Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/835622476516311040

ed balls better be invited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Now this is what I'm talking about!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

The left loves nothing more than splitting into smaller and smaller factions over petty disputes. It is their raison d'être. Forget worker's and civil rights, they crave balkanization more than any of that.

makes sense, i've noticed that over the shift in names for centerists from "centerists" to "neoliberals" to just "liberals"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

the smelling my own farts face

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

basically from what i understand the left is actually smart/complex enough to have ideological differences which leads to constant dumb drama

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

JHomer722 posted:

He's a thin skinned piss baby, but last time he went he got mad and ran for president. I don't want to imagine what he'd do with his anger now that he's actually president. Maybe this is actually externally imposed self restraint?

I don't think that's him speaking, either. A lot of places were going to boycott the dinner before this week's events regardless, so now Trump is basically cancelling the whole reason for it because now he's really pissed off the media and they're out for blood.

Shageletic posted:

loooooooool at Trump not going to the Correspondent Dinner. He's basically a still alive Carrie, still shook about his Prom.

This has to be the first time he's stepping away from something to get him attention. Something is up, he or his little gang of thugs is scared.

Shageletic posted:

The major unions, from teachers to Autoworkers, worship the guy. He prosecuted hella good for the Civil Division of the DOJ. He's worked for decades with and for immigrant groups. loving loves the idea of raising the minimum wage. Did like the TPP (boo).

Here's an example of the articles run on him the last few years

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/sep/11/business/la-fi-afl-cio-perez-20130911

He's okay.

Perez reached out to Ellison, which shows he's at least smarter than DWS. Now if he can get money to the right places and get the 50-state strategy back up and going for a possible 2006-like wave, then that's what we need. As a Democratic voter I'm more worried about the party running for every election instead of handing states over to the Republicans. That's our main focus.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Democrats thread is currently more high energy than trump thread. Sad?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

blue squares posted:

Democrats thread is currently more high energy than trump thread. Sad?

high-energy like an excitable poo poo-throwing ape

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Alex Jones has tapped a freaking market

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration

GobiasIndustries posted:

Who is this years headliner? They better go hard

I hear Obama's got some free time these days...

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Perez reached out to Ellison, which shows he's at least smarter than DWS. Now if he can get money to the right places and get the 50-state strategy back up and going for a possible 2006-like wave, then that's what we need. As a Democratic voter I'm more worried about the party running for every election instead of handing states over to the Republicans. That's our main focus.

yeah the fact that appointed ellison means he's at least trying which is still 100 miles above dws

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

That DICK! posted:

what happens when you turn the handle on your tap and only the words "eat poo poo" come out

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

the election has already happened and perez is chair

So I'm gathering This thread has too many pages.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nice

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

The town hall with my rep went for four and a half hours, and he barely answered any questions.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Alex Jones is a millionaire because of idiot right wingers buying scam pills

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I hadn't even been aware of any coordinated campaign to block advertising with them like with Breitbart, I put it at 5:1 that he's just making it up

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shageletic posted:

So I'm gathering This thread has too many pages.

nah, it needs at least 1021 more

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shageletic posted:

The major unions, from teachers to Autoworkers, worship the guy. He prosecuted hella good for the Civil Division of the DOJ. He's worked for decades with and for immigrant groups. loving loves the idea of raising the minimum wage. Did like the TPP (boo).

Here's an example of the articles run on him the last few years

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/sep/11/business/la-fi-afl-cio-perez-20130911

He's okay.

but clinton and obama like him!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

The town hall with my rep went for four and a half hours, and he barely answered any questions.

did he get yelled at

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

That DICK! posted:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

high-energy like an excitable poo poo-throwing ape

???

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Yinlock posted:

yeah the fact that appointed ellison means he's at least trying which is still 100 miles above dws

at the very least it's more than Clinton ever did

... which isn't much at all, but y'know

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

basically from what i understand the left is actually smart/complex enough to have ideological differences which leads to constant dumb drama

You see similar-ish things on the right. Buisness wing just wants zero taxes and regulation, religious wing wants christian theocracy, alt-right wants a white nationalist state. Its just their purposes don't necessarily compete that often. You could have a white christian state with zero taxes (not actually but you know what I mean) so they don't have to work against eachother that often.

The real strength they have is patience. The christian right will elect endless business shitbirds that only ever gently caress over workers if they are willing to give a few piecemeal attacks against abortion. The left will not do the same.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

I hadn't even been aware of any coordinated campaign to block advertising with them like with Breitbart, I put it at 5:1 that he's just making it up

Alex Jones is... making something up?!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

Alex Jones is a millionaire because of idiot right wingers buying scam pills

i think u will find he is actually a blue collar salt of the earth honest american like u and me

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

Doesn't the 2018 map look bleak for Dems regardless of who the DNC chair is?

I mean unless something insane happens... Which can and will happen during the Presidency of Donald J Trump.

Everyone in the house is up for election every 2 years Montasque, please learn how the elections work before we get to the hottakes about who's gonna win.

The senate does look bad yes.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

You see similar-ish things on the right. Buisness wing just wants zero taxes and regulation, religious wing wants christian theocracy, alt-right wants a white nationalist state. Its just their purposes don't necessarily compete that often. You could have a white christian state with zero taxes (not actually but you know what I mean) so they don't have to work against eachother that often.

The real strength they have is patience. The christian right will elect endless business shitbirds that only ever gently caress over workers if they are willing to give a few piecemeal attacks against abortion. The left will not do the same.

just fyi the religious right is more white nationalist but unwilling to admit to it

they use faulty interpretations of jewish laws to hurt non-whites under the guise of god and christ

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

just fyi the religious right is more white nationalist but unwilling to admit to it

they use faulty interpretations of jewish laws to hurt non-whites under the guise of god and christ

what is religious law for if not to oppress the masses

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

Everyone in the house is up for election every 2 years Montasque, please learn how the elections work before we get to the hottakes about who's gonna win.

The senate does look bad yes.

Mid term elections are always bad for the democracts. But thats usually up to lack of voter turnout, and with the Trump in power and anger at a high point maybe people will come out.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

one thousand years of trump it is

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xik6rimPZ6E

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Mid term elections are always bad for the democracts. But thats usually up to lack of voter turnout, and with the Trump in power and anger at a high point maybe people will come out.

historically speaking, mid term elections are just bad for the party in power. 1998/2002 being the notable exceptions to this rule.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Shageletic posted:

I kinda agree? Making it about economic issues rather than just anti-Trump seems more like a sure thing (haha whatever).

Yeah maybe (definitely) I'm dumb but aren't they basically saying that becoming the new Party Of No No No is a bad idea and that they'd rather be the Party Of No, And Instead This

That doesn't mean collaborate, it means don't stop at 'no' and offer alternatives

Right? :ohdear:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/835568658747252736

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Assuming you only use a sample size of two, that's correct.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Iyw4x7ZzA

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
data point of one but white men are gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

this is such a serious massive lol turbolol
republicans make gains in 2018 now