Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Louisgod posted:

lol if you didn't walk into the store and put $50 cash down on the spot.

I did this and feel good rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Edge apparently gave zelda a 10. I'm told this is a rare and big deal.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSp-4OYElS0

Snipperclips, now with 99% less swearing!

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Borsche69 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPtPIpXwpvs

Wrap it up. Can't wait for the Switch to fail so that Nintendo can make all their games on the PS4 and Xbox One and the PC and PSP Vita. I love Nintendo's games and for some reason that means I hope they fail.

THANKS OBAMA

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Borsche69 posted:

Wrap it up. Can't wait for the Switch to fail so that Nintendo can make all their games on the PS4 and Xbox One and the PC and PSP Vita. I love Nintendo's games and for some reason that means I hope they fail.

This might be the most retarded video I have ever seen on YouTube. And last I checked there is no shortage of retarded videos on YouTube.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I will be very surprised if we see a sub-90% review of BotW

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Borsche69 posted:

THERE'S GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*throws Switch at wall*
WHY DOES IT KEEP FALLING OVER?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Infinitum posted:

*throws Switch at wall*
WHY DOES IT KEEP FALLING OVER?

My favorite part is when he pokes the screen with the joycon at the end so it would fall over "in normal use".

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone give me their switch preorder

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Give me a lot! of money

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Cojawfee posted:

You have to consume something before you get any rights. He didn't pay for anything so they don't really owe him anything.

He'd consumed a pre-order slot. I don't know if that required a deposit of some kind, but even if it didn't the slot still has value and he was still putting time and faith in the slot as a product. Failing to guarantee that slot or give him a grace period if the order encounters an issue is a problem on their end, and reflects badly on them as a company. Probably impacting future sales, even if only marginally.

Hace posted:

I did this and feel good rn

I did it as well, mostly because that's how I've always pre-ordered consoles, and because there was a store in town and I happened to be passing it so why not. I never even considered doing it online honestly, and it wasn't until I saw people talking about it that I even thought it must be an option and there's no reason it wouldn't be. I don't live in the US though, or even a prominent city of my own nation, so I'm pretty sure there'll be no issue with my pre-order, since I can't see there being enough sales in my little town for there to be a problem. I'm gonna drop in on Monday and see if they think they'll have any pro-controllers launch day. And possibly see if I can bag a neon Switch, since I never thought about color when placing my pre-order weeks ago. I probably can't, but most people probably didn't consider color when doing it either, so I have a little sliver of hope.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
It was great preordering a PS4 and then it showing up at my door on release day, so easy. Hope it works as well for the Switch.

Sony was even cool enough to let accesories and games go on sale a week or two early, so I already had all that ahead of time.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

tsob posted:

He'd consumed a pre-order slot. I don't know if that required a deposit of some kind, but even if it didn't the slot still has value and he was still putting time and faith in the slot as a product. Failing to guarantee that slot or give him a grace period if the order encounters an issue is a problem on their end, and reflects badly on them as a company. Probably impacting future sales, even if only marginally.

I did it as well, mostly because that's how I've always pre-ordered consoles, and because there was a store in town and I happened to be passing it so why not. I never even considered doing it online honestly, and it wasn't until I saw people talking about it that I even thought it must be an option and there's no reason it wouldn't be. I don't live in the US though, or even a prominent city of my own nation, so I'm pretty sure there'll be no issue with my pre-order, since I can't see there being enough sales in my little town for there to be a problem. I'm gonna drop in on Monday and see if they think they'll have any pro-controllers launch day. And possibly see if I can bag a neon Switch, since I never thought about color when placing my pre-order weeks ago. I probably can't, but most people probably didn't consider color when doing it either, so I have a little sliver of hope.

I mean, I live in a city of about 50,000 people absolutely covered with Gamestops (there's one in the mall on the other side of the highway from the one I ordered mine in, for starters) and yet at noon the day after preorders were announced, I got the last neon Switch. Meanwhile a friend of mine who lives in a semi-major German city preordered one today and said that the cashier seemed baffled by the idea.

I don't know if it's a difference in demand or that NOE allotted more systems than NOA did per store or what, but it's pretty different. It seems American availability is much lower and if you want one on launch in NA, you need to go to a Gamestop at midnight or a Toys R Us in the early morning.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Amazon UK is still taking pre orders. Are they just going to go on a waiting list or do they actually have day one stock?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm pretty cheesed about the other thread getting locked without videogames fakeposting a kill screen or something similar. Lazy!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

hopeandjoy posted:

who lives in a semi-major German city preordered one today and said that the cashier seemed baffled by the idea.

This is because Germans traditionally hate fun, or at least don't understand it

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

VideoGames posted:

I changed the title of the other thread like I promised I would too.

I'm so excited to get my switch next week. 😎👍🏻

same but instead play horizon ZD

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Infinitum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSp-4OYElS0

Snipperclips, now with 99% less swearing!

It's not just me, right? There's something about the way she's sitting, right?

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Steve2911 posted:

Amazon UK is still taking pre orders. Are they just going to go on a waiting list or do they actually have day one stock?

My delivery estimate says 9-10 March so I doubt they have stock to fulfill day 1s for everybody.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BambooEarpick posted:

I think Blacks and Asians have been allowed to sit together for a while now.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

BambooEarpick posted:

she can sit any way she wants

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so what I'm gathering is that Walmart only took preorders for the Grey Switches, and brickseek is showing they have red and blue ones in stock

I think I'll go to walmart and try to get one at release night, the one near me has 13 of the red and blue in stock and if they didnt take preorders for them presumably they are walkin

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Y'all should really be talking more about the fact that Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is a timed exclusive for the Switch at launch. Shovel Knight is rad and the newest campaign looks rad: https://youtu.be/BRwP0P5j05g

Zelda + RMX + Clips + Specter on launch day for me.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cicero posted:

Y'all should really be talking more about the fact that Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is a timed exclusive for the Switch at launch. Shovel Knight is rad and the newest campaign looks rad: https://youtu.be/BRwP0P5j05g

shovelknight is the best mega man game ever made

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

eonwe posted:

so what I'm gathering is that Walmart only took preorders for the Grey Switches, and brickseek is showing they have red and blue ones in stock

I think I'll go to walmart and try to get one at release night, the one near me has 13 of the red and blue in stock and if they didnt take preorders for them presumably they are walkin

good luck, friend. i got the grey one in the preorder rush from amazon but i really want two neon blue controllers :(

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Cicero posted:

gamestop better not cancel my pro controller so i can play specter knight as g*d intended :argh:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cicero posted:

RAD

I keep forgetting I never finished the Plague Knight one

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

good luck, friend. i got the grey one in the preorder rush from amazon but i really want two neon blue controllers :(

thx bud

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Amazon now has my preorder as arriving Friday instead of just saying March 3rd. It's happening.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

eonwe posted:

shovelknight is the best mega man game ever made
It's also tied for best NES game with SMB3.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

cool now i get to buy shovel knight a 3rd or 4th time

then again when they finish the dlc campaigns and do a physical release

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Amazon now has my preorder as arriving Friday instead of just saying March 3rd. It's happening.

thrilling posts that keep me up at night in a cold sweat

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

JackDarko posted:

Has anybody ever had a console shipped to them on release date by Best Buy before? I have mine pre ordered and I can't do midnight pick-up. It says delivery date 3/2/2017, wondering if I should be optimistic or prepare to be disappointed.

I have no idea either and I'm waiting for them to gently caress it up.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
does shovel knight include the previous expansion/base game?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Jimmy Hats posted:

It does if you buy the Treasure Trove version.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/02/specter-of-torment-and-treasure-trove-initial-release-date/

It looks like you can buy Treasure Trove for $25, which includes everything? I think I'll get that on my switch.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

I have no idea either and I'm waiting for them to gently caress it up.

They were the best place to get the GearVR, Oculus Rift, and Oculus Touch controllers on release day, for what it's worth, and that was the most recent electronics launch thing I paid attention to recently. I ordered mine from them for their midnight opening and I'm hopeful.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Cojawfee posted:

gently caress I got a lil hard but then I remembered Friday is the 3rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Shovel knight expansions are all free so if it doesnt it eventually will.

• Locked thread