Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
New howitzer still owns. Teams still poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

NotWearingPants posted:

It's occasionally hilarious, but more often frustrating if you get annoyed at things like missing fully aimed shots from 15 meters.

Welcome to every derp gun in the game

I kinda wish they'd give two different options for the KV-2. The standard tank view and an arty view for when you just want to pound poo poo at range since it pretty much is an arty gun

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Strv 103

Queue: Strv 103, 02SS Aerosan, Pz.Sfl.IVb, CKD TNH and LTP (Tanque 39), Emil and KRV, M3A1, ZIK-20, T-12/T-24, LPP-25, LTP, Valentine in the USSR, ZIS-41 and ZIS-43 halftracks, Medium Tank M2, T2E1 Light Tank, Combat Car M1, T18 HMC, M10 Wolverine, Infantry Tank MkI

Available for request:

:911:

:britain:
A1E1 Independent

:ussr:
T-37 with ShKAS
Wartime modifications of the T-37 and T-38
SG-122
76 mm gun mod of the Matilda
Tank destroyers on the T-30 and T-40 chassis
45 mm M-42 gun
SU-76 prototype

:sweden:
L-10 and L-30
Strv m/40
Strv m/42
Landsverk prototypes 1943-1951
Strv m/21
Strv 81 and Strv 101

:poland:
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR
37 mm anti-tank gun

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2
Renault R40
25 mm Hotchkiss gun

:godwin:
PzI Ausf. B
PzI Ausf. C
PzII Ausf. a though b
PzII Ausf. c through C
PzII Ausf. D through E
PzII Ausf. F NEW
PzII trials in the USSR
Pz 38(t) NEW
Pak 97/38
7.5 cm Pak 41
Hummel
s.FH. 18

:eurovision:
LT vz 35
LT vz 38

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Oh the thing about the t49 is that it leads to the best tier 9 medium, the t54e1.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Oh the thing about the t49 is that it leads to the best tier 9 medium, the t54e1.

:lol:

Also, I didn't get a high caliber medal in this match because I hit an ally for 300 HP splash damage while executing a baby Maus. :downs:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

what. the T54E1 is crazy good.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I played a game with a guy in a standard 252 and we managed some decent team work that game, so we ended up platooning all night and going ham. Highlight was this one for me

That's the first time i've really played in a proper platoon and good lord did it make a difference knowing the tank next to you wasn't going to poo poo its pants and run away/drive directly into the enemy side on.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Prav posted:

what. the T54E1 is crazy good.

The e50, Patton and T-54 poo poo all over it. So does the Skoda T-50. Possibly the WZ-120. I'd rank it even with the Type 61. It's a good tank, just not the best 9 med by a long shot.

e: oh yeah, AMX 30 proto is really good, too

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 26, 2017

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah its good but its just got alot of great competition, tier 9 meds are really drat strong in general.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

warcrimes posted:

The e50, Patton and T-54 poo poo all over it. So does the Skoda T-50. Possibly the WZ-120. I'd rank it even with the Type 61. It's a good tank, just not the best 9 med by a long shot.

yeah, I'm playing it at the moment and it's ok, you really have to load gold with it, it's just a bit too big, bigger than most HT's, and the accuracy is poo poo. I can snapshot with anything but this tank for some reason. I had it and the patton both unlocked and decide to grind this and yeah, regrets but it can be fun at times.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

warcrimes posted:

It's been a few years since I played the T54E1 but from memory it was a great mop up tank once numbers had been thinned where you'd jump out and ambush tanks with a clip then run away and reload. It really doesn't thrive in the early game.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

serious gaylord posted:

That's the first time i've really played in a proper platoon and good lord did it make a difference knowing the tank next to you wasn't going to poo poo its pants and run away/drive directly into the enemy side on.

You're missing out. If you platoon with better players, you can force them to carry you, and if you play badly and lose you can blame your platoonmates!

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

:siren: So wait, does the 252 Defender have the all-season camo bonus?

Cartoon posted:

I got mastery in my brand new GW Panther tonight so :toot:

Meanwhile:

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/CCCP_GDR/1003478665/

So not a completely poo poo tier player who should know better? Good luck getting Wargaming to ban actual bots not just fantasy bots. Speaking of bots when ever someone mentions bots in chat deliberately misconstrue it as bottom(s). You can thank me later.

What should a Tiger II do in a tier ten battle anyway? Peak and boom is peak and bounce and maybe get one shot. I could cower at the back and try for unspotted sniping but that is usually a crowded venue. Help me be less terrible so pubbies don't ban me :ohdear:

You forgot to tell him how delicious his tears are and how they made you ejaculate from ecstasy. Other than that, nice job!

Also, the technical term for that player is "coinflipper."

I finally got through the KT; it was OK, but I'm probably going to sell it. In a tier 10 game, load your 275-pen APCR and see if that helps.

SocketWrench posted:

I love it. when you don't conform to how they decide you should play, that makes you a bot. If anything people playing this game take it way too seriously and have really thin skins

The latter part is true. The "bot" part is more complicated. There are known, admitted bots in this game. There are also accounts with extremely bad stats, which could be bots or terrible players. Generally, we accuse them of botting when they have horrible stats, don't appear to be actively playing, and don't respond in-game like a human would (or at all), particularly with a high battle count. If I see an account with, say a 40% or worse win rate, and/or say, 100 or less WN8 I'll call them out at the beginning of the match. Sometimes it doesn't respond and is probably a bot. Sometimes it does respond and protest. It may be a horrible player, or it may be an account that is botted when the actual human isn't playing. Either way, when your account indicates you are a detriment to your teams (with an abysmal winrate and WN8) I have no reservations about calling out an account that I suspect of botting. Perhaps even worse, it could be a statbadder, someone actively trying to make their teams lose.

WN8, by the way, is a fairly esoteric player-created metric, however it does take into account all of the things a player does, so an extremely low value suggests the account isn't actively being played (by a human.)

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

But I changed my name on NA to "SAUSAGE_TIME" and then I kinda went on a long break to do other things. I was thinking about another name change to "2Grilles-1Krupp" but I think that name or something just like that was already used by a goon skirmish team or something. I already suck at the game; I wouldn't want to also be a troll namestealer unoriginal doofus.

Kellyanne_Conway
Milo_Pedopolous
cubswinlol

Actually there is just so much ridiculous poo poo going on in the world right now that nothing is really clicking.

Kellyanne_Conway would be fine for a comedy account that only drove the Conway. The Milo one is loving glorious, if you don't reg that one I'm sure someone else will grab it soon! Also, I forgot we haven't chatted in a while, since long before the WS; Go Cubs Go, man! :hfive:

Hmm, "2 Grilles 1 Krupp" was the name of the previous comedy Goon clan, tagged [NSFW]. It appears to have been deleted, which I was surprised to see; I always wanted to get in touch with whoever was holding the clan (Vill_Nye?) because I've always liked that name/tag combo more than the PANSY tag, although it and "Heer As Volk" combine for a couple of solid gay/German references. It appears that someone else registered the NSFW tag although bizarrely when browsing players/clans on the portal half the places you search for "NSFW" actually show "no clans found" for some retarded Wargaming-esque reason:

So with that in mind, I'm considering changing the name of the clan. How would you guys feel about moving away from PANSY/Heer As Volk in the first place?

How about the new clan tag; I could try for NSFW because the name-change part actually shows it as available (I'm not sure if it would let me go through with the change though) but GUNES and GOONS are also apparently available (GOON and GOONZ are not, as you probably have seen.)

Finally, how about "Two Grilles One Krupp" vs. "2 Grilles 1 Krupp"? Or even something else entirely?

By the way, does anyone have the old NSFW icon? It was a scoop of chocolate ice cream with a smiley face. :3:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I made it, so I probably still have it somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Found it:

McGavin fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 26, 2017

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
Logged on, played two games. First game, I was a t29 on lakeville. Pushed hard through town, valley team lost and we got capped out by their valley push.

Second game I played my easy 8, my favorite tank. An OI drove up to me while my gold rounds bounced off and destroyed me. Quit game, I'm good for a couple months. I remember now how completely unfun this video game is.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

Christ this game sucks cocks.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I like PANSY but brand recognition with GOONS would be OK, Tag line 'Brothers_in_Butts"?

I hate this game most when I play really well and my team conspires against me to none-the-less lose. So basically most of the time (well except for the playing really well bit). Actually if it wasn't for random pubbie butthurt I'd probably quit.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

I made it, so I probably still have it somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Found it:

Someone else added pink lines to the cupcake paper on the one that was eventually used.

Excellent, thank you very much! :glomp:

IIRC the paper was more or less solid pink; I think I'll just fill it in with the nice shade of magenta I used for the PANSY emblem.

Cartoon posted:

I like PANSY but brand recognition with GOONS would be OK, Tag line 'Brothers_in_Butts"?

Good thinking, we'll add "Brothers in Butts" as a candidate! :iamafag:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Fat Jesus posted:

yeah, I'm playing it at the moment and it's ok, you really have to load gold with it, it's just a bit too big, bigger than most HT's, and the accuracy is poo poo. I can snapshot with anything but this tank for some reason. I had it and the patton both unlocked and decide to grind this and yeah, regrets but it can be fun at times.

When I finished my grind in it, there was a half off premium ammo sale and I shot all gold erry day. It's a good tank, has some pen issues but just happens to be competing with the best tier/tank class (tier 9 meds) cross section in the game.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 26, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Excellent, thank you very much! :glomp:

IIRC the paper was more or less solid pink; I think I'll just fill it in with the nice shade of magenta I used for the PANSY emblem.

Good thinking, we'll add "Brothers in Butts" as a candidate! :iamafag:

I found the final one and edited my post. Here it is again:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Ah, it's good to be back, fellas :allears:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ROFLburger posted:

You're a good poster.

Two kills? Good carry mate.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

serious gaylord posted:

I played a game with a guy in a standard 252 and we managed some decent team work that game, so we ended up platooning all night and going ham. Highlight was this one for me

When you manage to find someone to platoon with that's decent to good the experience is great. Problem is those people are far and few between. And the ones you do find are mostly grinding so they won't wait around for anyone between battles. At least those are my experiences.

I guess everyone got their mods back now. I've been getting put in a lot of teams that just melt while killing maybe two or three of the opponents. Hell, a majority of the time I get taken out half way in and I'm still in the top three damage wise by a factor of near double that of the next tank lower. This is loving stupid and aggravating.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Atomizer posted:

Finally, how about "Two Grilles One Krupp" vs. "2 Grilles 1 Krupp"? Or even something else entirely?

I'm up for this, but i just got in so i don't think my opinion should be worth all that much

celewign posted:

Logged on, played two games. First game, I was a t29 on lakeville. Pushed hard through town, valley team lost and we got capped out by their valley push.

Second game I played my easy 8, my favorite tank. An OI drove up to me while my gold rounds bounced off and destroyed me. Quit game, I'm good for a couple months. I remember now how completely unfun this video game is.

Hell, you pop those bitches in the small turrets. S'were I aim with the T26E5. Even non gold pens that fucker

ROFLburger posted:

What the hell brought that up? I wonder if that's his go to response for anything that triggers him.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Feb 26, 2017

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Hellsau posted:

Two kills? Good carry mate.

Thanks!!

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Update: The clan tag "CUCKS" is taken, unfortunately. :(

McGavin posted:

I found the final one and edited my post. Here it is again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDQtRKZrHSI

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Cuck Cake?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Are you also multiboxing this game?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hellsau posted:

You're missing out. If you platoon with better players, you can force them to carry you, and if you play badly and lose you can blame your platoonmates!

This is pretty much what happened. The guy had a solid 56% win rate and our playstyles worked together too which was really nice. Had a great moment holding off and winning against a T110E5, a T62A, the new tier 8 mini maus and a Centurion on the east in Tundra. Helped massively that you can pen the E5's huge cupola again, but I'm usually used to my team mates just running away against opposition like that.

Also liked trash talking our lovely team mates which is always a bonus.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Nicknamed a Tiger on the Redshire map. rear end in a top hat kept camping while we were trying to push, so I had to constantly type "Dumbshit Tiger" to get his attention to move up. Every time we hit some opposition he'd fall back and put some rounds down range including into the back of us. After the team on that side of the map was pretty much trashed he was the only one left on 100% and proceeded to die slowly fighting a Cromwell, from range, while everyone was punching "Kill him Dumbshit Tiger!" in chat. I wish we could buy names in this game for other people like we can here on the forums.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Poor dude

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Thats not really that funny tbf.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Thats not really that funny tbf.

I know : /

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Every time I do some joke LGBTQ advertisement to trigger people there is always that one honest dude that is really happy about it and wants in and then I always kinda feel bad.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
At least ask if he likes to get behind other tanks and pound them in the rear end

I love shouting "Kobe" when dropping shells into open top TDs

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Michaellaneous posted:

Every time I do some joke LGBTQ advertisement to trigger people there is always that one honest dude that is really happy about it and wants in and then I always kinda feel bad.

same

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Michaellaneous posted:

Yeah, there are LGBTQI people who play this game. It is kind of a miserable experience given how many fuds and nazis are around.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

SocketWrench posted:

I love shouting "Kobe" when dropping shells into open top TDs

this would be hilarious if all-chat was still around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

SocketWrench posted:

I'm up for this, but i just got in so i don't think my opinion should be worth all that much

Hell, you pop those bitches in the small turrets. S'were I aim with the T26E5. Even non gold pens that fucker

What the hell brought that up? I wonder if that's his go to response for anything that triggers him.

Yeah I tried but the gun dispersion on the easy 8 is just so lovely now none of your shots go straight on.