Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Anti-establishmentism is the only 50 state strategy. The only way we survive this is casting out those who think the way to win is to double down on centrism. America wants loud people who make them feel good but also pissed off. Keith Ellison does that. No one's passionate about Tom Perez except people who won't shut up about how we can't become like the GOP and must never rock the boat too hard.

Also I'll have an Ed Balls with extra cheese and medium fries,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

If it doesn't make a difference either way, then that means there's obviously nothing to lose by not alienating every single new active person by refusing to disassociate even symbolicly with what is viewed broadly as out of touch, corrupted incompetence

obama is popular tho

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Addamere posted:

Apropos of nothing — after reading through the Ferguson DOJ investigation report recently, I had a shower thought: why have we never heard a story about Florida Man trying to use the Stand Your Ground law as justification for shooting a cop who he believed was trying to arrest him illegally? Of the millions of people who live in Florida and the thousands of hair-brained SOVEREIGN CITIZENS and the like who exist, there has to have been at least one guy who has done it.

"I had a reasonable fear that officer peckerwood was going to kill or injure me in the course of an unconstitutional arrest because lol just look at all the news about police brutality" surely wouldn't actually fly in court, but surely it's been tried.

Right?

I'm pretty sure just resisting illegal arrest is itself a crime, so killing a cop for trying is probably not going to be tolerated. Especially not nowadays

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

GobiasIndustries posted:

Didn't Omarosa say she could just walk into the Oval Office whenever?
https://twitter.com/IvoHDaalder/status/835492763693170688

:nsamad:v

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Addamere posted:

Apropos of nothing — after reading through the Ferguson DOJ investigation report recently, I had a shower thought: why have we never heard a story about Florida Man trying to use the Stand Your Ground law as justification for shooting a cop who he believed was trying to arrest him illegally? Of the millions of people who live in Florida and the thousands of hair-brained SOVEREIGN CITIZENS and the like who exist, there has to have been at least one guy who has done it.

"I had a reasonable fear that officer peckerwood was going to kill or injure me in the course of an unconstitutional arrest because lol just look at all the news about police brutality" surely wouldn't actually fly in court, but surely it's been tried.

Right?

No lawyer would be dumb enough to try this

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Addamere posted:

Right?

I think I remember a dude (not in FL) killing a cop on a no-knock raid and getting off

e: shot three cops, found not guilt: http://www.kristv.com/story/34045158/man-accused-of-shooting-ccpd-officers-found-not-guilty

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I hate myself for actually knowing who Omarosa is.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Steve Gannon looks like someone dumped his face in acid

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

No lawyer would be dumb enough to try this

http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

buttigieg

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Squizzle posted:

buttigieg

:eyepop:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Anti-establishmentism is the only 50 state strategy. The only way we survive this is casting out those who think the way to win is to double down on centrism. America wants loud people who make them feel good but also pissed off. Keith Ellison does that. No one's passionate about Tom Perez except people who won't shut up about how we can't become like the GOP and must never rock the boat too hard.

Also I'll have an Ed Balls with extra cheese and medium fries,

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:trumppop:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Rednecks do like weed.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Tonetta posted:

Steve Gannon looks like someone dumped his face in acid

His face mirrors his foreign policy. It's a war-torn village, with pocks and salted earth.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I think I remember a dude (not in FL) killing a cop on a no-knock raid and getting off

e: shot three cops, found not guilt: http://www.kristv.com/story/34045158/man-accused-of-shooting-ccpd-officers-found-not-guilty

While he did in fact shoot three cops and get acquitted, the reason seems to be more due to mishandled evidence than the facts of the case; though, it is in the great state of Texas so who knows!

On a side note, why would anyone participate in a no-knock raid in a state (in)famous for having a heavily armed citizenry? Whether justified or not, one would think that would result in a lot of shot cops.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

he would have won if he had put his last name on his banners and stuff instead of "pete"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

donald j trump killed an 8 year old american girl and the democratic party

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

he would have won if he had put his last name on his banners and stuff instead of "pete"

butt 4 chair

"a perfect match"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

what shoulld i know about this buttgeig guy other than he makes me feel good

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who is omarosa

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Perez should win because Ellison already has a job and Perez just got laid off so he has nothing else to do atm.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW817vuD0kc

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

triple sulk posted:

he just handed them the gun

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Elephanthead posted:

Rednecks do like weed.

can confirm this

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

mintskoal posted:

banana or applesauce

although if you don't have an egg or can't ask a neighbor then maybe you don't have a banana or applesauce either

A can of chunky soup will do in a pinch

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Addamere posted:

who is omarosa

She won the apprentice and then became one of Trump's bestest advisors and now she does something with the press side of things and tells black journalists that Trump has a folder on them. She is a crazy person.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Young people: I'm not voting
DNC: young people didn't vote
Young people: *hissßsssssssss*

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Bilirubin posted:

A can of chunky soup will do in a pinch

good soup

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

Didn't Omarosa say she could just walk into the Oval Office whenever?
https://twitter.com/IvoHDaalder/status/835492763693170688
putin has more clearance than the current NSA head :tif:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

triple sulk posted:

Good riiddance

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

MariusLecter posted:

more ore less, its a big middle finger to each other

even at one point they tried to neg them with the "we dont need your votes" bullshit and it backfired big league

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MariusLecter posted:

It is true, all of my millennial friends frequently pronounce ß while hissing.

It's good practice for oral sex or so they tell me!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Addamere posted:

who is omarosa

a race traitor

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MariusLecter posted:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

self owns own

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Lastgirl posted:

more ore less, its a big middle finger to each other

even at one point they tried to neg them with the "we dont need your votes" bullshit and it backfired big league

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

MariusLecter posted:

"both sides are the same my parents said so"
*TRUMP*
"how could this happen"

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Addamere posted:

It is true, all of my millennial friends frequently pronounce ß while hissing.

It's good practice for oral sex or so they tell me!

Butt ß is just ss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
diamond and silk are probably worse than omarosa though, at least she gets paid

• Locked thread