Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
So I mentioned I was working on a thing and that I needed suggestions on something like a week ago. I finished it, it's a youtube video. I didn't use any of your suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HelTA_9zSlQ

It may or may not be a thing you enjoy, but here it is anyway. Last time I posted one of these I got some good advice which I tried to incorporate, so hopefully it's better than that at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Having that at the top of the page makes me feel self conscious but oh well.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

Golden Battler posted:

Having that at the top of the page makes me feel self conscious but oh well.
good

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

don't bully pls

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Golden Battler posted:

So I mentioned I was working on a thing and that I needed suggestions on something like a week ago. I finished it, it's a youtube video. I didn't use any of your suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HelTA_9zSlQ

It may or may not be a thing you enjoy, but here it is anyway. Last time I posted one of these I got some good advice which I tried to incorporate, so hopefully it's better than that at least.

what the internet really needs is more youtube videos about sword art online

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Endorph posted:

what the internet really needs is more youtube videos about sword art online

It's true.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Woke up early for some reason, decided to kill part of my morning watching episode 5 of Symphogear GX.

I hope our heroines are allowed to at least fight to a draw now that they have new Gears. Maybe I'm just misremembering the previous two seasons, but it doesn't feel like either of them spent so long having the Symphogears just get their asses kicked. I'm pretty sure basically every encounter with the Autoscorers so far has ended in either total, debilitating defeat or the Autoscorers getting bored and leaving before they could win. I seem to remember the Symphogears getting more licks in back when they were facing off with Chris or FIS.

Also a little leery of what they might be setting up with Hibiki's Dad. I really hope he's just a traumatizing rear end in a top hat and not the SECRET MASTERMIND BEHIND EVERYTHING. Giving Hibiki a lovely deadbeat dad she doesn't talk about feels perfectly reasonable. I'm not sure if there's a way to make him actively In On It three seasons in that won't feel like contrivance.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Between having watched both seasons at least twice (once by myself, another time with my daughter) and havin read most of the novels(usually right after she's done reading them) I can confidently say that Reki Kawahara does have some neat ideas as a writer but he fucks up more often than not. Also, the whole Alicization arc is loving terrible.

You'll be fine

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Wark Say posted:

Between having watched both seasons at least twice (once by myself, another time with my daughter) and havin read most of the novels(usually right after she's done reading them) I can confidently say that Reki Kawahara does have some neat ideas as a writer but he fucks up more often than not. Also, the whole Alicization arc is loving terrible.

That's basically what I was getting at.

I've heard a little bit about the Alicization arc and it, again, sounded kinda neat but also probably bad. AI stuff is neat but SAO is probably not the best vehicle for exploring it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Wark Say posted:

You'll be fine

Good to hear.

And just so I'm not being a total wet blanket, I will say that I really appreciate Kirika and Shirabe's screentime so far this season. Their duet is really good, too. Although, again, I was really hoping the two of them together could at least make Evil Cat Girl sweat a little bit instead of getting curbstomped and depowered. Tsubasa and Chris better kick her rear end next episode.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Happy birthday to Hanazawa Kana.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Golden Battler posted:

That's basically what I was getting at.

I've heard a little bit about the Alicization arc and it, again, sounded kinda neat but also probably bad. AI stuff is neat but SAO is probably not the best vehicle for exploring it.
Basically, look at KonoSuba and Re:Zero. While both series have some actual problems (less with KonoSuba since, parody and all, Akatsuki seems really invested in making the goofy world Kazuma ends up in fairly consistent), they accomplish the task without completely breaking your suspension of disbelief. And they're all the more funny/satisfying/horrifying because of it.

Basically, Reki Kawahara is the Orange Kid, while Natsume Akatsuki and Teppei Nagatsuki are the Apple Kid and Jeff Andonuts... who's who in those latter two is up to you. :buddy:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Wark Say posted:

Basically, Reki Kawahara is the Orange Kid, while Natsume Akatsuki and Teppei Nagatsuki are the Apple Kid and Jeff Andonuts... who's who in those latter two is up to you. :buddy:

It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out what you were referencing. I haven't played EB in so long.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Golden Battler posted:

It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out what you were referencing. I haven't played EB in so long.

I only remembered it myself because a few months ago I remembered that the New Nintendo 3DS has some of the Wii/Wii U Super Nintendo catalog, including Earthbound, which at the time I think it ended up costing me like 6 bucks. Great game. :allears:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Destroy Umaru.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nitrousoxide posted:

What little gremlin is this?

D.Va

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Me hopefully soon

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
UMR vs TSF

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
is you're under arrest an anime created to be everything i like

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ranzear posted:

I'm trying, but I can't get past the fact that she has regular human ears too.

There's an actual lore reason behind it

Also yes Friend's is seeming like it might end up having Deep Lore after recent episodes

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

More like poomaru

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Do not quote crying umaru at me thank you in advance

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

im raising the touhou tax

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Matoi Ryuko posted:

im raising the touhou tax

Ah, a minimum of 1 Touhou picture for every page, got it 😉

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Julias posted:

Ah, a minimum of 1 Touhou picture for every page, got it 😉

I'm consulting my advisors

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Colonel posted:

I was just thinking yesterday how much I miss that show and Patlabor. We need a new police anime; Kawaii Five-Oh, or something.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

The Colonel posted:

I remember not liking the later(last?) seasons as much, but hell yeah YUA is great

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Zen-oh, obviously

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

All of them

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

a kitten posted:

I love her

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

I bet she could beat the farmer from the first ep. He has a gun but she got really buff from carrying her keyboard around everywhere. It evens out.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tonight feels like a beer and frozen pizza night.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

chumbler posted:

Tonight feels like a beer and frozen pizza night.

Coke and Chicken with fries and jalapeņos here.

If you're eating one of those tiny frozen pizzas (like tostinos), I recommend putting the oven on to preheat it, then immediately put in the pizza. Once it reaches the heat, switch to broil for a minute or two, then remove. You can easily then fold the whole thing over into a pizza taco, and it is delicious

Julias fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 25, 2017

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

uogokoro-kun is the best locodol

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

a kitten posted:

Neat! I'm glad she broke out of her cute moe-blobs type-cast a few years ago to voice Akane and Ichiko.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Dadchat has some bad opinions on konosuba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
The same could be said of every forum outside of adtrw...

• Locked thread