Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

sounds worse than a memphis dry rub

yesss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i've never been able to distinguish between an irish and a shaved chimp

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

cumshitter posted:

i wish i could find the picture right now but i read a boook about north korean propaganda and the best part was that all the kims are potrayed as mothers of the people

and they are protecting them from american soldiers, who all look like the steepled hands jew caricature that is beloved on 4chan

like you get portraits of soldiers in winter gear all dressed up and ready to fight in -30 degree weather in the mountains and one of the kims is all rosy cheeked and bending over to tie up their booties. like the kims are portrayed as wanting to make sure their soldiers shoes are tied and that their mittens are safety pinned to their sleeves, as if all of their soldiers are special needs children walking to the bus stop in winter
the cleanest race

good book

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

deadgoon posted:

i've never been able to distinguish between an irish and a shaved chimp

same

it's alienated me from friends and family

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Zyla posted:

Currently, on Brigham Young University campus, there is a thing called “marinating,” where the man puts his penis into the woman’s vagina, and they both just lie there motionless.

the gently caress

Why don't they just do anal, weirdos

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Eifert Posting posted:

Holy poo poo y'all all the characitures are racist. Half of them are so bad you can't even tell what they're supposed to be.

I thought the Irish guy was a black characiture.

Welcome to the 19th century

I think the guy with the pointy hat and the big pointy nose is supposed to be Jewish but I'm not sure

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

deadgoon posted:

every factory is a stolen factory unless it is a co-op

i am butchering this story and refuse to let my elders correct me on any of hte details but

my great gramps came over and lived in chicago. apparently he knew a dude who had access to the mayor's office. they broke in one night, when chicago was going to build its interstate highway system, and got a peak at the bid list for this giant construction project. they made a shell company and placed a fake bid. they got the contract

they didnt have an office or a single piece of equipment or a single employee. but they did have the name of the second lowest bidder, so they sold the contract to them

great-gramps goes on a wild bender with his money. gets in the society pages of his paper. eventually he meets great-grams and decides he wants to marry her. this being before the depression he goes to her da

"You can't marry my daughter. I have read about you. Go get a real job, prove yourself. Then I will grant you my daughter's hand in marriage."

so great gramps goes and works at a baking equipment factory. the owner had died. the widow owned it but she was a woman so she let the second in command run it.

second dude decides hes going to take the company public, grant himself a giant pay raise, and buy up enough stock to make himself majority owner. great gramps tells this to the widow

the widow gives him the factory. he keeps her in comfort for the rest of her life. my family still owns it.

im not bragging when i say "a factory." its a super run down building with an elevator so old that that it has three buttons: up, down, and stop. if you dont hit the stop button the elevator will grind itself to death trying to reach heaven or hel

as a kid i would wander around the factory and read the employees playboys that htey didnt really hide or browse through old engineering books that referred to metaelllurgy with the two dots over the ae

it was cool. also as a 9 year old i would call grandpas secretary and say, "Put me through to Mr. Cumshitter" and she would pretend i was a big important businessman

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

man the first episode of ronin warriors is both faster and slower than i remembered

it establishes all the non ronin characters in like six minutes and then spends half the episode fightin a generic foot soldier mook while the ronin warriors exposit their brand identities

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

cumshitter posted:

i wish i could find the picture right now but i read a boook about north korean propaganda and the best part was that all the kims are potrayed as mothers of the people

and they are protecting them from american soldiers, who all look like the steepled hands jew caricature that is beloved on 4chan

like you get portraits of soldiers in winter gear all dressed up and ready to fight in -30 degree weather in the mountains and one of the kims is all rosy cheeked and bending over to tie up their booties. like the kims are portrayed as wanting to make sure their soldiers shoes are tied and that their mittens are safety pinned to their sleeves, as if all of their soldiers are special needs children walking to the bus stop in winter

the kims love portraying themselves as smiling angels from heaven, when the reality is uh

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

logikv9 posted:

college kids are ruining cooking for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z2EhbBv_ZY

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I hope you realize that by posting that cartoon you've garunteed another 200 years of 6th generation Irish Americans dismissing all racism and talking about how they are the real victims.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Admiral Ray posted:

the gently caress

Why don't they just do anal, weirdos

And commit sodomy??????

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Big Fat Iguana posted:

And commit sodomy??????

do they call it that there

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Zyla posted:

Currently, on Brigham Young University campus, there is a thing called “marinating,” where the man puts his penis into the woman’s vagina, and they both just lie there motionless.

mormonpartyboat posted:

sounds worse than a memphis dry rub

I just made some ribs tonight with some Memphis dry rub.

Coincidentally, women are apparently ribs in Christianity.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Bert Roberge posted:

I just made some ribs tonight with some Memphis dry rub.

Coincidentally, women are apparently ribs in Christianity.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand judaism

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Nichael posted:

funny because either though I love the guy, I never thought he was great at that simply because his voice is so distinctive. Tenzin, for example, is clearly JK Simmons

He's actually only good at disguising his voice when he does the stupid voice. Otherwise, ALL of his characters sound the same.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Baloogan posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand judaism

I used to date an Irish Catholic that I called a McRib.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
happy page 1488

wait we're not quite there yet? poo poo

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In college a girl called me at 2 AM in hysterical tears telling me she was going to hell because she made out with a guy and basically got wet.

"Can't you just make a confession?"

"IHT DOHUHSN'T WORK THAT WAY FOR US!"

To this day I have no idea why she called me. I'm a vocal Agnostic and was raised Catholic, not Baptist or whatever Prot nonsense she was.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Admiral Ray posted:

do they call it that there

Anything that's not penis in vagina sex is sodomy my friend, and of the devil

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

In college a girl called me at 2 AM in hysterical tears telling me she was going to hell because she made out with a guy and basically got wet.

"Can't you just make a confession?"

"IHT DOHUHSN'T WORK THAT WAY FOR US!"

To this day I have no idea why she called me. I'm a vocal Agnostic and was raised Catholic, not Baptist or whatever Prot nonsense she was.

lmebo worrying about sin, its literally the most solved problem in the religion

like they have a big story arc that addresses it, makes for a decent read

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Big Fat Iguana posted:

Anything that's not penis in vagina sex is sodomy my friend, and of the devil

ah, right. I associate it with blowjobs more

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Just sitting here lmfaoing at these abrahamic fools atop my zorastrian tower of silence. Just lol.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

No lie the story of Bathsheba was pretty hot.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Smythe posted:

Just sitting here lmfaoing at these abrahamic fools atop my zorastrian tower of silence. Just lol.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A lot of the bible is pretty hot.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i basically bullshitted my way through getting confirmed into catholicism because i had a hook up through a deacon uncle but even at like 10 years old i figured confession was the biggest loving scam ever

like the entire idea is that you confess your biggest secrets to the priest. getting people to tell you their biggest secrets sounds like an amazingly convenient way to control people and thats just built into the franchise

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Smythe posted:

My mom hated religion so much that she told everyone that she was a druid so she wouldn't have to see a priest or pastor after childbirth.

So officially on my birth certificate it says I'm a Druid.

I'm like 5 layers in of tipping my fedora.

1 platinum if you want Spirit of Wolf.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Bert Roberge posted:

My mom hated religion so much that she told everyone that she was a druid so she wouldn't have to see a priest or pastor after childbirth.

Been a long time since I've seen a Druid. Thought we got rid of your kind.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

cumshitter posted:

i basically bullshitted my way through getting confirmed into catholicism because i had a hook up through a deacon uncle but even at like 10 years old i figured confession was the biggest loving scam ever

like the entire idea is that you confess your biggest secrets to the priest. getting people to tell you their biggest secrets sounds like an amazingly convenient way to control people and thats just built into the franchise

Ehhhhh. Catholic Priests are basically amature Psychologists, I've never heard anyone even insinuate anything like blackmail and like 70% of the people I ever met before college were lapsed Catholics.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

The Human Crouton posted:

Been a long time since I've seen a Druid. Thought we got rid of your kind.

“You’ve ruined your own lands, you’ll not ruin mine!”

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

why does talpa have ascottish accent

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i literally did not know i had gone to my own catholic confirmation ceremony until my mother elbowed me out of the pew and made me, at 10 years old, march with a bunch of 7 year olds up to the lecture to get my christ cracker

like i sat down one day with my uncle in a church and he wasl ike, "See that symbol? That's alpg ha. The beginning. And see that one? That's Omega. The end." then six weeks later i was confirmed

so now whenever i ahve to go church ijust get my cracker and i look at like people in their 80s still sitting in the pews who havent figured out how bullshit the cermeony is and im like 'lol come up and get your dried out wheat paste disc dude its not a big deal"

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fair warning though you poo poo talk Jesuits and I will write a very sternly worded letter.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Bert Roberge posted:

My favorite Druid encounter was meeting a guy at a bar who claimed (along with a ton of other bullshit) to be a seventh-circle druid and showed us a full-chest sunburst tattoo, and a friend of mine called him out because his dad was part of the local druids and he'd never met the guy before. Stolen druid valor.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

cumshitter posted:

i literally did not know i had gone to my own catholic confirmation ceremony until my mother elbowed me out of the pew and made me, at 10 years old, march with a bunch of 7 year olds up to the lecture to get my christ cracker

like i sat down one day with my uncle in a church and he wasl ike, "See that symbol? That's alpg ha. The beginning. And see that one? That's Omega. The end." then six weeks later i was confirmed

so now whenever i ahve to go church ijust get my cracker and i look at like people in their 80s still sitting in the pews who havent figured out how bullshit the cermeony is and im like 'lol come up and get your dried out wheat paste disc dude its not a big deal"

At the Methodist Church i went to the communion bread was kings Hawaiian :catholic:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

HELLO!!! HI!!! WHAT WENT WRONG TODAY!!! I AM A POT!!!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

cumshitter posted:

Sounds like First Communion, not Confirmation.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
one time me and my cousins snuck into the back of the church after mass. acommunion wafers come in giant see through plastic bags and would make a decent bean bag chair for a five year old. like imagine a five bound bag of waers. we were tossing them around like medicine balls, in the vault where they store the golden communion goblets for the gross rear end shared communion wine sipping, and the head priest got super pissed off at us for not treating bagged assembly line units of christ with the appropriate amount of respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

At the Methodist Church i went to the communion bread was kings Hawaiian :catholic:

Lol I knew multiple people who switched churches because the 'bread tasted better' or the 'pews were softer' or the 'air conditioning was better.'

Whether communion wine should be alcoholic was something that could split entire congregations.

I also lived in a cult house briefly because the rent was so cheap. $125 a month with utilities included. They did take off all the doors to bedrooms and bathrooms though to 'make sure people didn't masturbate' so it was a bit odd at times.

• Locked thread