Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

my keyboard is finally dying

what do I buy for a pro gay ming keyboard

type heaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Luigi Thirty posted:

Paging Echi

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

hifi posted:

type heaven

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

kinesis advantage 2

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

whatever you buy, dnt get cherry mx red/blue or their deviations

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

oh and i guess i can shill my noppo choc mini 84, v satisfied with it

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Luigi Thirty posted:

jef fatwood's chode keyboard with cherry mx clears "tenkeyless"

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Make sure you have a sysreq key.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
having a 10key is very important for ganes

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Luigi Thirty posted:

unicomp

comedy option: 20 year old oem keyboard with craptastic acer alps knockoff switches

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
if i call frontier and threaten to cancel can i bully the rep into giving me a "new customer" discount for staying, or do they have like zero power to offer any incentives to keep customers

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

if i call frontier and threaten to cancel can i bully the rep into giving me a "new customer" discount for staying, or do they have like zero power to offer any incentives to keep customers

figure out if you have an option to switch to and look up their new customer discount

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

if your local cableco offers a 30 day money back guarantee sign up for cable internet, have it installed, terminate the frontier service, order new frontier service 2 weeks later, have it installed, and then terminate the cableco service before the initial 30 days to get a full refund and no gap in internet access at home

i do this with verizon/comcast ever 2 years for myself and family

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Or just go cable full time because Frontier is garbage and the only thing worse is Fairpoint

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i love my big symmetrical pipe too much to walk away from it though

mishaq posted:

if your local cableco offers a 30 day money back guarantee sign up for cable internet, have it installed, terminate the frontier service, order new frontier service 2 weeks later, have it installed, and then terminate the cableco service before the initial 30 days to get a full refund and no gap in internet access at home

i do this with verizon/comcast ever 2 years for myself and family

does the refund include the installation fee? b/c if so that sounds like a plan

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i love my big symmetrical pipe too much to walk away from it though

cable internet sucks, fat telco pipes are where its at

does the refund include the installation fee? b/c if so that sounds like a plan

yep!

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

my big symmetrical pipe

mods

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

fishmech posted:

Or just go cable full time because Frontier is garbage and the only thing worse is Fairpoint
comcast is not better

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

why won't stupid photos.app on macos import all my awesome jepgs this is bullshit stupid software why won't it import my cool photos of my god drat children taken on a non apple camera device even though they are still jpegs?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

solution: not using photos.app

but picasa isn't supported anymore

still going to use it.

gently caress you.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
thats what image capture is for, op

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

wat

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I have a folder of photos from decades past. all in JPEG. photos.app won't import them because it is a fucker stupid software so I won't use lol no cloud for you apple but nah why? why not import? iPhoto took them happy as man

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i have never had a problem with computers

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

oh i thought you were trying to get photos off of a camera

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I have a folder of photos from decades past. all in JPEG. photos.app won't import them because it is a fucker stupid software so I won't use lol no cloud for you apple but nah why? why not import? iPhoto took them happy as man

does it not do drag and dropping the folder into the app? i dont know since i dont use it but thats how most app stuff works now. basically import dialogs are mean old things and they visibly anger me

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

atomicthumbs posted:

i have never had a problem with computers
do you mean because the computers have a problem with you

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Agile Vector posted:

does it not do drag and dropping the folder into the app? i dont know since i dont use it but thats how most app stuff works now. basically import dialogs are mean old things and they visibly anger me

Yeah you can drag and drop but it doesn't import them just spins a bit and then goes naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah gently caress ya

So I get mad at the inanimate object.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Yeah you can drag and drop but it doesn't import them just spins a bit and then goes naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah gently caress ya

So I get mad at the inanimate object.

drat that sucks :(

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I mean it doesn't really suck, because I can just keep using the folders and upload to :yayclod: if I want

It just gives me another reason not to use the most advanced photo management system on the most advanced operating system yet. If it imported my photos well then I'd use it I think and possibly would have paid for icloud oh well

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
lightroom is confusing but it at least does the needful w/r/t loading photos

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how is it confusing

i mean they keep adding a lot of poo poo i dont want or need but the basics are good

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Silver Alicorn posted:

having a 10key is very important for ganes

yes very important for actuary simulator 2k14

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
anything money related requires ten key like all the tyime. like invoicing mother fuckers. getting paid. it all reuire 120jken

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i can touch type symbols but not the numbers

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Corla Plankun posted:

lightroom is confusing but it at least does the needful w/r/t loading photos

yeah but $20 a month no thanks

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
right so i just got a new deece printer for the business. this one can connect directly to the wired network with a network cable. is this the MOST superior method I could use? alternatives are leave it on wifi (bogus) or connect via usb so everything goes through one compy

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

echinopsis posted:

right so i just got a new deece printer for the business. this one can connect directly to the wired network with a network cable. is this the MOST superior method I could use? alternatives are leave it on wifi (bogus) or connect via usb so everything goes through one compy

connecting it directly to ethernet is the most reliable for a printer meant to be shared among multiple computers on a regular basis.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

echinopsis posted:

the correct option is to put it on your network and connect it to your print server and have all your clients print to the print server

but we all know you're not going to bother doing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

raspi print server was the most pro low cost print server ive had, but the last time i needed a wide format on a server was never so back to one network printer and a wide format directly when i need sweet tabloid prints