Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

bitey posted:

From Charlie Hebdo.

edit: poo poo, trying to get a picture up in here. Barely worth it.

edit edit: Giving up. It's a drawing of a man in a turban and a woman in a burka dancing, and the caption is "L'Allah Land."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The Copper Kaiser posted:

Did I hear you all asking for more sick burns on atheists?

Sometimes I think if just the burden of proof thing could be explained, everything else would take care of itself.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Samurai Sanders posted:

Sometimes I think if just the burden of proof thing could be explained, everything else would take care of itself.

No, then they go on to say things like 'if God isn't real why are there more than a billion Christians'.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

The Copper Kaiser posted:

Did I hear you all asking for more sick burns on atheists?

Virtual particles exist and have a lot more evidence than god

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Jay Rust posted:

Do we know for certain that "He" is God's preferred pronoun?

They don't even use/know God's actual name so its all kind of weird when we refer to a potential supreme being as "Hey, You" all the time.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Cripes, I can just picture a German paper printing a cartoon of brave and noble Hitler standing up to the Jew Media

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Do these lunatics think that people are okay with cisgender people peeking under stalls? Or just wandering around with their genitals exposed outside said stalls?
Right, I don't know what these people assume goes on in public restrooms. It's not a loving orgy, people and their children don't just stand around posing nude. Being in a public restroom isn't sexy, and anything people could do to try and change that is pretty much already illegal, assault, etc. It's not like you would let a cis woman do these things. The person being trans or not (or in other debates, straight or not) has no bearing on this.

Chris Straub did a pretty dead on comic on the topic.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_federal_executive_orders

Obama's executive orders per year in office(34.6) is the lowest since Grover Cleveland(31.7)

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Vib Rib posted:

Right, I don't know what these people assume goes on in public restrooms. It's not a loving orgy, people and their children don't just stand around posing nude. Being in a public restroom isn't sexy, and anything people could do to try and change that is pretty much already illegal, assault, etc. It's not like you would let a cis woman do these things. The person being trans or not (or in other debates, straight or not) has no bearing on this.

Chris Straub did a pretty dead on comic on the topic.

Straub doesn't do politoons that often, but when he does, he's pretty spot-on. Not sure how well-loved he is in this thread, since he's part of the Penny Arcade group, but I really like his work.

(And also, Penny Arcade is actually fairly decent most of the time.)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Dickwolves.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

(And also, Penny Arcade is actually fairly decent most of the time.)

Look out, man, making statements like "one of the most popular webcomics in the world is actually okay sometimes" is gonna get you in trouble.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

That happened six years ago.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

my fave:

this one's great too:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Somfin posted:

That happened six years ago.

The authors themselves bring it up with some frequency

It's got bad enough that their conventions and charities have been distancing themselves from the PA brand

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Improbable Lobster posted:

The authors themselves bring it up with some frequency

It's got bad enough that their conventions and charities have been distancing themselves from the PA brand

The gently caress? Every single Pax I've been to is drenched in Mike Krahuliks art, and the pair personally open and close every single one of them, with the singular exception of the year Mike had severe food poisoning and couldn't get on a plane to go to Australia. They are also on a gently caress load of the comedy panels and do their "make a strip live" panel in the main theatre.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

They themselves did take Penny Arcade out of the name of PAX (It's just called PAX these days, not Penny Arcade eXpo) and removed a lot of the branding from Child's Play. That is to say, that's something they did, not something that was done by those other groups to distance themselves. They wanted both of those things to be all-ages, which Penny Arcade the comic is definitely not.

And yeah, they've definitely brought up the Dickwolves thing once or twice since then, in the context of apologizing for it and explaining how they got to that place originally. Like, criticizing them for acting like jerks six years ago is fine, but pretending they're still doing the same thing today is wrong.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, that's why in response to Texas's bathroom bill, they've pulled PAX South out of - just kidding. It's staying in Texas, regardless of any bathroom bill. Because they care.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Starshark posted:

No, then they go on to say things like 'if God isn't real why are there more than a billion Christians'.

If Kirk isn't real why are there so many Trekkies?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

idonotlikepeas posted:

They themselves did take Penny Arcade out of the name of PAX (It's just called PAX these days, not Penny Arcade eXpo) and removed a lot of the branding from Child's Play. That is to say, that's something they did, not something that was done by those other groups to distance themselves. They wanted both of those things to be all-ages, which Penny Arcade the comic is definitely not.

And yeah, they've definitely brought up the Dickwolves thing once or twice since then, in the context of apologizing for it and explaining how they got to that place originally. Like, criticizing them for acting like jerks six years ago is fine, but pretending they're still doing the same thing today is wrong.

Or that time they said that they wished they never stopped selling dickwolves merch

Or that time they brought a bunch of white guys to play magic the gathering in the PAX "diversity lounge"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Oh my god I wish I'd never posted that comic.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

idonotlikepeas posted:

Look out, man, making statements like "one of the most popular webcomics in the world is actually okay sometimes" is gonna get you in trouble.

xkcd is pretty popular and goons hate it with a passion too.

Vib Rib posted:

Nothing wrong with that comic. It's not your fault that people brought up Penny Arcade.*

*which, for the record, I can't stand for artistic and humor reasons

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

You didn't even post a Penny Arcade, I'm sorry you don't deserve this. :(

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Edit: n/m

Straub seems like a cool dude.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Sorry, I should have known better than to bring up people who did a bad thing once.

Also, we should burn down their charity because they handled a controversy poorly. It's only fair.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:pwn:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Also, we should burn down their charity because they handled a controversy poorly. It's only fair.

Literally no one is saying that you dense motherfucker

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Literally no one is saying that you dense motherfucker

If mild sarcasm infuriates you that much, you should probably get off the internet and go for a walk or something.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
So, that Ramirez sure is a hack, isn't he?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Or that time they said that they wished they never stopped selling dickwolves merch

First link I posted is literally about that and why he said that; but sure, feel free to ignore contrary evidence.

EDIT:

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah, fair enough, this is the wrong thread for this. Apologies.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Two Pulitzers! Imagine.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Two Pulitzers! Imagine.

Did he ever sack up and draw Donald?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Did he ever sack up and draw Donald?

just the once in recent memory, I believe, unless you count a car that metaphorically represents him

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Angepain posted:

just the once in recent memory, I believe, unless you count a car that metaphorically represents him

That whole comic was just laughably cowardly. "Sure, he's a bigoted pathalogical liar who is visibly harming and destabilizing the country, but dem tax cuts doe!!!!!"

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Sandpuppy posted:

"You know.. with my free healthcare, my pension, and social security income."

Seriously. How did ~the right~ suffer under the Obama administration?

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Their president had slightly more melanin in his skin than they were comfortable with. Also, we started treating LGBT people like actual humans.

It was like being in the Krakow camp under Goeth. :qq:

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
People started calling bigots, bigots when they used racial slurs or slurs against LGBT people. This caused untold suffering among people who could not hold their dirty tongues. Now they are free.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The first thing that jumped out at me was

quote:

He appointed the most diverse cabinet ever. Has this caused your suffering?
If you're of a certain mindset then yeah, this is causing suffering, just as surely as my president and his cabinet being pathetic sacks of poo poo is doing it for me.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 26, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

quote:

Gays and Lesbians can now marry and enjoy the benefits they had been deprived of. Has this caused your suffering?

Obama shut down the US secret overseas prisons. Has this caused your suffering?

He passed the Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Prevention Act. Has this caused your suffering?

People are now covered for pre-existing conditions. Has this caused your suffering?

He passed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. Has this caused your suffering?

Obama banned solitary confinement for juveniles in federal prisons. Has this caused your suffering?

He outlawed Government contractors from discriminating against LGBT persons. Has this caused your suffering?

He overturned the scientific ban on stem cell research. Has this caused your suffering?

He protected Net Neutrality. Has this caused your suffering?

President Obama repealed Don’t Ask Don’t Tell. Has this caused your suffering?

He banned torture. Has this caused your suffering?

Solar and Wind Power are at an all time high. Has this caused your suffering?

He appointed the most diverse cabinet ever. Has this caused your suffering?

quoted those to which Republicans will answer yes for sure.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

How could you give your own brother the spicy nerve gas Dominic?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

BarbarianElephant posted:

People started calling bigots, bigots when they used racial slurs or slurs against LGBT people. This caused untold suffering among people who could not hold their dirty tongues. Now they are free.
"I was/I am tired of being called a racist!" / "This is what happens when you accuse people of racism!" may be my personal pick for the worst talking point in the wake of the election. Holy poo poo.

• Locked thread