Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Spiffster posted:

I don't either but I am still pessimistic. I keep going and keep applying pressure but I doubt others will all throughout 2017 and well into 2018. And a strong showing by republicans next year will utterly demolish the party

Senate must stay blue and house has to be somehow wrestled away from republican control.

Senate is presently Republican-controlled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

I thought he endorsed buttajedg

He did but changed it just now b/c buttman dropped

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Quorum posted:

Senate is presently Republican-controlled.

:doh: I have sleep deprivation from newborn. Will fix

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

What you're probably thinking, though, is that the Dems have to keep at least 41 votes, assuming the non-total destruction of the filibuster, which is definitely true.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Just shake baby til it sleeb

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

So when does the second round start? This is killing me :ohdear:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

They are counting 2nd round votes currently. So somebody already won we just dunno who

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Nm

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001
It's Perez.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Disgusting. Losers gonna lose.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Perez 235 :smith:

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

DNC can suck my balls

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Calibanibal posted:

Just shake baby til it sleeb

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
God, I hate my party.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

God, I hate my party.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Every one of those 235 should be fired from their jobs.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Democratic party as dead as a shook baby. See ya'll in the DSA thread. rip

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Well the base hated reince and look how that turned out. right?

Guys?

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Lol my state DNC delegates are so outta here in March

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Don't worry the Bernie thread poster wing of the party are poised to take over the DNC any day now

This sarcasm was brought to you by the letter fffff

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

mcmagic posted:

Every one of those 235 should be fired from their jobs.

If you'd only take the extra step to say they should be killed, you might be able to get a job in the current presidential administration

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Oxxidation posted:

God, I hate my party.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Bernie has been robbed by an African-American 3 times now.

They stole his microphone, his nomination, and his chairman.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Don't worry the Bernie thread poster wing of the party are poised to take over the DNC any day now

i'm running for state delegate to make you smug hillary guys who oversaw and defended this disastrous election stop making bad posts

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Also he made Ellison deputy chair so I'm not even that mad

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Ellison is made deputy chair. That's an actual good thing, not just ceremonial, right? (I have no idea what impact a deputy chair has)

e: deputy, not vice

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Fiction posted:

A good sign

Maybe this Perez guy: not satan?

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Kekekela posted:

Ellison is made vice-chair. That's an actual good thing, not just ceremonial, right? (I have no idea what impact a vice-chair has)

probably none but this is all symbolic and ceremonial anyway so who cares

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Any day now! Surly they have learned their lesson THIS time!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you don't think Islamophobia reared it's ugly head today you're kidding yourself. Congrats to Hiam Saban and Alan Dershwitz!!!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

A good sign

Maybe this Perez guy: not satan?

Alternatively, Ellison sold out to the establishment :argh:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Jesus Christ, gently caress the DNC. They get stomped in the election and can't even bother to make a symbolic change.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
Congrats Perez! I think he'll do a good job and expect him to work with Ellison and others to help revitalize the Democratic party.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Fiction posted:

This was basically what I expected regardless of the outcome (if it'd gone the other way Perez would've been vice-chair).

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Chelb posted:

Congrats Perez! I think he'll do a good job and expect him to work with Ellison and others to help revitalize the Democratic party.

I agree. I think he has what it takes.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Chelb posted:

Making his first item of business reaching out to Ellison definitely allayed some of my concerns.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So looks like disparate sectors of the democratic party will work together, who is organizing the fart-in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Let's just see if they can actually make an impact or just blow all the energy building up right now

• Locked thread