Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

Woof Blitzer posted:

Donald J. Trump is the president of the United States of America.

hosed up if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Woof Blitzer posted:

Donald J. Trump is the president of the United States of America.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

anime was right posted:

they already took over california soooooo

Yeah, I'm glad for that, but it just goes to show that all these years of centrist domination have been enabled by an apathetic left

Hopefully they keep their momentum and don't peter out because Ellison only getting second place means the Dems are unredeemable to them

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Big Modi Fan, Here.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Ah yes the great state of Delaware with its $8.25 minimum wage and cost of living comparable to NJ.. lmfao!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Main Paineframe posted:

Yeah, I'm glad for that, but it just goes to show that all these years of centrist domination have been enabled by an apathetic left

Hopefully they keep their momentum and don't peter out because Ellison only getting second place means the Dems are unredeemable to them
a lot of people here realize they're in it for the long haul

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Only two murdered so far so not too bad.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Concerned Citizen posted:

Dems just won a 50/50 state senate district in an 18 point blowout so there's some good news today

Also it was record turnout, up from the 2014 midterms. Marino lost his race by 4 points then and is losing by 20 points now

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

There's always a silver lining:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/835669903759839232

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

oh the dems won that seat? gently caress yeah

glad all their efforts paid off

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

what a bunch of loving permalosers

are you seriously smugging it up factional-style over a state senate seat

like, are you under the impression that people ITT are Republicans who would be mad about this, or that the outcome of one state senate seat has implications on the Democratic Party's wider ideological identity crisis

Pack it in boys, the Dems won a state senate seat, guess we're all #WithHer now :sigh:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Israel will forever be the enemy of democracy

https://twitter.com/nomikikonst/status/835314705807917059

Never forget that these racist apartheid animals hate you and will never let you be free to progress.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
You don't want to draw too many conclusions from state senate specials but it's definitely a real good sign about who has the energy.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

a lot of people here realize they're in it for the long haul

the west coast is one of the few places in the country where there seems to be anybody with their poo poo remotely together these days

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

etalian posted:

lolling at the optimists who thought a Trump defeat would cause them any serious reflection and change of strategy.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel will forever be the enemy of democracy

https://twitter.com/nomikikonst/status/835314705807917059

Never forget that these racist apartheid animals hate you and will never let you be free to progress.

lol "unfairly demonizing"

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Gross

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

how do you fairly demonize

that's only kind of a smartass question

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I did enjoy watching the Israel lobby go absolutely, disgustingly loving apeshit over a congressman who has been supportive of them his entire career over the most trivial loving differences tho

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Rand alPaul posted:

The kiss of death. Democrats are screwed in 2018 and 2020.

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/835612427312054276

lmao holy gently caress :vince: nooooooooooooo

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

i like bankers and hate palestinians so its a good day for me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Bip Roberts posted:

This would be a good facebook banner.

I know someone who has it as such

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

lmao holy gently caress :vince: nooooooooooooo

I think statistically Bill Kristol has to be right once in his life.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

lol "unfairly demonizing"

After Trump got elected a Israeli company that makes high tech walls got a big surge in stock price.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

"Hillary Clinton is an amazing politician who everybody loves and is very popular for a reason and is a master debate and rhetorician and is going to trounce Trump with all her amazing oppo research."

These same people, later: "Trust me, working class people are going to like Perez a lot more than they ever would Ellison."

Honest to god, it is amazingly creepy how the same lines/arguments are getting trotted out. It really is/was a primary recycle.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

Honest to god, it is amazingly creepy how the same lines/arguments are getting trotted out. It really is/was a primary recycle.

It's like expecting the Phoenix Suns to have a winning record

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F4K9F7waSY

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Homeless Friend posted:

out of touch people projecting what working class people would want? i never

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

anime was right posted:

out of touch people projecting what working class people would want? i never

Look what happen the last time bad dems believed the working class owed their vote to democrats and didn't believe dems had to earn the vote.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

but seriously tom perez looks and talks like a ghoul who died a week ago, why do they want to put him on tv

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

Watch how many times someone describes themselves as "realistic," " sensible," "pragmatic," and probably a few other buzzwords I'm forgetting, in order to gauge how big of a soulless self-interested piece of poo poo they are, it lines up remarkably well

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q55FCQYvXkQ

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Homeless Friend posted:

Well at least this time Hillary picked Bernie as VP.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

buttigieg would have won

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Well at least this time Hillary picked Bernie as VP.

A Hillary/Bernie ticket would have won in a blowout.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

If there's one thing working-class people love it's being talked down to about how trade deals that ship their jobs overseas are Actually Good.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shear Modulus posted:

A Hillary/Bernie ticket would have won in a blowout.

Gotta repay that political favor to the world's most boring white man, though!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Perfect Potato posted:

Watch how many times someone describes themselves as "realistic," " sensible," "pragmatic," and probably a few other buzzwords I'm forgetting, in order to gauge how big of a soulless self-interested piece of poo poo they are, it lines up remarkably well

a friend described Perez as the "safe choice" today and I wanted to jump off a bridge

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Are you aware that Tim Kaine speaks Spanish, he's basically our abuelo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

Thank you Kaine for resigning the DNC chair position so you could be a failed VP canidate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/835670834803007488

• Locked thread