Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Jimmy Hats posted:

Incandescent bulbs are superior to all other bulbs, gently caress the gay environment

this is sure to be a heated discussion!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Axolotl posted:

Honestly, Trump seems like the kind of rear end in a top hat that would want to go back to incandescent bulbs. I don't know why conservatives had a drat hardon for incandescents a couple of years back, but they did. It was similar to the way they embraced large fountain drinks and Chick-fil-A.

There's a tiny handful of circumstances where the extra radiant waste heat of incandescents is a benefit, like very bald men in very drafty homes.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Axolotl posted:

Honestly, Trump seems like the kind of rear end in a top hat that would want to go back to incandescent bulbs. I don't know why conservatives had a drat hardon for incandescents a couple of years back, but they did. It was similar to the way they embraced large fountain drinks and Chick-fil-A.

It's literally gently caress YOU YOURE NOT MY DAD.

To be fair CFLs are garbage and incandescent were phased out before LEDs were good and cheap so there was a period of time to be legitimately mad. That time is now over.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Get REALLY beefy and post more confessions you little pissbitch

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
I cried when the they tried to give me a new tenor horn in school. I was very attached to my old one.

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
I bought incandescent bulbs recently because I'm poor and it made me feel really guilty :smith:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
In my second job I had in high school I found a case of really crazy incandescent bulbs. They were probably four or five times the size of normal bulbs, but with the same size socket, the glass was completely clear, and they were faceted, with no curved edges.

I never found out what they were supposed to be used for, but to this day I regret not stealing them

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

thomawesome posted:

I bought incandescent bulbs recently because I'm poor and it made me feel really guilty :smith:

Ever since they came out with carbon offsets, companies have been trying to cancel out burning coal and poo poo by doing "green" stuff, otherwise they pay extra taxes.

See if your electric company is in that boat, I got enough free bulbs to basically never have to buy them, the new ones last so long.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

thomawesome posted:

You can get a 6 pack of 10 year led bulbs for like $12 at home depot, don't go to your local grocery store or hardware store because they will want like $6 for a bulb.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

SniperWoreConverse posted:

In my second job I had in high school I found a case of really crazy incandescent bulbs. They were probably four or five times the size of normal bulbs, but with the same size socket, the glass was completely clear, and they were faceted, with no curved edges.

I never found out what they were supposed to be used for, but to this day I regret not stealing them

Cut glass bulbs, sometimes called Victorian Bulbs if you're old. They're used when people want an olde timey feel to their light fixtures. Usually for outdoor stuff or for lit chandeliers, sometimes for fancy sconces, lights built into porches and hot tubs or driveway lights.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
Sorry about not posting, had a busy weekend.

quote:

I have admittedly pretty sub-par personal hygiene but see no reason to change it. I'm unmarried, don't plan on getting married, and live alone. No one at work has complained yet either.

I know a few people shower every day, and most people do it at least every 2-3 days. I'm more like once a week. Especially now in the winter, it's so cold I don't sweat very much and don't see the need to waste 10-15 minutes every day showering. I also can't use a lot of chemicals due to sensitive skin and hair, so my showers are "Old World Style" - I rinse myself off with a washcloth and water, nothing else. It's better for me (and for people in general) but there's a stigma set up by the Cosmetic industry that you've always gotta use soap and shampoo or you're gross.

I also don't believe in using fluoride since the population control aspects are pretty well known. And since water's fluoridated and toothpaste is too, my teeth brushing routine is outside the norm a bit. I gargle with some bottled, boiled water. Then brush with baking soda, then rinse again. It's a better clean than the toothpaste industry gives you, but it's not considered "normal". What's admittedly bad is I only brush every 4-5 days because I have sensitive gums that bleed pretty often if I brush too hard.

But before passing judgment, I'll note again that nobody has ever complained about my hygiene in any way.

quote:

While on a drug fueled trip across the pond, I ended up getting a really bad infection. That was nearly a month ago and the infection hasn't gone away, it's only gotten worse. I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose my hand at this rate, given that I can see the tendon and bone as I type this.

I do not have insurance and would rather just chop the thing off myself than go into debt so some doctor can line his pockets.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Smelly goon with rotting gums: just because people don't tell you that you're disgusting doesn't mean that they don't think that about you. Take a shower every day. A real shower with hot running water and soap. Brush your teeth every day. Your gums are sensitive and bleeding because you don't brush your teeth and you will probably need to see a dentist to fix it. These are not options, do this now and every day of your life from now on.

I'm not going to acknowledge the fluoride thing.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
oh yeah population control you loving dimwit

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Dare I even ask when the last time you flossed was?

And so help me if you try and cite that study from August.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
is Mr. Rotten Hand going to amputate the hand himself or is he going to have a medical professional do it. bleeding to death cuz of self amputation because you don't want to go into medical debt is a very Darwin Award kind of situation.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Your body knows how to regulate itself. When it's ready for your arm to fall off, it simply will. Don't feed Big Pharma; Mother Nature knows best.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

uber_stoat posted:

is Mr. Rotten Hand going to amputate the hand himself or is he going to have a medical professional do it. bleeding to death cuz of self amputation because you don't want to go into medical debt is a very Darwin Award kind of situation.

I sincerely hope he cures his stupidity before gangrene cures it for him

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

The Management posted:

I'm not going to acknowledge the fluoride thing.

It's a COMMUNIST PLOT to SAP and IMPURIFY all of our precious bodily fluids!!

Also seconding the advice re: the goon with poor hygiene. Just because you can't smell yourself doesn't mean other people can't. rear end Burgers isn't a federally protected disability, your employer can and will fire you for smelling like a sewer.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Creative goon overplayed their hand with the batey fluoride gimmick

SnoozeOrder
Aug 2, 2016
They make fluoride free toothpaste too you know, keeps the pineal gremlins away.

Also most people just grin and bear it when someone comes around smelling worse than a sweaty rear end in a top hat unless it's physically revolting to the point of almost vomiting.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Yeah goon you don't have sensitive gums, you probably have severe gingivitis.

People not complaining is irrelevant -nobody wants to have that conversation so they will just ignore it and hope someone else will handle it. I guarantee they talk about it behind your back though because there's no way you don't smell like rotting rear end.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
not being controlled by the government is definitely a good reason to let all your teeth rot imo

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Infection goon, just remember, if you decide to do it, drink a ton of booze and take a bunch of aspirin beforehand to numb the pain.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

can you not just drive into canada and go to hospital there

Gossip Kills
Feb 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
OP chevon martin its not that your kind leaves toronto its that your kind leaves toronto .

and it has nothing to do with your skin color or you being black

and it has everything to do with you being A VIOLENT NIGGRESS

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
Smelly goon please take care of yourself. Soap isn't a conspiracy. You describe 10 to 15 minutes showering as wasted time but that's not true. It's the antithesis of wasted time; it's productive time. How might you describe the 10 or so minutes it took to write your confession? Or the time you spend browsing GBS.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

It's a good idea to shower after browsing GBS actually.

idgaf about u
Feb 26, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
2 goon cousins doesnt mean poo poo to me. when u bring the racism in the first place and the violence expect it back after 20 years of forgiveness .

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

quote:

It is a bad idea to leave your Email open on your friends computer. My friends did this back in 2000 whilst we were at college. I looked through his Hotmail and noticed that he had recently mailed his girlfriend.
So obviously myself and 2 other friends thought it would be funny to compose a love poem. We took about an hour to compose it and it was truly terrible. The only lines I can recall are

"You are like a sexy carrot and I want to eat you but not actually eat you, I'm not a cannibal!" She was ginger

and

"I will kiss your coochie every day!"

The day after they split and he was very sad and withdrawn, may not be the most serious thing but I feel like we interrupted the course of true love and still feel guilty to this day.

quote:

I fled my home country 8 years ago and have been living illegally in Toronto Canada ever since. I'm not ashamed of what I did. When your family and friends all cut you off for coming out as a big queermo, you do what you can.

I had friends in Toronto who(at the time) took me in. And I made it work for me somehow. I managed to get work as a waitress working under the table and find my own place. Though I have many times been stiffed at different establishments, I kept at it.

It took me years to save up the money to get a lawyer to assist me in the long overdue process of finally immigrating. I've still had to sit on the process for almost five years without getting it started as I had to spend a great deal of time and money recovering the necessary documents from my old country over phone and mail.

By all accounts I should be proud of what I've accomplished. But as the years go on, I can't help but feel bitter about everything. About losing my job, my family, my friends, my home country. Never finishing my education. Having to slave away for a fraction of a livable wage in dead end jobs that can and have exploited me because they know they can get away with it. And I lost it all because I was queer. And I guess I just have never had time to process all that. And I don't know how to deal with the emotions that have begun to creep up after all this time.

The thought of how much easier my life could have been all these years if I hadn't come out upsets me greatly. Even though I know I would have done it again. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm trying SO SO hard not to become bitter and jaded, and I feel that I'm losing that fight. I can already tell I'm far more cynical than I was even two three years ago. I don't like who I am anymore. And I don't think I'll be able to take steps to fixing who I am until this is all done and over with.

I've been too busy surviving for the past 8 years that I don't know what it's like to not fret about having money to eat or pay rent anymore. And with the current sociopolitical climate in the States, all I want is to desperately get my application in ASAP. At least that will give me a light at the end of the tunnel. that no matter what happens or how long it takes, eventually I'll hopefully be able to have a normal life again.

I just want to be able to work and pay my bills like a normal person again. Go back to school. And not have all this hanging over me anymore.

idgaf about u
Feb 26, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
im not blue like u and writing correctly seems tragic after all ive been through . peeing ur pants in 4th grade is not the end of the world. the idea that someone can base an entire psych profile off that and still continuously gently caress up shows y we have cain and abel if we have to get old testament with it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

That first one is stupid. Those lines aren't even funny (although they do sound like something someone who says "whilst" would find funny), and I doubt they broke up solely because of that.

Second one, it sucks about your family but I'm sure there were solutions that were actually legal, so it's hard to feel bad about your struggle to formally immigrate after taking advantage of your host country for almost a decade before deciding to come clean.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

idgaf about u posted:

im not blue like u and writing correctly seems tragic after all ive been through . peeing ur pants in 4th grade is not the end of the world. the idea that someone can base an entire psych profile off that and still continuously gently caress up shows y we have cain and abel if we have to get old testament with it.

Goddamn do I love your textbook unmediated schizophrenia shtick. Never stop, Dare.

idgaf about u
Feb 26, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

That first one is stupid. Those lines aren't even funny (although they do sound like something someone who says "whilst" would find funny), and I doubt they broke up solely because of that.

Second one, it sucks about your family but I'm sure there were solutions that were actually legal, so it's hard to feel bad about your struggle to formally immigrate after taking advantage of your host country for almost a decade before deciding to come clean.

SA isn't my host country. The internet is. These are not your lands, and you sow what you reap.

idgaf about u
Feb 26, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

KomodoWagon posted:

Goddamn do I love your textbook unmediated schizophrenia shtick. Never stop, Dare.

I'm not schizophrenic though and labelling people with mental illness is the oldest Neo-Nazi Jingo trick in the book. Pure cowards. Take a fall to avoid death not to win fights in social media or gossip u pathetic loser .

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

idgaf about u posted:

SA isn't my host country. The internet is. These are not your lands, and you sow what you reap.

what

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

idgaf about u posted:

I'm not schizophrenic though and labelling people with mental illness is the oldest Neo-Nazi Jingo trick in the book. Pure cowards. Take a fall to avoid death not to win fights in social media or gossip u pathetic loser .

what mental illnesses have you got if not schizophrenia

idgaf about u
Feb 26, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
if you can't put together two abstract concepts with limited information as k8 told me many times then y ru talking to me or using a computer? shouldn't u pick up a few more books instead?

idgaf about u
Feb 26, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
LURK MORE human being

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Queer goon(ette), I don't blame you one bit. You've done a huge amount with no family or network in place in a foreign land where people could (and did) exploit you. On the one hand, I'd be proud of myself and what I'd managed to do, but I think I'd also be bitter and angry that you needed to and that such prejudice exists which necessitates it. Maybe one way of making it feel a bit better is by actively working to change things, if you aren't doing that already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Cut glass bulbs, sometimes called Victorian Bulbs if you're old. They're used when people want an olde timey feel to their light fixtures. Usually for outdoor stuff or for lit chandeliers, sometimes for fancy sconces, lights built into porches and hot tubs or driveway lights.

See the thing that throws me off is that they were nowhere near as fancy as what's coming up in gis. Think of an extremely simple cut gem with maybe 10-12 facets total. These suckers were big too, at least 6" long. Dunno.

Ps clean yourselves and don't let parts of your body rot off. Not really something you can skimp on imo