Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
croc suit
Nov 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
white people not wanting to become a minority in their own country is a bad thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Spangly A posted:

I'm honestly not sure how all the nurses aren't dead yet.

I'm a ghost

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

croc suit posted:

white people not wanting to become a minority in their own country is a bad thing

That's not a thing that is happening or ever likely to happen though. You loving idiot.

croc suit
Nov 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Namtab posted:

That's not a thing that is happening or ever likely to happen though. You loving idiot.

If you're completely oblivious to demographic projections then yeah i guess?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

this thread, lol

Looke fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 25, 2017

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

croc suit posted:

It's not a "white" country. Skin colour has nothing to do with national identity. Skin colour does, in fact, have very little to do with anything, anything at all.

I guess except whose racists you're palatable to.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

croc suit posted:

I'm oblivious to racism

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Spangly A posted:

This is not the same thing a a government attempting to exert external controls beyond their borders.

'snot though

UK trainee doctoring requires a posting at a UK hospital. those are very much under domestic control. You can always doctor elsewhere, the government won't stop you, good luck paying your way though.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

jBrereton posted:

It's part of the problem but the other part is a combination of politics and economics. British doctors are wanted everywhere and they're smart enough to know they're wanted. Jeremy Hunt sees them as a resource, which is why there is going to be a short-term ban on them working outside the country after their training is done (not unreasonable, but everything he touches is despised).

As a doctor, gently caress you for thinking that going through all that training should lead to indentured servitude to the NHS. Trying to force doctors to work for this country rather than attracting them is an ugly, ugly idea that goes completely against the principle of solidarity between working people.

Not to mention the only way to enforce it would be to come after doctors with debt collectors if they ever came back to the UK. Good job encouraging talented people to emigrate and never return.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

If everyone in britain was suddenly black it would still be britain except possibly better because there might be less racists.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
eurabia demographic panic is interesting in the same thread of discussion as norn iron

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

croc suit posted:

The demographic projections you are talking about are garbage.

croc suit
Nov 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

spectralent posted:

If everyone in britain was suddenly black it would still be britain except possibly better because there might be less racists.

Are you talking about the name on the map, because that can be changed too!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
See the not racist thing to say would be "the indigenous population of a country not wanting to become a minority"

I have never not once been told that I don't belong here or that I'm destroying the British way of life even though I'm a filthy immigrant, but I guess it's ok because I'm white and from Australia and have been here since I was a baby so don't have an accent.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

ronya posted:

eurabia demographic panic is interesting in the same thread of discussion as norn iron

I am far too easily triggered by idiots

ronya posted:

'snot though

UK trainee doctoring requires a posting at a UK hospital. those are very much under domestic control. You can always doctor elsewhere, the government won't stop you, good luck paying your way though.

So the central point is either Hunt is discussing something that already happens (domestic training) or genuinely claiming he's going to bar qualified MDs from going to work elsewhere, which he can't do.

learnincurve posted:

See the not racist thing to say would be "the indigenous population of a country not wanting to become a minority"

I have never not once been told that I don't belong here or that I'm destroying the British way of life even though I'm a filthy immigrant, but I guess it's ok because I'm white and from Australia and have been here since I was a baby so don't have an accent.

Australia was colonised by working class whites, you guys are the darling idol of UKIP.

Spangly A fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 25, 2017

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

croc suit posted:

It won't be, you racist oval office.

croc suit
Nov 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

learnincurve posted:

Tell me where white people in Australia come from?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Take those demographic projections that show white people becoming a minority in fifty or a hundred years and take away the Browns and what do you get? Oh a population that is basically entirely old people.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Spangly A posted:

I am far too easily triggered by idiots

So the central point is either Hunt is discussing something that already happens (domestic training) or genuinely claiming he's going to bar qualified MDs from going to work elsewhere, which he can't do.

It's the latter, hunt wants the latter

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I suppose it ties in with whether you believe British culture is intrinsic to skin colour and genetics, and is basically a pure strain thing that can only be diluted by foreigners.

But you'd have to be a pretty terrible person to believe something like that!

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

croc suit posted:

Please elaborate on what damage you think a majority of people in the UK having slightly more melanin in their skin in twenty years would do to either the country or white people in it.

(We're politely assuming that this is a thing that will happen, and not total bullshit, but if anyone's unclear it is definitely the last one)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

croc suit posted:

You are aware that it's not just the decendants of the British who live there right? Half my family out there are Dutch smart arse.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

croc suit posted:

Your mum

croc suit
Nov 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

learnincurve posted:

You are aware that it's not just the decendants of the British who live there right? Half my family out there are Dutch smart arse.

So uhhh, white european? lol

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Namtab posted:

It's the latter, hunt wants the latter

I'd love to see the brexit negotiation where they tell Barnier that EU states aren't allowed to hire British doctors but we'll continue to steal everyone elses.

croc suit
Nov 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jeza posted:

I suppose it ties in with whether you believe British culture is intrinsic to skin colour and genetics, and is basically a pure strain thing that can only be diluted by foreigners.

But you'd have to be a pretty terrible person to believe something like that!

I dont give a poo poo about "british culture"

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

*IF* you think that long term demographic projections are legit it would seem to me that a country of old white people being supported by younger working brown people is rather obviously a better future than a country of old white people supported by *nobody*. I think if you rather die than live off taxes paid by browns then you might be a little bit racist

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.

Spangly A posted:

he can saddle posting positions with big £££ bill, which is then waived if a service term is fulfilled - this is the typical way of things internationally, e.g.

the price of default would be a big angry note on your credit report, presumably. Which might not matter if you're some bloke living hand-to-mouth, but if you're a consultant earning consultant pay (or at least hope to eventually become one), earning incomes which will typically be in excess of the top rate, you will certainly have income and assets on the hook

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Spangly A posted:

I'd love to see the brexit negotiation where they tell Barnier that EU states aren't allowed to hire British doctors but we'll continue to steal everyone elses.

The way he has suggested doing it would be to saddle newly qualified doctors with hundreds of thousands of pounds of debt, which can be 'forgiven' in exchange for many years of service to the NHS. Leave the country and they will try and come after you for the money.

If it operates the same way as student loans the only effect it would have would be to prevent doctors that emigrate from ever coming back.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

croc suit posted:

Then there's even less reason to be worried about the mixing of the races unless you're a racist? :psyduck:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

croc suit posted:

So uhhh, white european? lol

Wut? You think the Dutch and other white Europeans such as the Poles are more likely to integrate into British society than who exactly?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Can't imagine what life would be like living in constant fear that I may see a black person, or that my child brought a middle eastern partner home

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

spectralent posted:

Then there's even less reason to be worried about the mixing of the races unless you're a racist? :psyduck:

:ssh: he is

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

croc suit posted:

So you just think skin colour matters or what? Like, white people are just better because they are white? Or is this some kind of genetics thing, like Western Europeans have superior genes and brains?

croc suit
Nov 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fangz posted:

*IF* you think that long term demographic projections are legit it would seem to me that a country of old white people being supported by younger working brown people is rather obviously a better future than a country of old white people supported by *nobody*. I think if you rather die than live off taxes paid by browns then you might be a little bit racist

Im sure young muslim men love cleaning up old white peoples poo poo for 30 years

croc suit
Nov 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jeza posted:

So you just think skin colour matters or what? Like, white people are just better because they are white? Or is this some kind of genetics thing, like Western Europeans have superior genes and brains?

Why do they need to be better? than what exactly, what the gently caress are you talking about.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Like, seriously I'm real confused because the usual dodge here is "I don't have a problem with #race, but they don't share our culture". If you don't give a poo poo about culture, what's wrong with people looking slightly different?

If it's somehow slipped you by, I can assure you any genetic differences between people are marginal, at best.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

croc suit posted:

Im sure young muslim men love cleaning up old white peoples poo poo for 30 years

That's what having a job means, yes.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm just so scared that I might see more brown people than white people and it'll matter because Brown people are WORSE and don't LOOK LIKE ME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

croc suit posted:

Why do they need to be better? than what exactly, what the gently caress are you talking about.

Well you're the one contesting that non-white immigration to the UK is threatening white people. And you don't think that culture is relevant, so in order for what you think to be coherent, you have to think that non-white people are inferior. Or you'd be happy that they were coming.

• Locked thread