Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Don't young earth creationists believe that dinosaurs were dragons and other mythical lizard creatures from the Bible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

While I know this will just go downhill, it's the creation of the meme I was talking about. However stupid it is to think dinosaurs didn't exist or whatever, I'm pretty certain that an armchair atheist vomited out this meme because they needed to remind everyone they are atheist.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Don't young earth creationists believe that dinosaurs were dragons and other mythical lizard creatures from the Bible?

Depends on their justification. Some just say the bones are lies from Satan, for instance.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Barudak posted:

Depends on their justification. Some just say the bones are lies from Satan, for instance.

They must be a tiny minority then, because there is almost nothing about them on the internet. And I imagine they would be the type to homeschool their children anyway.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Paladinus posted:

Some* think that dinosaurs were indeed real, but they were unable to outrun the Flood and all drowned first which is why their bones are found so low down in the geologic column, thus proving that the Flood was real.

* loving clueless idiots

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Yes but does he have crystal hands?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Didn't happen on so many levels.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

unrealistic. tall people love their height and would never stop lording it against the shorties

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It wasn't a card, but I did see a guy at Islands of Adventure once who was probably verging on 8 feet tall. He was wearing a shirt that read "Yes, I'm tall."

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

chitoryu12 posted:

It wasn't a card, but I did see a guy at Islands of Adventure once who was probably verging on 8 feet tall. He was wearing a shirt that read "Yes, I'm tall."

I had the pleasure of standing behind a huge dude at a concert who was a wearing a shirt that said "Yes, I am tall. No, I will not move." Thanks for warning me, I guess?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

hyperhazard posted:

I had the pleasure of standing behind a huge dude at a concert who was a wearing a shirt that said "Yes, I am tall. No, I will not move." Thanks for warning me, I guess?

That's like thermonuclear levels of :smuggo:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
eat the tall.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

eat the tall.

It's gonna take all day!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Zelder posted:

It's gonna take all day!

One bite at a time.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

I mean tbf yes writing with a liquid ink pen can be an exercise in frustration as a lefty due to smearing the ink as you write unless you have that super formal hand position they try to make you do

I do this with my right hand.

I broke my arm when I was learning to write and so I had to relearn to right with my left and then relearn with my right about 9 months later so I hold my pen / pencil weird as gently caress and drag my hand across it some how.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Stoatbringer posted:

Some* think that dinosaurs were indeed real, but they were unable to outrun the Flood and all drowned first which is why their bones are found so low down in the geologic column, thus proving that the Flood was real.

* loving clueless idiots

I had a Mormon co-worker who asked if I believed that dinosaurs existed.

Me: ...Yes
Her: Me too! Do you know what I think happened?
Me: .....No.
Her: They didn't get on the Ark in time and that's why they went extinct.
Me: Oh. Yeah you're probably right.

It was pointless to inject reason and to argue, so I didn't even try. Plus, she had the habit of completely flying off the handle, like when I asked about polygamy ("If you bring that up again, I'm afraid we can't be friends!").

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Othello

quote:

That's all well and true, everyone above, but THIS Troper is the Magnificent Bastard. Always. I'm just... shall we say, unmotivated. And that's true, because I never usually have to exact revenge or anything of the sort... usually. Got a whole student body to hate one guy because he boasted too much towards me. And when he tried to denounce me, no one believed him, because I just said "He's trying to claim I'm responsible?! ME?! I'm probably the only one who doesn't try to pick on him with gusto!" I guess I learned much from Othello, eh? I've been able to avoid blame simply by keeping other people viable for blame, simply by telling them what to do. Who'd you think to blame first, the Pot-smoking, angry, faux-gangster that all the girls date for 2 weeks? Or would you blame the Obfuscatingly Stupid Gentle Giant, who really is friends with every one, and can't hurt someone to save his life? Yeah, I thought so.

Villain

quote:

I often play the role of the Magnificent Bastard as a villain in plays. I even throw in a Villain Song.

Alliance

quote:

This troper tends to play the scheming bastard in most vs games that permit making/breaking alliances. Typical MO is to contact everyone privately, offering an under-the-table alliance against a specific other player. I then try to look somewhat ineffectual, making token attacks on both sides while building up my strategic reserves. Both sides think I'm working for them, feinting to keep the other guy distracted, and I'll hammer 'em when the time is right. They're basically right... except that the right time is when both sides are bloodied and I can be the last man standing. What's amazing is how long it takes people to catch on.

Library

quote:

This Cloud Cuckoo Lander troper tries to be one, and utterly fails, but he tries this in every aspect of life. He once hatched a master plan to stop some friend of his from returning a library book (thus validating his claim that even the most organized people can be late), that only succeeded because the library accidentally closed earlier that day. He accidentally thought that the library would open the next day and not that day. Since, for once, laws of reality agreed with his (false) assumption, his plan succeeded. But normally, his plans fail because people are predictable. If they were less predictable, maybe his plans would one day succeed, but until then...

Books

quote:

This troper has gained more creds as Magnificent Bastard after completing such books like Book of 5 Rings, Art of War, 48 Laws of Power, and much more. Though I have felt I crossed some lines at times....(revenge with an ex-girlfriend taking to Disproportion Retribution levels depending how you view payback for cheating on.) Anyway, took me years to get it down and I only learned such things just for safety reasoning and to get closer to my goals. I'm just not generally smug about things I do and prefer to be friendly and only do actions if I truly feel they are for the greater good.

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!

I always love it when they out themselves as fat weirdos

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Khazar-khum posted:

Othello

Villain

Alliance

Library

Books

I wonder what faux gangster could be code for

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

bean_shadow posted:

Mormon

Plus, she had the habit of completely flying off the handle, like when I asked about polygamy ("If you bring that up again, I'm afraid we can't be friends!").

Ok Mormons are ridiculous, but maybe you're the rear end in this scenario?

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
im polygay

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I wonder what faux gangster could be code for

white guy who "acts black"?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Mr. Belpit posted:

white guy who "acts black"?

Probably now I think about it

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Loren1350 posted:

Ok Mormons are ridiculous, but maybe you're the rear end in this scenario?

I asked her something about the Fundamentalist Mormon Church and their practice of it, not if she practiced it or if anybody she knew did.

She also instigated an investigation in the department we worked in for religious intolerance, accusing our boss of "hating Mormons" and insisting that she was being persecuted.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Any time I read one of these tropers talking about how indestructible they are, I imagine every single one of these incidents starts and ends with them doing that stupid Naruto run.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Tired Moritz posted:

eat the tall.

Kill heighty

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
That last batch of tropers was delectable. "I jumped off a roof and stabbed a kid with a PENCIL" or "I said something clever and now everybody loves me" can't hold a candle to "Not a single goddamn thing happened. Also, I'm super smart and brooding".

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

bean_shadow posted:

("If you bring that up again, I'm afraid we can't be friends!").

Sounds like a win win tbh

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Tired Moritz posted:

unrealistic. tall people love their height and would never stop lording it against the shorties

:agreed:

(:smug:)

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Sounds like a win win tbh

We weren't really friends. She latched on to me at work because she thought she could convert me. She was impressed with me because I apparently knew more about Mormonism than most people she came into contact with. When she saw she couldn't, we drifted apart.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

eat the tall.

loving ankle-biters.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Some of us at work bought a set of cards like that for our tall coworker cuz he complained about how people always asked the same questions, and I can definitely see that guy using them.
Maybe not standing around to get photographed.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Khazar-khum posted:

Library

This Cloud Cuckoo Lander troper tries to be one, and utterly fails, but he tries this in every aspect of life. He once hatched a master plan to stop some friend of his from returning a library book (thus validating his claim that even the most organized people can be late), that only succeeded because the library accidentally closed earlier that day. He accidentally thought that the library would open the next day and not that day. Since, for once, laws of reality agreed with his (false) assumption, his plan succeeded. But normally, his plans fail because people are predictable. If they were less predictable, maybe his plans would one day succeed, but until then...

This somehow is both The Most Boring and The Most Unintelligible Troper Tale I've ever read. :bravo:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

"Throw in" a song. To the delight of everyone else in the play.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

"Throw in" a song. To the delight of everyone else in the play.

As someone who was in theater in high school, a good deal of those lameos woud indeed love it.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

fullroundaction posted:

This somehow is both The Most Boring and The Most Unintelligible Troper Tale I've ever read. :bravo:

He's such a fuckup he can't even make his friend be late to return a library book. This was to teach him a life lesson, you see

*spooky music* But the library was closed anyway...!!!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Its easy to join the Army, its not easy to write "The Man Who Sold The World".