Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:allears:

That green screen purchase is the best thing Woolie has ever done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I did not expect hiring an editor would open things up to Woolie going through Naruto

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

I did not expect hiring an editor would open things up to Woolie going through Naruto

That's called enabling and it's a bad thing. :colbert:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm down for Woolie's weeb adventures

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The opening to Woolie vs Naruto is amazing, I died laughing.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Shindragon posted:

:allears:

That green screen purchase is the best thing Woolie has ever done.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I feel like the dumpster should have had Minecraft: Story Mode printed on the side, but other than that it's perfect

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
What's that thing hanging out of the dumpster?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

oh hell yes, RE7's done, here's hoping the new thing is something I'll watch (pat hinted at a possibly Yakuza 0 run awhile back)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm glad they are going to go through the RE7 DLC.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

YF-23 posted:

The opening to Woolie vs Naruto is amazing, I died laughing.

It is every bit as cringe as I could have hoped it would be. :allears:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

WOOLIE DIDN'T GET BONED EVEN ONCE, WHAT A RIPOFF

oh well, there's always the Tomb

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
woolie's dark souls build is great because its exactly the thing a first timer with no idea what anything does would make but this is his fourth souls game

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Woolie talking about enjoying the salt from the narusaku.com meltdowns after Boruto stuff comes out confirming that the pairing never happens brings me life. :allears:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Blockhouse posted:

woolie's dark souls build is great because its exactly the thing a first timer with no idea what anything does would make but this is his fourth souls game

the devs change build mechanics every game

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the build he's trying to run would be significantly worse in the last game he played

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Woolie is having fun and beating the game at a decent clip, builds don't really matter past that. But it is visually strange seeing this BIG BEEFY ARMOR MAN thrusting a little spear or using the sword techniques of the far East.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Big beefy man had 18 endurance when they're pumping dex for some reason at the halfway point.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

Big beefy man had 18 endurance when they're pumping dex for some reason at the halfway point.

I just mean visually. But after Snailborne, I don't know if we should be complaining about the boys pumping a damage stat over Vit/End.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

I just mean visually. But after Snailborne, I don't know if we should be complaining about the boys pumping a damage stat over Vit/End.

I was gonna make that point before I remembered Souls Fans Are The Worst.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

we should not, since he has 25 endurance (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!!!!!!!!!))

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blockhouse posted:

he's doing fine with it, so why does it matter?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Captain Invictus posted:

he's doing fine with it, so why does it matter?

It doesn't? I just think it's funny.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh you're a reasonable dark souls fan, pardon me for thinking otherwise, surely you understand :v:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Generally I don't get mad about people playing games badly unless it's an actual detriment to the videos

I think the only time that's happened in DS1 was Pat making Woolie got all the way back to Andre when he was standing directly in front of Quelaag thus dragging that boss fight out another video

bad playing doesn't bug me unless woolie or whoever starts complaining about something that's a clear result of their bad playing like it's a mystery

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah but that goes for anyone. Brad at giant bomb was particularly bad at the "I'm bad so game bad" aspect of playing games back in the day.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I love Sir Woolington and the historic weapon of House Madden: Toothpick. Though it would be nice to have a return to the DS2 LP's discrete incarnations of Woolie, unlocked as the game progresses. Perhaps now that he's found a greatshield, he'll adopt one of the axes/greathammers he's about to run into. Maybe Grant, so long as he doesn't smack Leeroy out of world.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
...he's been using the uchi which is a perfectly serviceable damage weapon that can benefit from 2-handing I mean you can do dex and poise even because he's not really going for the massive poise anymore he just has a good shield and the ring which is the best ring anyway i don't get it

Like, he's not even doing heavy-rear end armor right now. Maybe he'll actually refocus into that when he gets Havel's set.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Dias posted:

that can benefit from 2-handing

You mean that thing Woolie hasn't done a single time since he dropped the drake sword?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Justice Sloth posted:

You mean that thing Woolie hasn't done a single time since he dropped the drake sword?

Hey, I said he COULD do it and it would mesh with poise, not that he WILL do it. Plus, let's be fair, Woolie is garbage when he needs to dodge, so maybe that's for the best.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Woolie's two-handed a bunch of times. I only mention the Endurance thing because Pat knows that Woolie wants the Havel eventually, but now I'm not sure because he might not show him the secret at this point with how hands-off he's been.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

Woolie's two-handed a bunch of times. I only mention the Endurance thing because Pat knows that Woolie wants the Havel eventually, but now I'm not sure because he might not show him the secret at this point with how hands-off he's been.

I think what's gonna happen is he'll point it out - Pat is doing okay at letting Woolie know where the unique poo poo is -, he'll realize he needs more Endurance and we'll get a cut too DARK SOULS SHIPPUDEN, with Huge Darlington.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Does Matt still post here? does anyone even remember his account, I don't know how to search for this

Just wondering if he's ditched this site entirely

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah he's gone

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah he's gone

I think that Woolie checks in every now and again, but no, they don't have much of an active base on SA.

The only good thing that came out of that was Matt meeting Slowbeef. They really have a great dynamic, because that's the only group I know that could make Final Fight: Streetwise watchable.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Dark Souls update, I am at Drangleic Castle:

So is something meant to happen in this room, or...? I tried hitting things and interacting with them, ain't nothing happening, and I appear to have hit a wall in progression after beating the Dragonriders.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yWAgT5_zbQ

In which the Zaibatsu play the new berserk game, and in which being a Berserk fan is suffering.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Dark Souls update, I am at Drangleic Castle:

So is something meant to happen in this room, or...? I tried hitting things and interacting with them, ain't nothing happening, and I appear to have hit a wall in progression after beating the Dragonriders.

You should be able to fight some bros in there. Once you do, make sure you kill them next to that large statue in the back. The kill has to be in range for the trick to work.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

J.A.B.C. posted:

You should be able to fight some bros in there. Once you do, make sure you kill them next to that large statue in the back. The kill has to be in range for the trick to work.

If he's playing scholar, he'll need to go to the next room for bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Aww, they didn't get to the horse(I heard he was a boss but I might be wrong?). At least there was a lot of horse induced comedy in the video.
Also holy poo poo that Kotaku article, I didn't think they could get worse.

HGH fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 26, 2017