Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Rhyno posted:

Something is definitely screwy. Like they signed a secret distribution deal with loving Walgreens as that's the only place people seem to be finding Wave 3 and even 4 already.

Not here in MA. Found wave three deluxes at a local Target and Wal-Mart. Haven't checked some of the other locations here though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I haven't explored all the modes yet but so far Sixshot is very fun. Some parts are a little trick to tab in but I'm loving the fact he can have an off-roading pal.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

OptimusShr posted:

Not here in MA. Found wave three deluxes at a local Target and Wal-Mart. Haven't checked some of the other locations here though.

Care to share where? The target and toys r us I drove up to in nashua NH were downright barren.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

In pictures of Kup and Chromedome, I'm really bothered by the fact that the headmaster seat in vehicle mode is in the middle as opposed to off to one side.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Who's a cool, chill kitty? Who?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Bruh, I'm so high right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SlothfulCobra posted:

In pictures of Kup and Chromedome, I'm really bothered by the fact that the headmaster seat in vehicle mode is in the middle as opposed to off to one side.

Check your Cybertronian privilege.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I've now bought Cheetor to sit next to Primal and never be transformed because I like beast modes.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Transformers drought still in full effect but then target had both Soundwave and Sixshot and the bastards made me choose

I went with sixshot.

But then they just had those two leaders. No deluxes or voyagers or even any RID. Bizarre.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Captain Invictus posted:

Care to share where? The target and toys r us I drove up to in nashua NH were downright barren.

Danvers MA target and Lynn MA Wal-Mart. Lynn had more than target though it has been a few days since I was last at Target.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

In a couple of weeks, I go back to the US for the first time since Chicago last year, so I'm intrigued what it's going to be like in Louisiana. Semisonic dude, any joy lately?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

OptimusShr posted:

Danvers MA target and Lynn MA Wal-Mart. Lynn had more than target though it has been a few days since I was last at Target.

poo poo, those are in the north shore, don't really feel like hoofing it an hour to get some robo dollies

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sockser posted:

Transformers drought still in full effect but then target had both Soundwave and Sixshot and the bastards made me choose

I went with sixshot.

But then they just had those two leaders. No deluxes or voyagers or even any RID. Bizarre.

You probably made the right choice. Soundwave is all over the place, Sixshot will no doubt be scare.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I have found Sixshot's ultimate alt mode y'all

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

The_Doctor posted:

In a couple of weeks, I go back to the US for the first time since Chicago last year, so I'm intrigued what it's going to be like in Louisiana. Semisonic dude, any joy lately?

I don't really hunt anymore, just stick to Masterpieces. But I do poke my head in to the toy aisles every now and then. All I've seen lately are those blind boxed guys that you pull a little tab on the head to transform and seas of Ravages and Laserbeaks. My local comic shop has like 6 deluxe Grooves.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

So I was just browsing Groupon UK, and saw Scattershot and Onslaught for £27 the pair, if anyone is interested.

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/set-of-two-transformers-generations-figures

Shame I already have Scattershot.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

the guy from Semisonic posted:

I don't really hunt anymore, just stick to Masterpieces. But I do poke my head in to the toy aisles every now and then. All I've seen lately are those blind boxed guys that you pull a little tab on the head to transform and seas of Ravages and Laserbeaks. My local comic shop has like 6 deluxe Grooves.

Oh hell no. On the plus side, I've discovered there's another two walmarts in BR that I'd completely missed.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Kansas Wal-marts are getting in Wave 3, just got Hot Rod and Breakaway.

Also, Peeps flavored Oreo, they are not great.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I was having a discussion with someone on Twitter the other day, and I think the reason I'm not digging Lost Light is that I don't think the art helps. I mean, it's a story about the rise of robo-fascism that loses all it's insight when it's drawn in such a cartoon-y style

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That's a theocracy with a caste system, not fascism.

I don't think the art is the problem, though I agree it doesn't fit.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Am I missing something with Six Shot or do his ankle tilts lock in a far to extreme an angle. Either that or they aren't ankle tilts and I somehow missed how they're used in a transformation?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Hot Rod is great, if a little long in the arms. Be careful of the arm clips on the back of the elbows though. They are a bit rough to get out on the first try and one side of mine has stress marks. Give them a little sideways twist (they will barely move), and they unhook easier.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got my Wei Jiang oversized CW Protectobots and uh, holy gently caress. I hope they do Menasor like this because it's unreal.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Apparently a bunch of older molds and sets have popped up as being available on Target's website, including molds as old as Thrilling 30 Springer or FOC Grimlock

Personally I'm going to grab a G2 Superion set once my money comes in on Wednesday

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

balmatrix has a video of MP Cheetor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezO5grz50h0

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Cheetor hit the PoL today but I'm waiting for Grindor.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

drrockso20 posted:

Apparently a bunch of older molds and sets have popped up as being available on Target's website, including molds as old as Thrilling 30 Springer or FOC Grimlock

Personally I'm going to grab a G2 Superion set once my money comes in on Wednesday

Most everything worth a drat is out of stock or only available in stores, but if you missed out on Combiner Wars Devastator, they've got him in stock for 170 bucks. Dunno what the going price for him is these days but that might be worth it if he's skyrocketed in price.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

drrockso20 posted:

Oh neat. I never got Springer or Sandstorm.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sandstorm is exceptionally good, get him. Springer is also good, but I like Sandstorm more.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Captain Invictus posted:

Sandstorm is exceptionally good, get him. Springer is also good, but I like Sandstorm more.

They're both incredibly good, but the top heavy-ness of Sandstorms boy mode makes him a little rough to display.

I keep him in a kneeling position kinda leaning up against some more stable dudes with Springer by his side in a dope warrior pose

Those dudes rule. Wish there was more versions of the mold outside of Cloud Rodimus which I'll never get

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sockser posted:

They're both incredibly good, but the top heavy-ness of Sandstorms boy mode makes him a little rough to display.

I keep him in a kneeling position kinda leaning up against some more stable dudes with Springer by his side in a dope warrior pose

Those dudes rule. Wish there was more versions of the mold outside of Cloud Rodimus which I'll never get

Botcon Battletrap?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah I really should. No idea why I never picked them up, honestly! I guess I shall scour TFW's BST forum for them.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Spiderdrake posted:

That's a theocracy with a caste system, not fascism.

I don't think the art is the problem, though I agree it doesn't fit.

I was referring to the whole "making tracts of society obsolete, rounding them up then disposing of them for the benefit of others" that the alt-functionist universe seems to be heading

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Generations Springer is a loving amazing figure. I doubt they could do an MP that would be a better representation of him.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Generations Springer is a loving amazing figure. I doubt they could do an MP that would be a better representation of him.

It'll be square n chunky cartoon Springer instead of slim n trim Generations Springer. That's different enough.

Rumor is there will be a new Movie Masterpiece Optimus based on The Last Knight.
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/possible-transformers-the-last-knight-mpm-optimus-prime-render/37477/

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
looking more 07/ROTF there - and it's gonna be tough to beat the ROTF Leader.

Tough... but definitely doable. By forgoing the light-and-sound features and intrusive MechAlive gimmickry, the torso can be made far more accurate and even support an articulated waist. The backpack can likewise be slimmed down, and all of those improvements can also offer room to better deal with the arm and shoulder kibble.

below the waist, though, ROTF Leader Prime is already a masterpiece - and the rumored render certainly seems to have acknowledged that! All he needs are the originally- planned slimming tires and fold-away toolboxes.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oddly, the third Movie MP is rumored to be Barricade. Then again, it's not that strange.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

DoctorWhat posted:

looking more 07/ROTF there - and it's gonna be tough to beat the ROTF Leader.

Tough... but definitely doable. By forgoing the light-and-sound features and intrusive MechAlive gimmickry, the torso can be made far more accurate and even support an articulated waist. The backpack can likewise be slimmed down, and all of those improvements can also offer room to better deal with the arm and shoulder kibble.

below the waist, though, ROTF Leader Prime is already a masterpiece - and the rumored render certainly seems to have acknowledged that! All he needs are the originally- planned slimming tires and fold-away toolboxes.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
if MP Movie Prime doesn't have a waist joint after all that, I'm going to feel cheated, DT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
MP Cheetor is pretty magical.