Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
A liberal is a conservative who's never been mugged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

A liberal is a conservative who's never been mugged

a liberal has been mugged, burgled and jumped only to have the police laugh in their face about it

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Turns out Trumps not really hosed at all.

Weird.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:yikes:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
lol if you don't think your emperor doesn't have a disgusting piss fetish.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

WatermelonGun posted:

lol if you don't think your emperor doesn't have a disgusting piss fetish.

whats remarkable is that the piss thing doesnt even make the top 20 of horrible stuff about the guy. He's great at drawing attention from congress

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Haverchuck posted:

a liberal has been mugged, burgled and jumped only to have the police laugh in their face about it

My coworker had her apartment robbed and then when the police came they took a statement, but when she said that their Xbox had been stolen the cops went over and started looking around and then finally determined there had never been an XBox there since they couldn't see a dust outline of one lmao besides that they didn't do anything

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

My coworker had her apartment robbed and then when the police came they took a statement, but when she said that their Xbox had been stolen the cops went over and started looking around and then finally determined there had never been an XBox there since they couldn't see a dust outline of one lmao besides that they didn't do anything

most of those types of stories ive heard the cops are just bored and annoyed to be there

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
typical government workers amirite!

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
the frog men are powerful indeed

T.S. Smelliot posted:

You are both really ignorant wrt the actual realities of like, every demographic I've seen you attempt to describe itt as well as the actual life circumstances they deal with yet your smug know it all tone despite complete lack of factual or even anecdotal experience belies some sort of false fourthhand "scholarship" position you take when arguing here but lol as if that will stop your self righteous eurocrusade
woa there bud, im p fukken white; i know what its like

for example, once i asked someone on an airplane if they had fare for the TTC that they didn't mind sparing, and they threw a $50 bill at me instead and told me to keep the change

also im not european just fyi. me and my comrades were even pulled to work on bernie's campaign back when it was a thing. not as technologically advanced as obama's, but, you know, not every campaign can have ipads that give you individualized talking points based on the specific demographics that correlate the house address you're at (it was a cool tech)

crime weed fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 25, 2017

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

iuvian posted:

Hmm people who literally reported that Trump paid women to pee on a bed that Obama slept on as some sort of revenge weren't invited to the White House snack party?

Better go post 1000 times in D&D about it.

i was listening to npr today and they made a smarmy comment about 'the new york times, cnn, and politico' being barred from the conference and i literally laughed out loud irl

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
For far too long too many have been unwittingly a cult of personality for corporations and the corporate media conglomerates interests. Trump is trying to fix that brainwashing while all the places like CNN and independent.co.uk, and NYT will continue to make up false narratives, faked outrage, fabricated "unverified" stories and other tried and true mental distraction techniques.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
man, i wish the political party i work for here in canada owned media outlets like all the cool parties do

all we have is garbage like NOW magazine

does anyone know who to contact to get in on the leftist media conspiracy? thanks in advance!

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Poetic Justice posted:

Trump is trying to fix that brainwashing

oh my god

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

He's certainly not going to succeed with that attitude!

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
lol Trump's cucked

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Nowadays the left is all about tearing people down (Trump), while the right is all about building things up (the wall)!

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
ITT: Retards try and doublethink that Trump who appoints wallstreet executives to his cabinet is the hero of the common man and is "defeating" wall street by rolling back regulations (that Hillary would have kept) so that they can lose their house in the near future.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
also based on T.S Smelliot's description, I don't think he has actually been around a "whacky tobacky cigarette"

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I've been a white male all my life and never been negatively impacted by SJWs, at least to the point where I cared. Yet the internet seems to suggest I've lived a charmed life on that front. Sure, there have been some obnoxious protesters I've had to share space with, but that's the least of my problems. And those protesters were against the Iraq War when I was still for it, so egg on my face.

Had a lot of classes with a Palestinian feminist that was a bit terse on some subjects, but considering what the white-supremacist dragonkin that sat next to us in class put her through I can't blame her. Been mugged by a meth addict once, but that comes with the territory in Indiana. I like the local hunting and hiking scene, so it's nobody's fault but mine that I'm still here.

Sorry about Mike Pence by the by. Kinda voted for his predecessor and enabled that creepy bastard. I also shook his cold, clammy hand once at an event where he talked mad poo poo about HIV-prevention programs right before we had our outbreak. We're also responsible for a lot of Big Pharma money going into the renewed war on marijuana.

TLDR: "Crossroads of America" is a trap. Stay out of Indiana. Once you see the first billboard toting an anti-evolution crisis hotline it's already too late.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Grammarchist posted:

I've been a white male all my life and never been negatively impacted by SJWs, at least to the point where I cared. Yet the internet seems to suggest I've lived a charmed life on that front. Sure, there have been some obnoxious protesters I've had to share space with, but that's the least of my problems. And those protesters were against the Iraq War when I was still for it, so egg on my face.

Had a lot of classes with a Palestinian feminist that was a bit terse on some subjects, but considering what the white-supremacist dragonkin that sat next to us in class put her through I can't blame her. Been mugged by a meth addict once, but that comes with the territory in Indiana. I like the local hunting and hiking scene, so it's nobody's fault but mine that I'm still here.

Sorry about Mike Pence by the by. Kinda voted for his predecessor and enabled that creepy bastard. I also shook his cold, clammy hand once at an event where he talked mad poo poo about HIV-prevention programs right before we had our outbreak. We're also responsible for a lot of Big Pharma money going into the renewed war on marijuana.

TLDR: "Crossroads of America" is a trap. Stay out of Indiana. Once you see the first billboard toting an anti-evolution crisis hotline it's already too late.

You seem like a pretty cool dude. Indiana seems kinda lovely.

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013
https://www.tio-goodbad.info/

Alternative facts?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Grammarchist posted:

entire careers have been built around fostering outrage over the shadow of the sjw -- there are these weekly youtube peanut galleries where the hosts grab whatever outrageous stories they can find that week (and thee's always outrageous poo poo going on in the internet) and slap on some labels:

its like conservative talk radio, except with more cartoon animal avatars

crime weed fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Feb 25, 2017

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

This thread fuckin' sucks and that's a hill I am willing to die on.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Mozi posted:

thread title should be changed to 'we're all hosed'

these are the final days of our empire, haha

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

It is difficult to take a global hegemon seriously when your leader is a functional illiterate. Is there a real difference between someone who can't read and someone who demands that everything they do read be one page long and limited to nine or ten bullet points?

It's like he won't read anything unless it's below the reading level of a Cracked.Com article.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

nigga crab pollock posted:

i was listening to npr today and they made a smarmy comment about 'the new york times, cnn, and politico' being barred from the conference and i literally laughed out loud irl
this is a perfectly healthy reaction to a president who has zero tolerance whatsoever to a press that isn't cupping his balls at all times, and not a disgusting and scary one

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

"Listen steve if this poo poo can't be explained in five points I don't care do whatever you want."

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

WatermelonGun posted:

You seem like a pretty cool dude. Indiana seems kinda lovely.

Thanks. Indiana has a charm to it, but family and memories are my only real ties to the place. The parks and caves are beautiful, but some idiot brought an infectious fungus to the area and a lot of our caves are closed to keep at least some bats alive. I grew up on the Ohio River and some of the older union workers around there have great stories, and some semblance of the spirit of solidarity. That's not the case with their replacements, sadly.

My maternal grandfather has both feet in the grave, but he's clinging to the mortal plane with his walker and calling Trump a "whiny bitch" all the way down. My paternal grandfather would have almost certainly been a Trump die hard, but he lost a fist fight with an oil derrick before I was born. One of my first jobs was operating oil wells in the same area where he died, which was a little awkward. Never did find the rig that killed him to get revenge.

I actually do sympathize (a bit) with the religious community angry that unoccupied homes are falling apart left and right while the young move off to live in cities. The trouble is they also don't like the nice Pakistani couple that moved in to the neighborhood and actually fixed up one eyesore to be quite nice. A few are putting two and two together, but the rest are... well... economically anxious about the derelict gas station's new management.

The day after Obama left office a convicted sex offender, who had previously led the Young Republicans chapter in the area, opened his years-in-the-making new enterprise in town, a tanning salon. Naturally, this was treated as proof that Trump was bringing jobs back.

For all I talk poo poo about it, I do like Indiana. Sure, we spearheaded the second coming of the Klan and it's infiltration of the State GOP with D.C. Stephenson, but we also had people like George R. Dale whose tenure at the Muncie Post -Democrat helped bring him down. He essentially mocked the old puppetmaster until his rapes, corruption, bribery, intimidations and other crimes, culminating in murder, finally mattered to voters.

I rather like his satire of Klan recruitment drives:
"Ain't it grand to be a one-hundred percent American and wear your wife's nightie and a mother goose cap and skalahoot around the country at night on wind broken pug? It's getting a hell of a lot for ten bucks."

(Ten bucks was the cost for the official Klan robe. Though Stephenson probably would have been a prolific shitposter here if given the chance.)

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

WatermelonGun posted:

Like even if smelliot wasn't a ludicrous right wing moron he's such a smug piece of poo poo about everything he would still deserve to get gulaged

Fixed.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Why gulag someone when there's perfectly good walls to line them up against gently caress you guys aren't thinking long term.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

The wall with the bullet embedded in it that killed Stephen Bannon would be a tourist attraction for generations and generate untold state revenue

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
You guys are irl brainwashed as gently caress, and Trump is going to redpill you. If the lizard people don't eat you first, that is.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
My bad, lets talk about how he likes to be pissed on, and THE RUSSIANS have proof. . .or was it CNN? Or was it the New York Times? Which publication was posting unverified rumors like the National Enquirer again, just because they didn't like the president? Remind me please.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I have it on good authority that you're a dipshit and also should be killed. RIP comrade :(

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Poetic Justice posted:

You guys are irl brainwashed as gently caress, and Trump is going to redpill you. If the lizard people don't eat you first, that is.

Poetic Justice posted:

My bad, lets talk about how he likes to be pissed on, and THE RUSSIANS have proof. . .or was it CNN? Or was it the New York Times? Which publication was posting unverified rumors like the National Enquirer again, just because they didn't like the president? Remind me please.
Is this mic on?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

NomChompsky posted:

I have it on good authority that you're a dipshit and also should be killed. RIP comrade :(

yeah but you post in cspam, so your mind is broken

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Knight posted:

Is this mic on?

How many BS media articles is it gonna take you for your eyes to be woke, brah? You guys have literally turned into the Teaparty."The electoral college needs to be abolished!" "Trump loves to be pissed on!" "Trump is a Russian plant!"

Sound familiar?

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Feb 25, 2017

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

Tell us more, dude who leapt to a white nationalists defense.

Like part of me feels bad for Smelliot cuz he's clearly PTSD'd to gently caress and can't not be a monster anymore since he's disassociated from reality but you're just loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

Tell us more, dude who leapt to a white nationalists defense.

Like part of me feels bad for Smelliot cuz he's clearly PTSD'd to gently caress and can't not be a monster anymore since he's disassociated from reality but you're just loving stupid.

what white nationlist did I defend again? Remind me please.

edit: I'll patiently wait for your reply. . .

• Locked thread