keep up the great work on a legendary game.

I used to mod Morrowind, mainly .esps just for myself, and I knew how to do pretty much anything in the editor (except make scripts, I don't get that poo poo.) I don't have the energy to do that today, but a part of me wishes I did.

it's pretty easy to learn, every bit helps

but if you had to pick something to learn learn to 3d model lol they need a ton of that