Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mr. Squishy posted:

If you can find a nicher bootleg comedy podcast merch I'd like to see it

Where's that from? It's incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's from here along with a bunch of Seinfeld things and a Knope 2016 bumper sticker.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's from here along with a bunch of Seinfeld things and a Knope 2016 bumper sticker.

Thanks, I bought a couple.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Highly recommend his stickers, I put it on my home brewed-beer so people know without a doubt that i'm a loving huge dork

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
There are also new official Hollywood Handbook stickers; they cost significantly more ($12!)

The Wolf Cool and Mouse Skellington designs are also available as t-shirts.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Anyone out there listen to the new howl show Schmucks, where this person finds the most hated people on the internet and talks to them. First episode was Steve Rannazzisi explaining how and why he started his 9/11 thing, and the 2nd episode is that hot comedian who made a disgusting video fat shaming fat people for no good reason.

I'm thinking about listening, but I probably don't hate myself quite that much.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

ArtVandelay posted:

Anyone out there listen to the new howl show Schmucks, where this person finds the most hated people on the internet and talks to them. First episode was Steve Rannazzisi explaining how and why he started his 9/11 thing, and the 2nd episode is that hot comedian who made a disgusting video fat shaming fat people for no good reason.

That sounds interesting and I like Steve Rannazzisi enough to give it a listen, but it does sound like it would get old fast if it's too much "I didn't do anything wrong, here's MY side of the story".

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Are there two podcasts called schmucks with the exact same premise because a friend recommended that to me but I thought it was about terrible internet people

e: i was thinking of a podcast called scumbag

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 25, 2017

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ArtVandelay posted:

I just heard about this and I can't remember where. I'd check out the Rannazzisi one, I suppose. I'd be curious as to what he says and it's pretty much harmless and I bet there's some arc of contrition. The second one just seems like a no win listen though.

Oh wait, I don't have howl. Oh well. Hey, remember when Wolf Pop was a thing?

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

ArtVandelay posted:

I just skimmed through that woman's wiki article. I already knew about the youtube video, but then I saw this:

quote:

On January 11, 2016, YouTube personality Matthew Santoro posted "My Abuse Story", a video in which he claimed he'd been in a physically and emotionally abusive relationship with Arbour. The video was originally set to private after Santoro ended the relationship but was accidentally made public. He decided to keep it that way after receiving support from fans. Santoro claimed he was manipulated into isolating himself from his friends and family because of Arbour’s jealousy, and was later even punched in the face. Arbour responded via a YouTube post stating "Heard the little bitch I dumped months ago is still trying to use me to get attention on his vlog channel. Ew."

I'm legit curious as to how you even begin to repair your public image after something like that, but not curious enough to deal with Howl.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ArtVandelay posted:

I'm not gonna give any attention to people who are actually awful and harmful to society. Goes for Milo, goes for Alex Jones, and any other gently caress who shows up on that podcast. Unless the show is 100% shaming them about their terrible viewpoints, what is the loving point?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

The Ape of Naples posted:

I'd check out the Rannazzisi one, I suppose. I'd be curious as to what he says and it's pretty much harmless and I bet there's some arc of contrition. The second one just seems like a no win listen though.

I felt exactly the same way. I listened to the Rannazzisi ep, it was pretty interesting and you do come out of it thinking he's a mostly ok guy who just really hosed up and feels genuine remorse. I started listening to the Arbour episode and I just couldn't. She's a bad person and that isn't fun or interesting to listen to. The third ep is apparently going to be Martin Shkreli which seems like it'll be more of the same. He's pretty much an unrepentant shithead.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

tnimark posted:

I felt exactly the same way. I listened to the Rannazzisi ep, it was pretty interesting and you do come out of it thinking he's a mostly ok guy who just really hosed up and feels genuine remorse. I started listening to the Arbour episode and I just couldn't. She's a bad person and that isn't fun or interesting to listen to. The third ep is apparently going to be Martin Shkreli which seems like it'll be more of the same. He's pretty much an unrepentant shithead.

I feel like some idiot comedian getting stuck in a lie he started at 23 really isn't the worst thing anyone's ever done. He obviously deserved some criticism and mockery, but anyone who's still furious about it and isn't a literal 9/11 widow is a crazy person obsessed with stolen valor.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
The Doughboys Patreon is up to $3k/month, can't believe they waited this long to monetize. Completely worth $5

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Sinteres posted:

I feel like some idiot comedian getting stuck in a lie he started at 23 really isn't the worst thing anyone's ever done. He obviously deserved some criticism and mockery, but anyone who's still furious about it and isn't a literal 9/11 widow is a crazy person obsessed with stolen valor.

I don't feel like listening to the whole episode. What exactly is his reasoning for lying about almost dying in 9/11 for 20 years?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Analytic Engine posted:

The Doughboys Patreon is up to $3k/month, can't believe they waited this long to monetize. Completely worth $5

Is there some way I can earmark a portion of my donation to fund the operating expenses and development costs of new functionality for Mitch.pizza

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

piratepilates posted:

I don't feel like listening to the whole episode. What exactly is his reasoning for lying about almost dying in 9/11 for 20 years?

I'm pretty sure it was one of those little lies people tell where like "I was in the financial district hours before 9/11" doesnt sound impressive enough in your head so you juice it a little but since he's media he couldn't walk it back. Norm McDonald had a similar issue where he claimed to have crawled through the wreckage, bones and smoking rubble, searching for his brother.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea Rannazzisi was an idiot but it was one of those things where he was in Manhattan during 9/11 and obviously the whole 'two buildings just got hit by planes in my area' thing rattled him but 'I was in the area but not really hit by anything but it was still scary man' is a less 'meaningful' story than 'yea I worked in the towers and not dying there made me realize life is short so I went to LA to be a comic'. It was a really stupid lie but everything from him has been pretty genuinely honest about acknowledging what a stupid lie it was and how ashamed he is of that.

From what I remember he wasn't even really 'caught' by anything big, was he? It was just like, he got a couple 'wait I don't think this matches up' questions and near instantly went 'yep, I lied, I suck, I'm sorry'. Really hard to hold a grudge there unless you are an actual victim of that attack.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I think it's obvious why he told the lie.

Comedians already have a tendency of being pretty loose with facts. Rannazzisi was in New York during 9/11, and he and his future wife decided to move as a result of the attack to pursue their dreams in Los Angeles. It's a decent origin story for media interviews, but he screwed up and decided to ramp up the suspense of the story a couple times. Similar lies happen during film biopics all the time in order to streamline the motivations of the characters. He improved the story with a form of stolen valor and hoped no one would find out.

He probably could have managed the initial media blowback when the lie was revealed, but he also announced that this was his hidden shame for about a decade. The shame aspect made it clear that he should suffer for awhile before a comeback can happen. The Rannazzisaissance?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

From what I remember he wasn't even really 'caught' by anything big, was he? It was just like, he got a couple 'wait I don't think this matches up' questions and near instantly went 'yep, I lied, I suck, I'm sorry'. Really hard to hold a grudge there unless you are an actual victim of that attack.

Didn't he get caught because he was drinking with Pauly Shore and confessed it and Pauly used it on stage like the next day?

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I think Dan Nainan stole his origin story.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I'm now slightly suspicious of Seth MacFarlane's story.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

I think Dan Nainan stole his origin story.

i can't believe Rannazzisi lied about where he gets his sushi

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Tatumje posted:

I'm now slightly suspicious of Seth MacFarlane's story.

Pretty sure he's gay.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget Trump lied about helping out on 9/11 too.

quote:

"Everyone who helped clear the rubble -- and I was there, and I watched, and I helped a little bit -- but I want to tell you: Those people were amazing," Trump said. "Clearing the rubble. Trying to find additional lives. You didn't know what was going to come down on all of us -- and they handled it."

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
noted germophobe donald trump digs through piles of rubble and incinerated corpses as the stench of death hangs in the air, yes, of course

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
"Additional lives" made me think he was looking for 1-ups.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
He must've been motivated after seeing all those Muslims in Jersey City celebrate when the towers fell

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Not sure how long it'll go on, but Auckerman and Scheer are presenting the Oscars from the party they're at live on Instagram. It's hilarious.

e: Okay, it just ended. But they said they'll be back periodically.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I didn't realize how much I missed Hayes and Seanc dunking on Cody until they started in on him, great episode

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I'm loving zooted out of my mind, man.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Is this Howl?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Oh is benson a weed comic?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Crindee posted:

I didn't realize how much I missed Hayes and Seanc dunking on Cody until they started in on him, great episode

I forgot about cody's superpower to just suck the air out of a room, it's like a comedic thermobaric bomb

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

padijun posted:

I forgot about cody's superpower to just suck the air out of a room, it's like a comedic thermobaric bomb

and yet there's just something about his water

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

padijun posted:

"...Corey."

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I liked the Chef Kevin and Sous Chef Cody bit for the Blue Apron ad. Chef Kevin uses only the freshest ingredients from Blue Apron!

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Not an Earwolf podcast, but Sean is on this week's Dumbbells.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The Horatio Sanz dumbbells ep was amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

The Senator Giroux posted:

Not an Earwolf podcast, but Sean is on this week's Dumbbells.

Thanks! It's why I follow this thread!