Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

What about for the Locust pack. The only thing I've piloted since I got it was the pirates bane.

Also I am part of the problem for giving them 5 bucks :(

I don't think Cyrano understands "Don't give PGI money" is like our longest running joke. We say it all the time everytime someone buys something, we say it even when WE buy something. I said it when I bought the loving Warhammers and the Pirates Bane. I mean, it sucks he doesn't like it, but you also can't expect to know all the poo poo when you never play with us.

That said, yes you are part of the problem, you shitler. Even though Locusts rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
As a further aside, I think the biggest issue with PGI are the people who are heading it up, not the actual people making the game. I imagine if Russ, Paul, and Bryan were to resign ( which will never happen as I think Russ and Bryan are co-owners ), the people taking their places would probably do infinite better jobs and less boneheaded decisions.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I had to give them money to offset the good in this world, I still feel dirty though.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

jesus loving christ they got lazy with this latest event.

3 days premium if you KMDD a Super nova. That's it. Everything else is for the SN pilots.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Cyrano4747 posted:

jesus loving christ they got lazy with this latest event.

3 days premium if you KMDD a Super nova. That's it. Everything else is for the SN pilots.

Well they really want you to buy the full Supernova pack, obviously. Come on, just give PGI what they want. You scratch their back and they'll scratch yours...

(do not do this)

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Discussion suggests it's because they have been criticized in the past for having big events when the public test server is up, which makes for very low PTS populations.

So instead of making the event work on the PTS or anything like that, they just had a really lovely event so you wouldn't feel like you were missing out by not playing the normal game.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty much just waiting for the skill revamp to hit live so I can reassess my favorite mechs and get them sorted out.

The other mechs I don't care anymore about I'll probably continue to ignore.

Sorry Grasshoppers.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Got another 3 day MWO ban. Apparently calling people cishet scum breaks the TOS.

quote:

GM Patience (Piranha Games)
Feb 24, 11:10 PST

Hello,

We have continued to receive multiple reports about your in-game conduct concerning actions that are viewed as detrimental to other player’s and the general gameplay experience. The specific offense is/are:

Non-Participation
The absence of even one player in a match can directly impact the playing experience and level of enjoyment for all other players in that match. Initiating the search for a match should be seen as an unspoken commitment to all other players who will be placed into a match with you. While we understand that life goes on regardless of your participation in a game, engaging in acts of non-participation is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

Harassment/Defamation/Insults/Toxicity/Non-Constructive Behavior
Consistent and repetitive unsportsmanlike conduct is subject to moderation action if the behavior is determined to contribute toward a general pattern of toxicity. Offensive language, harassment, defamation, insults, misrepresentation, and generally toxic or otherwise non-constructive behaviour is prohibited by the Code of Conduct.
Responding to another player who has violated the Code of Conduct is not an acceptable excuse for violating the Code of Conduct yourself.

For your reference, here is a sample of the questionable content from your chat logs:
ALL-loving cishet shitlord
ALL-how dare you accuse me of trolling
ALL-bitches with dicks
ALL-im hiding one in my butt
ALL-So, you guys like chilli dogs?
ALL-how many heil hitlers can you say in ten seconds, Wilhem?
ALL-lol its a nazi kerensky on our team
ALL-I wasnt kidding. I really do suck dick good
ALL-I can suck dick really good
ALL-Is LORS short for WHORES?

As a result of your continued misconduct, we have no choice but to suspend your account for 72 hours. Your forums access has similarly been revoked for the same amount of time. If you continue to violate our Code of Conduct/Terms of Service in any way in the future, be it on the forums or in-game, you will face a permanent ban.

You may review the Code of Conduct here: http://mwomercs.com/conduct

You may review the Terms of Use here: http://mwomercs.com/terms

GM Patience
Piranha Games

Skoll fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 24, 2017

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Skoll posted:

Got another 3 day MWO ban. Apparently calling people cishet scum breaks the TOS.

Doing Gods work.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

Skoll posted:

Oh no! You'll miss this weekend's event! :(

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Skoll posted:

How many is that at this point?

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011
#killallcishetwhitemechs

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Sonderval posted:

#killallcishetwhitemechs

Hey sonderval, you drinking and playin tonight? I haven't heard any good stories lately.

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011
I wish I could matey but for some fool reason I now run 5k every Saturday morning (doc said get fit or die).

So sadly no more Friday night drinking and roboting.

.... and 350 hours in Rimworld may have something to do with my absence.

Also gently caress PGI, game bad, dont give PGI money, etc. etc.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sonderval posted:

I wish I could matey but for some fool reason I now run 5k every Saturday morning (doc said get fit or die).

So sadly no more Friday night drinking and roboting.

.... and 350 hours in Rimworld may have something to do with my absence.

Also gently caress PGI, game bad, dont give PGI money, etc. etc.

Get Blackwake and play that instead.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I finally have gaming-capable internet after almost a year of not and for some reason I want to reinstall this shitheap. Am I making a mistake goons? Is the mumble server still populated?

Also I see that Urbies and Wolfhounds are in now, damnit. I hope you can buy those with ingame money?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Player numbers are stable but it's been a few months since there was a patch that added anything to the game, really, so there's very little excitement going on about the game right now and the mumble is pretty dead most nights.

Urbies are out for CB and fun but bad. Wolfhounds have been out for CB for a while also and were really really good for a short time but are now really bad.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Well I guess I'll just reinstall and see how the game feels coming back then. I haven't played for probably a year and a half, IIRC the last I played the first resistance pack was being hyped.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

WarLocke posted:

I finally have gaming-capable internet after almost a year of not and for some reason I want to reinstall this shitheap. Am I making a mistake goons? Is the mumble server still populated?

Also I see that Urbies and Wolfhounds are in now, damnit. I hope you can buy those with ingame money?

Everything but hero variants, the brandy-brand-newest mechs, and a few oddball variants you probably don't care about anyway are available for fake space robot c-bills.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

aniviron posted:

Urbies are out for CB and fun but bad.

WRONG

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

WarLocke posted:

Well I guess I'll just reinstall and see how the game feels coming back then. I haven't played for probably a year and a half, IIRC the last I played the first resistance pack was being hyped.

Pubbies are still terrible. Like, "they love to play LRM assaults with joysticks" terrible.

Drop solo queue a few times, stay in cover to @300m, and unleash brawling hells upon them.

Group queue is a crap shoot, but the difficulty curve ramps up noticeably from tier 3 to tier 2.

e: Skoll is right, Urbies are OP af.

armchairyoda fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 26, 2017

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Urbies are OP like Bad rats is a great game, amirite

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
Nah, everyone ignores the Urbie... and the Urbie ends the round with 3+ kills and 700+ damage.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Urbanmechs are very good. Probably the third best light based on their amazing hitboxes alone. (1 and 2 are the Locust and Cheetah)

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If you can't do good in an Urbie, you just suck. They're cheap, fun, and you can do a lot of different builds on them.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

WarLocke posted:

Urbies are OP

Correct sell all your mech and buy urbies.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

Correct sell all your mech and buy urbies.

Maybe, they're cheap as hell.

But I'm really thinking hard about the Archer with 9 missile mounts. Seems like it would be even more ridiculous a streak boat than the old Catapult...

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WarLocke posted:

But I'm really thinking hard about the Archer with 9 missile mounts. Seems like it would be even more ridiculous a streak boat than the old Catapult...

Buy an Archer if you want your arms and torsos to fall off from getting breathed on.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Holy poo poo don't buy an archer they are hot garbage trust me I paid real human dollars for them

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Even as a SRM boat?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Artificer posted:

Even as a SRM boat?

People have already correctly said the Archer is a dumpster fire of a mech.

If you're fixated on making it work because you think it looks really cool then go ahead. Everyone needs a good buyer's remorse mech.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I wasn't particularly interested, but some people have said that it works well as a SRM boat itt.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Artificer posted:

Even as a SRM boat?

Especially as an SRM boat.

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.

WarLocke posted:

The UM R60(I think) has the same armor as a Centurion and can field 2 Er Large Lasers and 4 MGs (which by the way, are useful again). It's my best light mech, as it can poke all day at range and chew damaged mechs up close at the later stages of the match.

It's not made for fighting other lights or brawling, as it hasn't the amazing speeds of the Spider or Locust. But it doesn't need them anyways.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

I wasn't particularly interested, but some people have said that it works well as a SRM boat itt.

I tried so hard to redeem the Archer as a brawler. So hard. It just wasn't happening. The hitboxes are entirely too big and it's a waste of tonnage, especially with the current restrictions, to trot it out in a group now in the small hope of being unnoticed long enough to SRM bomb your target. By now everyone knows just exactly how to deal with them and that's why the few times you seem them now is as rear LRM support.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
The archer functions okay as an SRM bomber if it doesn't get shot at. Once it starts getting shot at it falls apart and dies stupidly fast.

The biggest problem besides it being fragile and super easy to pick apart is that its hard points are spread out so far that the only thing you can shoot and reliably hit are assaults or heavies that are looking at you straight on. Anything else and you will whiff a huge amount of your shots.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 26, 2017

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Well damnit, I did it, I am currently trolling the random queue in an R60 urby nicknamed 'Slow Poke' :haw:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

WarLocke posted:

Well damnit, I did it, I am currently trolling the random queue in an R60 urby nicknamed 'Slow Poke' :haw:

Why go slow when you could go fast
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=276&l=c002addb82b39ccbd580bb779c58bb16735bd164

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Yeah I just switched a to 180STD, 2xMPL, 4xMG, 4xJJ setup. 97kph, just about max armor, can lose both torsos (and indeed I ended up a walking popsicle in the first match I played) and 6k MG ammo seems like plenty.

Range kind of sucks, but you're in an urby, you either want to be poking at extreme ranges or vulturing wounded mechs up close. And I just like not falling apart when I lose a torso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=275&l=4afefe78cc9ccb67ce89d6c9e47bfcbdb094af3f

I think MGs are a trap, the urbanmech isnt fast or durable enough to face tank with them. I prefer the 2 LPL build on the R63 and being a medium range poker.

• Locked thread