Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I have yet to see a debris yellow this year, by the way

e- also ad breaks seem much less frequent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VikingSkull posted:

I have yet to see a debris yellow this year, by the way

e- also ad breaks seem much less frequent

it turns out not letting the most wrecked cars being held together by tape back on course seems to have significantly cut back on debris in the race

DEMAG
Aug 14, 2003

You're it.
Well, that stage system really brought intensity and excitement. Can't wait for NASCAR's decision to remove it on the guise of safety!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
The Xfinity race is scheduled for 3:30 PM and green flag at 3:49 PM

in case Fox tweets out the wrong start time again

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I find funny that NASCAR both implemented a system which creates cautions while simultaneously creating a rule intended to reduce cautions.

I'm actually liking the first so far. The other is a Brian France Good Idea.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I feel like the segments are gonna be weirder in Trucks/Xfinity because they're shorter races, but they might work out okay in cup. The extra regular points works well I think, it's the playoff points I've yet to wrap my head around

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I think the playoff points accumulation will be good because it should prevent a situation like William Byron not being in the final last year.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

I find funny that NASCAR both implemented a system which creates cautions while simultaneously creating a rule intended to reduce cautions.

I'm actually liking the first so far. The other is a Brian France Good Idea.

to be honest its weird because I both don't want to agree with a stupid rule, but at the same time, getting cars that are basically wrecked off the track and have no real chance for contention doesn't bug me too much because if you cant get a car fixed and up to regulation speed in 5 minutes of caution means you're a few laps back and essentially out any way

I'm trying to think of the last time a severely wrecked car had any sort of positive impact on a race like that

positive impact. not comedy gold impact like Gordon in Phoenix or Kenseth at Martinsville

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Why not just remove the 5 minute clock, give them the duration of the yellow flag, and if they can't meet min speed when green is back out, THEN they are DQ'd. It would accomplish the same.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Slickdrac posted:

Why not just remove the 5 minute clock, give them the duration of the yellow flag, and if they can't meet min speed when green is back out, THEN they are DQ'd. It would accomplish the same.

That's a little more reasonable. Then you'd get more time if the wreck's huge and involves more cars.

I'm also sensing that NASCAR is having a hard time determining when exactly the five minutes starts. Surprised they needed FS1 to tell them the 30 truck had crossed the limit.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

The 5 minute limit seems arbitrary. I feel like it would be easier/better to just ban most parts and tools over the wall, and keep the rest the same (with the minimum speed and cant go behind the wall, etc). NASCAR already limits what repairs you can do on pit road, and by just banning most other stuff, it would also address the team owner concerns that they are essentially going to need to pay to have the entire shop sitting on pit road... or even funnier, the concern that was raised of teams investing in REALLY FAST garage and crash carts so they can call down to the garage to get specific parts/tools and have someone HAUL rear end through the garage to the pits.

Thats right boys, garage cart racing against the clock.

Also i thought the segments were incredibly bad last night. If Sauter hadnt won em all, i would have no clue/care who won each segment, and all it seemed to do was give another topic for the booth to pretend was exciting and talk about every 2 seconds when everyone just stayed doing what they were already doing. Maybe it will be better for the 500, but lord...

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Why is fox so loving terrible?

I don't hate the drivers or teams of Cup. They're fine.I'm trying to support them by watching this sport. But good loving night...can you stop kissing NASCAR's corporate rear end, Fox. Sorry to vent..but it's getting old.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FuzzySkinner posted:

I don't hate the drivers or teams of Cup. They're fine.I'm trying to support them by watching this sport. But good loving night...can you stop kissing NASCAR's corporate rear end, Fox. Sorry to vent..but it's getting old.

Hmm... corporation who likes Trump also likes fellow corporation that likes Trump. Nah, nothing with that.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Eh, less that and more just typical NASCAR coverage. If you're not blowing them with every other sentence, they'll pull your passes.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

iospace posted:

Hmm... corporation who likes Trump also likes fellow corporation that likes Trump. Nah, nothing with that.

sir this is the NASCAR thread

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This is a NASCAR-only safe space.

wicka fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 25, 2017

DEMAG
Aug 14, 2003

You're it.

wicka posted:

This is a NASCAR-only safe space.

A paperclip is pretty similar to a safety pin.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

That is a goofy rear end spoiler on these Xfinity cars.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

BMB5150 posted:

That is a goofy rear end spoiler on these Xfinity cars.

Looks like the drafting is pretty good so far though.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Welp

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
:rip: SRA

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
that's what you get for not selling merch

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

that's what you get for not selling merch

This

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
lmbo NASCAR you done this

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

That's one Dale Earnhardt rear end wreck the 33 had. Also speaking of Dale, Jr. is thinking this now.
https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/835324983396167680

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

Hm yes let's dump on the sport we're covering, that'll help ratings

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I hate NASCAR

But goddamn watching Xfinity now reminds me how much I missed NASCAR

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
lmao there's gonna be 5 cars left

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

This has been a bad race

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
That there was a lot of crashes

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Dear NASCAR,
Test your plate package where you drastically reduce the rear downforce of cars

Sincerely,
All Xfinity teams.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

felt like Kahne moved a little too early there, only watched the last 10 laps and i dont regret it.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
less downforce is a good thing, idgaf

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
I'm still mad the cars were faster 30 years ago than they are now. Especially now with the tracks having SAFER barriers and better catch fencing, you'd think they'd have enough "safety headroom" to run 210+ again at Daytona and Talledega like they used to.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
They don't have better catch fencing :ssh:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Attending my first race ever today. Very excited regardless of whatever crazy rules they want to throw out there.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

E: NEvermind
Found a website that would let me make my own bingo with numbers.. crisis averted

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Feb 26, 2017

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Attending my first race ever today. Very excited regardless of whatever crazy rules they want to throw out there.

Picked a good one to start with. Buy yourself the loudest t-shirt and have a great time!

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Heh, I'm up in a fancy pants suite thanks to a relative at the local cable company so I'm trying to be a little more refined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

tater_salad posted:

E: NEvermind
Found a website that would let me make my own bingo with numbers.. crisis averted

Didn't I give you the bingo zip file?

Anyways, sorry guys, no bingo this year. I'm going to be out of town for at least two of the plate races and I'm hoping to be on my honeymoon for another, if we're still allowed to leave the country this fall.

• Locked thread