Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006

Space Crabs posted:

Also it's obvious that the launching of the missiles was the metaphor for birth control, the NauVoo was your buddy frank that likes to cockblock you all the time, and Naomi and Holden having sex was a metaphor for capitalism.

Crushing rear end to dust is an allegory for imperialism.

:D We're through the rabbit hole...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

gfarrell80 posted:

:D We're through the rabbit hole...

Not yet.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VagueRant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktnPXYSaqGg
preview scene for ep 6. Good scene. Lots of Amos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzSCvzVmh40

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Crushing rear end to dust takes a grim meaning when you realize Belter girls probably don't have the strongest pelvic bones

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
That's hot, actually.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I caught up with this season last night and slogged my way through this thread and here I am now

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
which episode and yo momma joke were your favorites

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Error 404 posted:

Yo momma so barren the MCRN are tryin to terraform her

Was the best one.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
:agreed: but :goonsay: it should have been the MCR

Number Ten Cocks fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 25, 2017

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I skipped the yo momma jokes because they had worse writing than Bobby and her CO and my favorite episode is every one of them because if/when we get to Marcus this show is going to stink like Wookie

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
:frogout:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Amos was the best part of the show last season and he's even better this season :swoon:

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Episode two and the one about if we crashed yo momma into Eros this thread would agree with the math.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Phi230 posted:

Crushing rear end to dust takes a grim meaning when you realize Belter girls probably don't have the strongest pelvic bones

Have you ha' you rear end crush to dust? Unable get to doin the nasty? Feelin like major bad down below?

Call Cere's Finest Law Offices and get you somma dat script

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Miller banged the belter girl and then got to make out with a protomolecule.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
io mama is jupiter

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
:golfclap:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Sorri papa, yuor jokes as old as you!

That character is my favorite this season

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
YM "pampaw" HTH.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

withak posted:

YM "pampaw" HTH.

Inyalowdas huh

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the best thing about the amazon stream is being able to skip the angry martian marine scenes.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

withak posted:

YM "pampaw" HTH.

It honestly didn't help that much, sorry. Report for coffee pot cleaning at 01:00

Dancer
May 23, 2011

etalian posted:

the best thing about the amazon stream is being able to skip the angry martian marine scenes.

But but you'll be missing out on the emotional impact when half these people die (also the Lt. is cool we like him)

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Armilla posted:

It's an Emsa City Cup (Amazon.co.uk link), but I hear there are problems getting them in the US at the moment. I made some transparent transfers for the logo. If anyone can find a place to get the cups I can help out with the transfers.

Here's it for 25 shipped on US Amazon, but kinda pricey.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Carteret posted:

Here's it for 25 shipped on US Amazon, but kinda pricey.

Opportunists were selling it for $50 early this month, so that’s a deal.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Dancer posted:

But but you'll be missing out on the emotional impact when half these people die (also the Lt. is cool we like him)

Half? I thought there were more than two marines.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I love people who's priorities are such that they cannot spare 90 seconds to watch a scene they don't like in a show they presumably do like, but they can take time out to inform the internet of their decision.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Just caught this episode and god drat I haven't been that emotionally impacted by a beautiful scene in TV in a while. It's basically the music, which when composed and coordinated well with good cinematography makes me feel like a big crybaby. It's too bad without Miller around this show's gonna become a lot less interesting but considering what they've pulled off in the last couple, I'm definitely on board for whatever it's got.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Did the Martians even have scenes in either of the last two episodes?

I know they didn’t in E05.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Nope. The bit marines couldn't act worth a drat.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

gfarrell80 posted:

Was the best one.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

:agreed: but :goonsay: it should have been the MCR

Y'don't undastan' nuteen'. Me crush rear end to dust!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

Nope. The bit marines couldn't act worth a drat.

Makes me wonder why they even bothered introducing them before the Eros plotline was wrapped up. Maybe some actor screen-time contract shenanigans? :raise:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

Makes me wonder why they even bothered introducing them before the Eros plotline was wrapped up. Maybe some actor screen-time contract shenanigans? :raise:
Bobbie is a fan favorite from the books. Like Avasarala they probably wanted to introduce her early to excite the fans and generally put more of a known good thing in the show. I know I was excited when I heard season two would open with Bobbie.

Unfortunately she's not automatically great in any context, and "sitting on a ship while angry" is not the most entertaining premise.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Bobbie so far as done very little of note compared to Naomi, Avasarala and now Drummer whose actions and decisions are changing the whole Solar system. I'm sure she will step up in the future once the circumstances put her on the spot.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I think like the Roci crew, they wanted to give Bobbie more of an emotional change story arc and setting her up as this ra ra super patriot hardass marine starts her with more range.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Whoever said the marines from the Donnager were a cooler version of marines was right, I remember in the book they start off with like 7 marines when get picked up and one by one the guys at the back start disappearing and Holden is like "Wait, what about John?" and is told "John isn't coming with us."

They were portrayed as grim robots who didn't think twice about giving their lives to the mission in order to buy a couple more minutes for the team. Way cooler than Trust Fund Tammy and doofy Earth guy

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I actually liked the Martian marines once they stopped dunking on Earth Guy and showed some empathy so my only real complaint is that their power armour reminds me a bit too much of the nonsensical armour permutations from the later Halo sequels that nobody likes

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Season 1 martians had just the right amount of smugness.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Tighclops posted:

I actually liked the Martian marines once they stopped dunking on Earth Guy and showed some empathy so my only real complaint is that their power armour reminds me a bit too much of the nonsensical armour permutations from the later Halo sequels that nobody likes

Uh, everyone lived Halo: Reach, the last game ever made in the series. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I reread the first book and sort of completely forgot how little Earth is involved in it.

• Locked thread