Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

GlyphGryph posted:

Ellison was the unity candidate. Someone who could work with every wing of the party and make meaningful improvements.

Picking Perez over him sends one message, and one message alone: The Democrats who did this don't want us here. They don't want to work with us.

So we need to replace them with ones who do.

Justice Dems and DSA's ftw in this regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

zegermans stop posting

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

HorseRenoir posted:

oh hey, we're at the part of the day where we declare the dems beyond saving because they elected boring progressive guy over exciting progressive guy (buttigieg) for a meaningless symbolic position and is also somehow important and meaningful enough for hillary's secret cabal to "rig" the election for
i'm not worried about hillary's faction per se (save for the donors they want this shitpile as much as we do), but perez is going to have his work cut out for him if he doesn't have pause when the other centrists talk less than politely to him about telling them to not approve gas chambers

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Montasque posted:

This is another victory for David Brock!

He won no matter what, smart dude

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

zegermans stop posting

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

HorseRenoir posted:

oh hey, we're at the part of the day where we declare the dems beyond saving because they elected boring progressive guy over exciting progressive guy (buttigieg) for a meaningless symbolic position that is also somehow important and meaningful enough for hillary's secret cabal to "rig" the election for

what a boring rear end loving post. you have it saved from when perez first announced?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
What was the final vote tally?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

zegermans posted:

hahahaha DSA.txt

y'all can join us at the DSA whenever you're ready :eng101:

there's even a "no zegermans rule" but it's plural, so zegermans can join right now!!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

GlyphGryph posted:

Ellison was the unity candidate. Someone who could work with every wing of the party and make meaningful improvements.

Picking Perez over him sends one message, and one message alone: The Democrats who did this don't want us here. They don't want to work with us.

So we need to replace them with ones who do.

My guy is the unity candidate because the other wing will fall in line.

The other guy is the division candidate because I won't fall in line.

I'm the reasonable one you see.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

logikv9 posted:

What was the final vote tally?

230-200-who cares

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im literally shaking

i have to keep picking msyelf up off the floor to get back on the chari

i have all my windows open and ravens are perching on the sill

watching me shake

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

My friend shared pics he took of Perez when he was visiting a local plant and I think I found Democrats.jpg

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
otoh it was wierd to see a centrist Dem win an election again. bet that won't be seeing that very often!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

HorseRenoir posted:

I know, it's dumb. I'm just saying that most of the anti-Ellison stuff is coming from nobody thinkpiece writers and the ADL, there's been virtually no resistance to Ellison within the party which is the only thing that matters

hey look at this stupid fucker

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

mormonpartyboat posted:

im literally shaking

i have to keep picking msyelf up off the floor to get back on the chari

i have all my windows open and ravens are perching on the sill

watching me shake

Might I recommend Hardees (tm) new Spicy Tendies?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

That DICK! posted:

My friend shared pics he took of Perez when he was visiting a local plant and I think I found Democrats.jpg

That is one clean looking lathe

Or is my work's machine shop just a hellhole

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

zegermans getting awfully excited about dems voting yes on gas chambers

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

for months on end: "don't worry berniebros keith is gonna win!"

keith doesn't win: "what loving losers"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

oh hey, we're at the part of the day where we declare the dems beyond saving because they elected boring progressive guy over exciting progressive guy

this reads like it's from the primary :smugdon:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

zegermans posted:

looks par for machine shop cleanliness.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'd rather have had Keith or Pete, but I'm gonna use my upsetness to work on finding good candidates for local office. I suggest we all do the same!!!

Serf
May 5, 2011

lmao tom perez as a progressive

tell me another one

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

logikv9 posted:

He won no matter what, smart dude

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Brock pushing Hillary in 2020!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'd rather have had Keith or Pete, but I'm gonna use my upsetness to work on finding good candidates for local office. I suggest we all do the same!!!
zegermans is totally going to find a neville chamberlain to prop up in his local elections, he'll show us!!!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Serf posted:

tell me another one

"Most experienced candidate ever!"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Serf posted:

tell me another one

Trump is president

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Can't believe Trump is gonna be president for 8 years

Serf
May 5, 2011

i love it when our representatives do not represent us

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

zegermans getting awfully excited about dems voting yes on gas chambers

wow. a zinger too devastatingly brutal for one thread.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Again like for real:

People actually out getting involved are seeing unprecedented new members who are excited to take the party in a new direction. There was massive applause at my meeting when someone said that in order to win elections the democrats need to run actually progressive candidates. There was massive applause when someone said "let's do single payer." The energy that's entering the democrats is from people upset at how the party has been for years.
Spurning that isn't a good idea, which is why the Dems did it, cause they're... you know. they're the democrats.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
centrist dems are the 'temporarily embarrassed millionaires' of the election realm

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
If the Republican experience means anything, it's that it doesn't matter who runs the party.

This is the time for the grass roots to take control and purge the unclean until the Dems elect a populist idiot of their own.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yep yep.

Unfortunately my state party has decided that none of our folks will be up for election until after 2020, only 33% of the party leadership is elected, a good portion of them serve for life, and they have come out hard against this 'leftist radical uprising' so... it's gonna be an uphill battle.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

zegermans is totally going to find a neville chamberlain to prop up in his local elections, he'll show us!!!

Actually I'm going to sit here and do nothing, like everyone else in this thread.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

zegermans posted:

:madmax:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i am voiting for repubican for all my life, gently caress liberals forever.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

dang dude your melting down hard over this

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

yeah I already knew the answer to that question :(

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Montasque posted:

If the Republican experience means anything, it's that it doesn't matter who runs the party.

This is the time for the grass roots to take control and purge the unclean until the Dems elect a populist idiot of their own.
FDR wasn't exactly an idiot but he did limp about with a cane he also used as a weapon

Bip Roberts posted:

*sells out 8 year olds to ice*
dang dude your melting down hard over this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

zegermans posted:

yeah I already knew the answer to that question :(

hey I'm not so rude as to lose an avatar, that's hard work

at least I can graffiti up the words

• Locked thread