Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
If it's quest reward, it's unique set piece but you can usually farm dungeon and world bosses for "generic" ones. Anything crafted is tagged so, and given enough traits/possibly quests to open the area anyone can create those.

Actually holding onto them depends on your build and degree of minmaxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

GuyUpNorth posted:

If it's quest reward, it's unique set piece but you can usually farm dungeon and world bosses for "generic" ones. Anything crafted is tagged so, and given enough traits/possibly quests to open the area anyone can create those.

Actually holding onto them depends on your build and degree of minmaxing.

Alright thanks that's good to know. I'm not really into minmaxing too much, just fighting my urge to horde with limited inventory space :)

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Hurray congratulations to me, I just hit 50.

Special thanks to Aramek for making me gear pretty much the entire journey, one of the friendliest MMO goons ive had the pleasure to game with in a while.

also you werent kidding when you said the first 10 champion levels would go fast because of enlightenment... I hit champion 11 in the same public dungeon trash pack that dinged me 50.

To anyone on the fence about trying this game it really is great, its not perfect and has the same trappings all MMOs do but its a lot of fun, unique, and pretty accurate to the rest of the series in terms of maps and geology.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Time for another screenshot dump. :toot:

Thank you for joining me for dinner. These Redguard kebabs are so good, you won't even notice them clipping through your plate.

Too distracted by books to put away books.

What Stay-Moist Mansion really needed was a Hew's Bane-style catwalk. That looks like it should probably hold.

It leads to a nice spot where I can relax and sunbathe and get totally blitzed on skooma.

There's also a good spot for this at Hunding's, in case you too feel like spending hours painstakingly nudging boards into place.

It was known as The Cozy Manse until one day someone looked in the basement.

"Hey, let's get married in-game, but your character has to be in a lesbian relationship with my alt so she can get to level 50 faster."

He was like that when I got here, I swear.

I kind of want to have this one framed.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 23, 2017

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i really like screenshots, especially when people are exploring the game and seeing new things

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm calling fantasy OSHA on your poo poo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So are player houses actually on the map ala Star Wars Galaxies or are they instanced?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So are player houses actually on the map ala Star Wars Galaxies or are they instanced?

Instanced. It's why I think the homestead update is useless. You can't even set up merchants.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Instanced. It's why I think the homestead update is useless. You can't even set up merchants.

Why would you be able to setup merchants? That would undermine the auction system, unless you're talking about NPC merchants to sell stuff to?

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Magdk so you can breathe fire on some scrubs while your dogge listlessly stands too close to frickin hot lava.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

MF_James posted:

Why would you be able to setup merchants? That would undermine the auction system, unless you're talking about NPC merchants to sell stuff to?

I think thats what he means and I wonder why as well. If you could set up the banker/smuggler/merchant assistants in your home and interact with them you could decon/sell off/pack dump and launder goods from your home provided you put the time in or buy the crafting stations. This would give housing at least some level of utility. Right now its fairly useless as anything other then a free port. They look great, but have no real function.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Uhhhh? You totally can set up the banker/merchant/smuggler in your home.

And it works.

Because we did that.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Can I get the Gold Edition of ESO(non-Steam) if I already have the Steam version of ESO activated on my ESO account or will that cause any problems?

Because GMG currently has the Gold Edition for less than it'd cost me to buy Guilds & Glory with crowns.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Aramek posted:

And it works.

Because we did that.

I've been able to use them at some people's houses but not others, and I have no idea why.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

Can I get the Gold Edition of ESO(non-Steam) if I already have the Steam version of ESO activated on my ESO account or will that cause any problems?

Because GMG currently has the Gold Edition for less than it'd cost me to buy Guilds & Glory with crowns.

I also had a similar question except I just have the non-steam version. Buying the gold edition pack through GMG seems like the cheapest and easiest way to go about, but I'm not sure how that works if you already have a game code on your account.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Aramek posted:

And it works.

Because we did that.

Im gonna need a walkthrough cuz my smuggler just sits there taking up space and probably saying mean things behind my back. Did you set them up via the f5 menu?

Elewem
Dec 4, 2013

Jar Jar Binks in my Spirit Animal
Can @Elewem get an invite? Thanks! Decided I'd try and see if this would scratch my MMO itch.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hi posted:

Hurray congratulations to me, I just hit 50.

Special thanks to Aramek for making me gear pretty much the entire journey, one of the friendliest MMO goons ive had the pleasure to game with in a while.

also you werent kidding when you said the first 10 champion levels would go fast because of enlightenment... I hit champion 11 in the same public dungeon trash pack that dinged me 50.

To anyone on the fence about trying this game it really is great, its not perfect and has the same trappings all MMOs do but its a lot of fun, unique, and pretty accurate to the rest of the series in terms of maps and geology.

yea shoutout to Aramek

he gave me some equipment when I hit champ 10 and its been really nice to level with

im champ 115 now, so well on my way to 160

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

MF_James posted:

It makes sense not having them in the way trading works in ESO as is but I'd certainly prefer open world housing where you have players listing their goods and the trading guilds in cities basically placing the sellers outside of cities in a more customizable setting than some wagon on the side of the road. If there were open world housing with player owned merchants, there'd be even more reason to revisit areas and whenever I travel in the world, I always get caught up doing ten other things before I port out because there's always something going on and it really feels like an Elder Scrolls game just roaming around doing stuff. I don't know if that's just me but anything that makes that kind of "emergent gameplay" happen should be encouraged.

Ultimately it's a trade off between urban sprawl syndrome and having a cohesive world that is pleasant to explore and personal preference. This is one of those "too late to implement now" things. I know why the game is designed as it was. The zones are too small for this sort of thing anyways, but I'd love to see future areas do something like non-instanced housing that plays a role in the economy for power sellers, master crafters and maybe even larger venues for the most influential guilds in the game.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 24, 2017

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Poetic Justice posted:

Alright thanks that's good to know. I'm not really into minmaxing too much, just fighting my urge to horde with limited inventory space :)

To clarify since you sound new, if the gear isn't max level it is worthless (except to help level, obviously)

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

To clarify since you sound new, if the gear isn't max level it is worthless (except to help level, obviously)

Yeah, I'm totally new, like level 22 or something. So I don't need to hang onto these ~lvl 20 partial set pieces for the future I guess which is relieving haha. Thanks for the headsup

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 24, 2017

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Just got my Khajit bow stam NB to 50 today and had 200 CP already available, what would be a really good set of gear that isn't going to be too expensive? Should I concentrate on Crit or Pen since I would like to focus on bow? Technically this is an alt, but I still would like to be able to kill poo poo solo when I want.

Vendictus Prime fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Feb 24, 2017

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

comatose posted:

I also had a similar question except I just have the non-steam version. Buying the gold edition pack through GMG seems like the cheapest and easiest way to go about, but I'm not sure how that works if you already have a game code on your account.

I found some posts on the Steam forums that said it worked, so I took the chance. It registers fine on the ESO account page, but it took a while until the DLC packages actually registered in-game, so it should work.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
So i have this game from a time when my computer couldnt run it properly. Im looking to hop back into it, and i have a major question about the morrowind upgrade.

Does the morrowind upgrade include just Morrowind? Or does it include other DLC's too? Am i basically going to have to fork over 80 bucks to get the full dlc for this?

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Talkc posted:

So i have this game from a time when my computer couldnt run it properly. Im looking to hop back into it, and i have a major question about the morrowind upgrade.

Does the morrowind upgrade include just Morrowind? Or does it include other DLC's too? Am i basically going to have to fork over 80 bucks to get the full dlc for this?

So far, all the DLC's have been sold seperately or as a bundle, so you would not get the other DLC packs if you just purchased Morrowind. The other option is the monthly sub unlocks everything.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Talkc posted:

The Gold Edition (Base game and all released content DLC excluding Shadow of the Hist) is regularly on sale for 25 USD. It's currently available at GMG. Shadow of the Hist is only two dungeons and no overworld region and available for 1500 crowns in the cash shop. So if you're planning to subscribe for one month anyway, you will be able to unlock that pack from the crowns included in the plus subscription. Otherwise, crowns go on sale and you start with 500 from the base game so the two dungeons would be 10 USD. Morrowind is an expansion and costs 35 USD right now, but that is the launch price, so if you don't want or need to be first in through the door of Seya Neen, you'll probably be able to get it cheaper 1-2 months after launch.

So yeah, 70 USD for all content incl. the expansion if you buy right now. I'd recommend getting the gold edition for 25 USD if you just want to check out the game and whether or not you want to hop in. With Morrowind being scheduled for a June release that still gives you plenty of time to decide whether or not you want to lay down for a pre-order.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
non instanced housing is amazing for people that love to show off and decorate homes, but the game needs to be built from the group up to support it. you cant add non instanced houses at a later date, the maps arent designed for it. Id guess theres tens of thousands of homeowners already, if not hundreds of thousands, with very little open flat areas to build.

Youd run into a situation like ultima online where literally every open area in the game large enough to fit a house had a house in it which can be really jarring especially since theres a lot of people that will buy a home and then do nothing with it, or worse (in the sense of uninstanced housing and immersion) intentionally make it the biggest eyesore possible.

The other option is to add extra land especially for houses, but thats defeats the whole point of uninstanced housing anyway because it wouldnt be seamless with the existing world, itd be off in its own area some where not integrated into the rest of the game, and chances are itd be bleak and boring because if its designed to hold an almost insatiable need for player real estate its going to have to be huge open featureless fields because every hill river and tree you add is less space for a home.

I still play UO on a private server because I love the completely customizable build your own housing system they have, gently caress I bought wildstar and maintained a sub longer than id like to admit because of their housing system. I love houses and decorating and building them. But its really difficult to do non instanced houses now a days, my private UO server averages around 400-500 people online and literally every housing spot is taken and thats with what 18 years of expansions to landmass to work with? its just a logistical nightmare with todays games because they support so many more players with phasing and megaserver technology.

vorpal
Dec 31, 2007

Yo - to Sluggo, but everyone else should know - if you give goons decorator access, they can only move things around that are already in the house. No one can add or remove anything but you.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
Decided to return to this game now that some DLC is out, looking to play with goons. My ID should be @Desht

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

vorpal posted:

Yo - to Sluggo, but everyone else should know - if you give goons decorator access, they can only move things around that are already in the house. No one can add or remove anything but you.

Giving goons the ability to move only objects which are present can still result in amusing works of art.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Ynglaur posted:

Giving goons the ability to move only objects which are present can still result in amusing works of art.

can confirm, you should see the Goon Warframe dojo.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Also, in case people didn't already know, you can manipulate objects with the house editor while people are dueling. That could be fun.

I don't know if sluggo wants to take on the responsibility of the official goonhouse, but whoever does should leave a bunch of extra boards, stone blocks, open crates, etc. around for building stuff and miscellaneous fuckery.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."
I'm completely new - just ordered the game and downloading it now. How do I level the healer class - the Restoring Light Templar?

e: 40 gigs haha... I guess MMOs are basically mountains of unique art assets

straw man fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 25, 2017

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Hi posted:

Want to piggyback this. He's my reason for living and One True Love.

Really, though, all the goons are great to play with and seem not to care that I'm a huge noob fuckup!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So is questing in this game along the same lines as in the single player games? Is it any good?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I started playing this recently, and while I like it a lot the constant fog was a real bummer for me. So I tried this Hook 64 thing:

I think it looks pretty good! It comes at no discernible performance impact for me, so I highly recommend it if you are a fellow TES distant lands graphics whore

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

straw man posted:

I'm completely new - just ordered the game and downloading it now. How do I level the healer class - the Restoring Light Templar?

e: 40 gigs haha... I guess MMOs are basically mountains of unique art assets
Weapons have abilities and templars have plenty of offensive abilities. There are more than enough skill points to have your healing skills and combat skills, so don't sweat it too hard, just play around a bit and do whatever is fun. Sperging out over builds isn't really required until you get to vet dungeons.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Fuligin posted:

I started playing this recently, and while I like it a lot the constant fog was a real bummer for me. So I tried this Hook 64 thing:

I think it looks pretty good! It comes at no discernible performance impact for me, so I highly recommend it if you are a fellow TES distant lands graphics whore

Is one of those screenshots Red Mountain from the shores of Davon's Watch? I saw a bit clouded by fog when I tried to swim and catch a glimpse earlier this week.

Edit: It wasn't but I can see it now

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 26, 2017

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."

Stuntman posted:

Weapons have abilities and templars have plenty of offensive abilities. There are more than enough skill points to have your healing skills and combat skills, so don't sweat it too hard, just play around a bit and do whatever is fun. Sperging out over builds isn't really required until you get to vet dungeons.

Thanks - this is very much how I did it so far. I'm building a healer, so I went ahead and grabbed a mace and heavy armor... then stopped at level 6 to start looking at bonuses and skills, and rebuilt with cloth and a resto staff.

Could I get a guild invitation? @qofcourse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Hi thread... I read the OP and just picked this up for ~~~ lore ~~~. I'm playing a redguard dragonknight and put my first point in stamina. Anything i should know?