Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
She's rich and rich people are going to be ok no matter what lunatic gets elected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jenner is a whole lot of different things. She is an empty shell unthinking FYGM Republican who will vote for the world to die if it earns her a dollar and whose wealth and relatively politically obscure status will insulate her from any consequences of any negative actions she ever does, be it supporting a POTUS who oversees a renewed attack on LGBT (with an emphasis on T) people resulting a hundreds of deaths directly at minumum, or any consequence at all because of literally killing a man because she was driving like a goddamned shithead moron

Also she is trans, but this is largely secondary.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
There's a certain type of rich person who will rationalize anything for a buck.

During the primaries Caitlyn Jenner supported Ted Cruz (:psyduck:) because he promised the biggest tax cuts and she told everyone don't worry the guy who wants to march all queers into concentration camps is just confused, after a nice lunch with me he'll change his mind about putting me in a gas chamber.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
hate trumps love

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

During the primaries Caitlyn Jenner supported Ted Cruz (:psyduck:)

hahahahahaha unbelievable

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

call me. president of the united states of america, give me, random celebrity, a call.

ah who the gently caress am i kidding, not like donald has anything better to do

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The Brown Menace posted:

call me. president of the united states of america, give me, random celebrity, a call.

ah who the gently caress am i kidding, not like donald has anything better to do

Living proof that there's not really anything special about Olympians.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
My feet move faster than my brain make me a star

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

"so what do you do"

"i go fast, like sanic hegehog"

*gets handed big important-looking suitcase labeled POLICY DECISIONS*

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

http://www.newsheads.in/world/news/russia-criticises-us-president-donald-trump-us-nuclear-supremacy-defence/article/3020.html

quote:

Russia criticises US President Donald Trump's US nuclear supremacy defence
Moscow:
Members of Russia's upper house of parliament on Friday appeared critical of US President Donald Trump for defending its nuclear supremacy and shining doubt on a bilateral disarmament treaty signed in 2009.

Starting the presidency by calling into question an international treaty between Russia and the US was not the best way to implement non-proliferation of nuclear weapons, chairman of the the Federation Council's Defence Committee Viktor Ozerov told Russian media.

"Of course, Russia is categorically against this treaty being suspended, we will insist on its extension," Efe news quoted him as saying.

US President Donald Trump's intention to increase strategic potential did not respond to stability, mutual understanding, and world security, he said.

Calling the New START nuclear arms reduction treaty a "bad deal", Trump on Thursday said: "It would be wonderful, a dream would be that no country would have nukes, but if countries are going to have nukes, we're going to be at the top of the pack."

New START was signed in 2009 by then-President Barack Obama and his Russian counterpart, Dmitri Medvedev.

Since taking office, Trump has started to roll back some Obama-era policies and appeared to alter the US' stance on an international scale.

Heh. :downsgun:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

welp!

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

if we haven't gotten the piss tape for the last two weeks, we're never getting that piss tape now :(

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

if we haven't gotten the piss tape for the last two weeks, we're never getting that piss tape now :(

On that note:

A. does pisstape not exist?

B. does pisstape exist, and is it just the case that Putin is currently experiencing the moment in every dictator's life where every screw in his head is loosened to the point of falling right out of his skull?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Have you considered the possibility that these russian-us interactions are a ploy to taper the tail on trump?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I just want a tape of streams of piss going all over Trump's face

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I like all true americans, love pis

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

If the piss tape does not exist, it would be necessary to invent it.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
it doesn't matter if the piss tape exists, it would be idiotic for the russians to release it anymore. they're hosed.

it would prove the russians were working trump from the start
trump would be forced out of office
democrats, republicans, and all the other western nations that are being subjected to russian election meddling, would all be united and out for russian blood
president mike pence (or president paul ryan), as an old-school reagan-fellating conservative, would happily launch Cold War II, Election Bugaboo

if a piss tape exists it will now only be released by russia if trump himself goes full megalomaniac and is on the verge of declaring war on russia

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

it doesn't matter if the piss tape exists, it would be idiotic for the russians to release it anymore. they're hosed.

it would prove the russians were working trump from the start
trump would be forced out of office
democrats, republicans, and all the other western nations that are being subjected to russian election meddling, would all be united and out for russian blood
president mike pence (or president paul ryan), as an old-school reagan-fellating conservative, would happily launch Cold War II, Election Bugaboo

if a piss tape exists it will now only be released by russia if trump himself goes full megalomaniac and is on the verge of declaring war on russia

Actually in the real world and not in whatever sweat lodge/gas yurt hallucination you just had, American and European right wingers would just shrug and be like hell yeah Russia and Putin are both extremely cool and good and nothing else would come of it

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Brown Menace posted:

Actually in the real world and not in whatever sweat lodge/gas yurt hallucination you just had, American and European right wingers would just shrug and be like he'll yeah Russia and Putin are both extremely cool and good
This just means they're enemy combatants in World War 3 :jihad:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
There would be no President Pence, Ryan, or any other Republican. The public at large would demand new elections and Republicans would be left out of it due to being tainted at that point.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

The Brown Menace posted:

Actually in the real world and not in whatever sweat lodge/gas yurt hallucination you just had, American and European right wingers would just shrug and be like hell yeah Russia and Putin are both extremely cool and good and nothing else would come of it

hmm yes, but in the real real world the republicans will realize that "ignore the problem and hope it goes away" is no longer viable, they will pretend to be shocked that such a totally unexpected revelation came out of nowhere, and will instantly turn on trump. they will then remind their boomer voter base (who grew up during the cold war and do not think russia is good or cool) that donald trump was never a real republican, and thank god that a true republican president, mike pence, is finally in charge. at this point embarrassed republicans will fall over themselves to bash russia to try to prove they weren't being gutless traitors all along, which they were and are

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Philthy posted:

There would be no President Pence, Ryan, or any other Republican. The public at large would demand new elections and Republicans would be left out of it due to being tainted at that point.

someone really needs to make

in smilie form

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Philthy posted:

Ahahahaha, we're likelier to have a civil war where the interior fights the coasts than we are to see that world.

My Moms Penis
Feb 21, 2017

by zen death robot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK2OHVr2zG4

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Relevant Tangent posted:

Ahahahaha, we're likelier to have a civil war where the interior fights the coasts than we are to see that world.

in fact the first would basically be a prerequisite for the second, considering what the constitution says about presidential succession

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

hmm yes, but in the real real world the republicans will realize that "ignore the problem and hope it goes away" is no longer viable, they will pretend to be shocked that such a totally unexpected revelation came out of nowhere, and will instantly turn on trump. they will then remind their boomer voter base (who grew up during the cold war and do not think russia is good or cool) that donald trump was never a real republican, and thank god that a true republican president, mike pence, is finally in charge. at this point embarrassed republicans will fall over themselves to bash russia to try to prove they weren't being gutless traitors all along, which they were and are

my dude you might want to check russia's approval among republicans pre- and post-trump

only like 10% of republicans disapprove of russia now, it's not some massive dealbreaker with the boomers being useful for the first time in their lives and opposing trump over russia that you seem to think it is

russian support for right-wing parties is pretty much an open secret at this point. a loan by a russian bank to france's front national fell through the other day, and it's not like anyone denied anything, the fn was pretty much like "yeah we're bankrolled by russia" and guess what? outside of the left, no one cares, the fn will still come in first during the first round of voting

edit: another example being high-ranking afd members in germany visiting russia, once again a thing no one denies, followed by historic election victories for a far-right party in post-war germany

everybody knows, no one cares

The Brown Menace has issued a correction as of 11:32 on Feb 26, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Russia is also supporting left-wing, anti-establishment parties, letting their cronies abroad have a nice "they're doing it too" defence.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Discendo Vox posted:

Russia is also supporting left-wing, anti-establishment parties, letting their cronies abroad have a nice "they're doing it too" defence.
nobody is falling for those though

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

hmm yes, but in the real real world the republicans will realize that "ignore the problem and hope it goes away" is no longer viable,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orYcAiFqknU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Yes, the Green party exists and has a support base, as does Ted Rall. Some of the fringier ones, like the California secession movement, may be more so that the Right have something to point to.

The overarching goal of this propaganda effort by Russia isn't to steer the country rightward- it's to make civic participation seem futile and to drive people away from democratic norms of conduct.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
if nobody cares about russian meddling then why was flynn forced out? why is trump going nuts about leaks from intelligence agencies about the russian connections? why still hide his tax returns? you don't cover up poo poo that you don't expect will hurt you.

more to the point: if republicans suddenly like russia bc it's in their partisan political interest to do so, they can turn on russia just as quickly for the same reason. trump and the gop is a marriage of convenience and everyone else in the presidential succession line is a more stable and reliable conservative than trump. im not naive enough to think that republicans will do their patriotic duty here; im saying there isn't even a blindly partisan reason for them to stand by him if the scandals start getting in the way of their domestic agenda.

a russian hookers piss sex tape would be more than enough reason to kick him to the curb and install pence or ryan. to paraphrase a very successful businessman: what would they have to lose? what the hell would they have to lose?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

a russian hookers piss sex tape would be more than enough reason to kick him to the curb and install pence or ryan. to paraphrase a very successful businessman: what would they have to lose? what the hell would they have to lose?

the trump base won't give a fuuuuuck and decry everything as fake news. so all the smart GOP Congressmen are stuck running mental calculus as to where their seat will be safe if trump is ousted, because if he is the GOP will melt down about as hard as the DNC is right now

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

jill stein and her voters and supporters

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
He could ride Chris Kyle's corpse through a Mexican hooker's golden shower and wipe his rear end with the flag and his base would still support him if he promised to gently caress over more brown people.

Congressional Republicans might not like the guy but they'd rather deal with him than facing the electoral music on betraying Trump.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Agean90 posted:

the trump base won't give a fuuuuuck and decry everything as fake news. so all the smart GOP Congressmen are stuck running mental calculus as to where their seat will be safe if trump is ousted, because if he is the GOP will melt down about as hard as the DNC is right now

bro, just go all in and say "why bother voting since trump will announce that the results were fake news and declare himself god-king of america :smugdog::pipe:"

gently caress off with this stupid edgelord cynicism for cynicism's sake routine, this attitude is exactly the kind of poo poo that helps republicans/russians keep u disengaged from democracy

trump isn't crying fake news because he feels strong. strong leaders don't need to plug their ears and cry "nuh uh it's all lies" over and over again. weak leaders with little legitimacy do that. he basically won the election on a technicality, he's a month into his 1st term and already historically unpopular and scandal-ridden, and is on thin loving ice with his own party, who aren't even "his" party in any historical sense and have zero reason to take any political heat for him if/when the poo poo hits the fan.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

bro, just go all in and say "why bother voting since trump will announce that the results were fake news and declare himself god-king of america :smugdog::pipe:"

gently caress off with this stupid edgelord cynicism for cynicism's sake routine, this attitude is exactly the kind of poo poo that helps republicans/russians keep u disengaged from democracy

trump isn't crying fake news because he feels strong. strong leaders don't need to plug their ears and cry "nuh uh it's all lies" over and over again. weak leaders with little legitimacy do that. he basically won the election on a technicality, he's a month into his 1st term and already historically unpopular and scandal-ridden, and is on thin loving ice with his own party, who aren't even "his" party in any historical sense and have zero reason to take any political heat for him if/when the poo poo hits the fan.

it ain't cynicism about doing anything dipshit it's observation about a sizable and very loud portion of the population. also read what I was responding to. I'm not saying don't do anything, what I'm doing is explaining why gop congressmen are hesitant to oust the Trump. Since you seem annoyed from the endless naysaying of the dem thread and now feel like projecting harder than trunpmp, let me spell out what I was saying:

1. Trump has a fan base that is very loud and will function as a death cult for him
2. They will, consequently, shout to high heavens if/when trump gets impeached
3. therefore congressmen from areas high in trump support will weigh their options to make sure they don't get primaried if they go against him.

I'll have them tendies fam, honey bbq dipping sauce please

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The only way trump gets ousted is if he quits, the only way that happens is if Dems win the House in 2018 and make his life loving hell

The GOP loves the guy and doesn't care that he does a new impeachable thing every day. They are beneath contempt, none will help us or do anything useful ever, and the only falsehoods they're putting out is that they are anxious about Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Every president will have ride or die supporters, even Nixon's floor was around 40% during Watergate. All the fuss about Trump diehards is mostly coming from liberals who are continually surprised that stupid people exist

Trump won because of low Dem turnout (who are now energized against him) and support from independents (who are now turning on him). There is no massive silent majority of Trumper shitheads protecting him.