Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Infinitum posted:

So a fuckup on payment on THEIR end and they cancel your preorder?

Take it to twitter or find the PR guy, that's hosed.
They claimed it was a paypal error (apparently me switching it to credit cards didnt register despite trying multiple goddamn times ) and checking paypal, i dont see any error whatsoever, the switch payment is just listed as "cancelled" and i don't even know where to begin aruging its on their end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

VideoGames posted:

*videogames walks into the thread* what the heck is this doing here?!?!,!,

We're havin a heckin good time talking about the Nintendo® Switch™, that's what.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
After the Zelda impressions now I want to get a Switch at launch. I didn't pre-order though so I'm probably not getting one at launch.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I changed the title of the other thread like I promised I would too.

I'm so excited to get my switch next week. 😎👍🏻

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

Switch roleplay. Will you play Zelda for me?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Mega64 posted:

After the Zelda impressions now I want to get a Switch at launch. I didn't pre-order though so I'm probably not getting one at launch.

It is also on Wii U, friend

Alternatively, Toys R Us didn't do preorders so just go there

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Steve2911 posted:

I can't imagine anyone actually using a Switch out there in public without smashing the gently caress out of it within minutes. Maybe if you're a passenger sitting down in a car/plane/boat/relatively empty train, otherwise newp.

You should see a doctor about your constant grand mal seizures

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

It is also on Wii U, friend

Alternatively, Toys R Us didn't do preorders so just go there

Like I said in the Zelda thread, the Wii U version is just gonna be like a trailer for the Switch version as a final gently caress you to the Wii U.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Mutiny

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tengames posted:

They claimed it was a paypal error (apparently me switching it to credit cards didnt register despite trying multiple goddamn times ) and checking paypal, i dont see any error whatsoever, the switch payment is just listed as "cancelled" and i don't even know where to begin aruging its on their end.

Don't you have consumer rights in the US? Or is it just the wild west with regards to what companies are good and bad?

Normally in that situation they'd attempt to charge the card, fail, notify you of the failure and give you an opportunity to fix it before cancellation.

Somethings fucky there

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Don't you have consumer rights in the US? Or is it just the wild west with regards to what companies are good and bad?

California is the only liberal utopia that has strong consumer rights and consumer protection laws.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

What SD cards do people recommend? I was looking at this one recommended by Nintendo Life, 200gb but significantly cheaper than most 256 gb cards.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Tender Bender posted:

What SD cards do people recommend? I was looking at this one recommended by Nintendo Life, 200gb but significantly cheaper than most 256 gb cards.

That's the one I'm thinking about too. Per GB it costs only slightly more than 128 GB but has 50 % more space (even it won't matter this early). The write speed is slower (20 MB/s compared to 40-50 you usually get), but that only matters when downloading a game if save games are really saved onto the internal memory.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I got a 200gb uSD card and it works nicely. They've gone up in price though, it seems.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPtPIpXwpvs

Wrap it up. Can't wait for the Switch to fail so that Nintendo can make all their games on the PS4 and Xbox One and the PC and PSP Vita. I love Nintendo's games and for some reason that means I hope they fail.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Why is everybody calling it a kickstand instead of a stand? That's like calling the face buttons light switches.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Holy poo poo guys. When you set up the Switch kickstand (with the JoyCons connected, which is never a way you'll be playing it) and then you nudge and push the Switch, it falls over! What a piece of poo poo!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Mahoning posted:

Holy poo poo guys. When you set up the Switch kickstand (with the JoyCons connected, which is never a way you'll be playing it) and then you nudge and push the Switch, it falls over! What a piece of poo poo!

I'm mad that Nintendo didn't account for gravity.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Normally in that situation they'd attempt to charge the card, fail, notify you of the failure and give you an opportunity to fix it before cancellation.

Somethings fucky there

I doubt it since i wasn't charged, and yeah gamestop is just poo poo. I'm going to contact paypal to see if it was something on my end or if it was on gamestops end.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this is like watching polygon play a video game. LOOK THIS KICKSTAND IS TOTALLY.. okay hold on, IT TOTALLY.. *push* *PUSH* *PUSSSHHHH* IT TOTALLY DOESN-- one second!! *PUUUUUSHHH* THERE! IT DOESNT WORK

just take the joycons out first and then let it sit there good grief

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Quest For Glory II posted:

this is like watching polygon play a video game.

Polygon is a collective of various levels of skill, the majority of which is at least that of the average player of video games.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mahoning posted:

California is the only liberal utopia that has strong consumer rights and consumer protection laws.

Wow the US sucks donkey dick.

None of that poo poo would fly here in Aus.

Sorry about your lack of Switch tengames, maybe go to a store and see if you can pick one up launch day?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Borsche69 posted:

Wrap it up. Can't wait for the Switch to fail so that Nintendo can make all their games on the PS4 and Xbox One and the PC and PSP Vita. I love Nintendo's games and for some reason that means I hope they fail.

This is like those infomercials where it goes black and white and somebody fails at basic life functions.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Borsche69 posted:

THIS DUMB loving STAND TOTALLY FAILS ONCE YOU START TRYING TO FORCE IT DOWN. LOOK HOW loving UNSTABLE IT IS *Takes a sledgehammer to it*

NICE TRY $N$I$N$T$E$N$D$O$

Like what even is that video trying to prove? That if you gently caress about with it when it's in stand mode it's going to eventually fall over?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

this is like watching polygon play a video game. LOOK THIS KICKSTAND IS TOTALLY.. okay hold on, IT TOTALLY.. *push* *PUSH* *PUSSSHHHH* IT TOTALLY DOESN-- one second!! *PUUUUUSHHH* THERE! IT DOESNT WORK

just take the joycons out first and then let it sit there good grief

today in shocking revelations by game journalists: if you push something over it falls over.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Somethings fucky there

You have to consume something before you get any rights. He didn't pay for anything so they don't really owe him anything.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:laffo: at the 45 second mark he pushes it over with the joycon to make it look like the stand failed

:lol:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Has anybody ever had a console shipped to them on release date by Best Buy before? I have mine pre ordered and I can't do midnight pick-up. It says delivery date 3/2/2017, wondering if I should be optimistic or prepare to be disappointed.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

JackDarko posted:

Has anybody ever had a console shipped to them on release date by Best Buy before? I have mine pre ordered and I can't do midnight pick-up. It says delivery date 3/2/2017, wondering if I should be optimistic or prepare to be disappointed.

Best Buy hosed up my iPhone 7 preorder and gave me $100 store credit. It came 2 weeks later. I used the credit to buy a Nintendo and a ITunes gift card.

For the Switch, I chose in store pickup this time...fingers crossed.

ful
Sep 16, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Paid off my Switch in January, getting excited! Hope the release a Joycon with a dpad soon, I like my handheld platformers.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Borsche69 posted:

Looks like a cheap piece of poo poo

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

hopeandjoy posted:

today in shocking revelations by game journalists: if you push something over it falls over.

Oh so that's why they're always bad at games

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Wasn't there a goon from the previous thread that has two preordered? Maybe you guys could work something out.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I wanted to get a Bomberman game that I could play on the TV as well as on a handheld.

So I bought Bomberman GB so I could play it on a Super Game Boy or on a regular GameBoy.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

to be fair it'd be hard to set up the kickstand while you're holding both joycons, so you probably would be leaving them on until you have it positioned

Hard to tell from the video whether he's just a moron making something out of nothing, though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Looks to me like the person is trying very hard to make it look bad.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Edit: REEEEEE

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

VideoGames posted:

doing some gangster poo poo :moonrio:

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I'm still so hurt the last thread wasn't allowed to hit 1000.

Also that cnet video is so loving dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Wow the US sucks donkey dick.

None of that poo poo would fly here in Aus.

Sorry about your lack of Switch tengames, maybe go to a store and see if you can pick one up launch day?

Looking into what places are doing midnight releases near me, got the day before release off work so I'll likely just have to do that.

• Locked thread