Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

TV dog Wishbone of PBS posted:

Whoever suggested making my Raider a black woman, thanks. It's incredible how incensed people get over this

BLACK VIKING ERRYDAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Help I can't stop playing Lawbringer (he's poo) :(

It's a very fun, stylish class in spite of its obvious flaws, which will hopefully be ironed out in the foreseeable future. I like that there seems to be this friendly sort of comeraderie between Lawbringers that I've encountered while playing, even between those on opposing sides.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 25, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is this poo poo still down?

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

fadam posted:

Is this poo poo still down?

yes

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

TV dog Wishbone of PBS posted:

Whoever suggested making my Raider a black woman, thanks. It's incredible how incensed people get over this

I haven't played at all with character customization but I am 100% making my berserker black if possible if it really does piss assholes off.

e: I made a black kensei too but it's not like you can tell.

Garrand fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 25, 2017

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I can't wait for the first game to do For Honor but like, really, really right, with a lot of character customization; it sucks just being the same fuckin' character all the time.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I like how a big player tournament was about to start and the servers are blowing up.

Server issues in a P2P game :cripes:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I can get on, though uplay won't synch my achievements, however my NAT is now strict red. Cool.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Internet Kraken posted:

I like how a big player tournament was about to start and the servers are blowing up.

Server issues in a P2P game :cripes:

Yeah the problems with the matchmaking server are really unforgivable especially considering its p2p. Like, I think the p2p was a smart move and the engineers had a plan there for designing the games to actually play smooth once you get in them, but if anything p2p should take a lot of load off their end of the severs. They need to buy more servers yesterday or something.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Evil Canadian posted:

Ahhhh hes fine, hes got more going on for him than the actual bad classes.

Who are you considering actually bad if not Lawbringer? Obviously Valk but who else?

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
I'm actually changing my mind about the Lawbringer, I think he could be a lot better than people give him credit for. Both him and Valk have some very wonky hitboxes on certain moves. It is almost as if doing a chain attack unlocked is actually a different move but they don't have the animation for it.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

Who are you considering actually bad if not Lawbringer? Obviously Valk but who else?

Probably Raider, given the slow attacks/guards and lowest damage in the game off guardbreaks.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
so wait stun time is tied to debuff resistance?

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Lawbringer's legit one of the funnest classes to play in this game who cares if his frame timing is 0.00531 instead of 0.00283 for the second hit of a guard break counter after a feinted fuckin' whatever woop woop law train comin' atchoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-80YojFooio

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Kainser posted:

This never happened.

Excuse me Anarchy Onlines release was flawless. I think companies use to want people to have a good experience with what came in the box now a days it's "gently caress it we can patch it/add it later". When I was young I was on macs (Lc250 or was it lc3 either way, bondi blue imac) and I may not have bought games on release so that probably skews my outlook.

swampcow
Jul 4, 2011

When playing with shugoki, I feel like Indiana Jones when a berserker rounds the corner, stops to size me up and I shoot him in the face with my bow.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
I'm almost rep 2 on Lawbringer and still really enjoy it even though you can really get beat down. It just seems like the correct movesets vary wildly based on who you're up against. Newbie? Poke them off a thing.
Super fast attacker? Light top head poke interrupt and try to stagger them on a wall.
Big guy? Maybe parry but it seems like dodging around works so much better since on a party you'll never have time to get a heavy off.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Campbell posted:

I'm almost rep 2 on Lawbringer and still really enjoy it even though you can really get beat down. It just seems like the correct movesets vary wildly based on who you're up against. Newbie? Poke them off a thing.
Super fast attacker? Light top head poke interrupt and try to stagger them on a wall.
Big guy? Maybe parry but it seems like dodging around works so much better since on a party you'll never have time to get a heavy off.

If you parry a light I think you can always get the overhead heavy off.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
so uh my NAT just randomly went from green to red and now I can't play anymore. I have changed absolutely nothing on my end. Help?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
So last night my NAT type was green as normal, and now this morning after absolutely nothing has changed it's strict red. wtf

e: ^ snap

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Campbell posted:

I played against someone yesterday evening who complained, with complete sincerity, that throwing people into walls was dishonorable bullshit and should be removed from the game.

The next round I proceeded to do nothing but throw him into a wall and light poke him until he dropped.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

I can't tell if the servers are the problem or my crap isp. I can get into games and play for about 3 minutes before getting disconnected.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

how me a frog posted:

so uh my NAT just randomly went from green to red and now I can't play anymore. I have changed absolutely nothing on my end. Help?

Some people complained that it was unfair that their NAT was red while most people's was green, so Ubisoft decided to even things up by making everyone's NAT red.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah the problems with the matchmaking server are really unforgivable especially considering its p2p. Like, I think the p2p was a smart move and the engineers had a plan there for designing the games to actually play smooth once you get in them, but if anything p2p should take a lot of load off their end of the severs. They need to buy more servers yesterday or something.

I think the p2p was a terrible move from the standpoint of people wanting to play the game without a lot of issues, judging from the fact that there's constantly disconnects and freezing. I mean, maybe p2p isn't objectively terrible and there's some magical perfect p2p solution out there that doesn't have any of these problems but it's sure as poo poo not in this game.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Mambo No. 5 posted:

I can't tell if the servers are the problem or my crap isp. I can get into games and play for about 3 minutes before getting disconnected.

The servers have been hosed up for the past two hours or so

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Well at least we can play against AI right now.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

FunkMonkey posted:

I played against someone yesterday evening who complained, with complete sincerity, that throwing people into walls was dishonorable bullshit and should be removed from the game.

The next round I proceeded to do nothing but throw him into a wall and light poke him until he dropped.
The more I play this game, the more I learn things I never knew about honor. For instance, dodging backwards from a zerker death spin is apparently dishonorable, and using the Valk sidestep block is super dishonorable. Guard break counters are cheap too, so I think they're dangerously close to not being honorable. Also, using the purple color on a kensei is both dishonorable and 'fagity' according to one kid who dropped before I could get a 3-0 in duels.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

The whole "honor" thing is just a series of presumed handicaps to compensate for an inability to do something. 2v1 is dishonorable because they can't handle multitargeting and using the environment. Wall staggering is dishonorable because that fool could not counter guard breaks to save his life. Same thing for cliffing.

I always sneer at people who patronizingly switch to "dishonorable" tactics after I use them, as if it's punishment for me rather than something I take for granted.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 26, 2017

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Being a raider is suffering

Also I consider Warden Vortex to be dishonorable. When people bitch about me ledging them and hip thrusting I say that's why I did it.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
The Code of Honor is an amazing 21st century manifesto designed to grant insight into the art of driving idiots crazy and harvesting their tears.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Dishonorable act: playing For Honor.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

FunkMonkey posted:

Dishonorable act: playing For Honor.
Oh so that's why they hid the gameplay behind so many menus and matchmaking timeouts

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

:negative:

They can switch one thing back to how it was in beta without switching everything back to how it was in beta. How do you not get this. They're only switching how you can't guardbreak when you already made an attempt. That's literally what it says.

I don't know at what point he started trolling you but probably pretty early.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Honor is stupid having basic manners is not. (no matter what the Hearthstone thread thinks) It's okay I feel better telling them I reported them for not playing the game.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
How do you express how you feel about honor on PS4? My guess is it's hyper-spamming your favorite emote?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
They should have made the game 1v1 exclusive if they wanted to push 'For Honor' concept. Except they didn't :colbert:

Also fix the drat server, Ubisoft!

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Aesis posted:

They should have made the game 1v1 exclusive if they wanted to push 'For Honor' concept. Except they didn't :colbert:

I mean the entire campaign pretty much says "you can play with honor or you can actually win at fighting it's your call chief but one of those sides is the losing side so haaaave fun"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ragg posted:

I think the p2p was a terrible move from the standpoint of people wanting to play the game without a lot of issues, judging from the fact that there's constantly disconnects and freezing. I mean, maybe p2p isn't objectively terrible and there's some magical perfect p2p solution out there that doesn't have any of these problems but it's sure as poo poo not in this game.

We've discussed this before, but those are seperate issues. The server and matchmaking problems would exist regardless of the connection scheme.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yep on valk, Raider is very limited, and even though I love him to bits Kensei isn't that great either. Lawbringer def better off than those 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.