Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Braun?
This poll is closed.
Owns 4 2.15%
Really Owns 5 2.69%
BRAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!! 57 30.65%
120 64.52%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
How will Young Boy Tom ever explain himself to his uncle and his daddy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Given how he is standing, I would imagine Young Boy Tom is very good at limbo.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Between JBL's female bodybuilder wanking and this, whatever Byron Saxton gets caught with better be good. Knowing him it'll be something lame like he forgot to pay for a coffee at a gas station :(

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Byron has been on a serial spree where he takes people's toast off their continental breakfast platters at hotels and he drops it in their milk.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Blaise330 posted:

Between JBL's female bodybuilder wanking and this, whatever Byron Saxton gets caught with better be good. Knowing him it'll be something lame like he forgot to pay for a coffee at a gas station :(

It's bad enough that Byron saxton gets caught in public being Byron saxton

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

JamMasterJim posted:

Another WWE poll.
http://www.wwe.com/polls/who-is-your-favorite-cruiserweight-competitor

First two were expected, the rest may surprise you

No Tozawa. Poll invalid. :colbert:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I think it'd be great if Byron and Otunga were booked into a feud

that takes place in the middle of Antartica so we never have to see or hear either of them again.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If there's one thing WWE is amazing at its finding the most boring black guys in the entire entertainment industry.

Or in Apollo's case, they'll go the extra mile to make sure they're boring.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

David Otunga is the most boring man alive regardless of race, experience, or fame of wife

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I guarantee the Otungas go to a breakfast place that has like 80 types of pancakes and they order the regular ones with no syrup.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Otunga's been alright at calling out JBL on his bullshit lately. Or at least at indirectly exposing the dumb WWE logic of heel commentators always doing mental gymnastics to root for heels when there's no real reason they should like every bad guy.

Byron however is unforgivable.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Sounded like JBL was going to pop a blood vessel trying to put over Tyler Breeze's char this week. I remember when he debuted he'd just hate on Breeze and Ziggler at the same time.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Blaise330 posted:

Sounded like JBL was going to pop a blood vessel trying to put over Tyler Breeze's char this week. I remember when he debuted he'd just hate on Breeze and Ziggler at the same time.

I want Breezango to get a 10 minute match so I can hear JBL go insane ranting about his political views on police

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Byron is good though

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I bet the Face gently caress Me Finn girl would've kept it quiet :colbert:

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

actually she would've tried to sell t-shirts about it

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Blaise330 posted:

I remember two times in like one week I heard somebody ask if JBL was having a stroke

Once when I think Jericho won and he decided to have a "you still got it" chant by himself and kept going until it was funny and then kept going until it stopped being funny and then kept going until it started being funny again, and once when he was like "they ain't got no kendo sticks in the serengeti!!! no ice cubes in puerto rico!!!!!!!!" I can't remember why.

I love JBL, the man's crackers

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i liked that two weeks when fandango was popular and he kept using "fandangoing" as a thinly veiled metaphor for loving. there were lines like "when was last time you fandangoed, maggle?!" or "i fandangoed in the shower this morning"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Blaise330 posted:

If there's one thing WWE is amazing at its finding the most boring black guys in the entire entertainment industry.

Or in Apollo's case, they'll go the extra mile to make sure they're boring.

How

How did they gently caress up Apollo so badly

He's a big man built like a truck that moves like a cruiserweight

You have to actively gently caress this up

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
He was called up too quickly. I don't think he had enough time to develop a character in NXT.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
He's also short and black. This is WWE.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Lid posted:

How

How did they gently caress up Apollo so badly

He's a big man built like a truck that moves like a cruiserweight

You have to actively gently caress this up

It's easy when you call him up too early, give him no personality, and give him zero feuds for months.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

keevo posted:

He was called up too quickly. I don't think he had enough time to develop a character in NXT.

Used to be you'd watch WWE and there'd be some guy you haven't seen show up and he'd bomb or shine depending on his move set, promo and how they'd use him. This is exactly how it is today, cuz most people don't watch the indies or NXT.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

things I know about apollo crews: he came from an underprivileged family, he likes shoes

i learned both of these by watching talking smack

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HHH has said they don't just call people up from NXT until they're ready and they know what they are going to do with them.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The thing is when Apollo debuted on NXT the feeling was he should've been on the main roster yesterday. Between the up top rivalry of Owens v Sami at the time Apollo was like a Lesnar level cant miss prospect - he had the look, he had the skills, he hady a body, no promos but when has that stopped WWE before when it comes to hosses.

Like he should've gotten over on workrate alone like Cesaro but they made him as bland as possible, including his in ring work toned down.

Edit: even before he debuted seeing stuff from Uhaa Nation made it seem like he was a dream - a ripped Willie Mack.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

oldpainless posted:

HHH has said they don't just call people up from NXT until they're ready and they know what they are going to do with them.

So you're saying he's a liar.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

HHH is even more unfit to take over the company than I thought if he looked at Enzo, Cass, and Apollo (just 3 examples) and thought they were absolutely ready. Not even getting into the "know what to do with them" part because :laffo:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Chris James 2 posted:

HHH is even more unfit to take over the company than I thought if he looked at Enzo, Cass, and Apollo (just 3 examples) and thought they were absolutely ready. Not even getting into the "know what to do with them" part because :laffo:

Cubone posted:

So you're saying he's a liar.

I think it was the Seth Rollins doc or at least he was talking about Seth Rollins. Something about how Seth was in NXT but he just wasn't quite ready yet. And then how bringing a guy up to the main roster with no idea of what to do with him only hurts the guy and the company so it doesn't make sense to randomly call people up.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

oldpainless posted:

I think it was the Seth Rollins doc or at least he was talking about Seth Rollins. Something about how Seth was in NXT but he just wasn't quite ready yet. And then how bringing a guy up to the main roster with no idea of what to do with him only hurts the guy and the company so it doesn't make sense to randomly call people up.

It's also known that Seth had a CM Punk esque chip on his shoulder for being ready forever and they just left them languishing in developmental, and several agents never wanted to bring Seth up because teaching him a lesson in false humility so..

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The blame for Apollo's failure lies squarely on the shoulders of creative. They failed to give him a character, they failed to give him any motivation, and they've failed to put him in exciting storylines. Blaming him is pointless because it's clear he's going out and just working with the pile of poo poo they smear all over a script for him every night.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The blame for Apollo's failure lies squarely on the shoulders of creative. They failed to give him a character, they failed to give him any motivation, and they've failed to put him in exciting storylines. Blaming him is pointless because it's clear he's going out and just working with the pile of poo poo they smear all over a script for him every night.

He was boring in NXT, too

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

IcePhoenix posted:

He was boring in NXT, too

Is creative suddenly not in charge of all these things for NXT?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I feel like not letting him do a flip helps. People lose their poo poo when BRAUN does a kip up. They would go nuts if Apollo was doing the sort of flips he did on the indies.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Apollo's first match against Finn, the one that Corbin came out and interrupted, was really really good and it's been downhill ever since

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Gumball Gumption posted:

I feel like not letting him do a flip helps. People lose their poo poo when BRAUN does a kip up. They would go nuts if Apollo was doing the sort of flips he did on the indies.

All this post made me think about was Braun doing flips and now I'm aroused

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Is creative suddenly not in charge of all these things for NXT?

His problem isn't his character his problem is that he has none.

Like I've literally never seen anything that suggests to me he has one and whenever I ask people for examples from his indy stuff the response is "he does flips!"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

I remember people saying that Enzo and Cass were being kept in NXT too long and their debut was over due.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He had this one good segment with Breeze where he was all smiley but in a lowkey threatening way like

:D hey we have a match next week
:D it's gonna be fun
:D are you looking forward to it too?

while constantly shifting position to stop Breeze from walking past him. That would have been a cool character to develop imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

oldpainless posted:

The idea that Tyler Black's indy career did not make him ready, but Big Cass' natural height did is basically WWE for its entire history, and I find it really loving funny that people like Terry Taylor are continuing it

• Locked thread