Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Everything i heard out of the beta wasn't impressive but gently caress it, co op chill mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yea it finally connected and i farted around for about an hour with some randoms just driving around and shooting things. seemed alright

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, the driving seems better, the cover system works a little better, but then someone connected to my game for a little bit and poo poo went crazy until they disconnected, probably because I wasn't able to talk to them.

Was weird because it was pretty decent up until that point.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

FastestGunAlive posted:

Everything i heard out of the beta wasn't impressive but gently caress it, co op chill mode

It oddly is a fairly relaxing game. The world looks amazing and there's chill ambient music off and on.

There's still some minor quirks that I hope get ironed out before launch but I've got a good feeling it'll be an alright game. And I'm a huge sucker for co-op PvE.

Plus with their being no PvP, there's no chance of things getting nerfed to placate them while making GBS threads on the PvE folks like what happened to The Division over and over again :haw:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
wilin out lands feels like a coop centric 3rd person farcry 4 and thats alright by me. couldnt see myself playing through it solo, its pretty loving boring that way. but loving around with some buds it definitely shines

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013
If anyone is interested in playing some wildlands coop my steam name is the same as my SA name.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Don't forget!

https://twitter.com/illusorywall/status/829902872301146112

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

idk what im doing this time but now ive completely gotten into dark souls 3

only took like 10 or so tries

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I'm gonna destroy every shield I pick up this play through. Dual wield all the way baby. Maybe some ultra great sword action for good measure. :darksouls:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

idk what im doing this time but now ive completely gotten into dark souls 3

only took like 10 or so tries

Ds3 is my favorite. They learned from their mistakes in 2 and made an amazing game that feels a lot more like 1 but way better.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

idk i still love 2 the most

im way more into the PVE and not much into PVP these days though

i just got to the point in the game where im backtracking for stuff and filling out a greatsword build. i kinda hate how nerfed sorcery feels in ds3 tbh

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh hell yes. I'm one of those weirdos who thinks DS2 was the best in the series.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm one of those weirdos who thinks DS2 was the best in the series.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh hell yes. I'm one of those weirdos who thinks DS2 was the best in the series.

gross

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Fister Roboto posted:

Same. I love the majula music and just chilling looking at the sunset on the ocean. I really dig the ds2 vibe.

Also dual wield power stance maces is the most fun.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
im not a fan of how they handled the sotfs poo poo in ds2, but i generally like the mechanics in 2 the most out of the series. not having functioning poise in ds3 is loving garbage, and its definitely my biggest complaint with that game

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Poise works in DS3, it just does something completely different than the last two games. It gives you some interrupt resistance, while doing certain attacks, with certain very heavy weapons.

(it's basically useless)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Loving the heck out of this DS2 run. I forgot how much slower and methodical this game feels.

Bear seek seek lest.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

im not a fan of how they handled the sotfs poo poo in ds2, but i generally like the mechanics in 2 the most out of the series. not having functioning poise in ds3 is loving garbage, and its definitely my biggest complaint with that game

what didn't you like about sotfs? just curious

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I'm slowly starting to really really like ds2. Seems so much bigger and power stance is the tits. There just seems like there is a lot more to the game.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Played the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta for a bit. It was cool and I pre-ordered it because I enjoy playing Tier 1 Barbie Narcos dress up.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Poise works in DS3, it just does something completely different than the last two games. It gives you some interrupt resistance, while doing certain attacks, with certain very heavy weapons.

(it's basically useless)

hyper armor ≠ poise. youre right tho, there is poise in ds3, but only for the enemies. its loving bullshit that even the weakest attack staggers you unless youre in a very specific frame invulnerability during attack startup

n4b, my bitch about sotfs is that from decided to release a remaster of ds2 a year later. sure they offered it for cheaper if you had ds2 already, but it should have been a free update. also the lighting model still isnt that great, especially compared to bb or ds3

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

For me Scholar is like the director's cut of DS2.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Wtf DS2? No permanent red eye orb. Suck my dick from the back.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Wtf DS2? No permanent red eye orb. Suck my dick from the back.

you can get plenty of cracked red eye orbs, you just gotta join the brotherhood of blood covenant and win duels

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yay! The poison level!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

n4b, my bitch about sotfs is that from decided to release a remaster of ds2 a year later. sure they offered it for cheaper if you had ds2 already, but it should have been a free update. also the lighting model still isnt that great, especially compared to bb or ds3

makes sense

i had original for pc and bought sotfs for ps4 so i paid full for both like an idiot bitch

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i think i ended up paying 30 bucks for the upgrade and it came with all the dlc which i had none of, so it wasnt a ripoff. but i still didnt like how they handled it. wouldve been more justified if they jammed it into the bb engine

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Few things are more :darksouls: than a "friendly" phantom trying to murder you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c77Jowociho

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Fister Roboto posted:

Same, but I picked it up on the PS4 as SotFS after playing 1 years before, so I feel like I didn't get a lot of the bullshit a lot of people dealt with at launch

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
So this is a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPnTa1UJPEI

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
👎

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The Ford Focus SE is a really good car I assume they have ironed out the transmission issues

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

holocaust bloopers posted:

Played the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta for a bit. It was cool and I pre-ordered it because I enjoy playing Tier 1 Barbie Narcos dress up.

This beta is a lot better than the last one. Graphics performance is better for one. On a 1080 the last beta chugged randomly but this time it's smooth as all hell with everything maxed. Also playing on the highest difficulty is the way to go. The second area they added for this one gives high hopes for the rest of the game. Anti air, alert sirens, power generators you can disable, well placed enemies and patrol routes, poo poo is really well done. The new area gives a much more mgsv feel.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Anyone else stoked for Horizon Zero Dawn?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Raises hand

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

booooooooooooooooo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I would love to have sat in on these meetings.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Fart Sandwiches posted:

This beta is a lot better than the last one. Graphics performance is better for one. On a 1080 the last beta chugged randomly but this time it's smooth as all hell with everything maxed. Also playing on the highest difficulty is the way to go. The second area they added for this one gives high hopes for the rest of the game. Anti air, alert sirens, power generators you can disable, well placed enemies and patrol routes, poo poo is really well done. The new area gives a much more mgsv feel.

This really does remind me of MGSV without the batshit crazy bits and (to me) really tedious grinding of materials to upgrade your equipment. Resources are still there but it's not like you need a million units of fuel for some middle of the road gear. I love sneaking around bases and outposts, tagging everyone until all the red blobs on the map are gone.

Then I turn on thermal vision and use my three dot laser pistol cause holy poo poo it looks exactly like the predator's laser :unsmigghh:

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Anyone else stoked for Horizon Zero Dawn?

Yeah, though I still need to get a PS4. So many games I want on it are either ones I've played on the PC, or are coming to the PC. Right now it'd just be that one and then some poo poo that isn't even out yet :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Capn Beeb posted:

This really does remind me of MGSV without the batshit crazy bits and (to me) really tedious grinding of materials to upgrade your equipment. Resources are still there but it's not like you need a million units of fuel for some middle of the road gear. I love sneaking around bases and outposts, tagging everyone until all the red blobs on the map are gone.
Metal Gear?!