Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

cumshitter posted:

i think this is what the wachoswki twins were going for

fun fact: i worked at Warner Bros for a bit and when youre a new employee they give you a free studio tour after the "how to not sexually harass people in the work place" part of the training. this is universal for all employees, whether u are an exec or working in the tour/gift shop section like i did

part of the tour includes a vehicle muesuem where you can see the live action scooby doo van next to the dummies they used from that scene from the matrix 3 where all the agent smiths are standing on the side of the road watching neo and the gang have a high speed action fight on cars. half the actors were real and each one reached into a dummy with a stick that turned the head of the dummy. t hats how they got the shot

anyway i pointed out that the little standdee placard thing that described the car and the movie it was from incorrectly said "the washowski brothers" and wrote an anonymous note to hr saying they should correct it to read "twins" but they never acted on it. or maybe they did. i didnt care enough to actually check after writing an email to them

huh

https://twitter.com/greggrulz/status/835108950341189632

Dolash posted:

It's kind of funny to imagine bloodthirsty Republicans cracking open the budget for all those juicy liberal big spending programs to hack up into tax breaks and giveaways only to discover that any program of worth in America has already been cut to the bone and there's hardly any money left to loot. Once they destroy the ACA and shutter all the government departments they hate there really won't be anything left to go after but the big-ticket items like Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security.

there's always money in the banana stand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/835714557146509313

same

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

cumshitter posted:

i think this is what the wachoswki twins were going for

fun fact: i worked at Warner Bros for a bit and when youre a new employee they give you a free studio tour after the "how to not sexually harass people in the work place" part of the training. this is universal for all employees, whether u are an exec or working in the tour/gift shop section like i did

part of the tour includes a vehicle muesuem where you can see the live action scooby doo van next to the dummies they used from that scene from the matrix 3 where all the agent smiths are standing on the side of the road watching neo and the gang have a high speed action fight on cars. half the actors were real and each one reached into a dummy with a stick that turned the head of the dummy. t hats how they got the shot

anyway i pointed out that the little standdee placard thing that described the car and the movie it was from incorrectly said "the washowski brothers" and wrote an anonymous note to hr saying they should correct it to read "twins" but they never acted on it. or maybe they did. i didnt care enough to actually check after writing an email to them

twins? they were born 2 years apart....

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Oh, he's been pushing hard for an investigation into one of Trump's incalculable impeachable offenses has he? Pushing back against broad authoritarian maneuvering and the outright making illegal of disagreeing with the POTUS or police?

Yes actually.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
btw studios are terrible to work for and during the hiring process they did a background cehck on me and i actually read the form and part of it said, "Do you want to receive a copy of your background check? Check [ ] Yes or [ ] No."

i checked [x] Yes and even though it was a $7.50 per hour position they literally did a full, 20 page background check on me that included checking my information against the FBI's Top Ten Most Wanted list

for comparison i found one of the security redbooks and the pilot of the nezzer kanezzer from the matrix was barred fromt he studio and for the picture of him they used a shot from the movie of him freaking out as the plane crashed. apparently he made death threats to one of the producers

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

awww that's right near me and I'm stuck home doing homework and talking about cumshitting

I have to rethink my life's choices

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

finished Pebble in the Sky and it was one of Asimov's better books by far, at least as far as writing goes. If you're going through the arc from the start then the main premise shouldn't seem alien but if it's someone's first venture into the Asimov universe it, mind reading and mind control poo poo hastily explained by science, may seem a bit contrived and odd. Fun book otherwise. All that's left to defeat all of the grand Asimov arc now is the Foundation books

But first, Hyperion, for book club. Wish me luck fair goones as I typically shy away from ~500 page books for being altogether too dense and verbose for their own good

Was that stuff in pebble in the sky? Been so long, I only really remember the whole Space-North Korea aspect of it. Did you read Nemesis? One of his lesser known books, but pretty good. Reminded me a lot of the plot of SMAC, but written well before that.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I wonder what Republicans would even do all day if they block granted Medicaid and privatized social security (and whatever to Medicare I forget what their dream was there)? The MIC's already got an unlimited money hose and anything they don't like regulation-wise or from one of the departments evaporates on contact whenever they control the White House, I guess maybe they'd get around to overturning all social progress since 1950 like their base wants?

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Dolash posted:

(and whatever to Medicare I forget what their dream was there)

health savings accounts and tax breaks to buy private insurance

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Bert Roberge posted:

gently caress you I photoshopped a few times now I'm too drunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oHZP091Do4

Now listen to some civil war tunes.

the most nite crew of marching songs

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

a helpful bear posted:

i hope hes drinking the champagne of beers

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Dolash posted:

I wonder what Republicans would even do all day if they block granted Medicaid and privatized social security (and whatever to Medicare I forget what their dream was there)? The MIC's already got an unlimited money hose and anything they don't like regulation-wise or from one of the departments evaporates on contact whenever they control the White House, I guess maybe they'd get around to overturning all social progress since 1950 like their base wants?

Nothing because they'll be lynched by AARP for touching Social Security

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

the most nite crew of marching songs

It's my favorite. It's all about drinking and loving poo poo up.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Leviathan posted:

twins? they were born 2 years apart....

my bad but they were still describing them as brothers despite the fact htat one of them had gone public with being transgender

another asie: my favorite story from the security red book i found described some insane 19 year old dude who somehow got over the 12 foot wall and entered the stodio lot. he wandered around for like 12 hours and after everyone went home from work he decided to crash in a Starlines winnebago

some actor discoverd him sleeping in his trailer the next day and reported him to security and the report tried to make this immense lapse in security read as a valiant effort but lol it ends with "and he confessed everything to us, after he spent the night in the studio and we questioned him."

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm not discounting how great it was Hansen won, or the fact that Democrats actually outperformed their normal totals (which is very encouraging), but

https://twitter.com/2getherDelaware/status/835681530127265792

35% is really low. Americans hate voting.

cumshitter posted:

my bad but they were still describing them as brothers despite the fact htat one of them had gone public with being transgender

another asie: my favorite story from the security red book i found described some insane 19 year old dude who somehow got over the 12 foot wall and entered the stodio lot. he wandered around for like 12 hours and after everyone went home from work he decided to crash in a Starlines winnebago

some actor discoverd him sleeping in his trailer the next day and reported him to security and the report tried to make this immense lapse in security read as a valiant effort but lol it ends with "and he confessed everything to us, after he spent the night in the studio and we questioned him."

They're both trans women actually. Also, Sense 8's a good show.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Nichael posted:

I'm not discounting how great it was Hansen won, or the fact that Democrats actually outperformed their normal totals (which is very encouraging), but

special election votes are always comically low

My Moms Penis
Feb 21, 2017

by zen death robot

Ugh, I can't believe people think stuff like this is funny.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Nichael posted:

voting sucks
the state department flunkies in vancouver did not like my benghazi rant discussion when i went there to drop off my ballot

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I think i read somewhere that special elections usually have about ~10% turnout.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also srs lol @ vancouver state dept peeps
pretty much the best station possible in the entire world
gotta wonder how many dicks they sucked to get it

or how many emails they deleted :|

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

special election votes are always comically low
I know, it's just crazy how low "low" is. I love voting and clearly that sentiment is not shared by a ton.

My Moms Penis posted:

Green M&M is hot, tovarisch. I always imagined Yellow has an unrequited crush on Red too. I mean, who wouldn't when Red is voiced by Billy West?

Aurubin posted:

I think i read somewhere that special elections usually have about ~10% turnout.
Yeah, I don't want to act like the victory tonight was nothing, because it was clearly great for a ton of reasons. But it's still hosed up that 35% is high.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Hey guys I'm drunk and watching the excelling by show Baskets. You shoul watch it too if you've ever disappointed someone

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

My Moms Penis posted:

of course, me typing in green m&m rule 34 came back with plenty of images.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Nichael posted:

I know, it's just crazy how low "low" is. I love voting and clearly that sentiment is not shared by a ton.

Green M&M is hot, tovarisch. I always imagined Yellow has an unrequited crush on Red too. I mean, who wouldn't when Red is voiced by Billy West?

Yellow is the nazi dom from Oz and J. Jonah Jameson and the Drumline teacher though.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Baloogan posted:

voting sucks
the state department flunkies in vancouver did not like my benghazi rant discussion when i went there to drop off my ballot

Yah, no poo poo? "Hi, I am a drunk stranger, I would like to engage in a boring conversation that will probably get you in trouble if you actually engage. Doesn't that sound much better than trying to finish your actual work of... doing whatever it is that state department flunkies are supposed to be doing?"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

now this is something that could get donald's shriveled, broken penis erect

I'll be right back, I have to tell my mom that we found a panacea for donny's dick dilemma

Bert Roberge posted:

Yellow is the nazi dom from Oz and J. Jonah Jameson and the Drumline teacher though.

what the loving gently caress, JK Simmons is Yellow?! HOW DID I NOT KNOW THAT?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

baloogan bursting into an embassy and demanding his constitutional right to a ballot while four sheets to the wind would probably be fairly entertaining

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Consummate Professional posted:

Hey guys I'm drunk and watching the excelling by show Baskets. You shoul watch it too if you've ever disappointed someone

Baskets
Lady Dynamite
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

it's a good time for comedy about depressed people. I'm sure I'm missing some too

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Nichael posted:

now this is something that could get donald's shriveled, broken penis erect

I'll be right back, I have to tell my mom that we found a panacea for donny's dick dilemma

what the loving gently caress, JK Simmons is Yellow?! HOW DID I NOT KNOW THAT?

He's really good at disguising his voice.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

turn the piss pink and the white lines red and it looks like he's spitting up miles of dick

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

BUSH 2112 posted:

tbh technocracy sounds like a better deal, as opposed to our current government run and staffed by people who are dangerously incompetent or destructive or both

uh so is the technocracy tho as shown here

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX_k5_egUAo

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

My Moms Penis posted:

The loving strange part is the 2 lady m&ms are in a gay relationship

thats not a joke

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Nichael posted:

Baskets
Lady Dynamite
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

it's a good time for comedy about depressed people. I'm sure I'm missing some too

Lady dynamite really grew on me. Crazy ex girlfriend sounds really good. I heard it has a lotta songs

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hypertechnocratization

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Bert Roberge posted:

He's really good at disguising his voice.

funny because either though I love the guy, I never thought he was great at that simply because his voice is so distinctive. Tenzin, for example, is clearly JK Simmons

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

On election day a big fat smelly neckbeard was having a hissy fit because he thought he could register to vote at the booth. You can do same day registration in my town, but only at the town hall. A staffer offered to drive him, and he bitched all the way out the door.

People suck.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Schnorkles posted:

baloogan bursting into an embassy and demanding his constitutional right to a ballot while four sheets to the wind would probably be fairly entertaining

one of the ancient guys at the consulate likes to point out that he did my initial 'so ur an american birth abroad' paperwork every time i come in to get passports updated or poo poo mailed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Nichael posted:

Does Delaware have Vote By Mail? If not, there's your problem.

• Locked thread