Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If the charge needed is equiv to othet energize items thats going to be really, really good. Especially since its also getting a mini-stormraiders.

Certainly better than before for melee, and possibly better for ADC's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Oh my god Ivern on URF is quite possibly the best thing in the world

my sides hurt so much from laughing

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 25, 2017

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Does Windwall really need to have a 3.75 sec duration? It's dumb enough that he can throw it the wrong way and still block poo poo half the time, but it doesn't also need to be active for that long.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Dear anonymous shithead, thanks for waiting to dodge until all the bans and picks had gone out and the game was a few seconds from starting :thumbsup:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Transient People posted:

Also, speaking of which, lol

https://twitter.com/PhRoXzOn/status/835284916510277633

I threw that 40% figure out like whatever but it seems like I was mostly on the money!

Why are they making the only adc usable keystone in the adc tree a triforce talent.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
has too much sustain, poo poo breaks lane

Transient People fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Feb 25, 2017

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

Now that URF is back, I'll only hate my team half as much.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Transient People posted:

has too much sustain, poo poo breaks lane

thank god we can play varus v jihn both starting sword pots, the unbroken adc meta everyone likes.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Adc life steal is completely busted rear end lovely terrible compared to every other point in the history of this fifty five year old game what an insane thing to think. 500 health in sustain! Jesus Christ!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Random URF is like playing Sega street fighter or Mortal Kombat, but your friend only has 1 six button controller. Sometimes he trades it, sometimes he's a spoiled dick.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

current warlords is too strong because the supports will kick your rear end enough that its always at max efficiency, and we'd like to fix that

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Playing against poppy in Urf is hell on earth.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Transient People posted:

Against an aggressive all-in lane Warlord's old sustain multiplies by four because you're hitting champions, so basically condense all that HP into big bursts of healing. That's part of what made it so strong - the sustain was good enough that it worked as burst healing in all-ins.

I'm talking about the 15% version. The current one is obviously the best laning keystone right now.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ayyyyyy I was able to get promoted to gold 4 and then get another 81 points by winning 5 games in a row, the curse is over

Sometimes the games just work out, 4 competent teams in a row who listened to calls and pinged timers

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Sexpansion posted:

Xin actually has a good win rate right now but I don't really understand, I think he's pretty lackluster in his current form.

e: i think he's fun to play, though. He's right along with J4 for me: fun champs that are pretty mediocre.
Had something on the other team complaining about my selection of the overpowered Xin. Feels good. http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2435437264/232831107?tab=overview

Having a maokai on your team also feels good.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I like to play rageblade spirit vision Xin in 3v3, infuriating ally and enemy alike as I refuse to die or contribute enough damage

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Hell on Urf, if you will.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I've decided URF isn't really for me. It's a fun idea in concept, but if you're on the side getting dunked on, the novelty/zaniness wears thin well before the game can actually finish.

Did they ever do a version of URF with picks/bans?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Yes non random Urf had bans because they didn't want people to pick Sona(1 man army) or Hecarim(Helicopter dick) every game.

I try out the "fun" game modes like Bloodmoon/URF but it often ends up not being that fun. I just enjoy the regular summoners rift more than these gimmicky modes and ARAM is fun too.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

urf owns actually

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

d0grent posted:

urf owns actually

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I lost a game in under 10 minutes to a Sona/Karma lane and I still think urf is fun

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The problem with URF is that a lot of people assume that the fun is in winning or getting super fed. The fun isn't that the fun is seeing stuff like

RealFoxy posted:

I lost a game in under 10 minutes to a Sona/Karma lane and I still think urf is fun

and going "holy poo poo this is bonkers! They have like 90 kills!" then trying to find something else similarly hilarious in your next game. In URF there is no losing; there is only second winner.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

See, that sounds ok. I'd probably be a lot happier with the mode if I didn't have to spend more than 10 minutes in the games where I/my team got stuck with lemon heroes that we couldn't play. That's the perfect length of time to enjoy the hilarity and spectacle. When it drags out for 20+ minutes, that's enough time for the hilarity to wear out.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I have never played anything other than normal summoner's rift.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The good news is, Kled is awesome in URF (perma rope, W always off cooldown so double 200% aspd, 30 second ult map supremacy)

The bad news is jungling on urf means an ally suicides into 2 enemies then afks in the enemy jungle (leaving only to steal your red)

Urf still fun, even with strange metagame gnomes

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Just had an Urf game as Teemo against a team that had Xin, Darius, Talon, and Jarvan. By the end of the game I was basically John Cena Teemo, because they sure as poo poo couldn't see me to land a hit. Blind dart supremacy.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Hexakill is the best featured mode because it's different enough from normal Rift to be a nice break while still resembling something that could be recognized as League of Legends

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Urf is poo poo because you see the same gd champs every game thanks to ppls urf accounts.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Urf Skarner is an unkillable destroyer of worlds and I pray I never have to fight it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Luna Was Here posted:

Urf Skarner is an unkillable destroyer of worlds and I pray I never have to fight it
Soraka's funny too because she can build certain items and just stand still and keep using Q on herself and nobody even wants to gently caress around with you anymore because you're gonna lose that fight

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

Leona gets that way too. The first few levels are a bit rough, but after that she can have her W up all of the time, perma root/stun people. You can put out pretty good damage if you get a Titanic Hydra/Sheen item too.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JerryLee posted:

Dear anonymous shithead, thanks for waiting to dodge until all the bans and picks had gone out and the game was a few seconds from starting :thumbsup:

Half of League is making sure no one else gets to have fun. :sun:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
league of legends is the WORST GAME IN HUMAN HISTORY

http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/165355444/201183569?tab=overview

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Luna Was Here posted:

The secret behind this is that they nerf to shields Riot puts in only hits the bonus scaling... and Skarner's shield is a 3 second cooldown whose base scaling is up to 14% of his max health.

Every 3 seconds.

Also you just mash his Q and permastun people with E.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Lord_Magmar posted:

almost any cc tank is obnoxious as gently caress and hits some level of perma CC. Alistair, Leona, Warwick, Ivern.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TheAnomaly posted:

almost any cc tank is obnoxious as gently caress and hits some level of perma CC. Alistair, Leona, Warwick, Ivern.

You forgot the best one: Spider-Man (Amumu)

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Neurolimal posted:

The good news is, Kled is awesome in URF (perma rope, W always off cooldown so double 200% aspd, 30 second ult map supremacy)

The bad news is jungling on urf means an ally suicides into 2 enemies then afks in the enemy jungle (leaving only to steal your red)

Urf still fun, even with strange metagame gnomes

don't try to jungle in URF mode you goddamn idiot

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

How Rude posted:

It is perfectly acceptable to jungle the first three levels so you can come in to a lane that's still at level 1 and snowball because you have 3 abilities and they have 1. Do not stay in the jungle consistently past this though, only go in there between lanes when you need health/more money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

How Rude posted:

you get a hilarious level lead and red buff for no mana cost or health cost, then you do a hilariously good gank and then instantly clear a camp on your way to your next gank

unless you get a meatball of a player who would rather lose than be wrong

• Locked thread