Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This is the kind of enemy infighting I can get behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Comrade Fakename posted:

I wouldn't say the Edge review contains major spoilers. What's the policy of review scans on here, anyway? Because I have a link I could post if people want it.

To be explicit it contains the totality of the main goals outlined, and what happens as you complete them. Which might be more than a lot of people wanted.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mulva posted:

To be explicit it contains the totality of the main goals outlined, and what happens as you complete them. Which might be more than a lot of people wanted.

"Do thing x times then fight the end boss"

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Final boss gameplay speculation based on a couple sentences from that review:

the review mentions that the big guardians aim a laser sight at the the castle after you beat their dungeon, so I'm guessing the final area/boss will be much harder the earlier you go, even going past the fact that you have less powerful gear, without their help

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Steve2911 posted:

"Do thing x times then fight the end boss"

It gives you a lot more than that, even having a part hilariously going "I don't want to spoil what this gives you, but <pretty much a description of exactly what it does>". Which is cool, but people might not want to know quite so much about the plot and the rewards and the upgrade system and the pretty much everything else. And if they don't, that might be an article they want to skip.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

It's as much a spoiler as "Link has to fight through eight dungeons to find the magical musical instruments that will awaken the Wind Fish" is for Link's Awakening. I.e. information you expect to find on the back of the game's box.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Skyward Sword had quite a bit of innuendo as well:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Yeah everyone please be careful with spoilers as we get closer to release and ESPECIALLY after release. I expect this thread to look like a redacted CIA document on Friday.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm not even gonna be touching this thread Friday, Saturday or probably for several days after that. Not because of a fear of spoilers, but because I'm reading it now to tide me over till the game comes out and I won't have that need when I own the game and can play it at will. I'll probably drop in to see other people's experiences and see the gifs of them after a week or two, but I really doubt I'll be visiting the thread for a while at least.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

MokBa posted:

Yeah everyone please be careful with spoilers as we get closer to release and ESPECIALLY after release. I expect this thread to look like a redacted CIA document on Friday.

Can you just update the OP with the non spoiler details and mention that anything else is considered spoilers?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

sigmachiev posted:

PSA: The full EDGE review has leaked and contains major spoilers. I checked it briefly and stopped after a few glances. What I did gather was that this looks like the first time in a Zelda game where the story is legit awesome instead of "Hey this is neat and I dig the lore."

how does it compare to the greatest story in any zelda game: majora's mask?

being serious here, majora's mask has a really great story/world. i know nothing about botw because i'm afraid of it being like skyward sword all over again and getting hyped only to spend the whole game convincing myself i was actually enjoying it instead of it feeling tedious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y688upqmRXo

axeil fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 26, 2017

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
Pouring over all the recent previews, I'm very pleasantly surprised at just how systems-based this game looks to be. I'm usually not one for sandboxes but it is all the attention to detail in the physics, weather and animals that has me the most excited about exploring the new Hyrule.

Can't wait for Friday.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I am sincerely mentally and physically preparing myself to go to the midnight launch and then go to work on Friday on 0 hours of sleep

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I have Friday off so I'll probably play the game for like 15 hours a day on my 3 day weekend :smug:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I work a 7/7 schedule and luckily the game comes out on my off-week so I'll get a few solid days of play in before heading back to work. But the real question is, when the gently caress during the day is my Switch gonna be delivered? I'm going to be an anxious mess all drat day waiting for that package.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm off all weekend too. Though I do have to walk the dog, which will take up a bit of each day. Still, if the adverts are right that shouldn't stop me Switching up my Zelda.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

MokBa posted:

I work a 7/7 schedule and luckily the game comes out on my off-week so I'll get a few solid days of play in before heading back to work. But the real question is, when the gently caress during the day is my Switch gonna be delivered? I'm going to be an anxious mess all drat day waiting for that package.

Should've preordered at a store so you could just rock up when it opens and start playing when you get home. Sorry 5pm amazon delivery bros

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Imagine if your delivery driver finishes their shift before getting to your place and you have to wait until monday

Or they put one of those cards in your mailbox in the 17 second piss break you desperately decide to take

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

:stare: Artax?!

E: Beaten. But props. That's a hell of a gif right there.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I've seen this .gif a ton in the last few days, but this is the first time i've noticed the mushroom two thirds of the way down the cliff.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

Should've preordered at a store so you could just rock up when it opens and start playing when you get home. Sorry 5pm amazon delivery bros

My love of sleep and my hatred of lines slightly overshadow my love for Zelda. Slightly.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I just beat Zelda 1 for the first time. This is pretty awesome.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Is the big horned guy throwing the stalfos off the cliff because of monster hostilities (a la Doom) or because "hey, I'm bigger than you and you're expendable anyway :throws at Link:"?

Either one is really cool.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Assuming the latter. He is throwing his good friend at you in that .gif.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Hey buddy, give me a boost so I can fight that guy.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I know it probably happened a second after the gif ends, but it's weirding me out that I don't see the skeleton fall into the water.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Cojawfee posted:

Hey buddy, give me a boost so I can fight that guy.

Just imagine those dudes are always making skeleton related puns and that big guy is so tired of their poo poo he starts flinging them at Link so that he won't have to hear any horrible zingers for a while.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Apparently some Sears in Mexico is breaking WiiU street date so watch out for that

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Welp I tried to buy a refurbished Wii U from Nintendo's Online store and it tells it has an issue processing my order so I'll have to call them sometime tomorrow. First world problems.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Just imagine those dudes are always making skeleton related puns and that big guy is so tired of their poo poo he starts flinging them at Link so that he won't have to hear any horrible zingers for a while.

Now we know to attack the big guy's elbows if his weakness is funny bones.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

:perfect:

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK7rU316Pns

Sometimes....people are unlucky. Can't stop laughing at this.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/rOG6uvw.gifv

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Joink posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK7rU316Pns

Sometimes....people are unlucky. Can't stop laughing at this.

When do you think it set in that regular arrows won't blow up the barrels for this guy, after the 15th one? No wonder Nintendo put in so many tutorials in recent games, people are dumb.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

There's something amazing about how tumbling across the ground does damage to you over time

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Gameover nerd

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Played ten minutes of BotW after the zelda room escape. poo poo's Fun. Jumped off a cliff and barely survived just to not go to the old man and stuff, tried and failed to mug some bokoblins and eventually found the barrel spot with Bill Trinnen's big E3 fail so i could kill a bunch of them, steal their gear and fight some more bokoblins before my time was up. It just felt really good. Handheld mode is a lil too small for me on the switch, joycons feel better when i can hold them however without worrying about the screen's position.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

spoilers for the best thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Legend of Zelda: Link's Pro Skater